• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predicting the 7/6A East Conference

Started by Vballfan, August 16, 2014, 06:49:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vballfan

1. Marion
2. North Little Rock/Cabot
4. Jonesboro
5. Little Rock Central
6. Mountain Home
7. west memphis
8. searcy

As compared the Western schools, the East appears to be down this year with Jonesboro graduating the core of its championship team and Marion also rebuilding.  North Little Rock and Central probably return the most starters and are athletic. Cabot graduated it's starting lineup but has some really good talent coming up and competed well against these teams in camps. Not sure about Mountain Home.  It should be a very competitive conference race for the top spots with the key being who can improve the most as the season goes along

Vballfan

September 05, 2014, 09:25:47 am #1 Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:29:29 am by Vballfan
A few Edits based on what we have seen/heard so far:
1. Marion - Marion young but talented. I saw their 9th grade team last year and they were very good.
1A. Mountain Home - Mountain Home appears will be better than I originally predicted, have not seen them but they beat Batesville 3-0
3. Jonesboro - despite losing most of their team from last year, Coach Cummings always seems to find a way to get his team to play well.  Best coaching in the conference.
3A. NLR or Cabot - I have seen both - Cabot has a lot of potential to get better and has a big time hitter, they struggled with passing early but that seems to have improved and now if setting improves to get the ball in better positions where their hitters can do something -they could sneak up on some of the top teams.  NLR is athletic and scrappy. 
6. LR Central - they have some talent and athletic ability, they could jump ahead of NLR or Cabot if they keep improving but at this point still appear below in my view.  Cabot did beat them 3-1
7.8 - Searcy or West Memphis

Overall - from what I have seen in club, the Northwest AR teams are heads and shoulders ahead of Central/East teams.  State tournament should be a 7A West affair and in 6A - Marion/Jonesboro/Mtn Home should be competitive but I still have Russellville as the favorite.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas