• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A/6A Central Arkansas Observations from Team Camps

Started by Vballfan, August 08, 2014, 09:22:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vballfan

6A Jonesboro appears to have graduated a lot their strength from their championship team.
Benton looks reasonably strong again but Russellville has to be the favorite in 6A. They have 3 college committed players and at least one other college prospect.
I haven't seen Marion yet but based on their recent success and what they had in 9th grade last year, I would guess they are the favorite to win the conference.

7A. Not as familiar with the NW part of the state other than seeing the girls in JO but Bentonville has to be the favorite to win the whole thing.  They have a lot of returning players from their runner up team but likely will be with out who is likely the best player in the state in Sabrina Shepherd who is reportedly forgoing her senior season.

Southside should be competitive but maybe not at the same level as last year. Har-Ber should also be much improved with a sophomore libero that is one of the top prospects in the state. 
Conway will be the class of Central Arkansas in 7A.  They have the best setter in this area and a strong supporting cast.
Cabot will be young and inexperienced but has a very good Sophomore hitter that will make a big mark on the conference if they can find a few passers.  Reportedly this girl already has multiple division 1 offers.  Cabot also has a new coach who appears will improve that program.
North Little Rock will be competitive along with Central but where they are extremely athletic, don't appear to be as skilled as the other teams at least at this point.

Not familiar with what mountain home has coming back and Searcy/West Memphis/Hall/JA Fair should probably  start their own conference :)

I see Conway and then Cabot or North Little Rock as the  1-2 seeds in the east of the 7A tourney and Bentonville as the 1 in the west with a tight race for the 2 seed. Sadly the west will roll in the tourney as the volleyball in the east still has a long ways to go to catch up to what the JO programs are producing at Ozark and FSJ.

Cabot and North Little rock split at a recent team camp, Cabot beat MSM, Central and Jonesboro but was beaten soundly by Conway. Valley View beat Cabot 2-1 at a team camp as well.

Valleysports

Vballfan

Quote from: Valleysports on August 09, 2014, 11:59:43 am
I don't know - Conway seems inconsistent.

No disagreement there. I just don't see anyone in the East in 7A that can beat them out for the 1 seed.  I suppose though the competition in their conference is tougher and maybe North Little Rock or even Cabot could benefit from that the way the rankings are done.  Hadn't really thought about that. 

Valleysports

Ha ha - I was trying to flush out which team you support.  Thought it might be Conway.  Conway, like FS, GW, NWA, Jonesboro, is usually pretty salty because of the JO Programs.  Russellville (Tech) started one 6 yrs ago - some of this year's seniors where in that first class - future looks good.

Vballfan

Yes the Golden Suns have a top program and a lot of talent in their Junior and Senior classes.  Word out of Russellville is the coaching doesn't always showcase the ability the players develop in the off season ;)

I would rather not say my team as I don't want to seem biased.  I like good volleyball and drove our daughter a long ways for club to find the training for her. The talent in arkansas is very strong with several college level prospects in the 2015-2017 age ranges.

Valleysports

Oh you definitely have a reliable source on Russellville - been a lot of games played with one hand tied behind their backs.  lol!   :'(

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas