• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mena Tournament 2013

Started by 1-Adam-12, September 03, 2013, 10:33:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

Good teams abound in this one!  Takes place this coming Saturday starting at 9:00.

Pool A (in new gym):  Mena, Paris, Lake Hamilton, Fountain Lake, Lavaca

Pool B (in old gym):  Waldron, Mansfield, Booneville, Camden Fairview, Jessieville

Waldron is the defending champion but will be hard pressed to repeat.  The winner of this tournament will certainly have EARNED it.

buck01ark2001

Mansfield won tourney and Mena came in 2nd.  Don't know how the rest of teams finished.  Those two teams were by far the best 2 teams there!!!!

1-Adam-12

I would certainly agree with that point.

The pool play came out like this:

Pool A: 

1. Mena
2. Lake Hamilton
3. Paris
4. Fountain Lake
5. Lavaca

Pool B:
1. Mansfield
2. Booneville
3. Waldron
4. Jessieville
5. Camden Fairview

Well run tournament. If the 4A state tournament (also in Mena this year) is run anything like this, no worries.

sevenof400

I saw Mansfield last year at Harding and they were good but they had one girl who was really good.  An outside hitter who could jump and kill with authority.  Very fun to watch.
I thought she was a senior last year ...perhaps not.. but in any case it doesn't surprise me to see Mansfield in the thick of things. 

buck01ark2001

Mansfield returns all the starters from last years state champ team.  They are loaded.  The one girl I believe you are talking about is a sr this year. 

buck01ark2001

Mena is gonna have a great team the next few years.  They have some young players playing with good size.   They will get better and better all year

1-Adam-12

Makes me wonder if Mena could throw a challenge into VV or JBW and make a run at a 4A state title. With state tournament at Mena they certainly will have a crowd behind them.

Mena should win their conference fairly handily with Booneville and Waldron fighting it out for 2nd. No district tournament in 4A West this season so the battle for 4th will be high drama with one of (I predict) Arkadelphia, Malvern and Ashdown going to state and the other two into off-season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas