• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cedarville

Started by whippersnapper, December 27, 2013, 01:36:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

footballguy33

Quote from: Snakecharmer59 on March 03, 2014, 10:28:37 am
The Cedarville saga continues. In talking with someone close to the Athletic department , I asked why Cedarville administration had so blatantly mistreated Cedarville Athletics and Specifically Football program so badly. What I found out was sure not what I had been hearing. Coach Shelters first year his team played in all new helmets and shoulder pads. Coach shelter was not happy with the quality of the helmets which were ordered by Coach Scott of the previous staff. So Coach Approached the admin and bought all new Helmets. The admin had also surfaced the football game field and had built a new practice field. The admin also bought all Alma weight equipment. Sounds to me as if  there is support for Athletics at Cedarville and that includes Football. It also appears to me that The Head Coach of Cedarville Football couldn't handle a little adversity so he tucked tail and ran leaving his 3 assistants in a no win situation.

It was Coach Moore who ordered the terrible helmets. The weight equipment came from Van Buren and the majority of it is sitting in a tractor trailer or in the new wellness center.  They had to build a new practice field because they tore the old one up to build the new baseball field.  The equipment was so bad that helmets and shoulder pads were breaking in games.  Some of the helmets were 15 years old.  Now I'm not gonna sit here and say nothing has ever been done for cedarville football.  But typically speaking Cedarville football suits out mid-20's and under Coach Shelton the number rose to over 50 at certain points.  Seems cowardly to me to bash a man who is gone, and the "social studies teacher" was a first year coach, so yeah he had a learning curve.  I imagine he would be viewed better if he could only have found a way to get the ball to those fincher boys more lol.

Pirates1265

Close but not exactly accurate. the helmets had to be bought because no company would recondition the Rawlings helmets that were there so they are being replaced over time. you are correct that great support was in place while Eric capp was principal. his reassignment ended that. Cedarville is on their 4th principal in 4 years. The weight equipment was bought by Capp when there were plans to convert a building near the field into a field house. that equipment was stored in trailers on campus when the plans were changed. there was no turning tail and running if that was the case it would have happened after 0-10 first season. the two assistants are fine one is getting out of Coaching the other is planning  on staying in coaching but maybe not at Cedarville. As I said before good luck to the pirates I wish them and coach lea great success. he will do very well

Coach Venny Slocombe

Coach Lea...after reading all of this all I can say is...good luck! ;)

IndependentFootballFan

ATU

I think ole George Bush will do just fine.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas