• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010-2011 Arkansas Basketball

Started by ABâ„¢, December 08, 2010, 06:34:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bondfan4ever

Let me throw this question out there: No matter what happens or who our new coach may be, how many players currently on the roster who are not seniors do we lose?

Rulesman

Quote from: AirWarren on March 12, 2011, 10:40:26 pm
Ross looked easily fatigued.
Lazy is a better description. IMO he's looked that way the better part of the last month.

fbhound

Bondfan4ever: 
I say we lose Waithe and maybe Wade. Scott will stay and so will Powell. Sitting out a year for them will be harmful to keeping in basketball shape. Bryant can only get stronger and Clarke will be as good as this year. Both he and Pat Bradley have averaged 91-92 3 point FGs each year, so hopefully Rotnei will be in the offense enough to end up close to the record set by Bradley (366 I think). We just need one good BIG man who can block out and rebound and have a shot other than a slam dunk feed. Nobles should be improved on ball handling... lets hope anyway! We do need another guard to replace Britt, since Peterson and Nobles are going to have bad nights on turnovers or foul trouble or just "not being on".
We will be better next year with ANY coach.

HSFBF

Good assessment for 2011-12 season. The key is the incoming 5 guys, down to 4 from what I heard today ...

redwolf143

Quote from: HSFBF on March 18, 2011, 12:41:03 pm
Good assessment for 2011-12 season. The key is the incoming 5 guys, down to 4 from what I heard today ...

You ain't selling papers, how bout you just say what you heard and drop the ellipses.

neutral fan

Quote from: HSFBF on March 18, 2011, 12:41:03 pm
What recruit did we lose..?

Romeo

We haven't lost any recruits until they are officially released out of their letter of intent.

papaeagle

March 18, 2011, 03:24:51 pm #557 Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 03:26:25 pm by papaeagle
Quote from: Romeo on March 18, 2011, 03:05:46 pm
We haven't lost any recruits until they are officially released out of their letter of intent.
OR if they don't make their grades or enough on the ACT. For that reason, no poster should give a specific name, it is not allowed to post bad comments on a student's grades or on problems with the law, etc...   Otherwise, rumors have to be "generic" in nature only. I too have heard, for various reasons and published official comments by the players, that two of them are on the fence on coming. Yes, a release is needed and the U of A just might give them because the situation has changes A LOT from when they committed, loss of the head coach. That is valid reason according to the NCAA. And what good would a player be if he sulked and did not want to play, counted on our graduation rate and then left after one year? I say let 'em go now if they want. The attitude of one of them concerns me a a bit too much,  "ME" and "I" all over the place, and Kansas let him visit and declined to offer a scholarship. 

gatecrasher

Highly likely that Ky Madden won't be coming....that comes from folks I met at Summit Arena the other night....

Folks that identified themselves as family members said that if Pel goes, Ky was likely not coming. However, I would think the kid has sense enough to wait & see who the new coach is before making that kind of decision.

papaeagle

Hearing this morning by big booster close to a BOT member that 4 of the recruits have said they won't come. I would rather think they would at least wait to see who the coach is! A player should sign a letter on intent based on 5 things, IMHO.
    (1) AR in the SEC  (2) AR has good history of NCAA tournament final 2 and final 4 teams (in the past)  (3) Great facilities, probably best in middle USA and in top 5 overall  (4) many TV appearances usually during the year and lastly, (5) the coaching staff that recruits you.
    To decide to NOT come would indicate the student paid way too much attention to #5 and not look at the other 4 aspects. Would these recruits go to where Pelphrey was if the arena seated 6000, there was little traditon at all, it was a lower level conference or was not on TV at all?... DOUBTFUL!    That's my point. Would Pelphrey even gotten them to visit if the first 4 conditions were not there? NO, even if he did come across as a nice guy and say the right things.  :(

bdubyab60

I wouldnt be shocked to see a few of them leave no matter who the new coach is. And as far as one of them having a me attitude werent there a few of them on the team this year when you dont show respect to the coach I would consider that a bad attitude as well. I think all of the recruits will wait and see who the coach is they have time. And most of them have plenty of offers if the Hogs dont hire a guy they like.

eagle-fan

You mean some current team members had a "me" attitude this year? Let me see .... I count only one, well maybe two .... wait, there IS one more who tweeted the earliest this year in December. So that's three I guess.  Wait . . . . let me think another moment.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas