• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn Etc.

Started by RGP, March 29, 2011, 08:22:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex-HAplayer

Bout time. I got bored with

Arkansas fan: Auburn sux
Me: Really, What has your team done?
AF:  .........Play 36
Me:  National Champion
AF:........Auburn Sux

RD™

Apparently you were warned before. Enjoy your 3 days off.

cav2012

powerlifter90

Hog calls at a Blake Shelton concert............. one more example.

Hoghead

wow ! Just amazing.

AirWarren

July 10, 2011, 11:41:17 am #555 Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:44:23 am by AirWarren
No need to talk about the auburn pillow biter fans on here about the auburn tigers. They are old news. 

And until Nebraska wins something in the common era and against competition other than the weak big 12 or 10 wherever they are then rights to speak about a husker should be revoked.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on July 09, 2011, 11:44:30 am
Bout time. I got bored with

Arkansas fan: Auburn sux
Me: Really, What has your team done?
AF:  .........Play 36
Me:  National Champion
AF:........Auburn Sux

Auburn still Suks and give our vacation boy a week off. He probably deserves it anyway, lol!

Peety

How does he deserve it?

powerlifter90

Quote from: AirWarren on July 10, 2011, 11:41:17 am
No need to talk about the auburn pillow biter fans on here about the auburn tigers. They are old news. 

And until Nebraska wins something in the common era and against competition other than the weak big 12 or 10 wherever they are then rights to speak about a husker should be revoked.

Ark, "MIGHT" have won the B12 N THIS season, but in other seasons, NOT

finish higher than 3rd in your own division before you talk crap about those that win theirs.... I know I know they play in the SEC West, but since they play in the mighty SEC shouldn't they be able to get the athletes needed to compete with everyone else.  Or is LSU, BAMA, AUB somehow getting better player and/or coaching them up better in order to win.

Hoghead

July 11, 2011, 02:10:43 am #559 Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 02:12:18 am by Hoghead

Ahhh that Nebraska Tommy (Florida Native) Frazier  beat down of the Gators must've escaped you back in 96 ?????

The Snowman

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 10, 2011, 11:04:44 pm

finish higher than 3rd in your own division before you talk crap about those that win theirs.... I know I know they play in the SEC West, but since they play in the mighty SEC shouldn't they be able to get the athletes needed to compete with everyone else.  Or is LSU, BAMA, AUB somehow getting better player and/or coaching them up better in order to win.

I'm not one of those that says UA's tradition is comparable to NU's, but dude they haven't won anything in years and you're just as bad as the folks talking about the Hog's glory days.  Not only has the Big 12 been the suck, but Nebraska played in the weakest part of it.  Even when Nutt was here the hogs would've been in the running for the North title.  If Nu was in the sec the last 10 years they wouldn't have any more success than what the hogs have.

Wahls

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 10, 2011, 11:04:44 pmArk, "MIGHT" have won the B12 N THIS season, but in other seasons, NOT

Who on EARTH in the Big 12 would have beaten Arkansas this year?!?! PLEASE enlighten me on this.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: The Snowman on July 11, 2011, 07:23:36 am
Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 10, 2011, 11:04:44 pm

I'm not one of those that says UA's tradition is comparable to NU's, but dude they haven't won anything in years and you're just as bad as the folks talking about the Hog's glory days.  Not only has the Big 12 been the suck, but Nebraska played in the weakest part of it.  Even when Nutt was here the hogs would've been in the running for the North title.  If Nu was in the sec the last 10 years they wouldn't have any more success than what the hogs have.
Please don't argue with Bugs...remember he played D-1 football...oh wait, no he didn't...carry on Snowman...lol...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on July 11, 2011, 11:33:44 am
Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 10, 2011, 11:04:44 pmArk, "MIGHT" have won the B12 N THIS season, but in other seasons, NOT

Who on EARTH in the Big 12 would have beaten Arkansas this year?!?! PLEASE enlighten me on this.
SOA, have you not figured Bugs out yet? He is using Auburn as a vehicle to down the hogs and deflect attention from his own pathetic school...NU...
Nebraska has not won anything in years and haven't even been relevent on the National level in years...and it is killing Bugs that the little ole UofA would butt stomp his Cornhuskers into the ground and make them like it...face it Bugs, UofA is on the upswing while Nu is taking a slow ride into oblivian...
Cue Bugs...we have tradition...my answer to that...what have you done for me lately...Oh yeah, lost to that powerhouse Washington...

AirWarren

Thank you SB.

I hate to break it to you bugs, but Arkansas competes with your opinion of a big dogs in sec year in and year out. We get the athletes but have just struggled with adequate coaching. I hate to break it to you but we got the right guy. Talent is now flooding to the u of a. Nebraska is not only a figment of your imagination of being a top notch program but a team that arkansas has no worry with.

Maybe one day we can settle this argument on the field with the two teams. Only way to get both sides to shut up haha.

Wahls

Third in the little 10 north = Kansas State (7-6) = losing to SYRACUSE and Colorado

Third in the SEC West = Arkansas (10-3)= Losing #1 Auburn, #6 Alabama, #7 Ohio State

Get that "finishing third in your division" BS out of here. Our leagues are worlds apart.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on July 11, 2011, 01:14:11 pm
Third in the little 10 north = Kansas State (7-6) = losing to SYRACUSE and Colorado

Third in the SEC West = Arkansas (10-3)= Losing #1 Auburn, #6 Alabama, #7 Ohio State

Get that "finishing third in your division" BS out of here. Our leagues are worlds apart.
Great comparison...but he will never understand it...

AirWarren

You can't deny those facts SB.

powerlifter90

"competing" with the "big dogs" does not mean you get beat by the "big dogs" by a touchdown or two, then whine about the refs. 

Its not mine or anyone else's fault that Ark ran from the SWC, joined the SEC and in doing so bit off more than they could chew.  Ark has not WON a conf championship in the 18 years they have been in the BIG BOY conf, to me that is not competing. 

Who would have beaten Ark in the B12 last year, NU (before Martinez got hurt), OU and OSU (maybe). 

I was listening to Phil Steele, driving through Kansas this morning.  In speaking of the SEC he said basically the same thing about Ark as everyone outside the state says.  "Fans want to be 'relevant', Ark has had some 'decent' teams over the years, but won't get the national respect until they start winning division and conference championships are at least start competing for the latter".  "You don't gain relevance by going to and losing in the Sugar Bowl"

As far as "what have you done for me lately?  Well, I ask, what has Ark done for ME lately?  I mean NU has won 3 national titles (two by thrashing the SEC champion), and played in games that would dictate the national title twice more.  Depending on how you describe "lately", 3 years, 5 years, 7 years 15 years, 18 years, etc., NU has had a better record over any of those spans than Ark has and has the hardware to prove it.  Just because you PLAY in BIG BOY conference doesn't mean you are a BIG BOY.  Otherwise we can add the other 5 teams in the SEC that haven't won a title to this discussion

Finish higher than 3rd in your division and you will have something to crow about, until then you ar Kentucky, MSU, ole Miss, USCs and Vandy.

Wahls

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 11, 2011, 10:42:04 pmIts not mine or anyone else's fault that Ark ran from the SWC, joined the SEC and in doing so bit off more than they could chew.

Well you're about to get taken to the woodshed on this post and it's kind of long, so it's good to know that you won't hold me accountable for it.

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 11, 2011, 10:42:04 pmWho would have beaten Ark in the B12 last year, NU (before Martinez got hurt), OU and OSU (maybe).

Now that's insane. I mean, bat poop crazy. Nebraska and Oklahoma State? Are you serious? Do you WATCH football outside the little 12? You guys lost to TEXAS. TEXAS! I'm not even bringing up the Washington game.

How can you possibly make the case that Arkansas fans have blind loyalty when you start saying stuff like this?

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 11, 2011, 10:42:04 pmAs far as "what have you done for me lately?  Well, I ask, what has Ark done for ME lately?  I mean NU has won 3 national titles

No one gives a flying frick about the 90's. We can start talking about Arkansas in any thread on this board, then out of no where you start blabbering on about Nebraska and you keep trying to validate your points from the 90's. Sheesh, pick and choose your spots for God's sake.

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 11, 2011, 10:42:04 pmNU has had a better record over any of those spans than Ark has and has the hardware to prove it.

ANY time frame? Let's pick the most recent one - how about last year? Oh, they don't.

On one hand, you admit that our level of competition is much higher, on the other, you come back and blindly compare the two. Which is it? It sure can't be both.

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 11, 2011, 10:42:04 pmJust because you PLAY in BIG BOY conference doesn't mean you are a BIG BOY.

In 2005 when Texas won their national title, your conference was nicknamed "Texas and the Eleven Dwarfs" by Sports Illustrated. I'm pretty sure that's all I need to say to that. If you want to go talk about 15 years ago, go reminisce about the good ole days with the Notre Dame fans.

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 11, 2011, 10:42:04 pmFinish higher than 3rd in your division and you will have something to crow about, until then you ar Kentucky, MSU, ole Miss, USCs and Vandy.

How many BCS bowls did Nebraska play in last year? Oh, none? That's right. They played in the Bridgepoint Education Holiday bowl and lost to a team that only completed two or three passes in the first half. If 3rd in the SEC West is good enough for a BCS Bowl, it's good enough for me.

If Nebraska was in the Big 12 South, they would have finished tied for second or third in that division. Playing in a Sun Belt esque division doesn't make you any more relevant.

So in summary, Nebraska lost to an average team in a beater bowl, played in a worse conference, posted a worse record, and still thinks they're relevant from 15 years ago.

All I can say, I'm glad I'm an Arkansas fan.

The Snowman

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 11, 2011, 10:42:04 pm
"competing" with the "big dogs" does not mean you get beat by the "big dogs" by a touchdown or two, then whine about the refs. 

Its not mine or anyone else's fault that Ark ran from the SWC, joined the SEC and in doing so bit off more than they could chew.  Ark has not WON a conf championship in the 18 years they have been in the BIG BOY conf, to me that is not competing. 

Who would have beaten Ark in the B12 last year, NU (before Martinez got hurt), OU and OSU (maybe). 

I was listening to Phil Steele, driving through Kansas this morning.  In speaking of the SEC he said basically the same thing about Ark as everyone outside the state says.  "Fans want to be 'relevant', Ark has had some 'decent' teams over the years, but won't get the national respect until they start winning division and conference championships are at least start competing for the latter".  "You don't gain relevance by going to and losing in the Sugar Bowl"

As far as "what have you done for me lately?  Well, I ask, what has Ark done for ME lately?  I mean NU has won 3 national titles (two by thrashing the SEC champion), and played in games that would dictate the national title twice more.  Depending on how you describe "lately", 3 years, 5 years, 7 years 15 years, 18 years, etc., NU has had a better record over any of those spans than Ark has and has the hardware to prove it.  Just because you PLAY in BIG BOY conference doesn't mean you are a BIG BOY.  Otherwise we can add the other 5 teams in the SEC that haven't won a title to this discussion

Finish higher than 3rd in your division and you will have something to crow about, until then you ar Kentucky, MSU, ole Miss, USCs and Vandy.
NU over the last 10 years has feasted on a weak schedule.  Generally when they have played a good team they have lost.  The mighty Texas Tech has owned you in those years with a 70-10 defeat as if they were a powerhouse!

dc24

Well, just on the outside looking in.

I don't think there is anyway that anyone can brag about winning the Big 12 North.  There for a while before Kansas was really good that one year, the Big 12 North was barely better than the Sun Belt.  I actually think ULL beat Kansas State one year and they finished a game out of first in that division.  The year that Texas beat Colorado 70-3 was one of the funniest things I'll ever remember about sports because it was such a mismatch.  The South division has carried the Big 12 for a long time now, but I will say that Nebraska is back on the map again, even if they did lose to Washington and all that. 

BUGS makes good points though in his last post.  Arkansas is very close to making it over that hump, and in a way they did last year, but one year doesn't make a program, and finishing 3rd in a division, however strong that division may be, is still 3rd place.

To me, and this is just my opinion so it isn't worth much, but I pretty much view Nebraska and Arkansas in their current states, as pretty much the same.  I think Arkansas is more talented, and better coached for the most part, but Nebraska has at least won their division (no matter the weakness) and been to the conference championship a couple of times and competed with some good teams and Arkansas did the same not too terribly long ago.  If I had to pick one though right now, I'd say Arkansas is stronger, just because the SEC is stronger.  It isn't by a long shot though, and Nebraska obviously has much more tradition. 

Wahls

I don't get how you can lose to the Texas team of last year and claim to be able to beat a team that went to a BCS bowl. Boggles the mind.

The Snowman

Quote from: dc24 on July 11, 2011, 11:27:53 pm

I don't think there is anyway that anyone can brag about winning the Big 12 North.  There for a while before Kansas was really good that one year, the Big 12 North was barely better than the Sun Belt.  I actually think ULL beat Kansas State one year and they finished a game out of first in that division.  The year that Texas beat Colorado 70-3 was one of the funniest things I'll ever remember about sports because it was such a mismatch.  The South division has carried the Big 12 for a long time now, but I will say that Nebraska is back on the map again, even if they did lose to Washington and all that. 

BUGS makes good points though in his last post.  Arkansas is very close to making it over that hump, and in a way they did last year, but one year doesn't make a program, and finishing 3rd in a division, however strong that division may be, is still 3rd place.

To me, and this is just my opinion so it isn't worth much, but I pretty much view Nebraska and Arkansas in their current states, as pretty much the same.  I think Arkansas is more talented, and better coached for the most part, but Nebraska has at least won their division (no matter the weakness) and been to the conference championship a couple of times and competed with some good teams and Arkansas did the same not too terribly long ago.  If I had to pick one though right now, I'd say Arkansas is stronger, just because the SEC is stronger.  It isn't by a long shot though, and Nebraska obviously has much more tradition. 
3rd in a division that has 5 top 20 teams is nothing to sneeze at.  All conference champions are not comparable just ask UConn.

dc24

Quote from: The Snowman on July 11, 2011, 11:43:26 pm

3rd in a division that has 5 top 20 teams is nothing to sneeze at.  All conference champions are not comparable just ask UConn.

Well of course not.  But most years the Big 12 champion is comparable to the SEC champion.  Most years Texas and Oklahoma are on par with the top of the SEC.  The disparity is in the middle tier and bottom tier of the conferences. 

The Snowman

Quote from: dc24 on July 12, 2011, 02:40:27 am

Well of course not.  But most years the Big 12 champion is comparable to the SEC champion.  Most years Texas and Oklahoma are on par with the top of the SEC.  The disparity is in the middle tier and bottom tier of the conferences. 
those teams u named are in the south and nu usually only plays one.  The rest are crappy north teams and a soft nonconf schedule. 

powerlifter90

Martinez got dinged up the 5th game of the season, he took another hit that limited his effectiveness vs Texas the 7th game of the season.  He was never the same after the sprained ankle vs Missouri the 9th game of the season.  After the Missouri game NU averaged 22 pts a game, before they were averaging 40+.  Also after the Texas game it was pretty well known that the OC was gone after the season, nobody knows for sure but it looks like he pretty well tanked the season after that.  If NU would have played Ark before the 7th game of the season they would have won.  Remember this would have been before Ark found a running game, and NU had one of the best defenses in the nation, a defense that plays in an "offensive" league.  Ark would have beaten NU by 14+ any time after the Missouri game.

Last year Ark won 10 games and went to their FIRST bcs game.........ever.  NU won 10 and looked like crap at the end of the season.  The year before Ark was a field goal away from loosing in the Mud Island bowl to a CUSA team.  Don't give me this crap when Ark is still a "one year wonder", heck KU won 12 games a few years back and played in a BCS bowl, big freakin deal.

When we speak of Ark v NU are we talking program or team?  Ark had the better tea (last year), NU has the better program.

powerlifter90

I'm glad I saved this, did some research a while back for another piggie fan who thinks the hogs have a better "program" than NU........... enjoy

I went back to 1970, figured 40 years was enough, if you'd like I can go back further.  I am putting the decade, wins, losses, winning %, years ranked higher or lower, and years not ranked (NR), in the final AP or UPI poll whick ever was higher.   If you have anything else to say about which program is better, we can look at conference championships, national championships, Heisman winners, total wins, or anything else that is used to define a "program".  Actually I didn't even realize how bad UA football has been over 4 decades until I looked at the numbers below.  Dang, might as well be MSU, Kentucky, or Vandy.

NU                           UA
70-79          98-19-3   84%         79-31  72%   NR 72, 74, 76, years ranked higher 75, 77

80-89         103-20     84%         85-33   72%    NR 80, 83, 84, 87, years ranked higher, none

90-99         108-14-1  89%        55-58  49%   NR all except 98, 99, years ranked higher, none

00-09              84-44  67%              71-54  57%

NU was not ranked in 02, 06, 07, 08 in the final polls
UA was not ranked in 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09 in the final polls

UA finished the season ranked higher in the final poll once over NU, that was 06

The Snowman

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 12, 2011, 07:24:14 am
Martinez got dinged up the 5th game of the season, he took another hit that limited his effectiveness vs Texas the 7th game of the season.  He was never the same after the sprained ankle vs Missouri the 9th game of the season.  After the Missouri game NU averaged 22 pts a game, before they were averaging 40+.  Also after the Texas game it was pretty well known that the OC was gone after the season, nobody knows for sure but it looks like he pretty well tanked the season after that.  If NU would have played Ark before the 7th game of the season they would have won.  Remember this would have been before Ark found a running game, and NU had one of the best defenses in the nation, a defense that plays in an "offensive" league.  Ark would have beaten NU by 14+ any time after the Missouri game.

Last year Ark won 10 games and went to their FIRST bcs game.........ever.  NU won 10 and looked like crap at the end of the season.  The year before Ark was a field goal away from loosing in the Mud Island bowl to a CUSA team.  Don't give me this crap when Ark is still a "one year wonder", heck KU won 12 games a few years back and played in a BCS bowl, big freakin deal.

When we speak of Ark v NU are we talking program or team?  Ark had the better tea (last year), NU has the better program.
ok just for comparison...do you think boise state goes to the bcs games they've been in if they were in the pac 10, big 12, sec...or even uconn or cincy...schedule matters my friend, you can say whatever you want but nu plays cupcakes and martinez is charmin soft no matter how you fix it.   

dc24

Quote from: The Snowman on July 12, 2011, 06:28:19 am
Quote from: dc24 on July 12, 2011, 02:40:27 am

those teams u named are in the south and nu usually only plays one.  The rest are crappy north teams and a soft nonconf schedule. 

I know that, but they are in the same conference like it or not, and the Big 12 North was not much worse than the SEC East this past year. 

And yes I know Arkansas is in the West Division, just pointing that out.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 12, 2011, 07:24:14 am

IF, IF, IF...fact is nobody really knows...NU is the better program, but Arkansas is the better team right now...and facts are facts, the SEC is head and shoulders above the Suck 12...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Your such and idiot...Arkansas did not run from the SWC. Arkansas made a more lucrative move to the premier conference in world...unlike Nu who ran scared away from Texas like a bunch of little kitties to the Big Ten...
Playing for third place in the SEC West is above winning a Big Twelve North title by a long shot. Arkansas would have won the Big Twelve last year hands down...NU couldn't beat a down trodden Texas team and then couldn't beat Washington...lol...Hurts don't it bugs...
Lately would be in the last 10 years or so Bugs and NU has been pretty much irrelevent...

cav2012

Lemme get this straight......you'd rather finish in third place in the sec west rather then win the big 12 north??

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: cav2012 on July 12, 2011, 10:55:18 am
Lemme get this straight......you'd rather finish in third place in the sec west rather then win the big 12 north??
No, not at all cav...what I am saying is, the third place team from the SEC West would have won the Big Twelve...easily the North Title and more than likely the whole shooting match...so in essence the third place team in the SEC is more relevent than the Big Suck Champion...

Wahls

For those of you that are interested, this "superior" program is playing Texas on ESPNU at 5:30.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on July 12, 2011, 09:18:59 am

Finish higher than 3rd in your division and you will have something to crow about, until then you are Kentucky, MSU, ole Miss, USCs and Vandy.
Your such and idiot...Arkansas did not run from the SWC. Arkansas made a more lucrative move to the premier conference in world...unlike Nu who ran scared away from Texas like a bunch of little kitties to the Big Ten...
Playing for third place in the SEC West is above winning a Big Twelve North title by a long shot. Arkansas would have won the Big Twelve last year hands down...NU couldn't beat a down trodden Texas team and then couldn't beat Washington...lol...Hurts don't it bugs...
Lately would be in the last 10 years or so Bugs and NU has been pretty much irrelevant...

10 years........ok, that would put us back to 2000 (I know this is 2011 but season hasn't started yet.
NU played for a national title in 01, conf titles in 06, 09, and 10

Since 00
NU is 94-48
UA is 81-57

WIN NU

BCS bowl games
NU 01  loss
UA 10 loss

PUSH

Conference championships
NU   0
UA  0

PUSH 

Division championships
NU    3  (06, 09, 10)
UA  1  (06)

WIN NU       

RANKINGS (team finishing higher)
NU  00, 01, 03, 04, 05, 09
UA  06, 10

WIN NU

I know, I know........    "but, but, but.........we play in the SEC"
That's not my fault, that's yours, you should have went Big 8/12 with the rest of the SWC and not got too big for your britches.  A 1st place finish in any division, in the Big 10, 12, SEC, ACC, or Pac 10/12 is better than 3rd (at best) in a division in any of the same.  You play in the SEC you should be able to get "SEC caliber players to compete with the rest.  There are 6 teams in conf that haven't won a conference title, UA is the best of that group, but in 18 years you haven't won squat and until you do you are irrelevant to the rest of college football.  Heck, in '11 you are picked 3rd in the West.......AGAIN, but yet some homers are saying "national championship caliber team".  PHOOEY, 3rd place in the West is still 2 spots behind Bama and a spot behind LSU.  The way it looks UA will be the 4th or 5th best team in the conf this year, behind BAMA, LSU, uGa, and possibly UF.  Until you start winning games that matter shut the heck up and take your place at the back of the bus.  Hey, NU isn't what they used to be, but I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was". 
OBTW, we are picked to win our division in the crappy ole Big 10..........
I'll take a division title and the joy of watching MY team play in the ccg instead of sitting around for a month whining about refs and saying "what if". 

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 12, 2011, 12:10:01 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on July 12, 2011, 09:18:59 am

Finish higher than 3rd in your division and you will have something to crow about, until then you are Kentucky, MSU, ole Miss, USCs and Vandy.
Lately would be in the last 10 years or so Bugs and NU has been pretty much irrelevant...

10 years........ok, that would put us back to 2000 (I know this is 2011 but season hasn't started yet.
NU played for a national title in 01, conf titles in 06, 09, and 10

Since 00
NU is 94-48
UA is 81-57

WIN NU

BCS bowl games
NU 01  loss
UA 10 loss

PUSH

Conference championships
NU   0
UA  0

PUSH 

Division championships
NU    3  (06, 09, 10)
UA  1  (06)

WIN NU       

RANKINGS (team finishing higher)
NU  00, 01, 03, 04, 05, 09
UA  06, 10

WIN NU

I know, I know……..    “but, but, but………we play in the SEC”
That’s not my fault, that’s yours, you should have went Big 8/12 with the rest of the SWC and not got too big for your britches.  A 1st place finish in any division, in the Big 10, 12, SEC, ACC, or Pac 10/12 is better than 3rd (at best) in a division in any of the same.  You play in the SEC you should be able to get “SEC caliber players to compete with the rest.  There are 6 teams in conf that haven't won a conference title, UA is the best of that group, but in 18 years you haven't won squat and until you do you are irrelevant to the rest of college football.  Heck, in ’11 you are picked 3rd in the West…….AGAIN, but yet some homers are saying "national championship caliber team”.  PHOOEY, 3rd place in the West is still 2 spots behind Bama and a spot behind LSU.  The way it looks UA will be the 4th or 5th best team in the conf this year, behind BAMA, LSU, uGa, and possibly UF.  Until you start winning games that matter shut the heck up and take your place at the back of the bus.  Hey, NU isn’t what they used to be, but I’d rather be a “has been” than a “never was”. 
OBTW, we are picked to win our division in the crappy ole Big 10……….
I’ll take a division title and the joy of watching MY team play in the ccg instead of sitting around for a month whining about refs and saying “what if”. 

I wish we had a crayon font then maybe you would understand...I doubt it though...Okay so NU's overall record for the past ten years is better...by 13 games in ten years...The SEC is better than the Big Suck, the competition is better. Had NU played Arkansas schedule the record would have been worse, that is a given...
and yes NU has more Division titles, yet again in the Big Twelve North which is equivilant to the Gulf South in football...so again you lose...you don't understand it I know, but you lose...I know, I know, you thought at one point in your pathetic life that you played D-1 football but you didn't...and also Arkansas would have been ranked all those years after playing that crap schedule...

powerlifter90

IF you play with the BIG BOYS (SEC) you should be able to recruit with the BIG BOYS.......

Quit deferring the fact that UA is 1 or 6 teams in the SEC that have not won a conference title.  I wonder what excuse those other 5 teams use.   
Ok, you play in the West, look at it this way, could you win the East any of those years?

I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"

"pathetic" life..........haha............ anytime you want to compare athletic accomplishments lets go. 

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 12, 2011, 02:27:41 pm
IF you play with the BIG BOYS (SEC) you should be able to recruit with the BIG BOYS.......

Quit deferring the fact that UA is 1 or 6 teams in the SEC that have not won a conference title.  I wonder what excuse those other 5 teams use.   
Ok, you play in the West, look at it this way, could you win the East any of those years?

"pathetic" life..........haha............ anytime you want to compare athletic accomplishments lets go. 
Duhhh, Bugs, we have already heard of your athletic accomplishments...the ones you have lied about...lol...and weightlifting is not a real sport...kinda like Billiards...
Arkansas is on the upswing, that run of no conference titles will end within the next two years...mark it down...
Just when I thought that you could not make yourself look any dumber...you surprise us all and do it...

powerlifter90

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on July 12, 2011, 02:43:32 pm

Duhhh, Bugs, we have already heard of your athletic accomplishments...the ones you have lied about...lol...and weightlifting is not a real sport...kinda like Billiards...
Arkansas is on the upswing, that run of no conference titles will end within the next two years...mark it down...
Just when I thought that you could not make yourself look any dumber...you surprise us all and do it...

Venny........... another post without saying anything but still taking personal shots, might as well call you "B.G. III"

speaking of "dumb".....weightlifting is the type of lifting done in the Olympics which consists of the clean and jerk and snatch.
Powerlifting is an event where you combine the squat, bench and deadlift.  If you are going to take shots at least be smart enough to know what venue you are taking shots at.  Considering what I make from "billiards" I don't care if you think its a sport or not. 

"Ark will win a conf title in the next two years"     Venny Slocombe
It better be next year then, because BAMA or LSU have dibs this season.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 12, 2011, 03:05:55 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on July 12, 2011, 02:43:32 pm

Venny........... another post without saying anything but still taking personal shots, might as well call you "B.G. III"

speaking of "dumb".....weightlifting is the type of lifting done in the Olympics which consists of the clean and jerk and snatch.
Powerlifting is an event where you combine the squat, bench and deadlift.  If you are going to take shots at least be smart enough to know what venue you are taking shots at.  Considering what I make from "billiards" I don't care if you think its a sport or not. 

"Ark will win a conf title in the next two years"     Venny Slocombe
It better be next year then, because BAMA or LSU have dibs this season.

Yes dude, we all know your a genius and a weightlifting Guru...and I could care less about weightlifting or powerlifting as do about 99% of the people on this board...so again, tell us some more lies about your Athletic accomplishments...lol...

powerlifter90

how did this turn into my "athletic accomplishments" thread?   It started out an Auburn thread where Ark fans were poking fun at and disrespecting the national champion (something that Ark fans wouldn't know about, at least those under 40)

Then it turned into a Ark vs NU thread, which, although recently there isn't much difference, but Ark couldn't carry NU's jock in years past.

Now, to defer from the facts that have been stated you have tried to turn this into something you can play into a negative about me personally.  You are right NOBODY cares about ME, keep on track.  But you can't, because you, like most piggie fans, know that in the national scope of things Ark is irrelevant now, and has been since the 60's and 70's.  Your team is picked 3rd (again) in the D I V I S I O N, that means NO conference championship (again) and no shot at a national championship (again).  There is just too many good teams in the SEC for a program like Ark to consistently win.  You should have kept playing with the corrupt Texas boys if you wanted any shot at glory.  Go to the B12 and play second fiddle to OU and a couple Texas schools, you are used to that.  Come to the B10 and get a continuous taste of what the Sugar Bowl was like.  As long as Ark is in the SEC they will always be 1 or 6 that haven't won a ccg.

Wahls

You make every thread an Arkansas vs. Nebraska thread. You got called and check raised, now you're making it into an Arkansas vs. SEC thread. Don't start telling people to stay on track when you've done little of the sort.

Smithian

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on July 12, 2011, 03:43:39 pm
You make every thread an Arkansas vs. Nebraska thread. You got called and check raised, now you're making it into an Arkansas vs. SEC thread. Don't start telling people to stay on track when you've done little of the sort.
Dude, you do realize BUGEATERS played freshman football at Nebraska, right?

What could you possibly know about college sports? You never were a college football player, you bum!

Wahls

Sorry, I just saw this.

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 12, 2011, 03:30:50 pmand play second fiddle to OU and a couple Texas schools, you are used to that.

Are you kidding me? ARKANSAS plays second fiddle to OU and Texas?

ahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahah

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Wahls

July 12, 2011, 03:57:37 pm #595 Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:30:44 pm by Showband of Arkansas
Quote from: Smithian on July 12, 2011, 03:46:54 pm
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on July 12, 2011, 03:43:39 pm
Dude, you do realize BUGEATERS played freshman football at Nebraska, right?

What could you possibly know about college sports? You never were a college football player, you bum!

I am a complete peon in the grand scheme of football knowledge, admittedly.

But seriously, the possibility of Arkansas hypothetically being second fiddle to Oklahoma and Texas while pimping Nebraska is just... wow.

EDIT - Bo Mattingly just tweeted this. How ironic/fitting. http://twitter.com/#!/SportsTalkwBo/statuses/90901417111453696

powerlifter90

IF..........Ark was in the B12 South they would be getting it handed to them year in, year out, by OU and UT just like they do by the big boys in the SEC west..    deal with it, you are NOT on the upper echelon in college football and wouldn't be in ANY of the AQ conferences. 

The Snowman

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 12, 2011, 08:01:04 pm
IF..........Ark was in the B12 South they would be getting it handed to them year in, year out, by OU and UT just like they do by the big boys in the SEC west..    deal with it, you are NOT on the upper echelon in college football and wouldn't be in ANY of the AQ conferences. 
same could be said for nu if they were in the sec west..fourth at best last yr with a strong possibility of fifth.  You realize 3rd in the west is still top 10 to 15 in the country.

powerlifter90

Quote from: The Snowman on July 12, 2011, 09:35:51 pm
Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 12, 2011, 08:01:04 pm
same could be said for nu if they were in the sec west..fourth at best last yr with a strong possibility of fifth.  You realize 3rd in the west is still top 10 to 15 in the country.

so is 3rd in the B12 south.......... most seasons

If Ark was in he B12, they would be in the South, not the North, even if they were in the North 06 and 10 (maybe) are the only seasons they would have won the division.  In 06 they MIGHT have won the conf, depending on how the schedule line up 10 is a maybe.  Face it, until Ark learned how to run the ball last season they sucked.  Chances are depending on when they played who they could have been eliminated from either division before the running game kicked in.  Heck at the end of the season aTm was one of the top 2 best teams in the conf, that because they changed QB's.  At the beginning of conf, NU was one of the best, Martinez gets banged up and they go from 40+ a game to 23.  To be a conf or even a division champion you have to win throughout the season, not just part of it. 

Again I ask a question, in what years since joining the SEC could Ark have won the OTHER division?  I ask this because here recently the West is the toughest division and hog fans seem to think that 3rd is "ok" in that division, but think they are nc contenders despite it.  Ok, if that division is sooooo tough how (IYHO) would you do in the other.  We already know you'd dominate any other division in any other conf.

RD™

This thread is done.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas