• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is everyone?

Started by amehr36, December 08, 2018, 12:09:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

amehr36

So daddy shows up and everyone goes quiet???

IdaLions

daddy has the championship belt again.... daddy scary....😂

Bearden_Bear72

Partsman

Being respectful. There is probably room for more to join them.

amehr36

Yeah. Flash in the pans (or is it flashes in the pan?) usually don't stick around after they scream bravado all week then get proven wrong.

CaptainSwarm25

Still here. Knew JCs line was good. Didn't know they were that good. Difference in the ballgame. Congrats. Now move back up to 3A so the good guys can win one.

POWERCAT PRIDE

OK I am going to probably tick some fans off by saying this, but I didn't see very much "in game" coaching by either team last night. Maybe that's not important in 2A. Just out talent them. Looks like both teams ran a Techmo Bowl playbook. Keys to the game were JC went tempo and that big offensive line just wore down Hazen on defense.  And Hazen couldn't wrap up a tackling dummy in a phone booth last night, plus the dropped pass on 3rd down switched momentum.  If they had thrown more in the beginning, they would have beaten JC. Just my .02

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on December 08, 2018, 10:27:21 am
OK I am going to probably tick some fans off by saying this, but I didn't see very much "in game" coaching by either team last night. Maybe that's not important in 2A. Just out talent them. Looks like both teams ran a Techmo Bowl playbook. Keys to the game were JC went tempo and that big offensive line just wore down Hazen on defense.  And Hazen couldn't wrap up a tackling dummy in a phone booth last night, plus the dropped pass on 3rd down switched momentum.  If they had thrown more in the beginning, they would have beaten JC. Just my .02

oh you done went and done it now. I mean the only reason j.c. won was because of coaching, if you don't believe me, just wait, their loving comments are coming. ::)

amehr36

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 08, 2018, 10:36:22 am

oh you done went and done it now. I mean the only reason j.c. won was because of coaching, if you don't believe me, just wait, their loving comments are coming. ::)

Coaching is year round. One day maybe any des arc coach can pull one out against us...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

December 08, 2018, 10:40:34 am #9 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:42:25 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: amehr36 on December 08, 2018, 10:37:50 am
Coaching is year round. One day maybe any des arc coach can pull one out against us...

one can only dream to be as good as the dragons. lol

im pretty sure if we had 36 players with athletes like yall, and your coaches had our players, the results would be in our favor.

Old Scrapper

Hey no one can dispute this! After playing Hazen last night JC is now playing basketball 🙊🙉🙈

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 08, 2018, 10:43:42 am
Hey no one can dispute this! After playing Hazen last night JC is now playing basketball 🙊🙉🙈

no, no, no, half of them have a bowl game to play in....  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Old Scrapper

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 08, 2018, 10:44:39 am

oh 💩 I forgot about that

Trojanbird

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on December 08, 2018, 10:15:14 am
Still here. Knew JCs line was good. Didn't know they were that good. Difference in the ballgame. Congrats. Now move back up to 3A so the good guys can win one.
Who are the good guys?

cav2012

December 08, 2018, 10:52:35 am #14 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:57:38 am by cav2012
Quote from: Trojanbird on December 08, 2018, 10:49:00 am
Who are the good guys?
hahahahahahahaha, your love for hazen is crazy. Stuttgart based? So the hate comes from knowing a 2a school would beat y'all?

AirWarren

An assessment from someone neutral.

I've watched the 5a, 6a, and 7a games prior to watching the the 2a game last night.

There are huge discrepancies in talent across the field and sideline from 2a to 5/6/7a. Now, admittedly the only 2a game I've watched in my lifetime was the 2016 title game due to lack of interest/no skin in the game. But last night, I saw a lot of poor form football on both sides of the field and play calling that was very basic. Lots of go routes, sweeps, and  between the tackles runs. I truly see when players are questioned about D1 ability when playing in the lowest classification.

What JC has done at the 2a level is remarkable. But slowly I'm starting to see that there isn't much more in the 2a to give them a run. Hazen was gassed after the second half due to no depth. Their QB was a DL and #21 looked uninterested after getting a few big hits on him. Head down and what not. Just no a lot of explosion.

Congrats to both teams. It's always fun to play in December.

MDXPHD

Quote from: AirWarren on December 08, 2018, 11:09:26 am

I've watched the 5a, 6a, and 7a games prior to watching the the 2a game last night.

There are huge discrepancies in talent across the field and sideline from 2a to 5/6/7a. Now, admittedly the only 2a game I've watched in my lifetime was the 2016 title game due to lack of interest/no skin in the game. But last night, I saw a lot of poor form football on both sides of the field and play calling that was very basic. Lots of go routes, sweeps, and  between the tackles runs. I truly see when players are questioned about D1 ability when playing in the lowest classification.

What JC has done at the 2a level is remarkable. But slowly I'm starting to see that there isn't much more in the 2a to give them a run. Hazen was gassed after the second half due to no depth. Their QB was a DL and #21 looked uninterested after getting a few big hits on him. Head down and what not. Just no a lot of explosion.

I was thinking the Same on basically all of your points. Glad you worded it well and I'll just second your thoughts lol

cuz

Well we are starting BBall.....😉
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 08, 2018, 10:44:39 am

Just those committed to Louisiana Tech....😂

AirWarren

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 08, 2018, 11:13:40 am
I was thinking the Same on basically all of your points. Glad you worded it well and I'll just second your thoughts lol

Lol. We are on the same brain wave I think.

cuz

Nice Post +1

Dragon I

2A Ball is a totally different world.  It shouldn't be difficult to understand why.  I've already said Hazen had the talent to win, they lacked coaching.  From the offense the choose to run to their overall game plan, to conditioning.  That's all on the coaches.  It is what it is.  Put Penn and that Monster at QB in Jones offense............It would be impossible to stop at the 2A level.

Trojanbird

Well said AW!  Most just don't understand the talent level in the higher classifacations!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on December 08, 2018, 11:21:45 am
2A Ball is a totally different world.  It shouldn't be difficult to understand why.  I've already said Hazen had the talent to win, they lacked coaching.  From the offense the choose to run to their overall game plan, to conditioning.  That's all on the coaches.  It is what it is.  Put Penn and that Monster at QB in Jones offense............It would be impossible to stop at the 2A level.

I mean if its so much of lack of coaching, how did they beat the brakes off Hampton, who most all the j.c. folks said would win? same coaches

Dragon I

Hazen had the talent.  They had it last night.  It was obvious to everyone.  The kids are limited to running the play called.  Running at 9 man boxes won't work unless you're clearly superior.  I'd be interested in seeing these post where Dragon posters said Hampton would win.  I don't recall seeing any other the regulars saying that.

paraloma

For the win.

bleudog

December 08, 2018, 12:22:27 pm #25 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 12:25:23 pm by bleudog
JC (John Curtis) game kicked off at noon on Cox Sports.

The Osceola Cinnamon Rolls game kicked off at noon on AETN

who-knew

Quote from: Dragon I on December 08, 2018, 11:35:55 am
Hazen had the talent.  They had it last night.  It was obvious to everyone.  The kids are limited to running the play called.  Running at 9 man boxes won't work unless you're clearly superior.  I'd be interested in seeing these post where Dragon posters said Hampton would win.  I don't recall seeing any other the regulars saying that.
I agree Hazen had the talent but you have to have some sort of a passing game when your against a team equally to you and they load 9 in the box

Hasbeen92

As many kids as they have they were playing basketball 4 weeks ago

Hasbeen92

Not a lot of pay in 2a football and like most things you get what you pay for

Hawgpilot

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 08, 2018, 11:30:15 am
I mean if its so much of lack of coaching, how did they beat the brakes off Hampton, who most all the j.c. folks said would win? same coaches

I believe he answered that.  The question NOT answered is why Hazen, with arguably as much talent as anyone in 2A at least their starting 11, would run such a simple offense.    Simple to run and simple to defend, as demonstrated Friday night by an equally talented team.

Hawgpilot

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Bearden_Bear72

I was surprised Hazen didn't try to throw more.  From what I saw qb had a pretty good arm and had athletes to run routes and catch.  I think the coach just underestimated JC talent compared to his teams and thought he didn't need it?  Surely that's not the reason but hazen could've been so much more dangerous with a passing game. 

thabeast428

Yea figured he would bc the qb had a heck of arm from what I saw on the couple passes he threw

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Hawgpilot on December 09, 2018, 11:51:14 am
I believe he answered that.  The question NOT answered is why Hazen, with arguably as much talent as anyone in 2A at least their starting 11, would run such a simple offense.    Simple to run and simple to defend, as demonstrated Friday night by an equally talented team.
I'm not defending the Hazen coaches but Barton won a lot of games with a simple offense (that was fun with perfection) and outstanding defense

Dragon I

Not saying it can't still be done, but the football world has changed a lot since Franks run ended.  With the right talent, you most definitely can.  Even talent, someone is going to have to open the playbook.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Dragon I on December 09, 2018, 11:39:32 pm
Not saying it can't still be done, but the football world has changed a lot since Franks run ended.  With the right talent, you most definitely can.  Even talent, someone is going to have to open the playbook.
Execution played a big role in what Barton did

Dragon I

The same thing can be said for JC in the bone or for Hazen all year.  Bartons 03 team was extremely athletic and had great execution all season.  JC was superior on the lines and you see what happened.  A simple pound it fundamental offense can and does work.  It is just easier to defend when the talent levels are even.

i40traveler

How many passes did the 3A champs throw? 3A has to have a lot more sophisticated offense than 2A right?

Dragon I

Comprehension not really your thing, huh?

Sugeknight

December 10, 2018, 11:45:45 am #40 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 02:28:35 pm by Sugeknight
It's safe to say that the AAA has failed 2A Football by knowingly allowing a higher classification to play in a smaller pool because they cried, whinned and complained. Now they are here bragging about beating schools that they are obviously larger than and apparently someone at the AAA gets a kick out of all of this because nobody will do their Job. The sad part is that most of real 2A Teams are playing Ironman Football with their best kids never leaving the field and here's a town with a population of 700 people but year in and year out they muster a 45-50 team roster. I guess I was going to keep my mouth shut like everyone else but this tread is classless because Junction City can't even cheat and win in Class 2A, that's why they cried to get out of 3A with teams their actual size, this is disgusting. Congratulations to the Hazen Hornets, your the real 2A Champion in my book! JC Team, Fans and the AAA can go eat Dragon Crap for all I care.

Dragon I

:'(

Yes!  More delicious tears!

bleudog

Quote from: i40traveler on December 10, 2018, 10:27:55 am
How many passes did the 3A champs throw? 3A has to have a lot more sophisticated offense than 2A right?

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ODN/ArDemocrat/shared/ShowArticle.aspx?doc=ARDEMOCRAT%2F2018%2F12%2F09&entity=Ar03600&sk=5A1F8C4C&mode=text

Partsman

Quote from: i40traveler on December 10, 2018, 10:27:55 am
That wasn't obvious in the 3A final game this year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Partsman on December 10, 2018, 12:43:44 pm
That wasn't obvious in the 3A final game this year.

I guess I'm confused as to why some think that you have to pass the ball to have a "sophisticated" offense.

bleudog

December 10, 2018, 01:26:22 pm #45 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 01:49:15 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Sugeknight on December 10, 2018, 11:45:45 am
It's safe to say that the AAA has failed 2A Football by knowingly allowing a higher classification to play in a smaller pool because they cried, winned and complained. Now they are here bragging about beating schools that they are obviously larger than and apparently someone at the AAA gets a kick out of all of this because nobody will do their Job. The sad part is that most of real 2A Teams are playing Ironman Football with their best kids never leaving the field and here's a town with a population of 700 people but year in and year out they muster a 45-50 team roster. I guess I was going to keep my mouth shut like everyone else but this tread is classless because Junction City can't even cheat and win in Class 2A, that's why they cried to get out of 3A with teams their actual size, this is disgusting. Congratulations to the Hazen Hornets, your the real 2A Champion in my book! JC Team, Fans and the AAA can go eat Dragon Crap for all I care.

189.33 LEE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL 2A
187.67 HAAS HALL ACADEMY - FAYETTE 2A
183.67 MARMADUKE HIGH SCHOOL 2A
182.33 PANGBURN HIGH SCHOOL 2A
181.33 LAVACA HIGH SCHOOL 2A
180.67 ENGLAND HIGH SCHOOL 2A
179.33 SALEM HIGH SCHOOL 2A
178.67 PARKERS CHAPEL HIGH SCHOOL 2A
178.00 ARKANSAS ARTS ACADEMY 2A
176.33 BUFFALO ISLAND CENTRAL HIGH 2A
175.33 EAST POINSETT CO HIGH SCHOOL 2A
174.00 GURDON HIGH SCHOOL 2A
173.33 JUNCTION CITY HIGH SCHOOL 2A
173.00 FORDYCE HIGH SCHOOL 2A
172.00 FLIPPIN HIGH SCHOOL 2A
171.33 MAGNET COVE HIGH SCHOOL 2A
169.00 MOUNTAINBURG HIGH SCHOOL 2A
168.00 QUITMAN HIGH SCHOOL 2A
166.33 WHITE CO CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL 2A
165.67 CARLISLE HIGH SCHOOL 2A
162.33 EARLE HIGH SCHOOL 2A
156.00 HACKETT HIGH SCHOOL 2A
154.33 HAZEN HIGH SCHOOL 2A

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/2018-2020Classication.pdf

JC           9      10     11         
14-15    58     66     52     176       
15-16    65     52     61     178       
16-17    50     62     54     166          
                                    520    /3    173.33

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=25&search=junction%20city%20high%20school&pagesize=10

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=26&search=junction%20city%20high%20school&pagesize=10

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=27&search=junction%20city%20high%20school&pagesize=10

Hazen      9     10     11         
14-15    47     51     51     149       
15-16    50     52     51     153       
16-17    57     53     51     161         
                                    463    /3    154.33

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=25&search=hazen&pagesize=10

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=26&search=hazen&pagesize=10

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=27&search=hazen&pagesize=10

2018-2019       9    10    11    12
Junction         55    54    51    53    213
Hazen            43    33    55    43    174

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=29&search=junction&pagesize=10

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=29&search=hazen&pagesize=10

So assuming a 50/50 male/female ratio, this school year JC has about 20 more boys in the 9th thru 12th grades than Hazen.  If Hazen's participation rate were the same as JC's, Hazen would be expected to field a post season roster of about 42.  (52 / 213 X 174)

(and why are there so few kids in the 10th grade at Hazen?)

cav2012

Well bleu, hazen has 33 in 10th grade for the same reason they have 55 in 11 and 43 in 10th. I highly expect that to grow with the football success.

Never heard of the top 4 2a schools

Rida4Life

Quote from: Sugeknight on December 10, 2018, 11:45:45 am
It's safe to say that the AAA has failed 2A Football by knowingly allowing a higher classification to play in a smaller pool because they cried, winned and complained. Now they are here bragging about beating schools that they are obviously larger than and apparently someone at the AAA gets a kick out of all of this because nobody will do their Job. The sad part is that most of real 2A Teams are playing Ironman Football with their best kids never leaving the field and here's a town with a population of 700 people but year in and year out they muster a 45-50 team roster. I guess I was going to keep my mouth shut like everyone else but this tread is classless because Junction City can't even cheat and win in Class 2A, that's why they cried to get out of 3A with teams their actual size, this is disgusting. Congratulations to the Hazen Hornets, your the real 2A Champion in my book! JC Team, Fans and the AAA can go eat Dragon Crap for all I care.

ouch......
I would like to see exactly how a school can supposedly be that "small" but have 60 on their roster...year in and year out. 
I guess JC is the only place in America where EVERY male in the school is an athlete.
assuming 173 is their legit number
grades 9-12 would have @ 43 students per class.... assuming a 50/50 boy girl split you have lets say 21 or 22 boys.
a roster of 60 would equate to 15 per grade.....so you are telling me that 6-7 boys per class don't play football at JC.
that's impressive......
bet those dudes get picked on EVERY day....

Rida4Life

and don't get me wrong... I'm not accusing anyone of cheating... just saying those numbers are impressive.

bleudog

December 10, 2018, 02:36:27 pm #49 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 03:11:36 pm by bleudog
Quote from: cav2012 on December 10, 2018, 01:58:16 pm
Well bleu, hazen has 33 in 10th grade for the same reason they have 55 in 11 and 43 in 10th. I highly expect that to grow with the football success.

Never heard of the top 4 2a schools

That small of a class might be a leadership challenge when they're seniors.

I think Lee is Marianna but I'm not familiar with that part of the state. 

Some of the larger 2A schools don't play football.  The link shows which ones do and don't have a football team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas