• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Championship Junction City Vs Hazen

Started by Monsta, December 01, 2018, 08:33:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will be crowned the best in 2A

Hazen Hornets
81 (57%)
Junction City Dragons
61 (43%)

Total Members Voted: 142

Voting closed: December 06, 2018, 09:26:22 pm

hornetfan8

We can sit here and talk till We're blue in the face about common opponents and SOS. The fact of the matter is it won't matter come game time. I think the team that executes and plays the most clean game wins.

who-knew

couch-coach06

Quote from: Dragon I on December 02, 2018, 01:37:13 pm
Hazen won't hold JC below 24.  They may win, but it will be a different game than they are accustomed to playing this season.  It will take at least 30 or so to win.

Agree

dragondad

Quote from: Hornet68 on December 02, 2018, 03:04:33 pm
The DA team we played and the DA  team y'all played are different animals though too. Hazen was still finding their footing at the time but now appears to be firing on all cylinders. Gonna take hazen in a barn burner #rollswarm

So you're saying DA was worse when we played them late in season, vs when yall played them?

By the way,   JCs opponent avg win/loss : 7-4

JCs 13 opponents played 147 games total..... Hazens 13 opponents played 141 games total.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dragondad on December 02, 2018, 03:37:02 pm

So you're saying DA was worse when we played them late in season, vs when yall played them?

By the way,   JCs opponent avg win/loss : 7-4

JCs 13 opponents played 147 games total..... Hazens 13 opponents played 141 games total.

We didnt turn the ball over 5 or 6 times at hazen. We had all but one player healthy. Yes j.c. beat us.

Here is something that just hit me, the 08 j.c. des arc game. Stats looked the same then as now, low scoring defense and high octane offense. And that game was 10-8. This game looks like that to me.

Old Scrapper

Y'all tickle me with this same stuff every week. It doesn't matter who you beat or how you get there, just show case your stuff once you get there.

couch-coach06

Quote from: who-knew on December 02, 2018, 03:31:36 pm
Does JC run, throw or both?

Balanced offense not alot of balls down field a ton of bubble and tunnel screens

dragondad

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 02, 2018, 03:42:17 pm
Y'all tickle me with this same stuff every week. It doesn't matter who you beat or how you get there, just show case your stuff once you get there.

Got to talk about something the next 6 days,  comparing stats and such is a pretty common way to compare teams.  Does it win the game? NO.... but for two teams that havent played, it's all there is. 

who-knew

Quote from: dragondad on December 02, 2018, 03:52:05 pm
Got to talk about something the next 6 days,  comparing stats and such is a pretty common way to compare teams.  Does it win the game? NO.... but for two teams that havent played, it's all there is.
The best stat I can give you is Friday night one team will go home number one and the other will be number 2. Both coaches will have their teams ready to play and it should be a great game

THA TRUTH

It will come down to what game plan Smith is gonna have Defensively.... prolly gonna see some kids that played somewhat limited rolls on D have more extended time on that side of the ball... Jc offensively has a lot more plays in their bag they haven't had to show in the playoffs so I'd expect something special come Friday.... Hazen will be  the 2nd best team JC has faced all year while JC will be the best they will have faced but all that means nothing with only one game left to win it all

dragondad

Quote from: who-knew on December 02, 2018, 03:59:58 pm
The best stat I can give you is Friday night one team will go home number one and the other will be number 2. Both coaches will have their teams ready to play and it should be a great game

No doubt, it should be a great game.

Coach95

Quote from: CHG Hornet on December 01, 2018, 08:44:25 pm
I think Hazen is gonna get their revenge next weekend.
Sir, you said over a year ago these Hornets would make a deep run this year, you were very correct..appreciate the support

couch-coach06

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 02, 2018, 04:35:05 pm
It will come down to what game plan Smith is gonna have Defensively.... prolly gonna see some kids that played somewhat limited rolls on D have more extended time on that side of the ball... Jc offensively has a lot more plays in their bag they haven't had to show in the playoffs so I'd expect something special come Friday.... Hazen will be  the 2nd best team JC has faced all year while JC will be the best they will have faced but all that means nothing with only one game left to win it all

Ehh hazen may be the 3rd best team j.c. has faced Smackover was no joke and of course haynsville

bear for life

Both teams have very physical run games I would usually say jc will win but Hazen has shown me they have the fire power i think Jones choke again in finals Hazen wins

amehr36

For what it's worth, any time someone from another team makes declarative statements I sit back and think they don't truly know. They are basing everything on emotion. They aren't used to this like us JC folk are. We should give them a little break. Ha.

OLionSwag74

thabeast428

whoknows

Old Scrapper

OLionSwag74

bleudog

Quote from: hornetfan8 on December 02, 2018, 03:28:32 pm
We can sit here and talk till We're blue in the face about common opponents and SOS. The fact of the matter is it won't matter come game time. I think the team that executes and plays the most clean game wins.

hornetfan8

CatPride

Quote from: Dragon I on December 01, 2018, 10:31:46 pm
I've never understood this saying.  You know every kid that steps on that field next week wants to win.  Sometimes, no matter how bad you want something, the ball doesn't bounce your way.  Sometimes, no matter how bad you want to win, the other team is just that much more talented or better coached.  One lucky bounce on a punt or KO, or any fluke play could be the difference next week.  That doesn't mean any team wanted it any more or less.  Not at this point in the season.
My thoughts exactly

HG Hornet

Quote from: Coach95 on December 02, 2018, 04:53:51 pm
Sir, you said over a year ago these Hornets would make a deep run this year, you were very correct..appreciate the support
No problem.  I just knew what we saw last year when our older senior led Hornets beat your young Hornets in round 3.  Neither of us could have beat Mt. Ida last year, but they graduated a lot of seniors too and now y'all beat 'em.  Another year has made your guys stronger and better than last year.

Junction City is very good, make no mistake, but our speed put 50 points on them in week 1.  I figure the purple Hornets will be able to score on them and the defense win it, but don't take the Dragons lightly.  Good luck, I may just drive north and see this one in person.  If you see a CHG Hornet there, it's probably me.

Dragon I

You do realize that nothing about JC's D is the same as it was week one, right?  From the coordinator down, it is completely different.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Dragon I on December 02, 2018, 08:18:00 pm
You do realize that nothing about JC's D is the same as it was week one, right?  From the coordinator down, it is completely different.
Actually, no, I didn't really keep up with your guys other than watching the scores each week.  I said to someone after our game with you, if y'all give up 50 points per game, there'll be no championship game this year......and here you are playing in it again.  After losing to Smackover, you guys got it together.....and getting your RB #10 back helped too!  I'm glad the young man wasn't seriously hurt in our game with you; I don't think you would be where you are without him.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: CHG Hornet on December 02, 2018, 08:12:14 pm

Junction City is very good, make no mistake, but our speed put 50 points on them in week 1.  I figure the purple Hornets will be able to score on them and the defense win it, but don't take the Dragons lightly.  Good luck, I may just drive north and see this one in person.  If you see a CHG Hornet there, it's probably me.

Wouldn't put a lot of stock in week 1.  Hazen won their first game 26-20 over a four win CC team that lost by 40+ in round one of the playoffs.

bleudog

December 02, 2018, 08:35:00 pm #127 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 08:52:07 pm by bleudog
For any who didn't see it in other threads, all championship games will be (or have already been) broadcast live on AETN.

The JC livestream will be audio only and can also be heard on El Dorado radio station 101.5.  The audio with video will be broadcast on a delayed basis. (the AAA live video broadcast fee is pretty steep)

If you're in WMS, 103.7 out of Little Rock should be live with a game broadcast.

hornetfan8

Quote from: bleudog on December 02, 2018, 08:35:00 pm
For any who didn't see it in other threads, all championship games will be (or have already been) broadcast live on AETN.

The JC livestream will be audio only and can also be heard on El Dorado radio station 101.5.  The audio with video will be broadcast on a delayed basis. (the AAA live video broadcast fee is pretty steep)

If you're in WMS, 103.7 out of Little Rock should be live with a game broadcast.
Thanks for the info!!

CaptainSwarm25

How does this team compare to the last JC 2A team? That's the only team I've seen in person so what comparison do they draw to them?

bleudog

December 02, 2018, 09:37:54 pm #130 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 09:52:49 pm by bleudog
Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on December 02, 2018, 09:29:27 pm
How does this team compare to the last JC 2A team? That's the only team I've seen in person so what comparison do they draw to them?

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2017] Junction City (AR) 40, [2018] Junction City (AR) 28

Last year's team was a 2A sized team assigned to 3A.  They had a grip it and rip it mentality and the athletes to get away with it.
This year's team is more disciplined, has a better defense and almost as many athletes.

If your talking 2016:

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2018] Junction City (AR) 28, [2016] Junction City (AR) 21

Completely different styles.

cav2012

Trojanbird

Hasbeen92

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on December 02, 2018, 09:29:27 pm
The junction team from 14 may have been the best A/AA team ever this year's team I'm sure is good but not on that level

Fence Jockey

Looks like there might be a 3rd team on the field Friday night, Old Man Winters team. 90% chance of a winter mix and low of 33 forecasted.

bleudog

December 02, 2018, 10:04:58 pm #135 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 10:10:50 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Hasbeen92 on December 02, 2018, 09:53:02 pm
The junction team from 14 may have been the best A/AA team ever this year's team I'm sure is good but not on that level

I'd go with 2003 (Maybe 1999 even with the loss to U$C)

Quote from: bleudog on November 30, 2018, 11:35:37 am
These are from the year Carpenter's system "kicked in" before LaLaLand started keeping up with non-California teams.

1998   10   1   2A Second Round   Carpenter
1999   11   1   2A Quarter Finalist   Carpenter
2000   10   2   2A Second Round   Carpenter
2001   11   3   2A Semi Finalist   Carpenter
2002   12   2   2A Semi Finalist   Carpenter
   54   9   85.7%   

These are from the point where LaLaLand recognized the 49 other states

2003   15   0    59.80    2A State Champion   Carpenter
2004     9   3    27.10    2A Semi Finalist   Carpenter
2005     9   4    27.80    2A Semi Finalist   Carpenter
2006   11   2    26.90    2A State Runner-up   Carpenter
2007   10   2    23.20    2A Quarter Finalist   Carpenter
2008   13   0    37.60    2A State Champion   Carpenter
2009   13   1    40.80    2A State Champion   Carpenter
2010     8   4      8.90    2A Second Round   Carpenter
2011     9   2    29.90    2A Semi Finalist   Carpenter
2012   14   1    41.10    2A State Champion   Carpenter
2013   13   0    37.40    2A State Champion   Carpenter
2014   13   0    41.50    2A State Champion   Carpenter
2015     7   3    (0.04)   2A Second Round   Carpenter
2016     8   4      6.10    3A Second Round   Carpenter
2017   13   1    32.40    3A State Runner-up   Jones
   165   27   85.9%   

It would be interesting to see what the '99 team's Calpreps power rating would have been.

amehr36

'03 and '99 are 1 and 2 and I couldn't tell ya what order. 3rd would be '14 I'd say.

bleudog

Quote from: Fence Jockey on December 02, 2018, 10:01:38 pm
Looks like there might be a 3rd team on the field Friday night, Old Man Winters team. 90% chance of a winter mix and low of 33 forecasted.

Sounds like one of the Bearden WMS games.

cuz

Quote from: amehr36 on December 02, 2018, 10:09:16 pm
'03 and '99 are 1 and 2 and I couldn't tell ya what order. 3rd would be '14 I'd say.
I agree completely but there was one team 08-09 that set the school record for least amount points scored, 13 reg. Season and I think 45 overall...

THA TRUTH

08 gets no love and we could actually defend the pass but haters gonna hate

Hasbeen92

Didn't see 99 team but saw 03 and 14 was better especially on offense I my opinion

Dragon I

THA TRUTH

Can't help we didn't get to play sparkman and Eudora twice... not to mention two less games

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 02, 2018, 10:22:13 pm

08 gets no love and we could actually defend the pass but haters gonna hate

That 08 team was solid I thought. And the way the 13 team played in the title game, I'm not sure any team could have beat them that particular night.

Dragon I

That was to the guy that said 14 was better on offense.  Calm down, Francis.  No one trashing 08.

Dragon I

And what has happened to this thread?!  Lol!  We are still playing Hazen Friday, right?!

THA TRUTH

December 02, 2018, 10:55:18 pm #146 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 11:00:01 pm by THA TRUTH
How am I supposed to know that???? Sorry I'm used hearing that type of noise from u..... by the way child support was due last week that makes three months in a row and my lady ain't happy

Monsta

Dragon I

Lol!  Had to use that money to pay the water bill!  Old man that runs the system round here is trying to retire off of me!

THA TRUTH

Good one to pick out since u got a good cushiony office job now......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas