• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3 District at Harrisburg 2/12-2/17

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, February 03, 2018, 08:55:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedWolf275

J12

23-14 1:10 to go in the 1st Westside up. One international foul already for Brookland. Cheap shot on Felts. Kind of like it was predicted.  Brookland might play well but they show their rears every time they play Westside.

LRRandy

J12

2nd intentional foul on Avery Felts by Brookalnd

TheSpecial

8 on 5...My emotions would show as well.

J12

51-25 Westside taking it to Brookland again.

J12

J12

73-28 Westside over Brookland in the 3rd. 3 intentional fouls on Avery. Obviously the game plan tonight.  Really bad look for the Bearcats. It's not the way the game is supposed to be played.

Warriors third time to mercy rule them this year.

TheSpecial

February 17, 2018, 08:43:53 pm #58 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 08:45:48 pm by TheSpecial
Quote from: TheSpecial on February 17, 2018, 07:56:32 pm
8 on 5...Againt the best shooting team in the stateMy emotions would show as well.
Congrats to Westside, they'll impress you in every way possible. If you get a chance to watch them in regionals or state, I would recommend it. Extremely entertaining.

J12

I'll leave it at this - Brookland was outclassed from the coaches to players.  The game of basketball should never be played the way it was tonight. 4 intentional fouls against Brookland in 3 quarters. The refs finally warned the coaches if there was another,the player would be ejected.

Coach Whitmire took his starters out midway through the third, thank goodness.  Both teams have the privelleage of playing in the regional tournament. I hope brookalnd doesn't play the way they did tonight, it would be a terrible reflection on their behalf and the 3-4A conference.

TheSpecial

Quote from: J12 on February 17, 2018, 09:04:44 pm
I'll leave it at this - Brookland was outclassed from the coaches to players.  The game of basketball should never be played the way it was tonight. 4 intentional fouls against Brookland in 3 quarters. The refs finally warned the coaches if there was another,the player would be ejected.

Coach Whitmire took his starters out midway through the third, thank goodness.  Both teams have the privelleage of playing in the regional tournament. I hope brookalnd doesn't play the way they did tonight, it would be a terrible reflection on their behalf and the 3-4A conference.
+1 Westside may have to beat Brookland for a 4th time in Lonoke

J12

I think Westside would look forward to if that scenario were to play out.

ArkansasSportsFan

Nah, no reffing excuses. Westside is just a solid team.

J12

Brookland is a good team when they play the right way, but they've been out of the game by the end of the 1st quarter in all 3 games they've played them this year.

Hatchet

you are going to have to explain your quote here. I was there and by no means where the officials biased for Westside. The first flagrant the kid should have been kicked out of the game.  It looked like Brooklands game plan was trying to hurt the Felts kid. To me that is just wrong. I mean there are hard fouls and then there are fouls where you try to take out your opponent.

J12

You have to take a hard look at the coaches when games like tonight happen. It was 3 different kids who got intentional fouls.

Coach Gross is the head coach, but I don't remember Brookland playing this way until Bill Taylor found his way to the sideline over there. 

Remember - Bill Taylor mouthed Avery Felts during another mercy ruled game earlier this year against Westside. Not hard to figure it out.

I'd like to know if any Brookland fans on here condone what happened tonight.

TheSpecial

Quote from: Hatchet on February 17, 2018, 09:38:35 pm
you are going to have to explain your quote here. I was there and by no means where the officials biased for Westside. The first flagrant the kid should have been kicked out of the game.  It looked like Brooklands game plan was trying to hurt the Felts kid. To me that is just wrong. I mean there are hard fouls and then there are fouls where you try to take out your opponent.
Flagrants were all good calls, they weren't basketball plays. It was the tickey tack fouls called against Brookland that were being called. They're already playing one of the best teams in the state, let them play. Multiples times they would drive in and barely be touched and it would be an And-1. Didn't ever seem to happen on the other end, maybe you saw it differently. This is all in the first quarter by the way, the rest of the game, didn't really matter if brookland fouled or not, Warriors are going to score.

TheSpecial

Quote from: J12 on February 17, 2018, 09:24:47 pm
I think Westside would look forward to if that scenario were to play out.
Me too

Donnie Jamon

Sorry I'm a Brookland fan and have a kid playing. That was the biggest sh** show I have seen in a long time. I feel bad for Felts and I have grown to hate Westside which is good in a rivalry game. I'm from Epc so I know about rivalries and hard games with MTree. Brookland didn't come to play basketball. They came to fight. My kid wasn't one that showed his tail bc I would have yanked his tail off the court. As for Felts. Don't let it bother you. It was dirty and I apologise to the fans but I can't do anything about the other kids. Just my own. Gross should be ashamed.

J12

I'd encourage anyone to go to soncom media on facebook and watch a replay of the game. You be the judge of how bad it was.

Such a bad look.

Bbal789

February 17, 2018, 10:49:04 pm #70 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:35:01 pm by Bbal789
 I figured a third time would have helped Brookland figure Jonesboro Westside out but instead Jonesboro Westside beats them by 45 points.

Donnie Jamon

U can't let Westside shoot 3s all night. Guess Bobby thinks they can't shoot or something. 3rd game they had made 12 or more 3s. One day he may figure that out.

Livewire

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 17, 2018, 10:29:29 pm
Sorry I'm a Brookland fan and have a kid playing. That was the biggest sh** show I have seen in a long time. I feel bad for Felts and I have grown to hate Westside which is good in a rivalry game. I'm from Epc so I know about rivalries and hard games with MTree. Brookland didn't come to play basketball. They came to fight. My kid wasn't one that showed his tail bc I would have yanked his tail off the court. As for Felts. Don't let it bother you. It was dirty and I apologise to the fans but I can't do anything about the other kids. Just my own. Gross should be ashamed.

True, Gross should be ashamed. The Brookland administration should be ashamed for allowing him to encourage and promote his players to behave in such a manner. If a student hits another student during school what happens?...Suspension, expulsion, transferred to Success school, criminal charges?
And this type of behavior has happened in the last two games between Brookland and Westside! I can't believe the parents of Brookland players condone Bobby Gross' attitude!

J12

I'm sorry. I don't mean to rail on Brookland, but you had one team playing for a district championship and one playing to injur the other team. IMO the coaches should be reprimanded.

Ridgehog

Seems I remember a father walking across the football field, a few years ago, because rumors of Westside trying to hurt his son by cheap shots to his sons knees. 

Livewire

REALLY! You are are going to use that as a defense for Brookland's actions?
A "rumor" from a "a few years ago" dealing with football?!

We aren't dealing with rumors here. Anyone can go to Soncom and watch the game and see that the intent was to injure the Westside players.

I know many of the Brookland faithful fans and they don't condone that type of play. I think it's time the parents demand the administration look into what's going on.

Ridgehog

I'm not condoning anything,  just saying don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.  Im sure that parent felt the same as you do.

J12

February 18, 2018, 04:03:52 pm #77 Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:54:47 am by J12
Ok

NEA Razorback olfan

February 18, 2018, 05:09:14 pm #78 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:31:22 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Well first of all I don't believe any Brookland fan wants to.see any  Westside player hurt, they have a great chance to Win another State Championship. I've never condoned pushing a player hard while in the Air, and I am glad Felts wasn't injured. That play was the main one I saw was dangerous. The rest was a grab before Felts got to the rim.
Riley Felkins should've had 3 player control fouls in the 1st qt
After watching replay on Soncom  on facebook , it's pretty obvious.really special to see.a team that never fouls, everytime they do they give a look of disbelief..lol
The refs absolutely sucked butt . Need to.get a rule book on player control fouls, lunging yourself into a defensive player not moving  with hands straight up is not a defesive foul. But you can watch the replay and decide for yourself.
Best of luck to Westside in Regionals.

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 18, 2018, 05:09:14 pm
Well first of all I don't believe any Brookland fan wants to.see any  Westside player hurt, they have a great chance to Win another State Championship. I've never condoned pushing a player hard while in the Air, and I am glad Felts wasn't injured. That play was the main one I saw was dangerous. The rest was a grab before Felts got to the rim.
Riley Felkins should've had 3 player control fouls in the 1st qt
After watching replay on Soncom  on facebook , it's pretty obvious.

Don't take this the wrong way but Westside has out scored Brookland 236-128 this year and no Westside starter has played in the 4th quarter of any of those games. The officiating isn't the problem.

NEA Razorback olfan

February 18, 2018, 05:34:32 pm #80 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:38:36 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
I definitely agree , Westside shoots lights out against Brookland.

Westside never committed  any player control foul iyo?

J12

I'd have to go back and look but kind of hard to commit too many offensive fouls when you're shooting and making that many 3's

Weatside was called for a couple of loose ball fouls too.

Either way, when you get beat as bad as brookland did last night it's not an officiating problem. Honestly - the kid who committed the first intentional foul is lucky he wasn't ejected and can play Thursday night. I think the officials showed restraint there and knew the situation.

NEA Razorback olfan

February 18, 2018, 05:45:59 pm #82 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:50:50 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
18:51 in replay
#33 is in position, Riley takes two dribbles and launches himself into #33

Score was 8-3 5:11 remaining in first

They called a travel on Riley spin move on baseline I thought was a sweet clean move a little earlier

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 18, 2018, 05:45:59 pm
18:51 in replay
#33 is in position, Riley takes two dribbles and launches himself into #33

Score was 8-3 5:11 remaining in first

Ok. I'll reiterate that I don't think one or two calls swings what should have been a 60 or 70 point victory. You seem reasonable when you discuss these things so I get your point but officiating is what it is at times.

The plays that concern me are what happened intentionally and were targeted to one player on Westside's team. It's concerning that a team does that. You get that right?

NEA Razorback olfan

37:34  in replay
#3 grabbed Felts at around mid court and it was called intentionally, which was the right call,
Right after he is benched....

J12

NEA Razorback olfan

February 18, 2018, 06:42:57 pm #86 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:48:36 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
1:02:57 3rd  int. Foul
3qtr  Felts driving and spins , #20 swipes from behind , called intentional , Gross pulls everyone , new 5

One more layup by Riley and Westside pulls starters  goes to bench
Westside 15-25 from field  9 3 pointets first half

NEA Razorback olfan

Oi didn't see no hi fives from Brookland  coaches from int fouls

NEA Razorback olfan

Only charge called in the game was at 1:14:02 replay
6:20 left in 4th,  against Brookland

J12

Nevermind. I take back my rational comment from earlier.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on February 18, 2018, 05:51:04 pm
Ok. I'll reiterate that I don't think one or two calls swings what should have been a 60 or 70 point victory. You seem reasonable when you discuss these things so I get your point but officiating is what it is at times.

The plays that concern me are what happened intentionally and were targeted to one player on Westside's team. It's concerning that a team does that. You get that right?

Yes , and I agree,  Felts is a good kid , will be playing either Basketball or baseball in college , very talented and gifted player.

Bbal789

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 18, 2018, 07:08:49 pm
Yes , and I agree,  Felts is a good kid , will be playing either Basketball or baseball in college , very talented and gifted player.

I would think basketball. He hits threes half way from the half court line and three point line like a regular shot.

Bbal789

I watched the game on the Soncom Facebook page. Everybody on Westside can shoot. They might not have the prettiest shot forms but it sure works. They were trying to keep Avery Felts from shooting threes so much that everybody else just started hitting them. Riley Felkins is also very good at driving and finishing through contact. Avery Felts started getting going in the third quarter on the fast break. Jonesboro Westside is actually a pretty underatted defensive team. Everyone talks about their explosive offense but they press and trap really well and they have the same 3-2 zone as Southside which is always a tough defense to play against.

J12

I'll say his. I heard that Coach Gross has went out of his way to apologize to coach Whitmire and players. So maybe I'm unjustified in my criticism of him.

I figured it needed to be said, because I don't think a coach would go through that much effort to not be sincere.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on February 19, 2018, 05:34:44 pm
I'll say his. I heard that Coach Gross has went out of his way to apologize to coach Whitmire and players. So maybe I'm unjustified in my criticism of him.

I figured it needed to be said, because I don't think a coach would go through that much effort to not be sincere.

Thank you  sir!!

Livewire

Quote from: J12 on February 19, 2018, 05:34:44 pm

I heard that Bill Taylor apologized to Avery after the game at Westside. Now Gross is pulling Avery to the side at the end of the game at Harrisburg to apologize. The Soncom announcers were dismayed at flagrant fouls. Sundays edition of Jonesboro Sun has long quote from Bobby saying that he was disappointed at his team for the flagrant fouls.
I'm calling BS on his apologies! IMO he's just trying to cover his a**!

TheSpecial

Quote from: Livewire on February 19, 2018, 08:05:18 pm
I heard that Bill Taylor apologized to Avery after the game at Westside. Now Gross is pulling Avery to the side at the end of the game at Harrisburg to apologize. The Soncom announcers were dismayed at flagrant fouls. Sundays edition of Jonesboro Sun has long quote from Bobby saying that he was disappointed at his team for the flagrant fouls.
I'm calling BS on his apologies! IMO he's just trying to cover his a**!
Good for your opinion man. We all have our own, and I believe him.

J12

Coach Gross' teams play hard. This hasn't been an issue until this year. All that's changed is Bill Taylor is on the sideline.

Bill Taylor was a long time coach at BIC and who's BIC's big rival? Riverside. Buster Campbell (great guy, great coach) is the uncle of Avery Felts. Possibly a stretch but Bill Taylor did mouth Avery from the bench at Westside a couple of weeks ago. He only apologized because Avery told the official what was going on and Coach Gross addressed it at the time.

I tend to think Coach Gross asks his players to play hard basketball. Nothing wrong with that. That's why I believe Coach Gross is sincere. 

NEA Razorback olfan

I've watched almost every Brookland Boys games, I haven't seen anything like this all season.

J12

The 2nd half of the game at Westside was chippy. Then Saturday. I do hope it's an isolated deal because rivalries are fun for players and fans, but not when it gets to that level in Harrisburg.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas