• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville VS Dollarway

Started by whippersnapper, November 29, 2013, 10:19:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonderdog

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 02, 2013, 08:25:29 pm
Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on December 02, 2013, 08:09:14 pm
One punt can put booneville down by 12-16. Listen. I understand their run game is great. I get that. I think our defense has a better chance of stopping their offense than their defense has of stopping our offense.

Some teams kick extra pts.  At least say it would be 14-16 against your almighty cards.
both teams posters are speaking in "almighty" (insert team name). i hope the weather isn't too bad for me to make the drive to see this one. should be a great game featuring two great teams!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 02, 2013, 08:35:11 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 02, 2013, 08:25:29 pm
One punt can put booneville down by 12-16. Listen. I understand their run game is great. I get that. I think our defense has a better chance of stopping their offense than their defense has of stopping our offense.

Some teams kick extra pts.  At least say it would be 14-16 against your almighty cards.
both teams posters are speaking in "almighty" (insert team name). i hope the weather isn't too bad for me to make the drive to see this one. should be a great game featuring two great teams!

The weather's going to keep me away unfortunately. Would love to see the game, but I'm not sitting in freezing rain. Think I'll be by the fire Friday night. :)

elmerfudd

I've heard that the decision to delay the game until Saturday (if needed) will come on Wednesday.

Wonderdog

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 02, 2013, 08:52:54 pm
I've heard that the decision to delay the game until Saturday (if needed) will come on Wednesday.
at least teams will have an idea of when they are playing a minimum of 2 days in advance. i hope you are correct on your intel.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 02, 2013, 09:08:00 pm
at least teams will have an idea of when they are playing a minimum of 2 days in advance. i hope you are correct on your intel.

Well you know how word of mouth can work haha

Wonderdog

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 02, 2013, 09:15:29 pm

reliable source?

BEARCATSRULE

December 02, 2013, 09:32:48 pm #206 Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:35:36 pm by BEARCATSRULE
Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 02, 2013, 09:31:12 pm
I've heard that the decision to delay the game until Saturday (if needed) wil

reliable source?
Yes it was the lady that works the nite shift at Jam mart .

DWayAlumn2002

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 02, 2013, 08:18:09 pm

Based on what?? No one has answered that question yet, except for "speed and size". We've seen speed and size already, so what's the difference??

And you've yet to answer my other question, DWayAlumn2002.

Na. I don't watch film. I don't get paid to. I work too much for that. I've been to all but 2 of Dway games. Missed Crossett and Clinton. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say booneville runs the same offense as they did in 2004. Don't need film. I just need to see them in person. We got a couple 6'5" 330lb linemen. I wanna see them side by side.  Pretty much every team had no idea that we were that big and that fast. I read on another website that SC coach said you can't get a feel of how fast we are until your on the field.

elmerfudd

Quote from: BEARCATSRULE on December 02, 2013, 09:32:48 pm

reliable source?

Hahaha funny. Yes, the source is pretty reliable.

elmerfudd

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on December 02, 2013, 09:36:44 pm

Based on what?? No one has answered that question yet, except for "speed and size". We've seen speed and size already, so what's the difference??

Na. I don't watch film. I don't get paid to. I work too much for that. I've been to all but 2 of Dway games. Missed Crossett and Clinton. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say booneville runs the same offense as they did in 2004. Don't need film. I just need to see them in person. We got a couple 6'5" 330lb linemen. I wanna see them side by side.  Pretty much every team had no idea that we were that big and that fast. I read on another website that SC coach said you can't get a feel of how fast we are until your on the field.

So basically....

Answer to question #1: you haven't watched a single play of Booneville this year

And...

Answer to question #2: based on size and speed

OLDSCHOOL82

We got a couple 5'9" 170lb pulling guards that will knaw at them giants ankles!

Wonderdog

Quote from: BEARCATSRULE on December 02, 2013, 09:32:48 pm

reliable source?
they usually catch wind before any of the players and parents.

rattlerfan17

If I had a nickel... More size, more speed, blah blah blah. I for one HAVE watched film and most of the time I see the lineman standing around after the play moves to another part of the field. Looks to me that they are lazy!

Wonderdog

Quote from: rattlerfan17 on December 02, 2013, 09:59:58 pm

If I had a nickel... More size, more speed, blah blah blah. I for one HAVE watched film and most of the time I see the lineman standing around after the play moves to another part of the field. Looks to me that they are lazy!
thats the way it looked when they played Newport too

STUNNA

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 02, 2013, 10:04:47 pm

Lol and then you looked at the scoreboard

rattlerfan17

Quote from: STUNNA on December 02, 2013, 10:19:55 pm

Won't be able to look at the scoreboard the same way come Friday night.

zebradynasty

I think you miss the point this is high school not the SEC or NFL. Very very few kids play against kids that size especially at the 4A level. They may not be prototypical D-1 lineman but what the film does not show is that going up against them for nearly an hour....that's hard for the average lineman in order to take kids that size and move them out the way....people that big just don't move easily!

rattlerfan17

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2013, 10:32:05 pm
people that big just don't move easily!

You said it yourself (although not in the correct context)! I can't wait to see Booneville destroy this defense!

elmerfudd

I've yet to hear anything but the same ol "size and speed"

STUNNA

Liddell will be the difference maker

zebradynasty

Quote from: rattlerfan17 on December 02, 2013, 10:35:46 pm

You said it yourself (although not in the correct context)! I can't wait to see Booneville destroy this defense!

Big interior lineman, they don't have run 4.5's, but if you can't move them its just what the doctor ordered for stopping an option team. Take away the middle and it really makes it hard for that offense to work. I can show you film on how we ran what was called the Zebra split 4 defense back in the 90's. We had an abundance of 300lb DT, long athletic DE and fast LB's. (sound familiar). Dway runs a similar defense when you have the right people playing it it works very well against running teams. Hence why both PB and DWay were so dominate in the 1990's before spread teams became vogue. The only way you move a 300lb kid in high school you double team him which leaves the lb's free to make tackles and Dway has a couple of pretty good ones.

Seen a bunch of this type of football watching film is good in all but with the type of offense you run if you can't attack the middle it's like cutting off a leg! Nobody expects you to lay down but at the same time size and speed matters in football nearly at every level. It's why the SEC is the most dominate conference in college football!

Wonderdog

Quote from: STUNNA on December 02, 2013, 10:19:55 pm

very true. but lets just call a spade a spade, those linemen didn't have to do any more than what they did. Newport was outmatched plain and simple. not sure if that will be the case with Booneville. i spoke with a coach who was on the wrong end of the game against Booneville this season and his opinion of Booneville was pretty high in regards to their performance. but like i said in an earlier post, go cards!

rattlerfan17

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 02, 2013, 11:03:55 pm

very true. but lets just call a spade a spade, those linemen didn't have to do any more than what they did. Newport was outmatched plain and simple. not sure if that will be the case with Booneville. i spoke with a coach who was on the wrong end of the game against Booneville this season and his opinion of Booneville was pretty high in regards to their performance. but like i said in an earlier post, go cards!

At least this one isn't an idiot! Support the Cards if you want, but at this point, no team should be taken lightly!

elmerfudd

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2013, 11:01:43 pm
Quote from: rattlerfan17 on December 02, 2013, 10:35:46 pm

Big interior lineman, they don't have run 4.5's, but if you can't move them its just what the doctor ordered for stopping an option team. Take away the middle and it really makes it hard for that offense to work. I can show you film on how we ran what was called the Zebra split 4 defense back in the 90's. We had an abundance of 300lb DT, long athletic DE and fast LB's. (sound familiar). Dway runs a similar defense when you have the right people playing it it works very well against running teams. Hence why both PB and DWay were so dominate in the 1990's before spread teams became vogue. The only way you move a 300lb kid in high school you double team him which leaves the lb's free to make tackles and Dway has a couple of pretty good ones.

Seen a bunch of this type of football watching film is good in all but with the type of offense you run if you can't attack the middle it's like cutting off a leg! Nobody expects you to lay down but at the same time size and speed matters in football nearly at every level. It's why the SEC is the most dominate conference in college football!

Valid points, but I still think you're only seeing one side of the picture. Like I said earlier, Booneville has made a living with the same offense for decades against the superior size and speed that everyone is fixated on. Perfect example is the 2000 state championship game against a Nashville D-line that AVERAGED nearly 300 pounds (two DT's were well over 300). And if I remember correctly, QB Brad West broke a 51 yard TD run right up the middle on the very same midline play that we still run, for the game winning TD.

And based on the film I've watched of DWay (particularly SC) they ran the ball with ease until they reached the red zone. A DWay poster has already admitted that they have a "bend but don't break" defense, and I'm confident that Booneville has what it takes to finally break it.

zebradynasty

Ok but that was in 2000. How many teams has BV faced this year with similar size and speed? Add to the fact that when Dway has good teams very, very few teams come in and beat them at home! Not impossible for you just odds are against you IMO.

elmerfudd

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2013, 11:30:24 pm
Ok but that was in 2000. How many teams has BV faced this year with similar size and speed? Add to the fact that when Dway has good teams very, very few teams come in and beat them at home! Not impossible for you just odds are against you IMO.

Talked about this earlier...Maumelle, Star City, and Hamburg all had similar size and speed. That's why we keep saying that it's nothing Booneville hasn't faced already. And every game that was suppose to be close or even a loss for Booneville, has turned out to be a complete blowout.

I don't think Booneville will blow out DWay, but I know we can win more easily than others think.

Wonderdog

the closest comparison to size and speed Booneville has faced was Maumelle and Hamburg. have not seen either of the two play this season, but i would take Dollarway over both teams by at least 21. that is the reason this Booneville match up is a VERY tough one for the cards in my opinion. Booneville has shown that they can contain "athletes" well enough to win convincingly. however, i think Dollarway's athletes are superior to those of Maumelle and Hamburg. not trying to be disrespectful, just an opinion.

STUNNA

Against sc they also had to worry about the pass!!! Against boonville they will put 8-9 in the box and dare you to throw the ball!! If boonville does not have a good passing game I don't think they have a chance to beat the cards!!

elmerfudd

Quote from: STUNNA on December 02, 2013, 11:39:16 pm
Against sc they also had to worry about the pass!!! Against boonville they will put 8-9 in the box and dare you to throw the ball!! If boonville does not have a good passing game I don't think they have a chance to beat the cards!!

You should really read the whole thread before you post.

STUNNA

I wouldn't compare dway to maumelle, sc, or hamburg.

STUNNA

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 02, 2013, 11:42:34 pm

I have read plenty and also saw where someone posted that they have only thrown three passes during the playoffs. You will have to throw the ball if you want to beat dollarway. Just like they are going to have to complete passes to beat you guys. My only question is if it comes down to having to throw the ball can boonville do it successfully?

elmerfudd

Quote from: STUNNA on December 02, 2013, 11:48:44 pm

I have read plenty and also saw where someone posted that they have only thrown three passes during the playoffs. You will have to throw the ball if you want to beat dollarway. Just like they are going to have to complete passes to beat you guys. My only question is if it comes down to having to throw the ball can boonville do it successfully?

Yes they can. And if you have to play with any less than 8-9 guys in the box, then good luck stopping the run.

zebradynasty

Quote from: STUNNA on December 02, 2013, 11:44:23 pm

Now maumelle may eventually be a powerhouse but they're not there yet not even close. Hamburg they may have beaten Dway once or twice before. No those are not good comparisons. Star City....I wont dignify that with an explanation.

zebradynasty

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 02, 2013, 11:52:12 pm

Yes they can. And if you have to play with any less than 8-9 guys in the box, then good luck stopping the run.

If BV runs a dead-T and doesn't pass much why would anyone put less than 8 players in the box ???

STUNNA

I think they will be able to at least contain your run game some. I think you guys will have to have success throwing the ball to win this game.

STUNNA

Both of these teams love to ground and pound. I am just more confident in dollarways passing game and the ability to spread the field and create mismatches.

elmerfudd

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2013, 11:56:25 pm

If BV runs a dead-T and doesn't pass much why would anyone put less than 8 players in the box ???

I'll break it down for you...

If you throw 8-9 in the box and manage to stop the run (which has yet to work), Booneville is good enough to hurt you with a few passes. To counter that, you have to pull 1-2 guys out of the box to cover the pass. That leaves you with 6-7 guys in the box. Booneville will run all over that. It's not rocket science.

STUNNA

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 03, 2013, 12:06:15 am

If you throw 8-9 in the box and manage to stop the run (which has yet to work), Booneville is good enough to hurt you with a few passes. To counter that, you have to pull 1-2 guys out of the box to cover the pass. That leaves you with 6-7 guys in the box. Booneville will run all over that. It's not rocket science.

You have not played a dollarway yet this season. They have the defense to keep 8-9 in the box and still be able to defend the pass.

Wonderdog

Quote from: STUNNA on December 02, 2013, 11:44:23 pm
not comparing them in terms of X's and O's. comparing the johnny's and joe's lol

zebradynasty

I am glad it's not rocket science cause I once shot a bottle rocket and it hit me in the head! But since it's football....I got this! Unless you're going to break the dead T formation and spread your backs and wr's out there would be no need to play with less than 8 in box. If you split out a RB/FL the defense still has the numbers advantage inside.

Wonderdog

get em ZD! lol

seriously though you guys are making this thread a lot of fun.

safe travels to the bearcats and fans this week.

OLDSCHOOL82

Let's just call this the David vs. Goliath matchup.

elmerfudd

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 03, 2013, 12:25:52 am

I am glad it's not rocket science cause I once shot a bottle rocket and it hit me in the head! But since it's football....I got this! Unless you're going to break the dead T formation and spread your backs and wr's out there would be no need to play with less than 8 in box. If you split out a RB/FL the defense still has the numbers advantage inside.

From what I've seen on film, it's going to take 9-10 in the box for DWay to stop the run. And if you think Booneville's one and only formation is the dead T, all I can say is watch some actual film so at least it sounds like you know what you're talking about.

the_kosher_pig

I can't wait for this game.  I'm taking off early to get back to Pine Bluff Friday.  Hope it doesn't snow because I want to be back in Little Rock for the El Do/Pine Bluff game. :P

BEARCATSRULE

I think Friday you $way boys will find out your not as physically dominate as you tell yourselves

arf

Can anyone tell me if this game will be played at Dway or uapb???

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: arf on December 03, 2013, 08:18:57 am

Havent heard yet.

elmerfudd

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 03, 2013, 08:19:55 am
Quote from: arf on December 03, 2013, 08:18:57 am

Havent heard yet.

I'm almost positive it's at uapb

zebradynasty

Quote from: BEARCATSRULE on December 03, 2013, 07:55:41 am
I think Friday you $way boys will find out your not as physically dominate as you tell yourselves

See this is the crap I talking about! Not to insult you but there is NOTHING Booneville can teach or show PB Dollarway about playing physical football NOTHING! Dway has done it better than nearly anyone, including Booneville, not to say Booneville hasn't but not the level of success of Dway! This is not something they have "told" themselves its been proven on field for over 30 years that I can personally attest to! I would feel more worried if you were like PA with all the new wizardry of spread offense but the only time I recall an Arkansas team to out physical a good Dway team team...Shiloh 2008 and they had some monsters on the line.

elmerfudd

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 03, 2013, 09:52:47 am
Quote from: BEARCATSRULE on December 03, 2013, 07:55:41 am

See this is the crap I talking about! Not to insult you but there is NOTHING Booneville can teach or show PB Dollarway about playing physical football NOTHING! Dway has done it better than nearly anyone, including Booneville, not to say Booneville hasn't but not the level of success of Dway! This is not something they have "told" themselves its been proven on field for over 30 years that I can personally attest to! I would feel more worried if you were like PA with all the new wizardry of spread offense but the only time I recall an Arkansas team to out physical a good Dway team team...Shiloh 2008 and they had some monsters on the line.

Some people you just can't reach  ::)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas