• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana vs Eldorado

Started by Hogman2018, October 29, 2017, 03:18:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman2018

Texarkana_Piggie

an old rivalry!  i love this game every year cause you never know what's going to happen. not sure the hogs can hang with the cats this year, but i hope so.  if we can keep it close in the first half, we may can pull it off.  here's to a safe trip and an exciting game.  go hogs go!

rona

+1 Texarkana played a very Superior Greenwood Team their best game and Have lots of Talent. Would not be surprised to see them make a Game of it,but ElDo is playing at an extremely high level recently. ElDo by 14.

2000ZEBRA

bulldogger15

Striped donkeys by 3 td's in this one. Gonna need to bring up more than six 9th graders to possibly beat the Greenwood Bulldogs this year!

GO BULLDOGS!

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 29, 2017, 08:13:49 pm
Striped donkeys by 3 td's in this one. Gonna need to bring up more than six 9th graders to possibly beat the Greenwood Bulldogs this year!

GO BULLDOGS!

you know this is the arkansas high-el dorado thread.  there are no zebras involved in this game (except the referees). 

jeffslilbro

zebrafan

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 29, 2017, 08:13:49 pm

GO BULLDOGS!
Smh 😑

zebradynasty

October 29, 2017, 11:09:26 pm #8 Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:10:28 pm by Texarkana_Piggie
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on October 29, 2017, 10:00:46 pm
you know this is the arkansas high-el dorado thread.  there are no zebras involved in this game (except the referees). 

He honestly didn't know! Bullcrapper and his alter-ego Idon'tknowcrap are actually funny...in a dumb and dumber sort of way.

Wildcat Football

Wildcats by 17, but rivalry aspect could make it closer.  ED has to focus on protecting ball and play smart without too many penalties, AHS has a quick/good defense...so could cause some problems.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 29, 2017, 11:09:26 pm
He honestly didn't know! Bullcrapper and his alter-ego Idon'tknowshit are actually funny...in a dumb and dumber sort of way.

Since you can't respond intelligently, you resort to using curse words?  First using inappropriate words about those with "special needs", then curse words?  You're "That Guy". 

protegewill

Texarkana 24 -21. What an upset it's gonna be to see.

AHS06

The Hogs would have to cut out the mental mistakes to win this game.  AHS and El Dorado has a long standing rivalry with some classic match-ups.  Both teams have split the past 6 meetings.  Our defense will be tough and are capable of keeping this game manageable.  The big questions mark is the AHS offense.  We can't afford multiple 3 and outs that would cause our defense to be tired.  If El Dorado does not jump on the Hogs early they will find themselves in a fight and possible upset going into the playoffs.

Hogman2018

maxswine

Will these two teams play next year?

Pr8hd

I'm going to ride the ED train. I think they are on a mission to get back to the Rock. I think they were embarrassed at GW and remain focused at the task at hand.

I think AHS has talent and is a year away from fully realizing it in the the 5A ranks.

I really hope to see a PB/ED semi-final match-up when it comes playoff time. 

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: maxswine on October 30, 2017, 09:30:04 pm
Will these two teams play next year?

Not sure.  It would have to be a non-conference game.  Standing noncon games are Camden-Fairview and Magnolia.  I wouldn't mind seeing us drop Magnolia for better competition. And in the last few years we have scheduled a 7A team as our last noncon in week 3 before conference starts.

Pr8hd

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on October 30, 2017, 10:09:11 pm
Not sure.  It would have to be a non-conference game.  Standing noncon games are Camden-Fairview and Magnolia.  I wouldn't mind seeing us drop Magnolia for better competition. And in the last few years we have scheduled a 7A team as our last noncon in week 3 before conference starts.

AHS in place of Magnolia would be a good trade in schedule strength for non-con.

maxswine

I think it would be good to keep this game going.  And remember next season they will have 4 weeks to play 3 games.  May open up a chance to not skip a beat.

Hogman2018

No these two teams wont play next year! AHS already has two games with the Texas schools and is currently waiting on a 5a school in ARK to play the third week! Cant tell you who it is yet not set yet! Should know something soon

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Gotta go with Eldo with the win.  Can't wait to see them punish Pine Bluff.  PINE BLUFF=OVERRATED

Texarkana_Piggie

i hate to see this rivalry end.  hopefully it can be picked back up soon. 

Hogman2018

Im hearing Magnolia is going to drop Eldorado for the third game! They are talking to another team . I dont blame them make Eldo go play a team their size

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 31, 2017, 10:17:51 am
Im hearing Magnolia is going to drop Eldorado for the third game! They are talking to another team . I dont blame them make Eldo go play a team their size

It used to be a good local rivalry, and also a good game.  I think the series record is even.  Even last year Magnolia kept it close for 3 quarters.  But for the most part it's been all Eldo the last 8 years or so.  I think we still play them because Magnolia's coach Panter is Eldo's ex DC and a very good friend of Reed's

protegewill

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 29, 2017, 11:09:26 pm
He honestly didn't know! Bullcrapper and his alter-ego Idon'tknowcrap are actually funny...in a dumb and dumber sort of way.
++1   ;D ;D :o :o

zebradynasty

I hate see this matchup end! I think it just might get interesting again.

Rida4Life

El Dorado in a close one.  Texarkana always finds a way to keep it interesting though.

Cats 28
Razorbacks 22

The Future

I'm picking the Razorbacks to play the Cats closer than the Cyclones did last week.

El Dorado 35
Texarkana 28

Texarkana_Piggie

well, that was ugly.  congrats eldo!  on to marion!

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Defense playing better every week.  28-0 shutout with a defensive score.  AHS QB will be sore in the morning, as well as several of their receivers.  Cats were laying some licks tonight.

rona

Agree with D improvement! May be matter of Players getting healthy and maturing in the system. Coaching always solid. I believe it will take big steps on offense when it comes to the likes of PB or Gwd.

zebradynasty

I expected a better showing from AHS. I know they seem to be moving in the right direction. Coach/fans may have underestimated the level of competition in Arkansas. Future is still bright and if the coach is as good as advertised...next year should be a big step up for them

AHS06

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 04, 2017, 11:18:22 am
I expected a better showing from AHS. I know they seem to be moving in the right direction. Coach/fans may have underestimated the level of competition in Arkansas. Future is still bright and if the coach is as good as advertised...next year should be a big step up for them
We showed up but couldn't get anything going on offense as usual this season. The score was 7-0 at the half.  We got the ball, fumbled inside our 20 and ElDO got the scoop and score.  We never rebounded from that momentum change. Fans know the competition we aren't new to this.  Coach did admit around week 5 the level of play is better than he expected.  We are suffering at the QB position with a sophomore that only has 4-5 games under his belt and the oline isn't impressive.  The person we need at QB is lined up at WR.  He is able to direct the offense, make better decisions, and overall more experienced. 

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: AHS06 on November 04, 2017, 11:53:24 am
We showed up but couldn't get anything going on offense as usual this season. The score was 7-0 at the half.  We got the ball, fumbled inside our 20 and ElDO got the scoop and score.  We never rebounded from that momentum change. Fans know the competition we aren't new to this.  Coach did admit around week 5 the level of play is better than he expected.  We are suffering at the QB position with a sophomore that only has 4-5 games under his belt and the oline isn't impressive.  The person we need at QB is lined up at WR.  He is able to direct the offense, make better decisions, and overall more experienced. 

yes!  why did he make the change in qb?  browning was doing really well?  is he just trying to get foreback experience for next year?  i have questioned this since he made the change several weeks ago.  and yes, think he has been very surprised by the level of competition in arkansas football.  i think coming from texas he thought we had been playing a bunch of cream puffs over here. 

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: AHS06 on November 04, 2017, 11:53:24 am

We Eldo fans were all discussing how the QB threw the ball too low for your receivers.  Didn't know if he was getting pressured or if it was mechanics. As usual AHS has speed all over the field. Just couldn't get them the ball.  Of course our defense is pretty fast itself.

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 04, 2017, 03:40:02 pm
yes!  why did he make the change in qb?  browning was doing really well?  is he just trying to get foreback experience for next year?  i have questioned this since he made the change several weeks ago.  and yes, think he has been very surprised by the level of competition in arkansas football.  i think coming from texas he thought we had been playing a bunch of cream puffs over here.
You know that's what he thought about Arkansas football.  He has always taken shots at Arkansas during interviews.  Even to the fact he got so big headed that he done a home and home with Bentonville before the split LOL  And we all know how that turned out for Texas High.  I would assume he is breaking in Foreback for next year.  With Foreback's arm and the weapons on the outside along with the backfield the offense should be dangerous.  However, with the state of AHS football being win now, I believe the coach should have Browning at QB because he gives us the best chance of winning.  Foreback should be in against inferior opponents.  With our oline not being able to hold long during pass blocking Brownings mobility is critical.  Foreback is a standing statue that has to learn to the game.  He doesn't see the field. 

Rida4Life

This would be where I said way back when Norton was hired that things wouldn't change that much... you still didn't beat ElDo did you?

I think long run this will be a good hire but you can't change the entire culture in one year.  .... like I said months ago.....

Good job Cats!  Best of luck in the playoffs.

AHS06

Quote from: Rida4Life on November 06, 2017, 10:07:42 am
This would be where I said way back when Norton was hired that things wouldn't change that much... you still didn't beat ElDo did you?

I think long run this will be a good hire but you can't change the entire culture in one year.  .... like I said months ago.....

Good job Cats!  Best of luck in the playoffs.
But you couldn't be more wrong.  Every lost that the Hogs have taken this year they were in every game.  We just ran into a better team on that night.  Reed has been at El Dorado for a long time and has his system in place.  Beat your chest for winning against a first year coach and only leading 7-0 at halftime. 

Rida4Life

I'm not beating my chest.... not really an El Do fan but I like to see them do well.  You guys were the ones on here beating that chest saying that Norton was the second coming and you would win it all.  People told you to pump the breaks because it takes time to build..... but ya'll wouldn't listen.
I think Norton was a great hire and will build it... but there was no way it was happening in one year.

AHS06

Quote from: Rida4Life on November 09, 2017, 09:43:14 am
I'm not beating my chest.... not really an El Do fan but I like to see them do well.  You guys were the ones on here beating that chest saying that Norton was the second coming and you would win it all.  People told you to pump the breaks because it takes time to build..... but ya'll wouldn't listen.
I think Norton was a great hire and will build it... but there was no way it was happening in one year.
Please find a post where an Arkansas High supporter stated we would win it all this year.  We still believe Norton has did okay in his first year.  AHS has been in every game this season.  With some quality dept on the lines we would be a contender this year.  We'll take 5-5 with a win over rival Texas High. 

Hogman2018

Rida u are wrong nobody said we was gonna win it all! In fact I predicted 6 and 4 on our season! We have 19 starters that are underclassmen and  knew it was gonna be tough in 6A

PrivateLesson

Quote from: AHS06 on November 09, 2017, 09:55:59 am
Please find a post where an Arkansas High supporter stated we would win it all this year..

Quote from: AHS06 on July 09, 2017, 08:42:45 pm
There will be a dark horse.
:)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas