• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A – 5

Started by Sweet, April 01, 2015, 03:10:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet

Scores from conference play?

3/30
Magnet Cove 6
Ouachita 4

Sweet

Magnet Cove 14
England 4 5 innings

GatorBall

What is Magnet Cove's record and who have they played? Since I KNOW that you have all the inside scoop on Magnet Cove...

Sweet

April 02, 2015, 06:42:10 pm #3 Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 06:47:05 pm by Sweet
3-3  2-0
Losses to Hope, Malvern, and Woodlawn
Wins Jessieville, Ouachita and England

I have the inside scoop on several schools. :-)

GatorBall

Quote from: Sweet on April 02, 2015, 06:42:10 pm
3-3  2-0
Losses to Hope, Malvern, and Woodlawn
Wins Jessieville, Ouachita and England

I have the inside scoop on several schools. :-)

What about you former team, the big Spring Hill Lady Bears. How are they doing? What's their record?

Sweet

Don't know so much about SH being my former school. I never attended a day there. But according to the Hope Star they're undefeated. I know they have a win over Taylor with a freshman producing the walk-off HR. They won the Hope tournament. That would mean they have wins over Hope, Lake Hamilton, and Woodlawn. There was some other teams there but I don't remember who. Is Mondays game looming heavy on ya mind?

GatorBall

Quote from: Sweet on April 03, 2015, 07:42:14 pm
Don't know so much about SH being my former school. I never attended a day there. But according to the Hope Star they're undefeated. I know they have a win over Taylor with a freshman producing the walk-off HR. They won the Hope tournament. That would mean they have wins over Hope, Lake Hamilton, and Woodlawn. There was some other teams there but I don't remember who. Is Mondays game looming heavy on ya mind?

Yeah SWEET, you can play this charade all you want but your kids have went to SH in the past. I just don't understand why you want come out and admit who you are. Lets see, how many people had a daughter playing for SH last year and now have one playing in Magnet Cove? Let me guess....hmmmm. Only one person!! Not to mention the countless comments that I have read on your posts that are identical to the comments I have heard you make in person talking to you.

As for today's game with SH being heavy on my mind...nah. I just figured you would know something about them since you still keep in touch with your old team. I know that you want to beat them as bad as anyone else in the state and if anyone would know about them you would.

searkhogfan

I've never known Sweet to hide his identity.  Ask anyone from SH who Sweet is & they'll point him out.   Not sure what all you Drivel was about. 

GatorBall

Quote from: searkhogfan on April 06, 2015, 01:01:01 pm
I've never known Sweet to hide his identity.  Ask anyone from SH who Sweet is & they'll point him out.   Not sure what all you Drivel was about.

My "Drivel", as you want to call it, is all about a person who constantly berates, degrades and belittles everyone that's not from the same school his kid goes to. But your probably right, I should just sit and let him ridicule 15-16 year old girls and not say anything about it. Heaven forbid I try to call out someone that is berating some kids!!!!

Valleysports

April 06, 2015, 02:10:40 pm #9 Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:12:16 pm by Valleysports
Oh ho - one of those serious softball dads!   ;D.  I bet you're a lot of fun on team trips.
USSSA Universe Tournaments of course...  ;)

GatorBall

Quote from: Valleysports on April 06, 2015, 02:10:40 pm
Oh ho - one of those serious softball dads!   ;D.  I bet you're a lot of fun on team trips.

Nah, I just don't like to see someone belittle kids just to make themselves feel better about their self!

BIG_K

;D Develop Thick Skin  ;D

GatorBall

Quote from: BIG_K on April 06, 2015, 02:55:38 pm
;D Develop Thick Skin  ;D

I've got pretty think skin when it comes to someone talking about me. It's a whole different ballgame when they start on my kid though!!

BIG_K

I've got pretty think skin when it comes to someone talking about me. It's a whole different ballgame when they start on my kid though!!
[/quote]

:o Take it easy, breath in, breath out, at this pace you'll have a stoke or two by your DD's senior year.  :D

Sweet

Didn't mention kids. Kids done what they were told to do. It was coaches. No need to side step. You hung 25 in one inning on a team that I'm sure hasn't won a game in years. 13 steals mentioned in paper. I'm sure there was more.

searkhogfan

Quote from: GatorBall on April 06, 2015, 02:39:45 pm

Nah, I just don't like to see someone belittle kids just to make themselves feel better about their self!

Someone from Foreman talking about someone belittling kids.  Wow.

Sweet

Quote from: searkhogfan on April 06, 2015, 08:20:49 pm

What's funny about this is that I have told them a dozen times this isn't about the kids. They did what they were told to do. It's about whoever it was calling for the batter to swing or the runner to steal. The one that's paid to be there. But they have no justification for it. You can't stay the steals were practice. It was Mineral Springs for goodness sake. You could put up 15 in 3 and then drive back home and practice under circumstance where they're better chance of being challenged. Was this about a bullet point on a resume?

And it is funny to see people get a little riled.

Sweet

Back to the original topic.....

Any scores from 2A - 5?

True Fan

Y'all should start your own Foreman thread or something. ;)

Back to the 2A-5. Magnet Cove over Mt Pine 17-0. It was 14-0 after 4. I'm not sure why they didn't call it them. I was thinking that 12 after 4 was a thing. Anyway, a few subs got to play a little varsity. The Lady Panthers still have a long way to go and are in a pretty serious rebuilding mode. They seem to be improving and may work their way into making a run. Hopefully optimistic.

GatorBall

Quote from: searkhogfan on April 06, 2015, 08:20:49 pm

Maybe I've missed something...who from Foreman has been belittling and berating kids on this forum? You seem to have an inside scoop, enlighten us...?

True Fan

MC over Cutter 16-0 in 2 1/2 innings.

The young Lady Panthers seem to be putting it together now that they are getting some games in. They'll face a test Monday at Lake Hamilton.

I haven't heard much on Poyen this year. Could this be the year that they step up and actually challenge MC got the district title?

Sweet

April 11, 2015, 10:00:47 am #21 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:10:45 am by Sweet
I was told that Poyen and Ouachita played last night. I'm curious as to the score.

True Fan

Word on the street is they were scoreless until around the fifth inning and Poyen won 3-0.

True Fan

Gotta love a conference game when both of the opposing coaches ate rocking them blue jeans. ;)

True Fan

MC 17
Mt Ida 2 After 4.

Mike Love

Quote from: True Fan on April 17, 2015, 04:28:25 pm
Gotta love a conference game when both of the opposing coaches ate rocking them blue jeans. ;)
If the umpires let them wear jeans, that is against the AAA rules.

True Fan

Magnet Cove @ Poyen today at 4:30 for the conference title.

True Fan

Talk about a big game, the man the myth the legend, Mike Love was behind the plate. ;D

And, it's the end of an era. Poyen took advantage of a big inning to knock of MC 8-4. Congrats to the Lady Indians. Far and away the most complete team that they've fielded in recent history. For the senior Lady Panthers, it was their first conference loss of their career. Tighten it up and let's come back ready for the district tournament. PPRD

jdwalk

Quote from: True Fan on April 20, 2015, 06:32:54 pm
Talk about a big game, the man the myth the legend, Mike Love was behind the plate. ;D

And, it's the end of an era. Poyen took advantage of a big inning to knock of MC 8-4. Congrats to the Lady Indians. Far and away the most complete team that they've fielded in recent history. For the senior Lady Panthers, it was their first conference loss of their career. Tighten it up and let's come back ready for the district tournament. PPRD

I knew Poyen had a chance this year to finally beat Magnet Cove. A complete team including a Very good Coach. I'm sure Magnet will make some noise in the tournaments.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas