• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New AD at Mountain Home?

Started by Mississippi King, March 26, 2015, 01:52:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mississippi King

Any truth to rumor that Mountain Home AD Janet Wood is heading to 3A Melbourne as superintendent?  I heard she is from there.  Who would be the most likely replacement for her at Mountain Home if she does leave?  I'm guessing that any decisions will be made by whomever is hired as new MH supt.

minerjack

I'd be very surprised in this. Janet Wood has been at MH for 30+ years.

Bomber_Believer

She needs to do something.  Lots of people unhappy with her around here.

4real

I can't help but assume that she gets blamed for the football team's plights.  MH is a tough football job, but are they not competitive in other sports?

Bomber_Believer

She has just been around too long and its time for a change.  All sports have fallen off with the exception of soccer and boys basketball which is seeing success under Mitch Husky.  Baseball is finally coming back around but for the most part the sports that are having to come back up are due to poor hiring decisions she has made. 

4real

Didn't they win a softball state title a few years back?
Girls basketball has been competitive, especially considering the cycle of talent compared to their conference.  Dell Leonard is a respected coach.

This is a crazy thought, but considering the geographical isolation for that size of a school, I can't help but think they would be better off splitting into two high schools and having two 4A schools.  Of course that's not feasible economically, but it would allow regional competition and cut down on long bus rides.

minerjack

April 01, 2015, 01:07:55 pm #7 Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:13:31 pm by minerjack2212
Janet Wood was awarded the State Award of Merit this year. And has won two 6A Athletic Director of the Year awards since 2009.  How could she be on the hot seat?

ricepig

Quote from: minerjack2212 on April 01, 2015, 01:07:55 pm
Janet Wood was awarded the State Award of Merit this year. And has won two 6A Athletic Director of the Year awards since 2009.  How could she be on the hot seat?

It's a what have you done for me lately world, and football rules.

minerjack

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2015, 01:34:39 pm

Oh, I know who runs the big show.  I was just putting that out there for the nay sayers claiming that she isn't very efficient.

ricepig

Quote from: minerjack2212 on April 01, 2015, 01:56:59 pm
Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2015, 01:34:39 pm

Oh, I know who runs the big show.  I was just putting that out there for the nay sayers claiming that she isn't very efficient.

Did she hire all of those coaches who are having success, or what goes as success in Mt. Home?

4real

I would think that every coach they hired last 20 years would've been by her.

This is the same problem we saw last year at Van Buren where folks want to run off the AD over football.

Bomber_Believer

Shes only been the AD since 04 or 05.  She has made questionable hires in baseball and football in the past.  The most recent hires are more likely to be successful I've heard rumors that she is going to be removed from the position either way.  Thats not concrete though.

Mississippi King

I just heard that Wood was not hired at Melbourne last week for supt. job.  She was a finalist but Mountain View Asst. Supt. got the job.

minerjack

Quote from: Mississippi King on April 23, 2015, 12:06:26 am
I just heard that Wood was not hired at Melbourne last week for supt. job.  She was a finalist but Mountain View Asst. Supt. got the job.
McCarn is from Mountain View.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas