• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Baptist College vs Delta State 04-05 season

Started by AA FAN, July 19, 2006, 12:00:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AA FAN

I was just doing a little research on the gulf south and all the colleges in Arkansas and I found out that Arkansas Baptist College a small HBCU over the past three years have knock off some powers in the Gulf South. They beat UAM twice, Henderson, and Delta State, but what makes the Delta State thing so interesting they beat them with 4 players left in the game from the 7 minute point. I was wondering I know it happens in high school where you can play 4 aganist 5, but in college a school like Delta State lose on thier home court against 4 guys with no one over 6'4 in the line up it should have been a big story about it because I have never heard of a college team losing aganist another with only 4 player on the court for the last 7 or 8 minutes of the game.

R. A.™

July 19, 2006, 01:57:08 pm #1 Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 02:02:41 pm by R. A.™
Arkansas Baptist was a unique team, before coach Ripley was there. I remember last year @ HSU when Arkansas Baptist played us that when the ref threw up the ball for the opening tip and we (HSU) got the tip, AB's coach threw up his arms and said "We are screwed!" He griped the entire time about officiating and the clock people everything he could thing of he griped about it. I remember one offical that was there at the game mention the fact that AB did that no matter where they were  on the road. The AB coach told us at the scorer's table that when we played them at home that we would not win and that no matter what it took HSU would not beat AB at AB

AA FAN

That's crazy I know they had a wild coach also every one's so glad Rip is coming to Baptist , but no one talks about Henderson Assistant coach Johnathan Jackson led Arkansas Baptist to their first national championship in the U.S.C.A.A. no matter if it's a small school they still won at the highest level they could play aganist.

R. A.™

Quote from: AA FAN on July 20, 2006, 11:16:59 am
That's crazy I know they had a wild coach also every one's so glad Rip is coming to Baptist , but no one talks about Henderson Assistant coach Johnathan Jackson led Arkansas Baptist to their first national championship in the U.S.C.A.A. no matter if it's a small school they still won at the highest level they could play aganist.

Yeah, I didn't know it either, but the league that AB plays in is not really recognized by anyone. it is sort of an outcast of a lwague....not trying to be mean or nothing.

before anyone asks, Jackson was a "volunteer" . he is/was in Graduate School.

CoachJ

I had a friend that played on that championship team.  Octavius Bailey was his name and he said the competition they played was about high school level.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas