• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guy Perkins the team to beat in the 1A?

Started by BirdCall, October 16, 2017, 12:33:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BirdCall

I hear Guy Perkins has a kid who has the chance to get mid-high major D1 offers and I haven't seen him play or highlights of him anybody know anything about this kid. I know he is a guard.

thebigman3

They got at least 2 that can I believe with 22 and 1.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 16, 2017, 12:51:40 pm
They got at least 2 that can I believe with 22 and 1.
Where did all those D1 kids they had last couple years sign at???

BannerMountainMan

thebigman3

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 17, 2017, 02:28:36 pm
I don't think it is a lie
After watching them play last night.... their is def not a 6'6 boy from Greenbrier.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 18, 2017, 08:51:47 am
After watching them play last night.... their is def not a 6'6 boy from Greenbrier.
How big realistically

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 18, 2017, 08:51:47 am
someone must of started a rumor then, after seeing them I believe they are already better than last year.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 18, 2017, 11:13:22 am
someone must of started a rumor then, after seeing them I believe they are already better than last year.
I think so as well, they're deeper this year. Also yeah you know how rumors get started. They don't have anyone from greenbrier. They have a 5'9 or 5'10 guard from Conway though that's tough.

thechampchamp

Guy is very athletic, and dominant at the guard spot. I don't expect to see a lot of teams being able to handle those their starting 5.

SackAttack

Quote from: thechampchamp on October 19, 2017, 10:25:18 am
Guy is very athletic, and dominant at the guard spot. I don't expect to see a lot of teams being able to handle those their starting 5.
Yep agree totally! It is amazing what a couple of well placed move-ins will do for a school EVERY YEAR. What part of Guy are they living in? Got some really nice rental places I hear?

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on October 19, 2017, 10:29:04 am
Yep agree totally! It is amazing what a couple of well placed move-ins will do for a school EVERY YEAR. What part of Guy are they living in? Got some really nice rental places I hear?
Sack is just a hater. People want to play where they're going to win!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 19, 2017, 10:30:40 am
will they be good next year? Will the winning tradition continue?

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 19, 2017, 10:30:40 am
Not a hater! Just grounded in reality dude! Kid came from Conway and Mt Vernon and by all accounts those two schools are going to win a lot and have a shot to compete for the title also. Maybe its just easier at Guy with their admin allowing that stuff to happen?? Now theres an interesting question isnt it?

arstatechamp13

If you have the opportunity to play big D1 why would you leave Greenbrier and go to Guy Perkins

SackAttack

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on October 19, 2017, 11:22:49 am
If you have the opportunity to play big D1 why would you leave Greenbrier and go to Guy Perkins
Exactly!!

thebigman3

Nobody left from Greenbrier?

arstatechamp13

Just commenting on the aforementioned rumors

thechampchamp

Hutchcraft will be gone after this season yes. I have seen a few of the players coming up from jr high in the coming seasons. And I believe with the talent they have, if they continue to work, will make yet another great sr. high team in the coming seasons.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 19, 2017, 01:14:36 pm
Nobody left from Greenbrier?
Ballard two years ago!! Valencourt 7-8 years ago. Both great players neither went on to play college ball. Hutchs kids dont transition well to college because their overall basketball IQ is beyond low. Very low. Very very low! Ive been around for most of his career hes had maybe  6-7 kids tops in 40 years. Not a great number!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on October 19, 2017, 05:41:52 pm
Ballard two years ago!! Valencourt 7-8 years ago. Both great players neither went on to play college ball. Hutchs kids dont transition well to college because their overall basketball IQ is beyond low. Very low. Very very low! Ive been around for most of his career hes had maybe  6-7 kids tops in 40 years. Not a great number!

Yet they keep coming to play for him.   

hooperfromwestside

I guess we are all forgetting about the big boy who came in the game with allen iverson dribble moves. I do beleive i heard the guy bench going crazy and calling him brice.

HorseFeathers

Wait....a poster from Westside talking about real world basketball....I think that's against the rules

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 19, 2017, 05:43:31 pm
Yet they keep coming to play for him.
With the wrong notion that they are D1 players yet cant even make it at CBC. Go figure. I want my son with college potential to realize that potential but thats just me!

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on October 19, 2017, 05:41:52 pm
are y'all still on a ballard? and Ballard chose to not play college ball. He didn't want too. he had many offers. and are you forgetting where Victor Rimmer and Ashley Nance came from?... Low IQ? The Guiden boys and their sister? Dennel Henderson. Stephen Delph. May I go on more? And I would bet 2 of their starters get offers this year. Do talk abt stuff you don't know.

thebigman3

thechampchamp

Guy plays Shirley tonight. I got Guy 82-50

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 19, 2017, 09:38:59 pm
are y'all still on a ballard? and Ballard chose to not play college ball. He didn't want too. he had many offers. and are you forgetting where Victor Rimmer and Ashley Nance came from?... Low IQ? The Guiden boys and their sister? Dennel Henderson. Stephen Delph. May I go on more? And I would bet 2 of their starters get offers this year. Do talk abt stuff you don't know.
Those are exactly the 6 kids I was refering to in 40 years yet every year we hear about these great college players. I agree Vic is one of the best and Ashley has a tooooonnnn of talent every year! Ill be watching to see where those two starters end up probably the same team that the little guard from two years went to. Now which school was that again???

HorseFeathers

October 20, 2017, 01:21:09 pm #30 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:23:02 pm by HorseFeathers
Nvm

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on October 20, 2017, 01:19:32 pm
Those are exactly the 6 kids I was refering to in 40 years yet every year we hear about these great college players. I agree Vic is one of the best and Ashley has a tooooonnnn of talent every year! Ill be watching to see where those two starters end up probably the same team that the little guard from two years went to. Now which school was that again???
I can still name more if you would like me too. Don't forget the one of the Guiden brothers and their sister went on to coaching. So not seeing the low IQ here.

SackAttack

You talking about the Guiden dude that Hutch shafted so bad!! That Guiden brother! What a guy that Hutch!

BirdCall

Guy Perkins wins championship that is the point.I am sure they could beat 4A and 5A teams as well, Back in my day they beat the 7A Fayettevile one time.

BannerMountainMan

They are the team to beat but not better than last year I don't think

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 20, 2017, 09:15:38 pm
They are the team to beat but not better than last year I don't think
what's you final 4 prediction banner man? Straight up top 4 teams

BannerMountainMan

Kirby ICC Guy and to early to tell other 1, in no order

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 20, 2017, 10:11:40 pm
Kirby ICC Guy and to early to tell other 1, in no order
I was hoping for a order 😉😂 I'm really leaning towards county line. They do it year in and year out.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 20, 2017, 10:28:43 pm
I was hoping for a order 😉😂 I'm really leaning towards county line. They do it year in and year out.
but aren't they a shoe in to lose before the finals?

thebigman3

Quote from: BirdCall on October 20, 2017, 06:07:21 pm
Guy Perkins wins championship that is the point.I am sure they could beat 4A and 5A teams as well, Back in my day they beat the 7A Fayettevile one time.
+1

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on October 20, 2017, 03:10:56 pm
You talking about the Guiden dude that Hutch shafted so bad!! That Guiden brother! What a guy that Hutch!
Do what? I'm talking about both of them, but one got into coaching. He coached Junior High at Guy for like 3 years then left and is now at Dewitt. He coaches seniors there.

lineman76

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 20, 2017, 10:31:01 pm
but aren't they a shoe in to lose before the finals?
still top 4 is top 4 and at least it's they do it with no move ins

HorseFeathers

Quote from: lineman76 on October 21, 2017, 09:48:50 am
still top 4 is top 4 and at least it's they do it with no move ins

Only transfer I remember associated with county line was a starting center moving out

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas