• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs LR Christian. Let's get it started 2017.

Started by AirWarren, August 11, 2017, 09:16:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Warren returns many starters from last years 15-0 campaign matching the 2001 Jacks state title team. Replacing the qb and rb along with several key DBs and LBs. LRCA brings back most of their team from last year that includes some depth, size, and speed at the skill positions.

Thoughts?

bilboswaggins

PA Dad

The Warren posters know that I really like and respect Warren's program.  But, I like LRCA this year.  They were very young last year and had a respectable season.  I think they will be much improved this year.  I think Warren may squeak this one out, but I think it will be a very close game.

AirWarren

Quote from: PA Dad on August 11, 2017, 10:16:34 pm
The Warren posters know that I really like and respect Warren's program.  But, I like LRCA this year.  They were very young last year and had a respectable season.  I think they will be much improved this year.  I think Warren may squeak this one out, but I think it will be a very close game.

I too, think LRCA has a solid chance to win.

STUNNA

Deciding factors... warrens O-Line and Warrens 2 best players. If qb can get them the ball they will wil be just fine.

Overdahill

August 12, 2017, 12:02:28 pm #5 Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 01:02:51 pm by Overdahill
If I were a betting man I would roll with Warren. They like a big stage and there should be plenty of early season interest in this one

Mr. Mercer

LRCA doesn't have a Treylon Burks but they've got some great skill players and a lot of depth all around. Their tempo and pace wore Warren out last year, but after some mistakes by LRCA Warren held on. I'm sure the new QB is a good player, but Lassiter was the heart and soul of that team. Should be a great game

LJ06

Here's my take FWIW:

Warren will be a VERY strong football team by the end of the season. They are breaking in a new QB and a new RB. I can't express this enough, you simply can't replace a Hayden Lassiter or a Dennis Daniels. You'd simply plug the best you have into those two positions and hope they progress into outstanding football players. With that said, both positions will be filled with guys who have a great instinct for the ball and have good athleticism. The QB will be the fastest we've had at the position since Bret Smith took snaps in 2002. He also have a very good arm to boot. I never worry about the running back position under Hembree either. That seems to be the one position other than WR that Warren has an outstanding crop of.

With all that said, LRCA is playing Warren at the perfect time. Since the 'Jacks are breaking in players at new skill positions it's their best shot at a win. Not sure the Warriors will pull it off, but they certainly could. Afterall, it was a battle till the end last season. The Lumberjacks defense and line play will make or break this game.

Jimbo Morphis

Bo also plays a lot of kids in the non conference games getting them ready for the year.

LJ06

Quote from: Oldman on August 12, 2017, 04:17:38 pm
Bo also plays a lot of kids in the non conference games getting them ready for the year.

Also a great point

AirWarren

I imagine expectations are high as ever in town. I'll be interested in seeing them in a couple of weeks.

I think #7 is going to have a breakout year and he will be getting some offers after this year.

Romeo

Its not easy to predict non-conference games for Warren. I think most Lumberjacks fans are now accustomed to the fact that Coach Hembree is an experimenter and while winning is important, seeing who is the best fit for certain positions has been the top priority in early games. As Oldman pointed out, he puts a lot of players in during non-conference play.

I think the biggest difference from this team compared from Warren teams in the past is our line play. This is arguably our biggest and more experienced line we've had. Were pretty solid on both sides of the ball. I think that may play a big factor in these early games. It'll definitely play a factor in the postseason. While were breaking in a new QB this year, he'll have some good receivers to throw to. We have the best wide receivers in the state. Period. Everyone knows Treylon at this point, but Keemontrae and Braden are bonafide playmakers and vastly underrated.

LJ06

I agree with AW.  #7 is gonna be the one to watch.

polksalet

STUNNA

SUGARTOWN

AirItOut21

Lumberjackfan1978

I think it will be a close game.But I think Warren will win.

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on August 14, 2017, 06:11:46 am
Max preps has 7pm start time.

I didn't know if it was the first or second game of the night. I just check the Buzz site and it's listed as starting at 7:30 after Mayflower-CAC (starts at 5:00).

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 14, 2017, 07:37:54 am
I didn't know if it was the first or second game of the night. I just check the Buzz site and it's listed as starting at 7:30 after Mayflower-CAC (starts at 5:00).

Then start time will he around 8 then haha. Those things never start on time.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on August 14, 2017, 07:50:27 am
Then start time will he around 8 then haha. Those things never start on time.

That's true, but CAC is switching to the wing-t this year so maybe that will keep the clock running a little faster than with their old spread offense.

Jack-of-all trades

Very excited to see how this year team respond to winning last year,will they be as determined as they were last year or will they be a little off and trying to get in sync with the new QB and RB or will they hit the ground running? The beauty of it you just don't know but we all can attest to Coach Bo coaching ability,me myself I think they will be fine some just might be shocked and to be honestly Warren was pretty young themselves last year remember the injuries we had last year and it was plug and play really tough on the young guys but they pulled it off with a unblemished record. #LetsGetItJacks

cuckoobird

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Jack-of-all trades on August 14, 2017, 10:41:44 am
Very excited to see how this year team respond to winning last year,will they be as determined as they were last year or will they be a little off and trying to get in sync with the new QB and RB or will they hit the ground running? The beauty of it you just don't know but we all can attest to Coach Bo coaching ability,me myself I think they will be fine some just might be shocked and to be honestly Warren was pretty young themselves last year remember the injuries we had last year and it was plug and play really tough on the young guys but they pulled it off with a unblemished record. #LetsGetItJacks
I'm thinking the answer is yes.

SUGARTOWN

Jack-of-all trades

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 14, 2017, 01:08:36 pm
Did we use up our monthly quota of commas already?
I love it when you guy's get started let's me know you are alive. In all seriousness you by now I am not listening to you Right, Riiight!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jack-of-all trades on August 14, 2017, 02:28:20 pm
I love it when you guy's get started let's me know you are alive. In all seriousness you by now I am not listening to you Right, Riiight!

Your reply says otherwise.

Jack-of-all trades

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jack-of-all trades on August 14, 2017, 03:50:47 pm
e Oh you like that Huh?

What I like is proper grammar and punctuation. But those things seem to have eluded you.

Jack-of-all trades

Nah! Just see no need on a HFF not really a big deal at least not to me.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Jack-of-all trades on August 14, 2017, 10:41:44 am
I think they will be determined to hit the ground running and repeat

FridayNightFans

The word on the street up here (LR) is the QB is now the stud WR Burks - can any of you Lumberjacks confirm?

jimbojack

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Our newest QB will be fine, but will go through a learning curve as the season starts. As far as RB, it'll be the O-line that's make any young man we put back there successful. Daniels was never a elusive runner, in fact when he would get 2nd level, he would actually run to where the receivers were blocking, and not around them. The RB spot will be filled by the help of the o-line.

STUNNA

Who is the RB this year? Did steppes come out for football?

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on August 15, 2017, 01:02:41 pm
Who is the RB this year? Did steppes come out for football?

He is listed on max preps.

jimbojack

Steppes will start.  I'd be willing to bet McKnight ends up being the "go to" RB.  He may be the best pure RB since Alford (or maybe even the 80's).

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Steppes is playing so he'll be the RB. He's definitely the best all around back Warren has had in a long time. Kilay Cox was elusive, but not fast. Daniels was fast but not elusive. Steppes has both qualities.

Lions84

Rocket23

It will be good to see Burks and Justice Hill (cb) match up.

Also LRCA's coach is coaching a more physical brand of ball.  Last year LRCA never practiced in full pads.  It really showed with their inability to tackle.  In addition to Hill, the Warriors also get back a LB who sat out last year for health reasons.

Warren is always good, so it should be a good matchup and test for both teams.

Jimbo Morphis

You guys need to be worried about that scrimmage with Mcgehee.

Romeo

Best running back I've seen play for Warren is Terrance Moore, but I think Steppes has the skills to put his name out as one of the best. As long as he stays in football.

jimbojack

STUNNA

AirWarren

KASH dba The Lumberjack

STUNNA

How'd the offense look? I take it they prolly didn't go to Burks or McKnight often.

Superjack45

Ok here we go they were up 35-20 and had the ball to score again with 10:18 seconds on the clock and they called the game, Warren Defense will be tested well at least the secondary will be the Defensive line looked fine and QB play was off threw 2 bad balls one int. but you have got to expect that when you braking in New kids. Gotta grow up fast on the fly LRCA will be tough for them to get past but I am optimistic and maybe I am wrong.

LJ06

I don't expect Warren to go unscathed this season. Breaking in too many new guys at key positions to click right out of the gate. There will be some growing pains for sure, but I'll bet this will be a salty team by the end of the season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas