• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New school

Started by elgaeyddad, January 20, 2018, 05:24:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elgaeyddad

Hello, I am from the Quitman area and am considering moving to a nearby 1A school. Thoughts?

HorseFeathers

BannerMountainMan

Westside for sure. They got the facilities and you will for sure play.

elgaeyddad

Sorry, I am a parent. Not a player. Wanted a good 1A school for my children to grow up in. Just curious.

thechampchamp

eagledaddy spelled backwards? You might really like west side lol. You must hate guy already i imagine ;)

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thechampchamp on January 22, 2018, 08:52:17 am
eagledaddy spelled backwards? You might really like west side lol. You must hate guy already i imagine ;)
never noticed that, I figure it's all one person, including the breeder dude

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: elgaeyddad on January 20, 2018, 05:24:24 pm
Hello, I am from the Quitman area and am considering moving to a nearby 1A school. Thoughts?
I see your name is daddy eagle spelled back. you are not tricking anyone you old eagle sap!

thebigman3

He uses proper grammar and knows how to spell... may not be him.

scrapdig

The New School in fayetteville will be a powerhouse in 1A basketball in a few years.  They have a 7th grade group beating Fayetteville and Bentonville and Springdale right now.  THey are loaded with a good coach and will be getting Fayetteville players who can't start at Fayetteville. 

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: scrapdig on January 22, 2018, 01:52:31 pm
The New School in fayetteville will be a powerhouse in 1A basketball in a few years.  They have a 7th grade group beating Fayetteville and Bentonville and Springdale right now.  THey are loaded with a good coach and will be getting Fayetteville players who can't start at Fayetteville.
school name?

scrapdig

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 22, 2018, 01:55:28 pm
school name?
It's actually called THe New School lol.  THey will be playing full schedule next season

scrapdig

eamo8911

Another Fayetteville Christian?

scrapdig

Quote from: eamo8911 on January 22, 2018, 04:22:11 pm
I don't know anything about Fayetteville CHristian?  Was that where Gomez played? 

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: scrapdig on January 23, 2018, 09:10:15 am
I don't know anything about Fayetteville CHristian?  Was that where Gomez played?
all I know is I remember that is the only time Clintons gym got full was when they held the 1a tourney and Fay Christian put on a show

4real

Quote from: eamo8911 on January 22, 2018, 04:22:11 pm
First off, Fayetteville Christian no longer exists, to my knowledge.  It became notorious when they put together the team that won 1A boys in 2007 with 5 starters not from America.  4 from the coach saving souls on a mission to the Bahamas, then he saved one soul from the Ukraine that happened to be 6'10". They also had three souls to save on the girls team that were all about 6' from the Bahamas.  They definitely did some damage in the public vs private image.

As far as the New School in fayetteville... I'm sure they will be good in the near future.  However, if the school becomes popular at all, it will only take one cycle, maybe two before they have to move up to 2A-3A-4A.

eamo8911

Apparently their K-5 is the best private elementary school in the nation.  In Arkansas?  Really? lol.  I bet they grow pretty fast.  Yay, private school multipliers?  (still mixed feelings about public/private/charter, especially in academic competitions)

And, I remember Fayetteville Christian all to well. We were absolutely slaughtered by them my senior year. And I believe they still exist. They just aren't a AAA-sanctioned school anymore, nor do they need to be with their *ahem* talent development strategies *ahem*

beach bum

Quote from: 4real on January 23, 2018, 11:30:49 am
First off, Fayetteville Christian no longer exists, to my knowledge.  It became notorious when they put together the team that won 1A boys in 2007 with 5 starters not from America.  4 from the coach saving souls on a mission to the Bahamas, then he saved one soul from the Ukraine that happened to be 6'10". They also had three souls to save on the girls team that were all about 6' from the Bahamas. They definitely did some damage in the public vs private image.

As far as the New School in fayetteville... I'm sure they will be good in the near future.  However, if the school becomes popular at all, it will only take one cycle, maybe two before they have to move up to 2A-3A-4A.

I always find it funny myself these universities or high schools of religious affiliation that go on "mission trips" and just so happen to bring back a disproportionate number of athletes.... How convenient of them

beach bum

I work right down the street from the school.... Lots of construction going on there right now with it growing. I look for that school to become more of a household name around the area and more kids going to it in the future.

4real

BTW, i think someone earlier had New School confused to be a private school...
They are a public charter school, like Haas Hall, Lisa NLR, eSTEM, etc.  It's not private.  But they do get draw kids from the regular public schools, which is an issue.

scrapdig

Quote from: beach bum on January 23, 2018, 12:19:06 pm
I work right down the street from the school.... Lots of construction going on there right now with it growing. I look for that school to become more of a household name around the area and more kids going to it in the future.
I saw online they got a brand new gym recently

gojackets14

You are correct. However, they are playing well because the two best Fayetteville players somehow ended up there. Curious...

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: gojackets14 on January 23, 2018, 01:31:58 pm
You are correct. However, they are playing well because the two best Fayetteville players somehow ended up there. Curious...
Well, I have had family members who went to the New School for academic reasons. They didn't even play sports. I think it is likely a combination of academics, smaller school enviornment, and a safer small school for your kids to attend. I would call it self-recruiting. They don't have to go out and get kids to come in. The kids come on their own.

scrapdig

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 23, 2018, 01:59:50 pm
Well, I have had family members who went to the New School for academic reasons. They didn't even play sports. I think it is likely a combination of academics, smaller school enviornment, and a safer small school for your kids to attend. I would call it self-recruiting. They don't have to go out and get kids to come in. The kids come on their own.
Yea and I've seen All state 1A kids who couldn't start on some 7A teams so its likely they will get good players from local big schools.

eamo8911

Quote from: 4real on January 23, 2018, 12:36:23 pm
BTW, i think someone earlier had New School confused to be a private school...
They are a public charter school, like Haas Hall, Lisa NLR, eSTEM, etc.  It's not private.  But they do get draw kids from the regular public schools, which is an issue.

The New School charges tuition and therefore is an independent school, per their website. Charters are funded with public dollars and do not charge tuition.

4real

Quote from: eamo8911 on January 23, 2018, 07:24:16 pm
The New School charges tuition and therefore is an independent school, per their website. Charters are funded with public dollars and do not charge tuition.
Ahh. thanks for clearing that up.

4real

OK, just saw something that makes sense on the rise of this school's boys bb team...
David Ferrell is their head coach.  Won a ton of games as longtime coach at West Fork.  He was a good coach, and a better politician.  He was at U of Ozarks for a few years while his son played there.
He is better connected than any hs coach in NWA. 

scrapdig

Quote from: 4real on January 24, 2018, 02:14:58 pm
OK, just saw something that makes sense on the rise of this school's boys bb team...
David Ferrell is their head coach.  Won a ton of games as longtime coach at West Fork.  He was a good coach, and a better politician.  He was at U of Ozarks for a few years while his son played there.
He is better connected than any hs coach in NWA.
Interesting.  I sent you a PM

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas