• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Season 5A Top Ten Fan Poll - Sign Up (Credits to C-Mac for starting)

Started by AT, June 16, 2016, 07:12:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Might as well do this again.

If you want to sign up, then sign up and submit a pre-season top ten before August.

I want as many polls as possible.

Almatrackster's Pre-Season Top 10
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Little Rock McClellan
3. Little Rock Christian
4. Batesville
5. Wynne
6. Alma
7. Blytheville
8. Hot Springs Lakeside
9. Morrilton
10. Camden Fairview

WPWells

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Alma
3. Wynne
4. Batesville
5. McClellan
6. Little Rock Christian
7. Blytheville
8. Hot Springs
9. Camden Fairview
10. Morrilton

AT

Also, like Fred Bird for instance, it does not matter to me what classification your school is in.

Also, I do give myself power to make your poll void if it's a troll attempt or just plain uninformed. No, this does not mean I don't want a variety of polls.

I just don't want:

1. Little Rock Fair
2. Paragould
3. Greene County Tech
4. Hartford....etc

WPWells

Quote from: Almatrackster on June 16, 2016, 07:37:09 pm
Also, like Fred Bird for instance, it does not matter to me what classification your school is in.

Also, I do give myself power to make your poll void if it's a troll attempt or just plain uninformed. No, this does not mean I don't want a variety of polls.

I just don't want:

1. Little Rock Fair
2. Paragould
3. Greene County Tech
4. Hartford....etc

I hope someone tries to put Hartford in their poll

PA Dad

PA Fan

1.  PA
2.  LR McClellan
3.  Batesville
4.  Alma
5.  Blytheville
6.  Morrilton
7.  LR Christian
8.  Wynne
9.  Hot Springs Lakeside
10. Watson Chapel

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on June 16, 2016, 07:12:28 pm
Might as well do this again.

If you want to sign up, then sign up and submit a pre-season top ten before August.

I want as many polls as possible, but don't want more than 3 from one school.

Almatrackster's Pre-Season Top 10
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Little Rock McClellan
3. Little Rock Christian
4. Batesville
5. Wynne
6. Alma
7. Blytheville
8. Hot Springs Lakeside
9. Morrilton
10. Camden Fairview

Trackster, it's your poll and I acknowledge your right to conduct it like you want to.  But many schools have more than 3 posters and I think limiting it to 3 from one school is too restrictive.  We had no limit last year and I don't think it effected the results.  Almost all voters on this board make reasonable choices in the poll.  The top five is usually pretty consistent with more difference of opinion in the second five, which is to be expected. That's just my two cents worth.

AT

True, PA Dad. We are all usually pretty non homerish. I'll put no limit on the polls. Sounds good.

Hoghead2

1. PA
2. LR McClellan
3. LR Christian
4.Blytheville
5. Alma
6. Batesville
7. Wynne
8. Morrilton
9. Watson Chapel
10. Camden Fairview

GuvHog

1.  PA
2.  LR McClellan
3.  Batesville
4.  Alma
5.  Blytheville
6.  LR Christian
7.  Wynne
8.  Morrilton
9.  Hot Springs Lakeside
10. Watson Chapel

MDXPHD

PA
Batesville
Alma
Blytheville
McClellan
Wynne
LRC
Morrilton
Lakeside
WC

FD4

Dont want to crow too early but unless you park two buses on the field and fill the gaps with the band cheer leaders and the rest of your bench, your not going to stop the Wynne running game.  If your pass happy offense thinks they will just throw at will against this defense, think again, Wynne has a super fast defensive line.  But, all that said, game time is a lot different than spring practice, camps and August practice.  We should be a 3 team all season.  Just got to get over "The Neers" and keep Blytheville at bay.

AT

Chip

1. PA
2. Alma
3. Batesville
4. Blytheville
5. LRC
6. McClellan
7. Wynne
8. Watson Chapel
9. HS Lakeside
10. Camden Fairview

PA Dad

From the polls submitted thus far it appears that folks expect the South to be down this year.

AT

And everyone is higher on Alma than me. Actually I do think the Airedales could be #2, I am just trying to not be a homer a little too hard.

I think the Central has gone from "It's only PA!" to the toughest conference in 5A pretty quickly.

The 5A West may continues it's theme of a lot of good teams but not great teams.

The East may continues it's theme of great teams and then bleh.

The South and West will probably have a lot of similarities, but I think the South will have even more disparity than the West and even less chance of a state contender...might be completely wrong.

GuvHog

Quote from: Almatrackster on June 23, 2016, 05:29:32 pm
And everyone is higher on Alma than me. Actually I do think the Airedales could be #2, I am just trying to not be a homer a little too hard.

I think the Central has gone from "It's only PA!" to the toughest conference in 5A pretty quickly.

The 5A West may continues it's theme of a lot of good teams but not great teams.

The South and West will probably have a lot of similarities, but I think the South will have even more disparity than the West and even less chance of a state contender...might be completely wrong.

According to Hooten's, the 5A South coaches seem to think that conference will be wide open with several teams having a shot at winning it. They did pick WC to win it though.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on June 16, 2016, 09:23:25 pm
True, PA Dad. We are all usually pretty non homerish. I'll put no limit on the polls. Sounds good.

Well at least I made one permanent contribution to the poll haha

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on June 23, 2016, 05:29:32 pm

The central could be competitive with PA, LRC, McClellan, SH and Parkview.

It looks like Alma and Morrilton in the West but I bet a couple of other teams step up.

I think the East will be similar to last year.

I don't have a clue about the South.   But I didn't last year either.

PA Dad

Quote from: GuvHog on June 23, 2016, 05:37:51 pm
According to Hooten's, the 5A South coaches seem to think that conference will be wide open with several teams having a shot at winning it. They did pick WC to win it though.

I wouldn't argue with that pick.

PA Dad

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 23, 2016, 07:03:39 pm
Well at least I made one permanent contribution to the poll haha

You did a great job with the poll last year.  Thanks.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on June 23, 2016, 09:26:43 pm
The central could be competitive with PA, LRC, McClellan, SH and Parkview.

It looks like Alma and Morrilton in the West but I bet a couple of other teams step up.

I think the East will be similar to last year.

I don't have a clue about the South.   But I didn't last year either.

I don't think McClellan feeds off last year as much as people think. I also think LRC will not be near the team they were last year. PA should roll through that conference just like they always do.

East will have 3 teams that are pretty good, and then drop off significantly.

I think everyone is high on Alma because of their competition the last couple of years. Playing up like that and then dropping to 5A will help, for conference play at least. I think they will win the West, but I don't think they can beat PA or Batesville.

the voice

Quote from: MDXPHD on June 24, 2016, 07:57:17 am
I don't think McClellan feeds off last year as much as people think. I also think LRC will not be near the team they were last year. PA should roll through that conference just like they always do.

East will have 3 teams that are pretty good, and then drop off significantly.

I think everyone is high on Alma because of their competition the last couple of years. Playing up like that and then dropping to 5A will help, for conference play at least. I think they will win the West, but I don't think they can beat PA or Batesville.

I tend to agree on most points , I think LRC graduated a bunch of seniors.  LRM will have to prove more than a flash in the pan, I know they have some returning players , they still gotta put it together again. 

Alma is scary , if they can in deed pass and defend it ,history says watch out , they've always been able to run the ball. 

Batesville could be as good as they've ever been, and the yellow jackets are talented enough to play with anyone.

Should be a fun year.

Hoghead2

5A East has 3 legit teams in Blytheville,  Batesville and Wynne. The 4 spot is wide open pretty much.

5A Central  has PA,  LR McClellan and LR Christian.  The sad thing is PA wI'll dropkick the whole conference to sleep.

5A South will have some wild games this year. Watson Chapel screamed how they would dominant this conference when they dropped down from 6A. Not one 5A South title yet. But look for WC, HSLS, Hope and Camden Fairview to fight it out again this year.

5A West has Alma back. That's bad news for some. Look for Morrilton, Harrison and Greenbrier to give them a run.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoghead2 on June 24, 2016, 10:59:53 am
5A East has 3 legit teams in Blytheville,  Batesville and Wynne. The 4 spot is wide open pretty much.

5A Central  has PA,  LR McClellan and LR Christian.  The sad thing is PA wI'll dropkick the whole conference to sleep.

5A South will have some wild games this year. Watson Chapel screamed how they would dominant this conference when they dropped down from 6A. Not one 5A South title yet. But look for WC, HSLS, Hope and Camden Fairview to fight it out again this year.

5A West has Alma back. That's bad news for some. Look for Morrilton, Harrison and Greenbrier to give them a run.

Those last two teams WC had when they were in 6A were very talented, deep, and experienced. They haven't had that type of talent since dropping to the 5A South. it remains to be seen whether they'll have it this year or not.

j-mann raider 02

1 PA
2 Wynne
3 Bastesville   
4 Hope
5 Alma 
6 LR Christian
7 LR McClellan 
8 WC
9 HS Lakeside
10 blytheville 

Hoghead2

Quote from: j-mann raider 02 on July 02, 2016, 10:28:54 pm
1 PA
2 Wynne
3 Bastesville   
4 Hope
5 Alma 
6 LR Christian
7 LR McClellan 
8 WC
9 HS Lakeside
10 blytheville

Hope in a 4 spot ? You guys are being way too gracious. The Nashville game usually spells Hope season every year. If they beat Nashville or it's close either way, Hope will be pretty tough to beat. If it's a Scrapper or Hope blowout, the Bobcats are usually down. The defense and offense lost some good pieces. The Offense will be able to score. Can the defense hold up it's end ? We will see.

Blazer51

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 16, 2016, 08:19:38 pm
I hope someone tries to put Hartford in their poll

Who is Hartford? I've never even heard of them. 😂😂

Youngsta71701

1. Pulaski Academy
2. LR McClellan
3. Batesville
4. Wynne
5. Alma
6. Morrilton
7. Greenbrier
8. Watson Chapel
9. Sylvan Hills
10. Camden Fairview

Fan of Camden Fairview

pantherblue

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Batesville
3. Alma
4. Wynne
5. Morrilton
6. LR McClellan
7. Watson Chapel
8. Greenbrier
9. Camden Fairview
10. Sylvan Hills

PA Dad

Quote from: pantherblue on July 14, 2016, 02:57:58 pm
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Batesville
3. Alma
4. Wynne
5. Morrilton
6. LR McClellan
7. Watson Chapel
8. Greenbrier
9. Camden Fairview
10. Sylvan Hills

Where is Greenbrier going to finish in the West?

Overdahill

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Alma
5. LR McClellan
6. Morrilton
7. Bly
8. WC
9. LRCA
10. CFV

the voice

1. PA
2. Alma
3. Batesville
4. LRM
5. Morrilton
6. Wynne
7. Blytheville
8. WC
9. Greenbrier
10. CFV

pantherblue

The Future

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Alma
3. Batesville
4. Wynne
5. LR McClellan
6. Morrilton
7. Watson Chapel
8. Greenbrier
9. Camden Fairview
10. Sylvan Hills

Just for fun, here's my week 1 predictions and projected unofficial week 2 poll.
Pulaski Academy over Sand Springs
Alma over Van Buren
Jonesboro over Batesville
Wynne over Marion
McClellan open date
Russellville over Morrilton
Watson Chapel over Dollarway
Greenbrier over Beebe
Eldorado over Camden
Catholic over Sylvan Hills

Projected week 2 poll
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Alma
3. Wynne
4. McClellan
5. Batesville
6. Morrilton
7. Greenbrier
8. Watson Chapel
9. LR Christian
10. Camden Fairview

PA Dad

GuvHog

Quote from: The Future on July 15, 2016, 09:28:56 am
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Alma
3. Batesville
4. Wynne
5. LR McClellan
6. Morrilton
7. Watson Chapel
8. Greenbrier
9. Camden Fairview
10. Sylvan Hills

Just for fun, here's my week 1 predictions and projected unofficial week 2 poll.
Pulaski Academy over Sand Springs
Alma over Van Buren
Jonesboro over Batesville
Wynne over Marion
McClellan open date
Russellville over Morrilton
Watson Chapel over Dollarway
Greenbrier over Beebe
Eldorado over Camden
Catholic over Sylvan Hills

Projected week 2 poll
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Alma
3. Wynne
4. McClellan
5. Batesville
6. Morrilton
7. Greenbrier
8. Watson Chapel
9. LR Christian
10. Camden Fairview

You must be a Greenbrier fan. Why else would you move Greenbrier past WC when according to your prediction both win their first games??

The Future

Quote from: GuvHog on July 15, 2016, 02:02:36 pm
You must be a Greenbrier fan. Why else would you move Greenbrier past WC when according to your prediction both win their first games??

Eh wouldn't call myself a fan. But I do like em  a bit lol.

Well I figured both Chapel and Brier were about in a good spot. And with both winning, yes I see how people would just keep them were they're at. But I think Briers win over Beebe will be more impressive, convincing, whatever you wanna call it than Chapels win over Dollarway

AT

Getting a pretty good number of polls. Going to keep it open a little longer.

AT

Trying to keep bump spams at a minimum but I'm going to keep this first voting open for a few more days if you want to vote. Anyone may vote.

Jackets3

1. PA
2. LRM
3. Batesville
4. Wynne
5. Alma
6. Blytheville
7. Morrilton
8. WC
9. Greenbrier
10. LRC

AT

beach bum

I am not going to do an entire poll, but I predict you see Alma vs. PA in the state finals the first weekend of December for the 5A crown.

Chief_Osceola™

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Alma
3. Batesville
4. Morrilton
5. Wynne
6. McClellan
7. Watson Chapel
8. Little Rock Christian
9. Greenbrier
10. Blytheville

Lionheart88

I'll put something together in the next couple of days.  Should be good to put in polls all season this year.

AT

Polls will close as soon as I get around to calculating and making the new thread tomorrow.

Yellowcake

How does anyone put LRC in their top ten. They lost over 20 seniors.

GuvHog

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 06, 2016, 11:50:07 pm
How does anyone put LRC in their top ten. They lost over 20 seniors.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have them at #8 because of their incoming sophomore class.

Overdahill

Hoghead2

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas