• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview Down To 6 HC Finalist...Here Is Your List

Started by thalilcrzydawg, April 19, 2016, 10:40:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Quote from: kosher33 on April 20, 2016, 08:37:14 am
Anytime Camden played competition that was equal they lost. Reading this makes it seem like Buck won 4 or 5 state titles. If Greenwood stayed in 5a back in 2012 Camden would have 0 titles.
I will admit that at this point Rick Jones is a better coach. But at least we were going to the semi's or finals every year. We were competing for championships every year. "So your saying there's a chance" that's all you can ask for.

WPWells

Quote from: The A-Team on April 19, 2016, 09:44:09 pm
By looking at this list I can assume that the administration has narrowed it down to five coaches. No disrespect but the OC was not a competent coordinator so I can't phantom anyone thinking he would make a good HC. I honestly don't think he (the OC) believe he himself could be a HC. Whoever the coach that was seventh on the list should be upset.

Not really. If he had a legitimate chance they would have named seven finalists

spongebob

April 20, 2016, 09:34:00 am #52 Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:37:16 am by spongebob
Quote from: titan33 on April 20, 2016, 08:22:30 am
Paschal's offense put Buck's offense to shame in the State Championship game and CF had more than enough athletes to win that game but instead they got out coached and out disciplined.
If memory serves me correctly, CF lost their starting QB in the last regular season game in 2009 and the backup came in and played in all 3 playoff games and the state championship game. My thoughts were they did a great job to get to LR. Like someone already said, they played some men that night in LR and were not going to beat that Monticello group if they played 10 times. That was a once in a 20-30 year team IMO evidenced by the fact what has the coach or Monticello done since then? Has the coach had that type of success elsewhere since he departed from that 2009 team?

purpleswag

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 20, 2016, 08:38:23 am
I agree with that statement "although Monticello just had some grown men that year" but you missed the point. Kids nowadays like to play in a wide open or balanced offense and an aggressive in your face play down hill defense. And let's face it, Monticello was just flat out better than us that year.

Not in these parts. We like a ground and pound stuff it down your throat type of offense. The "coach" dads want to see the "Gus Malzahn" offense

titan33

Quote from: spongebob on April 20, 2016, 09:34:00 am
If memory serves me correctly, CF lost their starting QB in the last regular season game in 2009 and the backup came in and played in all 3 playoff games and the state championship game. My thoughts were they did a great job to get to LR. Like someone already said, they played some men that night in LR and were not going to beat that Monticello group if they played 10 times. That was a once in a 20-30 year team IMO evidenced by the fact what has the coach or Monticello done since then? Has the coach had that type of success elsewhere since he departed from that 2009 team?

Played in the State Title game in 2011 at Barton, playing every playoff game on the road and beating a 13-0 GREAT Prescott team that year.

spongebob

Quote from: titan33 on April 20, 2016, 09:44:27 am
Played in the State Title game in 2011 at Barton, playing every playoff game on the road and beating a 13-0 GREAT Prescott team that year.
And after going 2-8 last year, has the talent level dropped off and he's looking to get out or what? I'm asking your opinion. What happened last year?

Marblehog

Quote from: titan33 on April 19, 2016, 11:32:48 am
Paschal has averaged at least 10 wins a season (other than last year which was a down year) since he's been at Barton plus taking them to the Rock in 2011, shortly after winning it all at Monticello in 09. I bet he's ready to get out at Barton and CF would be a place with a bunch of athletes that could have a lot of success.
You would be suprised the lack of athletes Camden has in their current 9th, 10th, and 11th grades.  Current seniors are a solid group of athletes but after this year this isnt your typical Camden

Pat Swilling

My prediction:

Parker - 1st choice
Monden - 2nd choice
Harper/Pascal -3rd/4th

Just a guess though.

purpleswag

Quote from: spongebob on April 20, 2016, 09:59:55 am
And after going 2-8 last year, has the talent level dropped off and he's looking to get out or what? I'm asking your opinion. What happened last year?

I don't know any of them except for what I have read on here and from some internet research, but they all seem like a good fit for CHG.

I will say that I know Paschall had success at Brinkley and if they were anything like the Brinkley I know that's a pretty tall order indeed. Plus he's got a lifetime winning percentage of almost 70%. Can't say he had "the athletes" that much over 280+ games

spongebob

April 20, 2016, 10:09:04 am #59 Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:11:17 am by spongebob
Quote from: Pat Swilling on April 20, 2016, 10:04:44 am
My prediction:

Parker - 1st choice
Monden - 2nd choice
Harper/Pascal -3rd/4th

Just a guess though.
Just another guess

1. Harper
2. Moody
3. Paschall

I don't see them hiring an assistant. I've been wrong before LOL

spongebob

purpleswag

Quote from: Pat Swilling on April 20, 2016, 10:04:44 am
My prediction:

Parker - 1st choice
Monden - 2nd choice
Harper/Pascal -3rd/4th

Just a guess though.

Monden may be a sleeper. Eldo is a good program and he may know people in the district

purpleswag

Marblehog

Whats up with the Paschall guy?  I've heard the guy moves around looking for talent.  When talent runs out he leaves????  Talent running out in Barton?

purpleswag

Quote from: Marblehog on April 20, 2016, 10:40:36 am
Whats up with the Paschall guy?  I've heard the guy moves around looking for talent.  When talent runs out he leaves????  Talent running out in Barton?

Ok troll

Marblehog

that1guy2110

Whoever comes will need to run the ball and run it and run it then run it again imo

titan33

Quote from: Marblehog on April 20, 2016, 10:40:36 am

I wouldn't say that, but the talent has been out at Barton for a while now. He's been winning with 165lb linemen with a couple of good backs. Like most coaches I'm sure he would like to have at least some talent where he knows he can win and build a successful program, but the talent hasn't been at barton it's been his offensive scheme that has won games with these kids.

AirWarren

Would the powers of CF be willing to go to VP's scheme that he used at Monticello? Instead of the spread they have been running for some time now?

Cardinalboi07

Don't have a pick but this is an impressive list. Good job. It all boils down to what CF really wants. If we really want young, Paschal is out IMO. That Billies team was bigger than local colleges that year. I remember one of their guys picked up a fumble and ran the slowest 70 yard touchdown ever but we couldn't bring him down. lol. Personally, I want to see us get physical. The team speed is about the same as last year, but we are still small. No matter who they bring in, I hope the public can understand playoffs should be expected but it is going to take CF some time to get on that championship level again. Im feeling a 7-win season next year but If we go 5-5, doesnt mean CF hired the wrong coach. give it time.

Interesting note: At Bryant.. Buck enters, Parker leaves. any comments?

Cardinalboi07

April 20, 2016, 11:28:32 am #70 Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:31:27 am by Cardinalboi07
Quote from: AirWarren on April 20, 2016, 11:07:30 am
Would the powers of CF be willing to go to VP's scheme that he used at Monticello? Instead of the spread they have been running for some time now?
Definitely a proven way to win. I just dont think CF has the linemen for it. Wouldnt mind it tho... AND CF has a receiver that is going to be a sophomore that I believe can go in a class with the 2012 talent. It's going to be interesting what we do, or if they are even going to keep him at receiver. I cant wait

Youngsta71701

Quote from: purpleswag on April 20, 2016, 09:35:49 am
Not in these parts. We like a ground and pound stuff it down your throat type of offense. The "coach" dads want to see the "Gus Malzahn" offense
My take on wide open and balanced is different from most. I don't mean 50/50. I mean the ability to be able to run the ball or pass the ball whenever you want or need too. Not just run the ball or pass the ball on every play. When everyone is involved it makes the game so much more exciting to play and to watch. Not to mention it keeps opposing defenses off balance because they don't have a clue what your going to do.

AirWarren

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on April 20, 2016, 11:28:32 am
Definitely a proven way to win. I just dont think CF has the linemen for it. Wouldnt mind it tho

According to Monticello people, that 2009 class didn't have the biggest linemen in the world either. And that offensive unit was phenomenal that year.

titan33

Definitely a proven way to win. I just dont think CF has the linemen for it. Wouldnt mind it tho

So CF doesn't have smaller quick linemen that are strong?? Because that's the linemen you want in this offense. The linemen in Monticello that year were all 5'11 and under. There's no way CF doesn't have those linemen there.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: titan33 on April 20, 2016, 11:32:36 am
So CF doesn't have smaller quick linemen that are strong?? Because that's the linemen you want in this offense. The linemen in Monticello that year were all 5'11 and under. There's no way CF doesn't have those linemen there.
How much did they weigh?

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: AirWarren on April 20, 2016, 11:29:55 am
According to Monticello people, that 2009 class didn't have the biggest linemen in the world either. And that offensive unit was phenomenal that year.
They didnt. no D1 recruits that I can remember but They had a proficient defense tho. may not have been over talented but well coached and big enough to fill gaps and make it hard. The best CF saw that year outside of El Dorado probably. That scheme was just the perfect fit. last year we didnt have a guy over 200 lbs on defense.

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: titan33 on April 20, 2016, 11:32:36 am
Not strong and not as athletic. HEARD it was only one guy over 300 and he wasnt a linemen and the rest were at 245. thats decent. things change with an offseason but.. yea

The A-Team

Definitely a proven way to win. I just dont think CF has the linemen for it. Wouldnt mind it tho... AND CF has a receiver that is going to be a sophomore that I believe can go in a class with the 2012 talent. It's going to be interesting what we do, or if they are even going to keep him at receiver. I cant wait
Yes he is a great athlete from what I hear. I hope the keep him at WR. Does anyone know their QB situation? I hear the kid that was the backup last year is only about 5'8

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: The A-Team on April 20, 2016, 11:42:43 am
Yes he is a great athlete from what I hear. I hope the keep him at WR. Does anyone know their QB situation? I hear the kid that was the backup last year is only about 5'8
exactly! Im excited for the kids either way. I hope they get to enjoy an environment where they can just focus on having fun and playing football. Wins are important but they aint everything.

and the backup was probably about that size. He's a heck of a baseball player and he's pretty tough too. good kid, again from what I HEAR. Also HEARD that last year's freshman QB is a stud athlete with the game in his genes. We got a lot to look out for because a lot can go either way lol

The A-Team

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on April 20, 2016, 11:51:15 am
exactly! Im excited for the kids either way. I hope they get to enjoy an environment where they can just focus on having fun and playing football. Wins are important but they aint everything.

and the backup was probably about that size. He's a heck of a baseball player and he's pretty tough too. good kid, again from what I HEAR. Also HEARD that last year's freshman QB is a stud athlete with the game in his genes. We got a lot to look out for because a lot can go either way lol
I only watched the 9th grade once. Is he a big QB? I know their offensive line wasn't very good and he ran for his life a lot.

Lionheart88

Quote from: AirWarren on April 19, 2016, 01:52:45 pm
Heralded former Bryant Hornet QB.
Grandson of the great Jimmy Red Parker.

Not sure what else after that.
Played at OBU, after transferring from Vanderbilt.  He was a year or two ahead of me, but I had some classes with him at OBU.  Nice guy.  I lost track of him after college until I heard he was back at Bryant coaching.

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: The A-Team on April 20, 2016, 12:41:26 pm
I only watched the 9th grade once. Is he a big QB? I know their offensive line wasn't very good and he ran for his life a lot.
Didn't get to see him much in football but he seemed pretty quick and had good IQ on the basketball court. I know that's a different sport but he really Looks to be very coachable. Looks to be at least 6'0.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: titan33 on April 19, 2016, 11:32:48 am
Paschal has averaged at least 10 wins a season (other than last year which was a down year) since he's been at Barton plus taking them to the Rock in 2011, shortly after winning it all at Monticello in 09. .

Actually, he's averaged 8 wins a year. Which is still good, but it's not 10.

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 20, 2016, 11:29:22 am
My take on wide open and balanced is different from most. I don't mean 50/50. I mean the ability to be able to run the ball or pass the ball whenever you want or need too. Not just run the ball or pass the ball on every play. When everyone is involved it makes the game so much more exciting to play and to watch. Not to mention it keeps opposing defenses off balance because they don't have a clue what your going to do.
+1 that would be so nice. versatility

zebradynasty

I would think Paschal would be first choice. He likes to move a lot but him wanting to come back to the area may signal he likes the area and looking to stay a spell. Moody I don't think would stay long. Same for Parker. Monden might be a good #2. I'm sure that would add to the fire between Eldo vs. Camden. Don't think anyone currently on the staff would be good. I really don't think the power offense vs spread is going to be an issue.

Just my two cents!

arkansasprepfootball

If they can make the money work, it has to be Pashcal.  He's won everywhere he's been.  He's proven on a larger scale that he can get the job done in different situations and circumstances.  The double slot is effective, athletes have a field day in it.  Fairview would be scary running it.  He's done a phenomenal job at Barton.  Few people understand how things have changed at that little school.  There student body is becoming more and more like what West Helena and Marvell deal with - no support from the house, no idea how to behave, etc.  He kept that thing going - and winning - after the program was taken to its knees with low numbers.

You guys talking about scheme are missing the point.  You don't hire a coach at the high school level because of scheme.  You hire a guy that understands how to lead, coach and develop players.  You get some guys so attached to scheme they can't see the forest for the trees.

Tim Harper is a good man and good football coach, he doesn't have the history of Paschal.  He's had his fair share of moves, too, but not as many wins. Moody had a great year at McClellan, but he hasn't stretched quality years together.  Lance Parker hasn't ever done the job and Fairview and the drama and politics isn't the place to get on-the-job training.  Monden is in the same boat, but with a "fuller" career.  I think he'd be a real possibility and could help in terms of reestablishing discipline, which was something Coach Cox had a tendency to let slide all the way back to Bearden.

The younger Cox, he's not a legitimate candidate.  Ask other coaches in that conference who they'd like to see get the job - they'll all say (selfishly) Cox.  That's a problem.  I've been told by two coaches in that conference previously that they could not believe how a program couldn't do more with what they have had. The program needs a fresh start, they need discipline and they need some new faces in the building to help ease tensions that have boiled over lately.

The only thing that I can think of that would hinder Paschal's hire would be money. People may think that's crazy being a much bigger school at Fairview, but the guy is well taken care of at Barton.

beach bum

Someone more familiar with the student enrollment in CF would be able to answer my question. I notice that CF is towards the bottom of the numbers as far as 5A..... is it a possible they will be moving to 4A in the next 4 or 5 years if their trend continues with student enrollment?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: beach bum on April 20, 2016, 08:45:44 pm
Someone more familiar with the student enrollment in CF would be able to answer my question. I notice that CF is towards the bottom of the numbers as far as 5A..... is it a possible they will be moving to 4A in the next 4 or 5 years if their trend continues with student enrollment?
Looks like it's headed that way. When the 6A and 7A classifications were first created we were one of the biggest 5A schools. Now we are one of the smallest.

Pat Swilling

You guys talking about scheme are missing the point.  You don't hire a coach at the high school level because of scheme.  You hire a guy that understands how to lead, coach and develop players.  You get some guys so attached to scheme they can't see the forest for the trees.

Agree 100%

Marblehog

Quote from: Pat Swilling on April 21, 2016, 08:11:35 am

Agree 100%
Yep.  Nothing worse than a coach who is gonna run "HIS" scheme no matter what players he has.  Players win games not plays

Marblehog

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on April 20, 2016, 06:28:13 pm
If they can make the money work, it has to be Pashcal.  He's won everywhere he's been.  He's proven on a larger scale that he can get the job done in different situations and circumstances.  The double slot is effective, athletes have a field day in it.  Fairview would be scary running it.  He's done a phenomenal job at Barton.  Few people understand how things have changed at that little school.  There student body is becoming more and more like what West Helena and Marvell deal with - no support from the house, no idea how to behave, etc.  He kept that thing going - and winning - after the program was taken to its knees with low numbers.

Tim Harper is a good man and good football coach, he doesn't have the history of Paschal.  He's had his fair share of moves, too, but not as many wins. Moody had a great year at McClellan, but he hasn't stretched quality years together.  Lance Parker hasn't ever done the job and Fairview and the drama and politics isn't the place to get on-the-job training.  Monden is in the same boat, but with a "fuller" career.  I think he'd be a real possibility and could help in terms of reestablishing discipline, which was something Coach Cox had a tendency to let slide all the way back to Bearden.

The younger Cox, he's not a legitimate candidate.  Ask other coaches in that conference who they'd like to see get the job - they'll all say (selfishly) Cox.  That's a problem.  I've been told by two coaches in that conference previously that they could not believe how a program couldn't do more with what they have had. The program needs a fresh start, they need discipline and they need some new faces in the building to help ease tensions that have boiled over lately.

The only thing that I can think of that would hinder Paschal's hire would be money. People may think that's crazy being a much bigger school at Fairview, but the guy is well taken care of at Barton.
Just remember this isnt your Daddy's Camden Fairview.  Lots of athletes graduating and not many coming up. 

spongebob

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on April 20, 2016, 06:28:13 pm

Very good analysis!!!

AirWarren

Quote from: Pat Swilling on April 21, 2016, 08:11:35 am

Agree 100%

I understand what you're saying. However, take Warren for instance. We have been used to the same scheme/coaching style since 1999. And it has gotten us 3 state titles, 2 runner ups, 161-43-1 record since 1999 with the spread, and 12 conference titles. My point is, it would be very difficult for some to accept a new coach here that was wanting to run the wing T and completely get away from what we have had success with for so many years. 

spongebob

Quote from: beach bum on April 20, 2016, 08:45:44 pm
The last time I remember seeing the classification chart, CF was around 25th in size in 5A and if they lost about 15-20 students, that would be enough to drop them to 4A

Marblehog

Quote from: AirWarren on April 21, 2016, 08:36:54 am
I understand what you're saying. However, take Warren for instance. We have been used to the same scheme/coaching style since 1999. And it has gotten us 3 state titles, 2 runner ups, 161-43-1 record since 1999 with the spread, and 12 conference titles. My point is, it would be very difficult for some to accept a new coach here that was wanting to run the wing T and completely get away from what we have had success with for so many years.
LOL buddy Warren lost state with 3 NFL players on it playing 4a ball in Arkansas.  They might should have tried something a little different....

AirWarren

Quote from: Marblehog on April 21, 2016, 08:46:44 am
LOL buddy Warren lost state with 3 NFL players on it playing 4a ball in Arkansas.  They might should have tried something a little different....

You are correct! However, when you have 3 NFL WR's and a small not so good line.....hard to get the ball to them. Turn into hope and heave since you can't run the ball.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AirWarren on April 21, 2016, 09:24:50 am
You are correct! However, when you have 3 NFL WR's and a small not so good line.....hard to get the ball to them. Turn into hope and heave since you can't run the ball.
I'm really not sure those 3 NFL receivers were the reason they lost that game.  ??? First the offensive line has to block then the QB has to get the ball to them. Then the defense has to do there part. A lot of more factors go into winning a game than just having 3 NFL receivers. Just saying.

Marblehog

April 21, 2016, 09:53:33 am #97 Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:56:08 am by Marblehog
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 21, 2016, 09:52:24 am
I'm really not sure those 3 NFL receivers were the reason they lost that game.  ??? First the offensive line has to block then the QB has to get the ball to them. Then the defense has to do there part. A lot of more factors go into winning a game than just having 3 NFL receivers. Just saying.
My grandma could have won 90 percent of the games with those 3 on the same team playing arkansas 4a.  I know the guy is a good coach but anyone who refuses to change their system is not a great coach in my book.  Adapt to your players not players adapt to your system.

AirWarren

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 21, 2016, 09:52:24 am

Spot on.

Youngsta71701

April 21, 2016, 10:01:28 am #99 Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:08:09 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Marblehog on April 21, 2016, 08:46:44 am
First the offensive line has to block then the QB has throw or hand off ball to them. Then the defense has to do their part. There are 11 players on the field on offense and defense right? 3 out of 11 is a pretty small percentage. And are you trying to convince us or yourself that coaching and scheme doesn't matter ??? We as in Camden Fairview found that out first hand. We did run a spread but we adjusted our spread according to our personnel. We also ran some power an under center stuff in certain situations. Adjusting to the talent you have, now that's coaching.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas