• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MIKE COX RESIGNS AS CF FOOTBALL COACH

Started by bleudog, March 31, 2016, 07:45:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

that1guy2110

Naw. Triple A wouldn't let him apply. They didn't want a monopoly on championships

Redbird88

Quote from: Randy on April 14, 2016, 04:17:08 pm
Youngsta, you have your application turned in?
Have you turned your resignation in yet??

StrongDawg

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Randy on April 14, 2016, 04:17:08 pm
Youngsta, you have your application turned in?

Nope, I already have a title. Can you not see?! Camden Fairview DC!  ;)

Youngsta71701

Quote from: that1guy2110 on April 14, 2016, 05:49:04 pm
Naw. Triple A wouldn't let him apply. They didn't want a monopoly on championships

:) ;) :D ;D 8) :P

spongebob

The A-Team

Has anyone heard who was interviewed today?

oldcard

Quote from: oldcard on April 06, 2016, 03:13:06 pm
How many coaches have left the program in the last 3 years?

Anybody have a count?

wildboy44

Quote from: oldcard on April 18, 2016, 09:12:18 am
Anybody have a count?
I came up with 9. 1 is the HC @ Bryant football. 2 will join him there soon. 1 is the OC at Malvern. 1 is a DC in Houston. 1 is the head girls basketball coach @LRC. 1 is the head boys basketball in Morrilton. 1 is the asst. basketball coach in Magnolia, and the last 2 have resigned in the past couple of months. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wildboy44 on April 18, 2016, 11:05:04 am
I came up with 9. 1 is the HC @ Bryant football. 2 will join him there soon. 1 is the OC at Malvern. 1 is a DC in Houston. 1 is the head girls basketball coach @LRC. 1 is the head boys basketball in Morrilton. 1 is the asst. basketball coach in Magnolia, and the last 2 have resigned in the past couple of months.

Wow! And the avalanche all started will the resignation of Buck James. Kind of makes me wonder was he pretty good at his job. The program has been is disarray every since. SSMH...Boy what could have been. Not to mention the fact that all Coach Rogers wanted to do was take over the boys basketball program. That made the situation even worse when he left. Hopefully we can get this thing back on track with the hiring of a good football coach. Stay tuned.

spongebob

can't blame any of them for leaving
I couldn't work for their bosses either
new coach better have thick skin and adjust to working for imbeciles
the mass exodus will continue as long as the bosses remain the same

Youngsta71701

Quote from: spongebob on April 18, 2016, 11:13:36 am
can't blame any of them for leaving
I couldn't work for their bosses either
new coach better have thick skin and adjust to working for imbeciles
the mass exodus will continue as long as the bosses remain the same

I'm hoping the bosses have learned their lesson. If they haven't maybe it's time for them to go. When you get a good coach in place stay out of the way and let them do their job.  ;) Leave all of this petty jealousy and stuff to the kids. When your grown you should act like it and be a professional. ;D

oldcard

Thanks wildboy. I knew there at been several...didn't know there had been 9 though.
Sounds like a mess.

wildboy44

April 19, 2016, 09:22:15 am #63 Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:54:00 am by wildboy44
Quote from: oldcard on April 18, 2016, 11:46:09 am
Thanks wildboy. I knew there at been several...didn't know there had been 9 though.
Sounds like a mess.
This morning on the LEADOFF MAN SHOW, heard on Fox Sports Radio 92.7, Camden Fairview athletic director Ricky Tucker announced that Camden Fairview's coaching search has been narrowed to six finalists, and also announced that the school expects to have a new coach in place Thursday night when the school board meets in a special called session on Thursday.

Tucker revealed that the school district has received approximately 25 applications since former coach Mike Cox opted to retire after 29 years of coaching. Cox, who was the head football coach at Bearden and Hamburg before coming to Camden Fairview, finished a 2-year stint with the Cardinals with a 14-9 record.

Tucker said the interview process is still going on, but that by Thursday, he and the CF administration will narrow their six finalists down to one which they will recommend to the school board for hiring. The school board will then vote on the hiring of the new coach.

Tucker said the six finalists for the Camden Fairview job include –

• Lance Parker, the grandson of legendary high school coach Jimmy "Red" Parker, and current offensive coordinator of Class 7A Bryant.
• Van Pascal, the current head coach of the Barton Bears, and former coach of the Monticello Billies. Pascal was the head coach at Monticello in 2009 when the Billies defeated the Cardinals 34-6 in the Class 5A state championship game.
• Marcus Moody, the current head coach of the McClelland Lions, who lead his team to state runner-up finish in the 5A classification. The Lions were defeated by Pulaski Academy in the title 2015 game.
• Jake Monden, the current defensive coordinator at El Dorado. The Wildcats have had an extended run of success in Class 6A over the last several years.
• Tyler Cox, the current offensive coordinator of the Camden Fairview Cardinals. Tyler is the oldest son of former Cardinal coach Mike Cox. His brother, Rob, also served as the defensive coordinator for the Cardinals until resigning last month.
• Tim Harper, the current coach at Mena, who led his team to the Class 4A state championship game in 2014

This is on facebook...fox 92.7 radio page.

bleudog

April 19, 2016, 12:06:46 pm #64 Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 12:11:14 pm by bleudog
So did Cox have two of his sons on his staff at the same time?

AirWarren

Quote from: bleudog on April 19, 2016, 12:06:46 pm
So Cox had two of his sons on his staff at one time?

Interesting nepotism tidbit.

Youngsta71701

spongebob

Quote from: bleudog on April 19, 2016, 12:06:46 pm
So did Cox have two of his sons on his staff at the same time?
Come right in and have a seat! Welcome to the party LOL

Youngsta71701

AirWarren

Quote from: spongebob on April 19, 2016, 02:56:24 pm
Come right in and have a seat! Welcome to the party LOL

This information wasn't divulged in the earlier talks about coach. HAHA

spongebob

bleudog

Fox Sports Radio 92.7 Camden

MONDEN HIRED AS CAMDEN FAIRVIEW FOOTBALL COACH

Jake Monden, who has served as El Dorado's defensive coordinator since 2013, has been hired to be the head football coach at Camden Fairview High School.

Monden was selected from six finalists for the job as was approved by the CF school board by a vote of 6-0. One board member, Beth Smith, was not present.

Monden replaces Mike Cox, who resigned after 2 years as the Cardinals coach. Cox was 14-9 during his tenure at CFHS.

Born in Noble, OK, Monden graduated from Northeastern State University, where he was a 4-Year letterman from 1999-2003.

After serving as Northeastern State's offensive line coach and special Teams coordinator, Monden was the offensive line and strength coach at Dublin High School (GA) from 2007-2008.

He then moved to Mineral Springs High School (2010-2012) , where he was the defensive coordinator and assistant Head Coach, before moving to El Dorado in 2013 where he served on Scott Reed's staff, coaching linebackers while also coordinating the defense.

Monden, and his wife, Stefanie, have three children - Haylee, Maddix and Reese.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas