• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A State Tournament

Started by Radiotalker, February 24, 2018, 07:13:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 02, 2018, 08:23:54 pm

guess so when it's predetermined

Naw.... You just haven't accepted the realities of defeat.

WPWells

Quote from: beach bum on March 02, 2018, 08:24:30 pm
Naw.... You just haven't accepted the realities of defeat.

Choked in football and choked in basketball. They talk a big game but can never close the deal in any sport.

Radiotalker

Quote from: WPWells on March 02, 2018, 09:02:26 pm
Choked in football and choked in basketball. They talk a big game but can never close the deal in any sport.

how bout 37-14 beat down .....ouch

WPWells

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 02, 2018, 09:04:18 pm
how bout 37-14 beat down .....ouch

Glad Osceola got the ring after that.

Oh wait, I forgot...

Radiotalker

Quote from: WPWells on March 02, 2018, 09:05:59 pm

Oh wait, I forgot...

how many basketball rings

the ultimate in choke

WPWells

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 02, 2018, 09:07:59 pm

how many basketball rings

the ultimate in choke

Awwwww poor baby thinks they got cheated so he's mad online.

Also, I'm unaffiliated now. It just does my heart happy to see you so upset. It must be sad to let a high school basketball game affect your mood as much as it does you and 501.

501Arkansas

Quote from: WPWells on March 02, 2018, 09:10:21 pm

Also, I'm unaffiliated now. It just does my heart happy to see you so upset. It must be sad to let a high school basketball game affect your mood as much as it does you and 501.
Lol I'm good buddy

Radiotalker

Quote from: WPWells on March 02, 2018, 09:10:21 pm

oops, I hit a sore spot

WPWells

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 02, 2018, 09:11:56 pm

oops, I hit a sore spot

Literally couldn't care less. If it makes you feel better to think that you made me upset then by all means, believe it.

ISU7

Quote from: beach bum on March 02, 2018, 08:17:59 pm
The South just put a fork in everyone else's dreams... I said Mcgehee vs Drew Central for the last two months and people were laughing at me... No longer  ;D
So you're saying Junction and Perryville/ Barton winner were told to forfeit????😂

ISU7

Quote from: WPWells on March 02, 2018, 09:05:59 pm

Oh wait, I forgot...
😮 I couldn't resist 😂🐴🏈🏆💍

RTF

Boys 

Perryville 13

Barton 3

End Q1

Fatbackhawgballz

I think that the state tournament for each class should be played at a school from a different classification. It would wipe out the home court advantage and be a true neutral site.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on March 02, 2018, 10:00:47 pm
I think that the state tournament for each class should be played at a school from a different classification. It would wipe out the home court advantage and be a true neutral site.
+1

CoolBreeze

In a state not too far away with which I am familiar, they play the first two rounds at 4 regional universities around the state. That way nobody has to travel too far to play.

Then, they play the semis and finals at an easily accessible neutral site in the middle of the state.

Arkansas could do something similar with the opening rounds in places like UA, ASU, UA-M, and Henderson State. The finals could be at UCA or somewhere in Little Rock.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on March 03, 2018, 12:33:09 pm
In a state not too far away with which I am familiar, they play the first two rounds at 4 regional universities around the state. That way nobody has to travel too far to play.

Then, they play the semis and finals at an easily accessible neutral site in the middle of the state.

Arkansas could do something similar with the opening rounds in places like UA, ASU, UA-M, and Henderson State. The finals could be at UCA or somewhere in Little Rock.
Brilliant idea which means AAA would never go for it.

xadboy

Quote from: CoolBreeze on March 03, 2018, 12:33:09 pm

That would be to simple for the AAA. Throw in some complicated formula and they might listen.

beach bum

While all the posters from teams that lost are complaining.... The kids from Drew Central don't care and are establishing memories they will never forget and things they may have never thought possible. Good for them in my book.

WPWells

Quote from: beach bum on March 03, 2018, 02:01:23 pm
While all the posters from teams that lost are complaining.... The kids from Drew Central don't care and are establishing memories they will never forget and things they may have never thought possible. Good for them in my book.

+1

RedWolf275

+1

WPWells

Fatbackhawgballz

Hey man my team got beat. That doesn't change the fact that this should happen. I thought it before we got beat. In fact I never said anything about I felt that it cost us our game.

Think about it like this, in football the playoffs are played at the higher seeds home until the championship. The higher seed earns the right to have the game played at their home. I think we can all agree that other than fan support in football and baseball are the only in game advantage to these two sports. In basketball the advantages are different. Some think that a shooter can shoot anywhere. The size of the gym, how far the walls are off the goals. Like in the finals at Hot Springs. If a gym has really stiff rims like Drew Central. All of this can affect the game. If you play at a different classification it takes this away. How many games have you seen in this tournament where the ball went half way in and popped out. A longer than normal rebound. All of this can affect teams that haven't had to deal with that often compared to a team that deals with it everyday. Why not even the playing field? Heck even go to a setup like football where you play at the higher seed. Anything is better than how they do it. To play in a state tournament in a gym that you've never played in and not have an opportunity to at least have a shoot around longer than the 12 minutes before the game is another disadvantage.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas