• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Boys Top 10

Started by wait4it, November 30, 2018, 11:04:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: wait4it on January 14, 2019, 11:29:32 am
Apologies if I was unclear.....OB11 is correct.  I was looking at the region from a standpoint of 2 of the "top 10" teams wont get to the state tournament.  There is also a possibility that the other 4 teams in the top 10 get upset in the regional tournament.  May not be likely but it is possible.
Are there not 3 Regionals in 4A? My point was the top 10 only has 2 Regions representing in it, which is odd.

wait4it

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on January 14, 2019, 11:52:53 am
Are there not 3 Regionals in 4A? My point was the top 10 only has 2 Regions representing in it, which is odd.
True...I am guessing that no one thinks the south region (conferences 7 and 8) have anyone worthy of top 10 status so only the north and east regions are represented in the top 10.

Livewire

Remember that the topic is "4a Top Ten". When I made my picks, I knew the south region was being left out. The choices were based on who I thought were the top 10 teams in the 4a. The fact that only 4 from each region qualify for state  did not factor in.

I guess we could start a new topic where we pick our 4 choices from each region that we think will make it to state.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Livewire on January 14, 2019, 06:14:29 pm
Remember that the topic is "4a Top Ten". When I made my picks, I knew the south region was being left out. The choices were based on who I thought were the top 10 teams in the 4a. The fact that only 4 from each region qualify for state  did not factor in.

I guess we could start a new topic where we pick our 4 choices from each region that we think will make it to state.

No I rather stick to who people think are the top teams even if they all come from one or two conferences. Good teams get out and play other good teams around the state or other states.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 15, 2019, 07:57:16 am
No I rather stick to who people think are the top teams even if they all come from one or two conferences. Good teams get out and play other good teams around the state or other states.
I would have to agree. I have not been able to get out of the River Valley to see anyone else play so I do not know if the South has a team worthy of being in the Top 10 or not. Just thought it was odd. But if the top teams come from 1 or 2 Regions then so be it.

wait4it

I have no problem with a majority of the top 10 teams coming from only a couple of conferences.  It is how it is.
Quote from: Gray lizard on January 15, 2019, 07:57:16 am

MR.GOMAB

The region that contains Mills, Westside, ESTEM, Blythville, Forrest City and Brookland is going to get interesting because like someone stated earlier, only for make it to the state tourney. Who do you think is going to miss the dance?

Also, Magnolia is being slept on to me in the rankings that is a really solid team. Ford is something serious. If they keep rolling like they are, its going to get interesting when the State tourney starts...Home games for them which is always a plus for any team.

Livewire

Look for Mills, Forrest City, Westside and Blytheville to go to state.

wait4it

Quote from: Livewire on January 18, 2019, 07:10:02 pm
I think McClellan will have a better chance than Blytheville...just my opinion.

Livewire

IDK, Blytheville is pretty salty, but in all fairness, I haven't watched McCellan play.
One thing for sure is, we will get to see some great games in district and regionals!

godeep

Blytheville will have to beat either Forrest City Esteem or McClellan to get in.  No small task.

wait4it

If Blytheville is 2 seed I see them facing McClellan. Good luck.

wait4it

regional and state brackets are out....make your predictions....

Gray lizard

Quote from: Livewire on January 18, 2019, 07:10:02 pm
I think there should/will be a team out of the North region in the last 4 standing.

wait4it

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 24, 2019, 10:54:28 am
I think there should/will be a team out of the North region in the last 4 standing.
Will it be someone from the 1-4A or 4-4A?  I see potentially Farmington or Huntsville as the 1 seed from that region.  i dont think Pottsville or Dardanelle can beat them.  Strictly my opinion.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: wait4it on January 24, 2019, 11:22:45 am
Will it be someone from the 1-4A or 4-4A?  I see potentially Farmington or Huntsville as the 1 seed from that region.  i dont think Pottsville or Dardanelle can beat them.  Strictly my opinion.
Pottsville already handled Farmington easily.

wait4it

So....Pottsville will be the North Region 1 seed in state tournament? 

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: wait4it on January 24, 2019, 12:29:30 pm
So....Pottsville will be the North Region 1 seed in state tournament?
I think so

beach bum

January 24, 2019, 01:35:05 pm #118 Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 01:37:30 pm by beach bum
Quote from: wait4it on January 24, 2019, 11:22:45 am

I have seen both play and if either one of those two teams from the 1-4A end up the 1 seed or even the 2 seed from the region in the state tournament then this must be the worst NWA and River Valley basketball has been in a couple decades..... Cause take Huntsville away from its home court and they quickly become average. And unless Farmington had a key player out I don't know about they have no big guy inside or 3 point, lights out shooters. A good defensive team will take them out of their game quickly.

Hawk4L

Quote from: beach bum on January 24, 2019, 01:35:05 pm

I have seen both play and if either one of those two teams from the 1-4A end up the 1 seed or even the 2 seed from the region in the state tournament then this must be the worst NWA and River Valley basketball has been in a couple decades..... Cause take Huntsville away from its home court and they quickly become average. And unless Farmington had a key player out I don't know about they have no big guy inside or 3 point, lights out shooters. A good defensive team will take them out of their game quickly.

Farmington has no big guy ??? They have a kid that's like 6'7 280. He scored 20 against PR in our 3ot loss

beach bum

Quote from: Hawk4L on January 24, 2019, 02:04:47 pm

Farmington has no big guy ??? They have a kid that's like 6'7 280. He scored 20 against PR in our 3ot loss

That player was definitely not on the court the day I saw them play.... I don't think I would have missed that size of player lol. Did he miss some time in the non conference? The tallest guy I saw was 6'2" ish and that's being generous.

Sigmund Sauer

January 24, 2019, 03:19:33 pm #121 Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 03:22:08 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: Hawk4L on January 24, 2019, 02:04:47 pm

He scored 4 in the Pottsville game. May be finding his groove here near tourney time.

Gray lizard

You have to be careful when you hear or see measurements on these boys.  The Morrilton boy listed at 6'5" was shorter than a Pottsville boy listed at 6'4" and they were standing side by side.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on January 24, 2019, 03:19:33 pm
He scored 4 in the Pottsville game. May be finding his groove here near tourney time.
Pottsville is a long team and can keep the ball out of the lane when other teams have a big boy,  There down fall is that real athletic boy who is 6'2" to 6'4" that can create his own game and drive the lane.

Hawk4L

He's no less then 6'5 pretty sure he was taller then our big which is 6'5!! I can't remember his name. We played them 3-4 weeks ago. He's not a stud but he's solid player.

prHOG13

Quote from: Hawk4L on January 24, 2019, 04:16:44 pm
He's no less then 6'5 pretty sure he was taller then our big which is 6'5!! I can't remember his name. We played them 3-4 weeks ago. He's not a stud but he's solid player.
Austin Shelley is his name

J12

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 24, 2019, 10:54:28 am

There won't be. Unless a major improvement happened from last year, the talent gap is too vast.

Gray lizard

Quote from: J12 on January 24, 2019, 06:53:25 pm
There won't be. Unless a major improvement happened from last year, the talent gap is too vast.
And that my friend is why the games are played. We will just have to wait and see.

wait4it

Pottsville or Farmington from the North Region?  Lots think it twill be Pottsville....I think Farmington has improved enough to be 1 seed from the North.

Gray lizard

I have not saw any of the teams from the East or Mills play.  I understand there are 3 to 4 teams that are quality teams.  I do think Pottsville will contend.  Coaching and play always gets better going into post season.

Gray lizard

I have watched some highlights on Mills.  They are very good team with length and a dominate big man (notice I did not say boy no doubt he is a man) that can get up and down the court.  I agree they will be hard to knock off.

wait4it

Good news for the 2 seed from the north is they get 3 seed from the south which may be Monticello or Mena.  However both of these teams arent bad.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: wait4it on January 25, 2019, 09:34:33 am
Good news for the 2 seed from the north is they get 3 seed from the south which may be Monticello or Mena.  However both of these teams arent bad.

Right, The 2 seed from the North will play one of those teams in the first round of the state tourney. The winner will play the 2nd seed from the East in the quarter finals. On the same side of that bracket the 2nd seed from the south will face the 4th seed from the east in the first round to see who will play the 1st seed from the north in the quarter finals.

The 1st seeds in the North, South, and East all have a first round bye along with the 2nd seed from the East.

J12

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 25, 2019, 07:48:44 am
And that my friend is why the games are played. We will just have to wait and see.

Agreed. But I wouldn't count on it. Best of luck to them but there's just better basketball played in central and east Arkansas.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: J12 on January 25, 2019, 10:56:19 am
Agreed. But I wouldn't count on it. Best of luck to them but there's just better basketball played in central and east Arkansas.
I just hope the championship game isn't so one-sided this year. Ready to see an exciting 4A final.

wait4it

I agree....give us some thrills

LRRandy

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on January 25, 2019, 11:10:29 am
I just hope the championship game isn't so one-sided this year. Ready to see an exciting 4A final.
yeah, last years was non competitive.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on January 25, 2019, 12:46:16 pm
yeah, last years was non competitive.

Shouldn't you be posting in the 3A thread now?

MR.GOMAB

Update to the 4A Boys Top 10 (Maxpreps):

1. Mills University Studies (16-4) (9-0 in 4A-5E)
2. Westside (Jonesboro) (16-3) (9-1 in 4A-3E)
3. Pottsville (17-4) (8-2 in 4A-4N)
4. Magnolia (13-3) (6-0 in 4A-8S)
5. McClellan (13-6) (6-2 in 4A-5E)
6. Blytheville (12-5) (7-3 in 4A-3E)
7. ESTEEM (17-9) (6-3 in 4A-5E)
8. Forrest City (11-7) (7-3 in 4A-5E)
9. Harrison (16-5) (6-1 in 4A-1N)
10. Brookland (13-5) (7-3 in 4A-3E)

Next 5:

11. Pea Ridge (17-5) (6-2 in 4A-1N)
12. Southside (16-6) (7-3 in 4A-3E)
13. Farmington (15-6) (7-0 in 4A-1N)
14. Mena (16-5) (7-1 in 4A-7S)
15. Dardanelle (19-4) (7-3 in 4A-4N)

Is this accurate to you? Is this your top ten?

7 of the top 10 from the East Region. 1 from the South Region and 2 from the North Region.

J12

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on January 25, 2019, 01:20:43 pm
Update to the 4A Boys Top 10 (Maxpreps):

1. Mills University Studies (16-4) (9-0 in 4A-5E)
2. Westside (Jonesboro) (16-3) (9-1 in 4A-3E)
3. Pottsville (17-4) (8-2 in 4A-4N)
4. Magnolia (13-3) (6-0 in 4A-8S)
5. McClellan (13-6) (6-2 in 4A-5E)
6. Blytheville (12-5) (7-3 in 4A-3E)
7. ESTEEM (17-9) (6-3 in 4A-5E)
8. Forrest City (11-7) (7-3 in 4A-5E)
9. Harrison (16-5) (6-1 in 4A-1N)
10. Brookland (13-5) (7-3 in 4A-3E)

Next 5:

11. Pea Ridge (17-5) (6-2 in 4A-1N)
12. Southside (16-6) (7-3 in 4A-3E)
13. Farmington (15-6) (7-0 in 4A-1N)
14. Mena (16-5) (7-1 in 4A-7S)
15. Dardanelle (19-4) (7-3 in 4A-4N)

Is this accurate to you? Is this your top ten?

7 of the top 10 from the East Region. 1 from the South Region and 2 from the North Region.

Looks about right.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on January 25, 2019, 12:56:33 pm
Shouldn't you be posting in the 3A thread now?
oh, I do. I just thought that since I had first hand knowledge on how easy last years championship game was, as the poster as inferring, I would comment.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on January 25, 2019, 02:24:06 pm
oh, I do. I just thought that since I had first hand knowledge on how easy last years championship game was, as the poster as inferring, I would comment.

This board is a lot less annoying this year. Wonder why?

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on January 25, 2019, 03:02:41 pm
This board is a lot less annoying this year. Wonder why?
prepare yourself. Mills wins.

J12

And it's actually not annoying I just feel sorry for folks who have nothing better to do than get on here and troll. Then call kids out in amatuter athletics.

But hey, here you are.

J12

LRRandy

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on January 25, 2019, 03:07:06 pm
And it's actually not annoying I just feel sorry for folks who have nothing better to do than get on here and troll. Then call kids out in amatuter athletics.

But hey, here you are.
after watching them play two games I diagnosed why they would lose. Before they lost. If that hurts your feels so be it. I was right tho

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on January 25, 2019, 03:29:20 pm
after watching them play two games I diagnosed why they would lose. Before they lost. If that hurts your feels so be it. I was right tho

That's good to hear.

wait4it

Quote from: LRRandy on January 25, 2019, 03:29:20 pm
why did they lose?

LRRandy

Quote from: wait4it on January 26, 2019, 07:35:29 am
why did they lose?
here is the post:

4A Basketball / Re: 4A East Regional @ Lonoke
« on: February 23, 2018, 11:35:44 pm »
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 23, 2018, 08:20:50 pm
Yeah these games don't mean much. Especially for Westside bc they like to shoot at Brookland gym.

LRRandy:
their shooting is what might be problematic for them. Having watched two games I can't get over the odd shooting form of Westsides players. Their top shooters all have unorthodox shots. While they can get hot and obviously can fill it up quite often it's that very irregularity that will cost them a chance to win a championship. I saw air balls ( along with several makes) these last two games I watched. When any adversity comes be it tough defense, fatigue ( Westside only played 6 players when it counts) or tight game, a true form is needed to be able to consistently knock down clutch shots. I see this as young men that learned those shooting techniques at a young age and found success in elementary and junior high and were not made to correct their poor form because quite frankly they can get the ball in the basket so why change. However, it will be that very thing that will cost them. Just my opinion.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas