• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is the most overrated player in 6A

Started by 59boy05, April 26, 2006, 07:19:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

59boy05

who do yall think is the most overrated player in 6A

PATRIOTPLAYER54

no offense but kevin moore i know he can do it but he hasnt .has he even touched the ball out of the backfield everyone is speaking of him being good but i havent seen him do that well on film.but thats just me he has talent i is prolly ready to show it

Roadtostate

The whole Jax squad and us (Watson Chapel) I just realized we might not be as good as I thought 3 months ago.

PATRIOTPLAYER54

UALR11

Justin Akins,  if he is that sprinter Jax has on their track team hes alot bigger than I thought, but still only JAcksonville players have seen him play.  He talks about how he ran for 160 yards against springdale but everyone knows, Springdale probably didnt even start their #1's in that game.

ThaWMHardhitter

Kevin Moore is not overrated he just hasnt had time to shine but this up cuming season he will

powerlifter90

Quote from: mh0835 on April 27, 2006, 09:07:47 am
Justin Akins, if he is that sprinter Jax has on their track team hes alot bigger than I thought, but still only JAcksonville players have seen him play. He talks about how he ran for 160 yards against springdale but everyone knows, Springdale probably didnt even start their #1's in that game.

it was 190 yrds vs Springdale, and you couldn't get 1 yrd against their Jr. High let alone their high school team.  What most people that didn't see SD play don't realize is that their 2nd team would have won the East and their 3rd team would have beat everyone except WM.

JvilleDevils

Justin Akins,  if he is that sprinter Jax has on their track team hes alot bigger than I thought, but still only JAcksonville players have seen him play.  He talks about how he ran for 160 yards against springdale but everyone knows, Springdale probably didnt even start their #1's in that game.

Akins is the one with braids....The tallest one is WR Marcus King.

59boy05

Jax is not overrated. They is talented, they just have to get used to the new offense they run. Akins is also not overrated. If you have a one on one match up with him, you will not tackle him

UALR11

Quote from: BUGEATERS on April 27, 2006, 10:49:33 am
Justin Akins, if he is that sprinter Jax has on their track team hes alot bigger than I thought, but still only JAcksonville players have seen him play. He talks about how he ran for 160 yards against springdale but everyone knows, Springdale probably didnt even start their #1's in that game.

it was 190 yrds vs Springdale, and you couldn't get 1 yrd against their Jr. High let alone their high school team. What most people that didn't see SD play don't realize is that their 2nd team would have won the East and their 3rd team would have beat everyone except WM.

I played them in jr high and we lost by a point.  I don't play football anymore im just a spectator, actually i just run track and cross country now.  I'm gonna be the one that doubts him, and not to be a dick just to say alright you say you can do it lets see you go produce 200 yards a game.  People challenging you don't always mean they are against him im just calling him out.  I'd actually like a back fromt he old 5A east to go big time D1

powerlifter90

Quote from: mh0835 on April 27, 2006, 10:08:47 pm
Quote from: BUGEATERS on April 27, 2006, 10:49:33 am

it was 190 yrds vs Springdale, and you couldn't get 1 yrd against their Jr. High let alone their high school team. What most people that didn't see SD play don't realize is that their 2nd team would have won the East and their 3rd team would have beat everyone except WM.

I played them in jr high and we lost by a point. I don't play football anymore im just a spectator, actually i just run track and cross country now. I'm gonna be the one that doubts him, and not to be a dick just to say alright you say you can do it lets see you go produce 200 yards a game. People challenging you don't always mean they are against him im just calling him out. I'd actually like a back fromt he old 5A east to go big time D1

In Jax's O it will be REAL hard for any back to get 200.  This isn't the Dead T, Wishbone or something like that.  They "spread" the ball around to many different people

PATRIOTPLAYER54

WHY ARE THEY CHANGING THERE OFFENSE IF IT WAS SO GOOD FROM WHAT I SAW.

Uncle Ivan

Darcel something or other.  Highly overrated.

Roadtostate

Like I stated before Jax is overrated like WM neither is going to the title game.Even though both have probably the most talent in 6a.Anyway both ways players may doom Jax while that same cockyness and feeling that they have nothing to prove will get Jax.I'm not saying that Akins is not good he is or that hubbard can't get it done he can.All i'm saying is that both ways can get you in the end.Akins plays cb to that can get you.

JvilleDevils

Quote from: Roadtostate on April 28, 2006, 05:58:39 pm
Like I stated before Jax is overrated like WM neither is going to the title game.Even though both have probably the most talent in 6a.Anyway both ways players may doom Jax while that same cockyness and feeling that they have nothing to prove will get Jax.I'm not saying that Akins is not good he is or that hubbard can't get it done he can.All i'm saying is that both ways can get you in the end.Akins plays cb to that can get you.

Wish I could understand that....

Quote from: PATRIOTPLAYER54 on April 28, 2006, 12:42:26 am
WHY ARE THEY CHANGING THERE OFFENSE IF IT WAS SO GOOD FROM WHAT I SAW.

That was our first year to run the spread learned it about 3 weeks before the season....Not bad eh?

Quote from: mh0835 on April 27, 2006, 10:08:47 pm
I played them in jr high and we lost by a point.  I don't play football anymore im just a spectator, actually i just run track and cross country now.  I'm gonna be the one that doubts him, and not to be a dick just to say alright you say you can do it lets see you go produce 200 yards a game.  People challenging you don't always mean they are against him im just calling him out.  I'd actually like a back fromt he old 5A east to go big time D1

We do spread the ball around a bunch...We should include alot more passing this year, with many many new plays...

PATRIOTPLAYER54

darcel is not over rated  didnt he have 2,175  yards , 30 touchdowns (more than those terrance guys)

powerlifter90

Quote from: PATRIOTPLAYER54 on April 29, 2006, 01:09:45 am
darcel is not over rated didnt he have 2,175 yards , 30 touchdowns (more than those terrance guys)

4A.............. nuff said

Forrest City Fan

Quote from: BUGEATERS on April 29, 2006, 11:56:24 am
darcel is not over rated didnt he have 2,175 yards , 30 touchdowns (more than those terrance guys)

i dont care what you say but if he really had that many yards and td's in a season it doesnt matter if he in 1A thats really really good numbers

PATRIOTPLAYER54

exactly but west memphis can beat the indianapolis colts remember .

westmemphis#61

powerlifter90

Quote from: Forrest City Fan on April 29, 2006, 10:14:33 pm

i dont care what you say but if he really had that many yards and td's in a season it doesnt matter if he in 1A thats really really good numbers

compare those numbers to the numbers for the entire team.  DJ is all Marion has

westmemphis#61

UALR11

Did someone just say 4A nuff said??, ha, wasnt Darren McFadden 4A? nuff said

Mr_Deb

Quote from: BUGEATERS on April 30, 2006, 11:11:31 am
Quote from: Forrest City Fan on April 29, 2006, 10:14:33 pm

compare those numbers to the numbers for the entire team. DJ is all Marion has

pretty much but this year theyll have to start sharing it around alot more or their going to get him killed by the 5th game which may be the whole purpose anyway but i dont know....  lord knows wynne needs to show marion how to run that offense right!

powerlifter90

Quote from: mh0835 on April 30, 2006, 07:56:22 pm
Did someone just say 4A nuff said??, ha, wasnt Darren McFadden 4A? nuff said

DM was AWESOME in the 4A, imagine what he could have done with a "5A" line in front of him. 

PATRIOTPLAYER54

sp i am guessing you were not at the wynne mariion games last year were we had more yards than them.darcel is an animal un any league.

UALR11

Alright im gonna go ahead and apologize for Calling akins out because even though he hasnt played yet, the athletic ability he showed up with at the conference track meet was extremely impressive, what did you run and what place did you get akins?  I didnt catch the finals i had alot of on and off warmin up to do

powerlifter90

Quote from: mh0835 on May 07, 2006, 02:12:15 am
Alright im gonna go ahead and apologize for Calling akins out because even though he hasnt played yet, the athletic ability he showed up with at the conference track meet was extremely impressive, what did you run and what place did you get akins? I didnt catch the finals i had alot of on and off warmin up to do

If Akins doesn't "go anywhere" to play football the kid is fast enough someone will give him a scholly in track.  King is the same way, he is fast enough to run track on the hill.

PurpleBear#1

Uhh...... Maybe not on the Hill. Arkansas has won like 42 national track championships and are always ranked top 3. They get the top track talent in the world.

UALR11

Yea there is pretty much no way anyone graduating this year will get a scholarship for track in the state.  They get whoever they want.  Akins would have to UNBELIEVABLY fast to get one is senior year.  nationally ranked, and he is fast but not close to that. 

westmemphis#61

powerlifter90

Quote from: mh0835 on May 08, 2006, 01:10:47 pm
Yea there is pretty much no way anyone graduating this year will get a scholarship for track in the state. They get whoever they want. Akins would have to UNBELIEVABLY fast to get one is senior year. nationally ranked, and he is fast but not close to that.

21.3, 200 and 10.8 100 is smokin...........

UALR11

Uncle Ivan

darcel is not over rated  didnt he have 2,175  yards , 30 touchdowns (more than those terrance guys)

Darcel didn't do jack against a good defense.

PATRIOTPLAYER54

really ask greenwood what darcel did.they remember what happend.they won but they remember darcel johnson.what did those terrances do against good defense's against amrion didnt they have like 40 yrds. a piece

Uncle Ivan

Greenwood didn't have a good defense, either.

Darcel got a lot of his yards against weak defenses and running up the score.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 11, 2006, 11:47:37 pm

Yep... even after Mountain Home had rolled over and died, they kept Diesel in the game for a long time.... not sure why...

Diesel is good, but his numbers were slightly inflated for two reasons:

1.  He played late into games he shouldn't have.

2.  Teams didn't understand that tackle MEANT TACKLE.  In the greenwood game, they would literally run up to him and hug him, and he would just drag 3 or 4 of them 7 or 8 more yards.

HE'S STILL GOING TO BE THE BEST BACK IN 6A.  I just think it will be harder for him to produce in a larger classification and A LOT harder for teams to not prepare better for him (he ain't sneaking up on any teams this year).  Marion will also have to get slightly more balanced too.

Roadtostate

Your joking right ???I hope so do you know what you just said he is not in one of those hey lets score at will confrences okay.He is in 6a this is not a easy confrence to dominate in. There is Justin Akins and Dennis Johnson.He is not the best back in 6a by a long shot buddy sorry play agian next year.

panther_pride

Quote from: Jeremy2653 on May 12, 2006, 12:03:35 am

Yep... even after Mountain Home had rolled over and died, they kept Diesel in the game for a long time.... not sure why...

1. He played late into games he shouldn't have.

2. Teams didn't understand that tackle MEANT TACKLE. In the greenwood game, they would literally run up to him and hug him, and he would just drag 3 or 4 of them 7 or 8 more yards.

HE'S STILL GOING TO BE THE BEST BACK IN 6A. I just think it will be harder for him to produce in a larger classification and A LOT harder for teams to not prepare better for him (he ain't sneaking up on any teams this year). Marion will also have to get slightly more balanced too.
Dennis Johnson will be the best back in the 6A, and that's a fact.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: pantherfan56 on May 13, 2006, 01:56:05 pm

2. Teams didn't understand that tackle MEANT TACKLE. In the greenwood game, they would literally run up to him and hug him, and he would just drag 3 or 4 of them 7 or 8 more yards.

HE'S STILL GOING TO BE THE BEST BACK IN 6A. I just think it will be harder for him to produce in a larger classification and A LOT harder for teams to not prepare better for him (he ain't sneaking up on any teams this year). Marion will also have to get slightly more balanced too.

Dennis Johnson will be the SECOND best back next year.  Write that down, and go ahead and plan on getting your Marion tickets.  Until you have seen both play, you can't talk.

powerlifter90

Until the season starts, and we get a few games under our belts nobody knows who will be the best back.  It's a long season anything can happen and usually does.  But, right now the 3 that will have the spotlight on them are Akins, DJ, and DJ

westmemphis#61

panther_pride

Quote from: Jeremy2653 on May 13, 2006, 02:37:57 pm

Dennis Johnson will be the SECOND best back next year. Write that down, and go ahead and plan on getting your Marion tickets. Until you have seen both play, you can't talk.
I don't have to write anything down. Dennis Johnson is gonna run wild next year.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: pantherfan56 on May 14, 2006, 04:45:41 pm
Quote from: Jeremy2653 on May 13, 2006, 02:37:57 pm

Dennis Johnson will be the SECOND best back next year. Write that down, and go ahead and plan on getting your Marion tickets. Until you have seen both play, you can't talk.
I don't have to write anything down. Dennis Johnson is gonna run wild next year.

I agree.  i think he will too.

Problem is, the other DJ will be as well...

PB DYNASTY

JUSTIN JONES (WATSON CHAPEL). THROUGHOUT HIS WHOLE FOOTBALL CAREER HE HAS NEVER PROVED ANYTHING TO ME. THE ONLY REASON HE IS STARTING IS BECAUSE HIS DAD ATTENDS ALL THEIR PRACTICES AND ASK WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING THAT POSITION.

quickly4

PATRIOTPLAYER54

akins so what is our 40 just wondering

UALR11

Akins ran 11.08 @ the 5A state track meet for 3rd in the 100 meter dash

OurLadyOfSorrow

Overrated.
What is this, Kit Coleman?
Overrated.

WBF †

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas