• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Out of the 04,05,06 teams at jacksonville? Who is the best

Started by 59boy05, April 25, 2006, 02:41:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

59boy05

The 04 team at jacksonville is the best because they had all the weapons a team could have. Their defense was awsome, their offense was good except for the offensive coordinator and their special teams came along when conferece started

UALR11

cabotpantherman

I agree the 2004 team was stacked. jax should have won more than they did.

Forrest City Fan

yea im not bragging or anything but that was my junior year and that was the hardest blowout i have had we won like 30 somthin to like their 7 but that was a hard thirty points so i clearly know that 04 team is 40 times better than that 05 team and 60 times better than that 06 team.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Forrest City Fan on April 26, 2006, 09:47:53 pm
yea im not bragging or anything but that was my junior year and that was the hardest blowout i have had we won like 30 somthin to like their 7 but that was a hard thirty points so i clearly know that 04 team is 40 times better than that 05 team and 60 times better than that 06 team.

In 2004, Clinton McDonald and company Sr year they beat FC 14-7 at FC.  They had size and speed, but with CM and Matt Riser among others they had heart and fight, something that is real hard to come by.  If that team would have had Whatley's offense they possibly could have won it all.  Yes I said "all".   The games they lost where winable, and where withing a TD.  The reason they lost the games they did is b/c they had a TERRIBLE offense, and allot of times the coach calling the plays had no idea what he was doing.  Defense kept them in games, that they won and offense lost the games for them they lost.   

UALR11

They had McDonald, that other stud linebacker, Hubbard was playing great football for a soph and who was ther Tailback??, I cant remember his name some little wirey guy had the quicks.  I remember them having a solid line too

powerlifter90

Quote from: mh0835 on April 27, 2006, 09:09:35 am
They had McDonald, that other stud linebacker, Hubbard was playing great football for a soph and who was ther Tailback??, I cant remember his name some little wirey guy had the quicks. I remember them having a solid line too

they had Matt Riser (signed with Ar Tech) at the other linebacker

Terrod Hatcher and Akins where the RB's

59boy05

Quote from: cabotpantherman on April 26, 2006, 09:29:21 pm
I agree the 2004 team was stacked. jax should have won more than they did.

Yea we should but we had an offensive coordinator who didnt know wat to do.  We played sylvan hills and the blitz every play and he still ran up the middle and he wouldn't listen to us on the sideline so we got our brains beat out.

59boy05

Quote from: BUGEATERS on April 27, 2006, 10:52:01 am
Quote from: mh0835 on April 27, 2006, 09:09:35 am
They had McDonald, that other stud linebacker, Hubbard was playing great football for a soph and who was ther Tailback??, I cant remember his name some little wirey guy had the quicks. I remember them having a solid line too

they had Matt Riser (signed with Ar Tech) at the other linebacker

Terrod Hatcher and Akins where the RB's

Yea their line was pretty good but their offensive coordinator was sorry. Their is no way in the world we should lost to mt. home that year. If we would of had whatley, we would beat bryant in the playoff and they was a pretty good team

UALR11

Well you did lose so I guess you shoulda fixed the O coordinator earlier.  That was the year we had two really solid athletes also, just a weaker line.

Forrest City Fan

not clinton mcdonalds senior year beatrick miles senior year is what im talking bout

5A East Fan

Bretrick Miles was in 03' and Mcdonald and them were in 04'. What is Miles upto now?  I heard he dropped out of Arkansas State and went to Delta State because of his grades or something. The 04' team was loaded, but they had a crappy OC.  Wasn't it Lindley? Is he still on the staff?  I heard Whatley embarassed him when he first got there, but I havent heard anything else after that incident.

Forrest City Fan

beatrick miles was 03-04 and clinton mcdonald was 04-05 so i think im right i didnt play in 03' but i played against miles in 04 and mcdonald in 05' which was my senior year

powerlifter90

Quote from: 5A East Fan on April 29, 2006, 02:59:31 am
Bretrick Miles was in 03' and Mcdonald and them were in 04'. What is Miles upto now? I heard he dropped out of Arkansas State and went to Delta State because of his grades or something. The 04' team was loaded, but they had a crappy OC. Wasn't it Lindley? Is he still on the staff? I heard Whatley embarassed him when he first got there, but I havent heard anything else after that incident.

Bret graduated in 04, which means he played in the fall of 03
Clinton graduated in 05, played in the fall of 04

Lindley was the OC before Whatley arrived.  He's a real nice guy, but horrible OC.  IMO you have to at least have played football at one time in your life, so you know what the game actually "feels" like and I don't think Lindley ever did.  Plus he played waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too many favorites while real good kids sat the bench.  McDonald's Sr year there was a kid named Goffe that started the season at QB (6-5, 200, 4.6) p'sd Lindley off by throwing to a different WR than the coach "told" him to throw to and got benched.   He could have played WR too, but Lindley benched the kid his Sr season.  He went to UCA and tore things up last year as a walk on, made scout team player of the week a couple times.   Whatley comes in and 95% of the time the most talented players are on the field not the coaches favs.   

hornet2

Quote from: BUGEATERS on April 26, 2006, 09:55:21 pm

In 2004, Clinton McDonald and company Sr year they beat FC 14-7 at FC. They had size and speed, but with CM and Matt Riser among others they had heart and fight, something that is real hard to come by. If that team would have had Whatley's offense they possibly could have won it all. Yes I said "all". The games they lost where winable, and where withing a TD. The reason they lost the games they did is b/c they had a TERRIBLE offense, and allot of times the coach calling the plays had no idea what he was doing. Defense kept them in games, that they won and offense lost the games for them they lost.

If the 2004 team was so good, then why did they get blown out by Bryant in the playoffs and why did Coach Watson throw the biggest fit on the field that the Bryant radio announcers had ever seen on Bryant Field?

powerlifter90

Quote from: hornet2 on May 04, 2006, 12:50:18 am

In 2004, Clinton McDonald and company Sr year they beat FC 14-7 at FC. They had size and speed, but with CM and Matt Riser among others they had heart and fight, something that is real hard to come by. If that team would have had Whatley's offense they possibly could have won it all. Yes I said "all". The games they lost where winable, and where withing a TD. The reason they lost the games they did is b/c they had a TERRIBLE offense, and allot of times the coach calling the plays had no idea what he was doing. Defense kept them in games, that they won and offense lost the games for them they lost.

If the 2004 team was so good, then why did they get blown out by Bryant in the playoffs and why did Coach Watson throw the biggest fit on the field that the Bryant radio announcers had ever seen on Bryant Field?

b/c they were outplayed and outcoached, but how did that AWESOME Bryant team do later on in the po's?   

Too bad Jax and Bryant couldn't play in 06, same score, different winner

I didn't see Coach Watson throw a "fit", known the man for years, haven't ever seen him throw a "fit".  Maybe the announcers were sampling too much of the "erb"

BGFBPLAYER

the 03-04 team slaughtered us at mtn home but we beat them the 04-05 season when they had terrod hatcher and mcdonald as seniors. they shoulda done what they did at cabot all year and left mcdonald at fullback.

GoldenLion30

59boy05

Quote from: hornet2 on May 04, 2006, 12:50:18 am

If you knew wat was going on with the oc you would know why he got upset.  He was trying to throw the ball instead of running it behind watson and ottis against their weak d-line.  when they went to the diamond offense and start running it the offense was killing bryant defense

Majique™

Who cares...(hee hee)!

Good luck to the Red Devils this season....give the 6A heck !

rzbker1974

Devil Spirit-we got more-we're the class of 74'!!!!..............Errrraaaa.......sorry, got caught up in the moment and had a flashback. That's what happens when you killed too many brain cells...........

As always, Go Red Devils.......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas