• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pre Week 3 Top Ten - Decided by Fans

Started by AT, September 12, 2017, 08:37:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Top Ten - Poll Points (First Place Votes) - Movement in Polls
1. Pulaski Academy - 199 (19) - N/A
2. Wynne - 170 - N/A
3. Little Rock Christian - 159 - N/A
4. Morrilton - 135 - N/A
5. Harrison - 94 - ^4
6. Alma - 84 - v1
7. White Hall - 80 (1) - ^3
8. Little Rock McClellan - 63 - N/A   
9. Watson Chapel - 52 - v3
10. Nettleton - 38 - NR

Others receiving votes:
Beebe - 11, Batesville - 10, Sylvan Hills - 4, Little Rock Parkview - 1   

Pollsters: (20)
Almatrackster, Bigboy36, PA Dad, DEVIL DOG HOG, Youngsta71701, GhostofRosswoodCC, InYoGrill, Overdahill, woopork, Deuceswild, j-mann raider 02, Rick Swines, AIREDALE25, redsport27, Pwil11, Lionheart88, Lumberjackfan1978, GuvHog, proud_dad, MDXPHD

AT

Week 3 Games for Top Ten Teams
1. Pulaski Academy vs. Bossier City Parkway, LA

2. Wynne @ Beebe

3. Little Rock Christian vs. 5. Harrison

4. Morrilton @ Searcy

5. Harrison @ 3. Little Rock Christian

6. Alma vs. Greenwood

7. White Hall vs. Sheridan

8. Little Rock McClellan @ Little Rock Hall

9. Watson Chapel vs. Warren

10. Nettleton @ Star City

Wildcat Football

LR Parkview Patriots are for real ya'll with Coach Brad Bolding. He has some really good speed and quickness on offense AND defense by bringing in some NLR Transfers (Hadley LB and Allman QB dual threat super quick).  By the end of the year, they will be in the hunt during the playoffs...you heard it hear first and Hooten's is missing this team and coach big time in rankings!  LR Parkview will bring back some pride to Central Ark HS football like LR McClellan has done the last few years with Coach Moody.  Patriots will get better every week and be a contender by week 10. Bolding is the real deal.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Wildcat Football on September 13, 2017, 09:46:11 am
LR Parkview Patriots are for real ya'll with Coach Brad Bolding. He has some really good speed and quickness on offense AND defense by bringing in some NLR Transfers (Hadley LB and Allman QB dual threat super quick).  By the end of the year, they will be in the hunt during the playoffs...you heard it hear first and Hooten's is missing this team and coach big time in rankings!  LR Parkview will bring back some pride to Central Ark HS football like LR McClellan has done the last few years with Coach Moody.  Patriots will get better every week and be a contender by week 10. Bolding is the real deal.

Wait, "he" brought in the transfers?  Isn't that like the textbook definition of recruiting??

Just kidding.  Kids in the metro area transfer all the time.  We see it every year with Maumelle/NLR.

BTW, I think I know the Allman kid you're talking about.  If we're talking about the same one, he's a great kid and a great athlete.  I would have thought he was a linebacker.

Overdahill

Quote from: Wildcat Football on September 13, 2017, 09:46:11 am
LR Parkview Patriots are for real ya'll with Coach Brad Bolding. He has some really good speed and quickness on offense AND defense by bringing in some NLR Transfers (Hadley LB and Allman QB dual threat super quick).  By the end of the year, they will be in the hunt during the playoffs...you heard it hear first and Hooten's is missing this team and coach big time in rankings!  LR Parkview will bring back some pride to Central Ark HS football like LR McClellan has done the last few years with Coach Moody. Patriots will get better every week and be a contender by week 10. Bolding is the real deal.

Glad to hear it

AT

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 12, 2017, 08:45:18 pm

2. Wynne @ Beebe

4. Morrilton @ Searcy

6. Alma vs. Greenwood

My picks:

Pulaski Academy pulls away late.

Wynne beats Beebe by a sizable margin.

Harrison beats LRC in a close one.

Morrilton has trouble with Searcy, but is able to win it.

Alma loses to Greenwood by 3-4 scores.

White Hall beats Sheridan by a good margin.

McClellan beats Hall pretty well.

Watson Chapel is in the game until the end, but Warren pulls it out.

Nettleton beats Star City by two scores.

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 12, 2017, 08:45:18 pm

2. Wynne @ Beebe

4. Morrilton @ Searcy

6. Alma vs. Greenwood

My picks:

PA wins fairly easily.

LRCA wins a close game.

Morrilton wins by two scores.

Greenwood wins easily.

White Hall wins big.

McClellan wins in a blowout.

Watson Chapel wins a close game.

Nettleton beats Star City.

Pwil11

Quote from: PA Dad on September 13, 2017, 09:11:37 pm
My picks:

PA wins fairly easily.

LRCA wins a close game.

Morrilton wins by two scores.

Greenwood wins easily.

White Hall wins big.

McClellan wins in a blowout.

Watson Chapel wins a close game.

Nettleton beats Star City.

Dang.  Hating on Wynne?  Cant pick that game?  LOL

PA Dad

Quote from: Pwil11 on September 14, 2017, 09:44:32 am
Dang.  Hating on Wynne?  Cant pick that game?  LOL

Sorry.  I just missed that game.

Wynne by 3 touchdowns.

Pwil11

PA Dad I thought JessieP might of hacked your account and posted for you.  Everyone knows how much of a Wynne fan he is. 

Bigred18

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 13, 2017, 06:20:16 pm
My picks:

Pulaski Academy pulls away late.

Wynne beats Beebe by a sizable margin.

Harrison beats LRC in a close one.

Morrilton has trouble with Searcy, but is able to win it.

Alma loses to Greenwood by 3-4 scores.

White Hall beats Sheridan by a good margin.

McClellan beats Hall pretty well.

Watson Chapel is in the game until the end, but Warren pulls it out.

Nettleton beats Star City by two scores.

If mistakes become an issue in the Searcy vs Morrilton game I can see Searcy winning a close one.

Go Postal

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 12, 2017, 08:37:45 pm
2. Wynne - 170 - N/A
4. Morrilton - 135 - N/A
5. Harrison - 94 - ^4
6. Alma - 84 - v1
10. Nettleton - 38 - NR

Others receiving votes:

Almatrackster, Bigboy36, PA Dad, DEVIL DOG HOG, Youngsta71701, GhostofRosswoodCC, InYoGrill, Overdahill, woopork, Deuceswild, j-mann raider 02, Rick Swines, AIREDALE25, redsport27, Pwil11, Lionheart88, Lumberjackfan1978, GuvHog, proud_dad, MDXPHD
Harrison might move up or even stay the same with their 7 point loss.  If not I'm still happy on how the team is performing so far.  LRCA is a great team also and could move up or stay the same.  I'm basing my thoughts on tonight's game stats below...
Unofficial stats:
LRCA QBs went 20 for 27 with 279 yds in passing.  They had 233 yds rushing for a total of offense of 512 yds.

Harrison QB went 18 for 24 with 255 yds in passing.  They had 284 yds rushing for a total of offense of 539 yds.

512 + 539 = 1051 yds total offense on tonight's game.  But don't let that number fool you because both teams did some great defense, for example in the 4th quarter with all starters still in, Harrison had the only score though both teams went a lot on 4th down where the defense held.  I will have to go back and watch this game again on Youtube.

woopork

I know nothing about Van Buren, but Siloam beat em by 14. Makes the Goblins win look better than I thought.

ftbllgd7566

Predictions for the Searcy/Morrilton game. Searcy put the SMACKDOWN on the dogs. Morrilton has a good team though. Good size at the LB position and several great athletes on offense. Searcy was just too much for them. Searcy is a serious 6A east contender.

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 12, 2017, 08:37:45 pm
2. Wynne - 170 - N/A
4. Morrilton - 135 - N/A
5. Harrison - 94 - ^4
6. Alma - 84 - v1
10. Nettleton - 38 - NR

Others receiving votes:

Four of the top ten teams lost tonight.  The real shocker to me was the loss by Morrilton, and particularly the margin.

The polls will be interesting this week.

the voice

Searcy has great size on the lines. Lots of speed on offense. Not many people get behind the dogs secondary. They are a great team. Even if the untimely turnovers hadn't happened for morrilton I don't think they could have kept up. The margin wouldn't have been as big. I'm not worried honestly, I have to agree they are a contender in the 6a. Morrilton is going to win a lot of ball games in the 5a.  Seeing what I did tonight I take nothing from Searcy. On most touchdown throws our secondary couldn't have played the routes any better. Step for step with the receivers almost the entire night. The qb had great touch and put the ball in perfect.  Morrilton being very talented but young learned lots tonight. Both teams tonight will do well in conference.

woopork

Lets go ahead and see a premature one from you Dad.

PA Dad

Quote from: woopork on September 16, 2017, 12:07:06 am
Lets go ahead and see a premature one from you Dad.

I'm going to have to give it a lot of thought.  I'm not ready yet.

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on September 16, 2017, 12:05:45 am
Searcy has great size on the lines. Lots of speed on offense. Not many people get behind the dogs secondary. They are a great team. Even if the untimely turnovers hadn't happened for morrilton I don't think they could have kept up. The margin wouldn't have been as big. I'm not worried honestly, I have to agree they are a contender in the 6a. Morrilton is going to win a lot of ball games in the 5a.  Seeing what I did tonight I take nothing from Searcy. On most touchdown throws our secondary couldn't have played the routes any better. Step for step with the receivers almost the entire night. The qb had great touch and put the ball in perfect.  Morrilton being very talented but young learned lots tonight. Both teams tonight will do well in conference.

I've read several posts from fans who are very high on Searcy.  And, I didn't mean to diss Morrilton with my comment.  I picked Morrilton to win and the margin of defeat jumped out at me.

the voice

Didn't take it that way at all . About mid way through the third I think after a turnover you could see the youth start coming out. They had to learn ,  Searcy is a much improved team from last year. I was a little concerned going in to the game. Even though part of me was thinking they could be overrated , like times before.  I was told Alabama was there watching a lineman. They are a big team which will help them later in season.

Morrilton will bounce back. Some of the pups grew up tonight.

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on September 16, 2017, 12:19:51 am
Didn't take it that way at all . About mid way through the third I think after a turnover you could see the youth start coming out. They had to learn ,  Searcy is a much improved team from last year. I was a little concerned going in to the game. Even though part of me was thinking they could be overrated , like times before.  I was told Alabama was there watching a lineman. They are a big team which will help them later in season.

Morrilton will bounce back. Some of the pups grew up tonight.

I have no doubt that Morrilton will do very well this year.

ftbllgd7566

I agree with that and I hope my posts didn't come off as downing Morrilton. They're a good team. #7 is an ATHLETE!! Like you said, I believe both teams will do very well in their conferences. It's been a while since Searcy has had a dominant team, so I guess I got a little excited!   ;D ;D ;D Good luck to the Devil Dogs this year!

PA Dad

Quote from: ftbllgd7566 on September 16, 2017, 12:40:41 am
I agree with that and I hope my posts didn't come off as downing Morrilton. They're a good team. #7 is an ATHLETE!! Like you said, I believe both teams will do very well in their conferences. It's been a while since Searcy has had a dominant team, so I guess I got a little excited!   ;D ;D ;D Good luck to the Devil Dogs this year!

There was nothing wrong with your post.  You were respectful to Morrilton.  And there's nothing wrong with being excited about your team.  I'll be following Searcy this year.  It would be good for 6A if Searcy shakes things up.

ftbllgd7566

I agree. It's been the same 2 or 3 teams running the conference every year and the South winning the championship. Obviously I'd like to see Searcy run the table and win it all, however, if a team from the East could step up and dethrone Greenwood, I'd be very happy! Supposedly, there were some big time scouts (Alabama) there tonight to watch a couple of Searcy's players. I know Cantrell Green (offensive tackle) is getting serious looks from Arkansas and others. I'm extremely excited to watch this season play out. It'll be a good one!

MDXPHD

the voice

I heard there was a scout there. I know that #7 who is a soph has already had visitors from Fayetteville as well. He is a player. It was an impressive team from Searcy. I figured #71 had some there to watch him.

InYoGrill

Hats off to Lr Parkview playing NLR tough! Isn't that coach Bolding over there playing his ex team? Bet a lot of emotion in that game. Good job Patriots

woopork

What were the Shucker kids stats last night? A lot of times there were no busted coverage. He was just dropping dimes and his receivers were catching the ball.

the voice

I'm not sure but he had a great game. I agree , it'd be hard to cover much better. 

ftbllgd7566

Quote from: woopork on September 16, 2017, 08:36:44 am
What were the Shucker kids stats last night? A lot of times there were no busted coverage. He was just dropping dimes and his receivers were catching the ball.

Mason Schucker went 14-29 for 455 yards, 5 tds and 2 INT.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas