• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkway at PA

Started by PA Dad, September 08, 2017, 11:37:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

Parkway (Bossier City, LA) is ranked 319 in the nation and 6 in Louisiana by MaxPreps.  PA plays them at home.  The game will be on ESPNU and will start at 9p.m.

Parkway played Pearl, MS tonight.  I have not seen a final but Parkway was trailing at halftime 30-14.  Pearl is ranked 118 in the nation and 2 in Mississippi.

Parkway lost its starting QB for the year last week.  But, they have great athletes including two that are highly recruited by top schools.

I look for a hard fought, highly competitive game.  I'm giving PA a slight edge because they are at home and their scheme is hard to prepare for in a week.

Maynard G Krebs

Excited about this game and expect it to be a good one.  May have to leave work early Friday, go home and take a nap so I can stay awake with that late start and all.
ESPN presence should increase the excitement level.

Overdahill

We should learn a lot from this one. I also like PA at home in a competitive 4 qtr game

eldofan

Lost the big receiver Marshall in the 1st quarter last night also .

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: eldofan on September 09, 2017, 05:13:06 pm
Lost the big receiver Marshall in the 1st quarter last night also .

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2017/09/08/parkways-terrace-marshall-leaves-field-gurney/648951001/ 

Those guys are having a rough season on the injury front.  I was really hoping to see them both play.

STBruin

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 10, 2017, 09:35:11 am
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2017/09/08/parkways-terrace-marshall-leaves-field-gurney/648951001/ 

Those guys are having a rough season on the injury front.  I was really hoping to see them both play.

Hate that for them...the PA boys were really looking forward to playing them with both the QB and the WR. Wonder if ESPN will drop the game.

Hgalum50

Gotta go with Parkway! That Louisiana talent  is tough!

JessieP

Even at full strength PA would be a clear favorite. I don't get why everyone is so quick to disparage out of state teams PA plays. Have a little self pride. I myself always cheer them on when they represent Arkansas. I admonish people to watch the PA/East Salt Lake game, PA was physically outgunned, by a large margin, and they hung in there. They lost but it wasn't a blowout, not by a longshot. East mixes it up with the likes of De La Salle and Bishop Gorman. It never fails, every time PA beats an out of state team the board lights up with post that point out how bad the other team was.  Like them or not they are a great team that does Arkansas proud.

MDXPHD

Was looking forward to seeing a good matchup. Unfortunately, PA will probably run away with this. Hard to lose two players of that caliber and still be able to compete with a team like PA.

Quote from: JessieP on September 12, 2017, 01:01:21 am
Even at full strength PA would be a clear favorite. I don't get why everyone is so quick to disparage out of state teams PA plays. Have a little self pride. I myself always cheer them on when they represent Arkansas. I admonish people to watch the PA/East Salt Lake game, PA was physically outgunned, by a large margin, and they hung in there. They lost but it wasn't a blowout, not by a longshot. East mixes it up with the likes of De La Salle and Bishop Gorman. It never fails, every time PA beats an out of state team the board lights up with post that point out how bad the other team was.  Like them or not they are a great team that does Arkansas proud.

Well, that's not true.

Maynard G Krebs

^^Rip VanWinkle has awakened😀😀

MDXPHD

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 12, 2017, 08:28:09 am

Was looking forward to seeing a good matchup. Unfortunately, PA will probably run away with this. Hard to lose two players of that caliber and still be able to compete with a team like PA.

Well, that's not true.

I guess we have very different views on what constitutes a blowout. To me 37-23 is not a blowout. Even if the losing team only has 15 late in the game, it's still not a blowout. To me a school with 350 students losing to a school with 2,700 by 14 is not a blowout. To me a school with 5 players that sign sign full ride scholarships to D1 Power five conferences versus a school that has none, beating them by 14 is not a blowout. To me a school who's O-Line averages 6'4, 267 lbs beating a school who's Defensive line averages 5'11, 223 lbs by 14 points is not a blowout. To me a school beating a team by 14 points and then beating the 4th ranked team in America (De La Salle, who just ended Bishop Gorman's 54 game win streak) by 11 points, is not a blowout. So explain to me how my observation was not true?

PA dismantling Wynne, without breaking a sweat, was a blowout. Wynne crushing Batesville was a blowout. 14 points is a blowout in NO ONE'S book.

The_Pioneer

Well geez, I guess we have to use Jess' definition as the definitive definition of blowouts from now on.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on September 12, 2017, 02:39:46 pm
I guess we have very different views on what constitutes a blowout. To me 37-23 is not a blowout. Even if the losing team only has 15 late in the game, it's still not a blowout. To me a school with 350 students losing to a school with 2,700 by 14 is not a blowout. To me a school with 5 players that sign sign full ride scholarships to D1 Power five conferences versus a school that has none, beating them by 14 is not a blowout. To me a school who's O-Line averages 6'4, 267 lbs beating a school who's Defensive line averages 5'11, 223 lbs by 14 points is not a blowout. To me a school beating a team by 14 points and then beating the 4th ranked team in America (De La Salle, who just ended Bishop Gorman's 54 game win streak) by 11 points, is not a blowout. So explain to me how my observation was not true?

PA dismantling Wynne, without breaking a sweat, was a blowout. Wynne crushing Batesville was a blowout. 14 points is a blowout in NO ONE'S book.

37-15 late in the game isn't a blowout? C'mon...PA fans will tell you they didn't compete well with Salt Lake. This isn't even taking anything away from PA, they were clearly the best team in 5A last year...but Salt Lake blew them out and had little to no trouble with them. It doesn't matter to me how they didn't match up well, or that East had way more d1 players...that's not what we are talking about.

Red Devil Alum

I'm not sure about definitions of blow outs, etc., but that year's PA and that year's SLC teams could have played 10 times and PA may not have won once.

JessieP

September 12, 2017, 08:07:14 pm #15 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:09:24 pm by JessieP
Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 12, 2017, 05:39:07 pm
I'm not sure about definitions of blow outs, etc., but that year's PA and that year's SLC teams could have played 10 times and PA may not have won once.

I agree, I was simply making the point they hung in there. I do respect PA and enjoy when they represent Arkansas well. No question their the best in the 5A, I wasn't implying they could beat East, I just don't consider that a blowout. I am full aware that PA is never even the best high school football team in the state of Arkansas. The way I look at it is that Wynne, Batesville or any other 5A team would have been mercy ruled in the first half, my definition of a blowout. I guess there is a happy medium between MDX and me. I don't usually label something a blowout if it's within 3 td's where as MDX considers 10 points a blowout. To me, and most people I talk football with a blowout indicates there is no chance, none, zero, nada for the losing team to come back. Is 34-10 a blowout? some would say "of course" , I would reply "ask Texas A&M about that".

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on September 12, 2017, 08:07:14 pm
I agree, I was simply making the point they hung in there. I do respect PA and enjoy when they represent Arkansas well. No question their the best in the 5A, I wasn't implying they could beat East, I just don't consider that a blowout. I am full aware that PA is never even the best high school football team in the state of Arkansas. The way I look at it is that Wynne, Batesville or any other 5A team would have been mercy ruled in the first half, my definition of a blowout. I guess their is a happy medium between MDX and me. I don't usually label something a blowout if it's within 3 td's where as MDX considers 10 points a blowout. To me, and most people I talk football with a blowout indicates there is no chance, none, zero, nada for the losing team to come back. Is 34-10 a blowout? some would say "of course" , I would reply "ask Texas A&M about that".
All good points. I will say, in 2011 PA was the best team in the state of Arkansas hands down.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 12, 2017, 08:28:09 am

Well, that's not true.

PA's fiercest critic is back!  I've missed the debate with you.  It's good to have you back.

I hope all went well with that little test you had to take lately.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on September 13, 2017, 09:33:24 pm
PA's fiercest critic is back!  I've missed the debate with you.  It's good to have you back.

I hope all went well with that little test you had to take lately.

It's good to be back! And thanks. That little test sure was brutal, but it's behind me now. I've been busy trying to get used to this whole work thing so I haven't been on the boards much.

Does parkway have athletes good enough to match PA other than those two who were injured?

DatBoot

Top post said 9pm? Surely that isn't true is it?? I wouldn't think so with other team having to travel home, but since it's ESPNU then I can see why. Just curious, in case I get home in time to catch some of it.

FoxandHound34

9 is the starting time, and I bet Parkways stays in LR for the night after the game as well

DatBoot

Sweet hope to put the women and children to bed and go looking for supper lol

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 14, 2017, 06:02:27 am
It's good to be back! And thanks. That little test sure was brutal, but it's behind me now. I've been busy trying to get used to this whole work thing so I haven't been on the boards much.

Does parkway have athletes good enough to match PA other than those two who were injured?

I really don't know much about Parkway but I suspect they have some dang good athletes.  I think it would have been a very competitive game without the injuries.  And it may still be one.

Maynard G Krebs

I scanned the Parkway roster on MaxPreps.  They have tons of players on the team, size of linemen comparable to PA (they may be a little smaller), but their skill position players have better size compared to PA. 

Overdahill

I better take a nap this afternoon if I am going to handle a 9:00 pm start time. GO BRUINS !  :)

STBruin

Quote from: Overdahill on September 15, 2017, 05:47:38 am
I better take a nap this afternoon if I am going to handle a 9:00 pm start time. GO BRUINS !  :)

I was thinking the same thing! Being on TV, this game could go 4 hours, LATE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be there...Go Bruins!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: STBruin on September 15, 2017, 09:40:56 am
I was thinking the same thing! Being on TV, this game could go 4 hours, LATE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be there...Go Bruins!

I hope ESPN gets a good shot of me in the stands.  Too bad my limo driver has to stay in the car.

Red Devil Alum

What do my fellow Bruins think the crowd will be like? The late start will keep it down some I'm assuming. Also, how are the new stands on the west side of the home side?

Maynard G Krebs

I know of some regulars that are going to stay home and watch.  Partly because of the late kick off and some for the novelty of being on tv and the production bells and whistles

JessieP

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 15, 2017, 11:01:49 am
I know of some regulars that are going to stay home and watch.  Partly because of the late kick off and some for the novelty of being on tv and the production bells and whistles

I got a long drive to Mountain Home tonight. I'm Tivo'ing the game. I sure hope your not going to be a stay at home watcher. I had my heart set on seeing you in the stands shirtless, wearing one of those helmets with the beer cans and tube to your mouth, chest painted and holding a foam finger. Late in the game I could point out to my wife "Look, that guy being led away handcuffed by police is Maynard". Good luck tonight, win one for Arkansas.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on September 15, 2017, 11:25:25 am
I got a long drive to Mountain Home tonight. I'm Tivo'ing the game. I sure hope your not going to be a stay at home watcher. I had my heart set on seeing you in the stands shirtless, wearing one of those helmets with the beer cans and tube to your mouth, chest painted and holding a foam finger. Late in the game I could point out to my wife "Look, that guy being led away handcuffed by police is Maynard". Good luck tonight, win one for Arkansas.

That's funny.  Tell your wife , "Don't look Ethyl"

JessieP

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 15, 2017, 11:57:34 am
That's funny.  Tell your wife , "Don't look Ethyl"

LOL. I'm old enough to get that.

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 15, 2017, 09:44:46 am
I hope ESPN gets a good shot of me in the stands.  Too bad my limo driver has to stay in the car.

Its ok, i can sit in your limo and watch since it undoubtedly has a TV plus the "#10" driver  8)

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on September 15, 2017, 12:18:41 pm
Its ok, i can sit in your limo and watch since it undoubtedly has a TV plus the "#10" driver  8)

She gets lonely sometimes and I'm sure she would enjoy your company providing your intentions are pure.

Overdahill

Maynard G Krebs

September 15, 2017, 12:27:29 pm #35 Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:41:21 pm by Maynard G Krebs

I hope to be part of the half time entertainment.  Any requests? 

Maynard G Krebs

September 15, 2017, 12:39:35 pm #36 Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:41:34 pm by Maynard G Krebs
well it looks I have some research to do re photobucket sharing.  above post not working as I meant

fixed it.

PA Dad

MDXPHD

Announcer just said the qb who was injured a few weeks ago tore his ACL, mcl, pcl, and lcl. That's rough. I feel for the kid. Also said the wr fractured his fibula last week. Those are both terrible injuries.

Parkway has some decent athletes but you can tell this is a backup QB. PA is going to win this by several tds. They're not going to lose this season.

Overdahill

Our running game is looking promising

PA Dad

I'm still worried about pass defense.  If their QB was accurate they'd have a couple more TD's.

polksalet

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on September 15, 2017, 09:59:08 pm
I'm still worried about pass defense.  If their QB was accurate they'd have a couple more TD's.

True

Overdahill

Maynard G Krebs

September 15, 2017, 10:03:38 pm #44 Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:05:09 pm by Maynard G Krebs
28-7. 2nd @ 9:18

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on September 15, 2017, 09:59:08 pm

Lucky for you guys, Wynne can't throw the ball. Or catch. 

JacketFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 15, 2017, 10:04:28 pm
Lucky for you guys, Wynne can't throw the ball. Or catch.
We will see come playoff time :) :)

MDXPHD

Quote from: JacketFan on September 15, 2017, 10:09:41 pm
We will see come playoff time :) :)

I know Wynne likes to boast, but boasting that you know how to pass or catch is just uncalled for. Let's calm that down.

PA Dad

I'm getting more and more worried about pass defense.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on September 15, 2017, 10:12:55 pm
I'm getting more and more worried about pass defense.

It would certainly be a different game if they had the number 3 dual threat qb in the country and the top wr in the country. Y'all have some holes. They have had some big 4th down conversions though

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas