• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A 2018-20 Conference Alignments are Out

Started by Brian G, September 06, 2017, 06:36:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

AT

Welcome back, Huntsville! We'll probably say bye to you in two years as usual.

tmycjy

I am shock on where wynne was put for the other sports

tmycjy

would also like to know why all Conference don't have 8 team in each conference then I wouldnt mine where we were put if they cant explain this then why didn't wynne get put in the 4A-3 Conference then I say this isn't right and its not fair 

Intelligentsia

Just a few weeks ago, there was talk among school administrtors of a separate conference configurations for soccer since there are a number of small schools without a soccer program.  Does anyone know if that is the case?  At one point even volleyball was included in that discussion.

The_Pioneer

To be fair, Wynne isn't exactly a powerhouse in any sport other than football.  Some of those are interesting setups but I'm certainly willing to give them a chance before I turn on the whine machine.

Go Postal

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 08, 2017, 08:25:43 am
Just a few weeks ago, there was talk among school administrtors of a separate conference configurations for soccer since there are a number of small schools without a soccer program.  Does anyone know if that is the case?  At one point even volleyball was included in that discussion.
I think that Farmington will be starting a soccer program soon to help fill out the 4A-1 to go with the other old 5A Harrison, Huntsville.  Shiloh though only has a girl's team in that program. Berryville has had a team for years but I would have to look back on the other towns to see if they have that program.  Northwest Ark should more than likely have Soccer teams

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Pioneer on September 08, 2017, 02:41:08 pm
To be fair, Wynne isn't exactly a powerhouse in any sport other than football.  Some of those are interesting setups but I'm certainly willing to give them a chance before I turn on the whine machine.

You have to admit though, that switching Wynne and Batesville Southside makes more sense in the non football setup. Wynne will have a lot of travel playing in the 4A-5.

The_Pioneer

I'm not concerned with Wynne's travel.  We here have always had to travel a lot from Batesville.  We're fairly isolated from the rest of the 5A East.  Wynne is the nearest and its 90 minutes from here. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas