• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview vs Hamburg

Started by Youngsta71701, September 06, 2017, 09:34:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Tmycjy predicts a home loss for the Cards. What say ye? Let the conversation begin.

My prediction: Camden Fairview 28 Hamburg 14

The A-Team

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 06, 2017, 09:34:13 am
Tmycjy predicts a home loss for the Cards. What say ye? Let the conversation begin.

My prediction: Camden Fairview 28 Hamburg 14
I agree with you Youngsta if CF has addressed the o-line and snapping issues. It may have been me but it seemed like the RBs couldn't get the ball before contact was made and the poor QB spent all his energy fielding balls like a shortstop. Plus I would have like to see him run the balla little more. If these issues are fixed:
CF 31 Hamburg 17

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The A-Team on September 06, 2017, 10:04:10 am
I agree with you Youngsta if CF has addressed the o-line and snapping issues. It may have been me but it seemed like the RBs couldn't get the ball before contact was made and the poor QB spent all his energy fielding balls like a shortstop. Plus I would have like to see him run the balla little more. If these issues are fixed:
CF 31 Hamburg 17
Honestly I think we beat Hamburg even if we have a few of those issues. Now if we clean it all the way it could get ugly. I also think our QB needs to run the ball a little bit more out of the read option. Right now he's a better runner than he is a passer. With some good development that could change.

Sports Guru

BigLion10

PA Dad

old.dole

I can see this being extremely close game. It has been the past few years. I'll go 35-28 cards

PapaHog

Here's to hoping for a better second half

spongebob

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 06, 2017, 10:31:34 am
Honestly I think we beat Hamburg even if we have a few of those issues. Now if we clean it all the way it could get ugly. I also think our QB needs to run the ball a little bit more out of the read option. Right now he's a better runner than he is a passer. With some good development that could change.
It was ugly alright....

NWA Hawg

spongebob

And to top the night off, Buck goes to NW Arkansas and beats the defending state champs on the road!

spongebob

The A-Team

Listening on the radio it sounds like CF offensive line is horrible. They had a -1 yards at halftime. Bad snaps continue to be a problem and the QB/RB are getting hit with no time to make a move or throw. I did hear the radio announcer say that one of the Hamburg D-lineman almost took the handoff on one play. Is that true?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: spongebob on September 08, 2017, 09:46:43 pm
It was ugly alright....
Yes it was. Horrible playcalling, horrible O-line play, horrible QB play and turnovers galore. Fred Lilly and Ricky Tucker, missing Coach James and his crew yet?! I'm thinking that maybe we should have hired Daryl Burnett. Bryant did beat Fayetteville last night ;D.

But there is one positive note. The defense is solid.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The A-Team on September 09, 2017, 12:09:44 am
Listening on the radio it sounds like CF offensive line is horrible. They had a -1 yards at halftime. Bad snaps continue to be a problem and the QB/RB are getting hit with no time to make a move or throw. I did hear the radio announcer say that one of the Hamburg D-lineman almost took the handoff on one play. Is that true?
Yep, the running back got the handoff just in time. Just in time to be hit!

spongebob

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 09, 2017, 05:08:43 am
Yes it was. Horrible playcalling, horrible O-line play, horrible QB play and turnovers galore. Fred Lilly and Ricky Tucker, missing Coach James and his crew yet?! I'm thinking that maybe we should have hired Daryl Burnett. Bryant did beat Fayetteville last night ;D.

Administration doesn't make mistakes remember?

spongebob

Youngsta, they're going 0 fer if they play like last night. Do you see a guaranteed W?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: spongebob on September 09, 2017, 09:55:04 am
Youngsta, they're going 0 fer if they play like last night. Do you see a guaranteed W?
No sir I sure don't. Hope maybe the closest to a guarantee. Heck even DeQueen beat Nashville last night.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: spongebob on September 09, 2017, 09:50:19 am
Administration doesn't make mistakes remember?
Yeah, that's what the Kool-Aid drinkers think.

The A-Team

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 09, 2017, 05:08:43 am

Play calling sounds simple as though the OC doesn't know what to call. O-line was getting beat badly and the QB couldn't get it going. But can the QB and backs get going with bad or no blocking. I thought the backs were fast?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The A-Team on September 09, 2017, 11:39:18 am
Play calling sounds simple as though the OC doesn't know what to call. O-line was getting beat badly and the QB couldn't get it going. But can the QB and backs get going with bad or no blocking. I thought the backs were fast?
The backs do look pretty fast. But even they can't do anything if they are getting hit as soon as they take the handoff. On one of the QB/RB exchanges the running back didn't even have time to take the handoff resulting in a fumble. Man it was crazy how much quick penetration they were getting right through the A and B gaps. Never seen anything like it.

The A-Team

Did #72 play any offensive plays last night? In your opinion, what can they do to get the line addressed. Is the QB big or small? I haven't seen him close up. He seemed to have taken a lot of hits in two weeks.

old.dole

PapaHog

September 09, 2017, 09:23:42 pm #23 Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:15:05 am by PapaHog
Ricky Tucker and Fred Lilly aren't missing anybody. They just keep letting them run off.

Hogman2018

Its not going to get any easier for the QB this week AHS will lay some licks on ur QB!  No way u would of beat Eldo even with Buck!

that1guy2110

Doesn't matter who is calling the plays or what plays are called if the defense is playing in the backfield all night long.

AHS06

Camden better figure out how to protect their QB before friday.  Arkansas High is going to be in the backfield all night.

Youngsta71701

September 11, 2017, 07:33:20 am #27 Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:35:12 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: that1guy2110 on September 10, 2017, 08:37:17 am
Doesn't matter who is calling the plays or what plays are called if the defense is playing in the backfield all night long.
That's called development. Good players can be developed not matter the position and right now these kids aren't being developed. The more talented players are gonna do what they do no matter what but the others have to be developed and right now I'm not seeing it. Some of these kids look the same way they did when they were in junior high. As far as play is concerned. Of course they are bigger and stronger though but seems like the mentality and quality of play hasn't improved very much.

Not to mention the play calling was horrendous.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: old.dole on September 09, 2017, 06:40:32 pm
Would be 2-0 if buck was there
I'm not sure about Eldorado but no doubt in my mind we would have beaten Hamburg. And by quite a bit. They weren't good at all but we were worse. At least on that night anyways.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AHS06 on September 10, 2017, 10:28:45 am
Camden better figure out how to protect their QB before friday.  Arkansas High is going to be in the backfield all night.
Better play calling can help protect the QB but it won't happen. I predict at least 10 sacks by Texarkana in the game.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 11, 2017, 07:36:12 am
Better play calling can help protect the QB but it won't happen. I predict at least 10 sacks by Texarkana in the game.

Wasn't you the one at the beginning of the year that was telling everyone how Camden had made the turn around and was on the up and up.

Youngsta71701

September 11, 2017, 07:54:56 am #31 Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:58:51 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: fann07 on September 11, 2017, 07:47:47 am
Wasn't you the one at the beginning of the year that was telling everyone how Camden had made the turn around and was on the up and up.
Right now it looks like I was wrong. That could change once conference play roles around. I knew the defense would be better but I also thought the offense and the offensive play calling would be better but right now it sucks along with the offensive line.

Hogman2018

Younsta u coming to Texarkana to the game Friday ?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 11, 2017, 07:54:56 am
Right now it looks like I was wrong. That could change once conference play roles around. I knew the defense would be better but I also thought the offense and the offensive play calling would be better but right now it sucks along with the offensive line.

I'm just picking with you Youngsta. I thought Camden would eb much improved this year as well but as you said the offensive line play is horrible.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 11, 2017, 10:40:52 am
Younsta u coming to Texarkana to the game Friday ?
Heck no! Won't even be worth the trip.

PapaHog

Just to be clear, the offensive play calling wasn't HORRIBLE last year.

Redbird88

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 11, 2017, 07:54:56 am
Maybe Randy could come up with a solution 😒

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Redbird88 on September 12, 2017, 07:25:11 pm
Maybe Randy could come up with a solution 😒
No doubt. He always has the answer ;D.

Redbird88

September 13, 2017, 08:51:27 am #38 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:38:11 am by Redbird88

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Redbird88 on September 13, 2017, 08:51:27 am
I wonder what his opinion is on the destruction of Monticello and Drew Central 😏

What do you mean about the destruction of Monticello and drew central?

PapaHog

Didn't Drew Central finally win a game for the first time in forever? That program is on the rise!

old.dole

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas