• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Wrestling Thread

Started by VHSCoach2, January 29, 2016, 11:06:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chaoslord

I know the Internet Wrestling Community is talking about how bad Wrestlemania was but I had a blast being there in person. Yeah, once I got home and thought about the implications of the matches, a lot of the results didn't make sense (Jericho over Styles, Charlotte retaining with Ric's interference for the 100th time, Lesnar completely squashing Dean after all the talk of how Dean was going to just keep getting up), granted, but the event itself was a fun time and the quality of the matches for the most part was high.

Really enjoyed Raw last night as well. Sad I couldn't have been there in person.

Lionheart88

Quote from: BigLion10 on April 03, 2016, 08:31:02 pm
HBK, Mick Foley and Stone cold come out and kick butt and take names on the League of Nations
From the clips I've seen since, Mick looked kinda sad.  I mean, he's been open and honest about being pretty broken down by all the insanity he went through over the years, but it was really clear in the way he limped down the ramp.  I'm almost surprised he'd risk the off chance of something happening, even in a situation like that.

chaoslord

Thinking about going to NXT Tulsa but we curious if all of the advertised stars will be there after the Lowell MA house show results. Might wait til after Monday and see

VHSCoach2

Lions84

I still like the Ole School stuff better .

VHSCoach2

WWE is splitting up the roster between Raw and Smackdown on Monday, July 11th.  Just like they did over a decade ago when Eric Bischoff was in charge of Raw and Paul Heyman was in charge of Smackdown.

In addition, Smackdown will move from Thursday's to Tuesday's starting July 19th and will air live instead of being taped.

Hornet4ever

I used to really enjoy the old school stuff. Best period of wrestling in my opinion was the 2002-2007 era. It has REALLY went down in my opinion, especially when the TV-14 was dropped and they wanted a rated G program. This was a mans soap opera, dumbing it down and making it weaker didn't do much for me. If they ever go back go to that I mignt watch again, but for now im okay without it.

VHSCoach2

Money in the Bank tonight has a stacked card. Should be a good show. Hopefully Dean Ambrose walks out with the briefcase (or, if he cashes in, the World Heavyweight title).

jking7

June 26, 2016, 08:43:08 pm #58 Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:57:35 pm by jking7
Anyone have any thoughts about the WWE draft on July 19th? I read that they are talking about bringing some veterans back so that the split rosters won't be thin plus apparently they are bringing up multiple NXT stars. Any thoughts? Or some people you would like to see return?

BigLion10

I love the draft a big fan of it

jking7

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 26, 2016, 09:43:05 pm
I love the draft a big fan of it
Same here. I'm actually pretty excited for it.

BigLion10

VHSCoach2

I'm interested to see what they are going to do with Roman Reigns following his suspension for a wellness policy violation. His 30 days is up 3 days before the Battleground pay-per-view next month, where he is scheduled to challenge Dean Ambrose for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in a match also featuring Seth Rollins.

Do they remove Roman from the match, or let him keep his spot despite failing a drug test?

jking7

June 27, 2016, 04:46:34 am #63 Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:48:43 am by jking7
Quote from: VHSCoach2 on June 27, 2016, 01:08:29 am
I'm interested to see what they are going to do with Roman Reigns following his suspension for a wellness policy violation. His 30 days is up 3 days before the Battleground pay-per-view next month, where he is scheduled to challenge Dean Ambrose for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in a match also featuring Seth Rollins.

Do they remove Roman from the match, or let him keep his spot despite failing a drug test?

Well as of now they still have him in all the promos and online ads for it but personally Id like to see Ambrose and Rollins go at it one V one but I imagine Reigns will probably still be in the match, Id be shocked If they let him win it back so fast. Id like to see Ambrose keep it at least a few months since He is alot more Exciting and Fresh then Reigns is anyways, Would  not mind Seeing Seth Rollins have it back for a lengthy time either although I feel He will probably be split from the other two after the Draft. I imagine they will create a 2nd world title again for the Brand split anyways.

BigLion10

I think they should make him sit out the entire ppv imo. Not a fan of reigns anyway but anyone else and they'd be sitting out

jking7

I think he should sit out as well.. if it was a mid card guy or a jobber they would be nowhere near a ppv ring but Roman is kinda Vince McMahon's guys so we shall see. I also am not a huge fan.. I dont think he is as bad as some make him out to be but I do think there are plenty of more talented guys on the roster.

VHSCoach2

The WWE Draft has come and gone and the Smackdown and Raw rosters are set. WWE provided us with a great Battleground PPV last night (Dean Ambrose!).  The only result from last night that left we asking, "Why?" was Natalya going over Becky Lynch.

BigLion10

Best match of the night was Owens vs Sami zayn

BigLion10

What a Monday Night Raw!!
New women's champion in Sasha Banks
2 fatal four ways with the winners facing each other in the main event to determine the number one contender for the new universal championship against Seth Rollins at SummerSlam with Roman Reigns and Fin Balor winning.

Then in the main event Balor defeating Reigns

VHSCoach2

Best Monday Night Raw this year most definitely, and perhaps in many years.  It seems Roman Reigns is still in the doghouse for his failed drug test.

But Sasha Banks, though! Well deserved for her!  8)

jking7

Best Smackdown In forever as well. the direction of both brands is great right now lets hope they keep it this way. SummerSlam has two very good Title matches now.

bleudog

July 29, 2016, 09:51:02 pm #71 Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 09:34:28 am by bleudog
Don't shoot the messenger, but here's something some of you might find of interest: 

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/07/26/wwe-wcw-ecw-100-best-wrestlers-all-time

BigLion10

What a load of crap poll. Goldberg at 60? Arguably one of the greatest wcw wrestlers of all-time. Triple H at 22 behind Daniel Bryan. Bob Backlund at 25. Kevin Nash at 91 C'mon man

HorseFeathers

i still watched wrestling when Goldberg made hisWCW debut with a 70something win streak...

BigLion10

Yea HF he went 173 straight before losing

Jack1990

And it took Scott Hall using a Taser for Kevin Nash to break the streak.

Longfellow

That's really how they did it? That's awesome!!

Jack1990

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 30, 2016, 07:09:29 am
Yea HF he went 173 straight before losing

173...lol...I had the 70 part right haha

VHSCoach2

In case anyone doesn't know, there will be a Smackdown house show at Verizon Arena in Little Rock on Sunday, September 18th.  I used the early on-sale code and nabbed some second row, ringside seats.

VHSCoach2

Smackdown was much better than Raw this week in week two of the brand split.

VHSCoach2

The streak of good, enjoyable Raws came to an end last night.

It was a drag to get trough that mess of three hours last night.

BigLion10

Yep, I'm ready for SummerSlam though

VHSCoach2

August 09, 2016, 08:54:24 pm #83 Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:56:54 pm by VHSCoach2
For the second week in a row, Smackdown knocked it out of the park and was much better than Raw.

Here's the updated SummerSlam card:

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton

WWE Universal Championship Match: Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins

WWE World Championship Match: Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

WWE Women's Championship Match: Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match: The Miz (c) vs. Apollo Crews

AJ Styles vs. John Cena

WWE Tag Team Championship Match: Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods (c) vs. Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows

Big Cass and Enzo Amore vs. Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens

WWE United States Championship Match: Rusev (c) vs. Roman Reigns

That's 5 matches for the Raw brand, 3 for Smackdown, and 1 interpromotional match.  Hopefully the Smackdown women get a match added to the card; I'm guessing it'll be Becky Lynch vs. Eva Marie.

VHSCoach2

I don't know if any of you are following the Cruiserweight Classic on the WWE Network, but Kota Ibushi and Cedric Alexander just had one heck of a match.  Go out of your way to watch it if you get the chance.

VHSCoach2

Raw was alright last night.  Certainly better than last week, but not up to par that is has been in recent weeks.

VHSCoach2

Smackdown won the battle again this week.  Getting through two hours of Smackdown is a breeze when the show is enjoyable every week.

Since the Draft:

Smackdown 3
Raw 1

VHSCoach2

Alberto Del Rio has been suspended for 30 days for his first violation of the wellness policy.

VHSCoach2

Paige has also been suspended for 30 days... and it's her birthday.

Also, her and Del Rio are dating.  They must have partied a little too much.

BigLion10

Big SummerSlam this Sunday gonna be good

VHSCoach2

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 17, 2016, 08:12:56 pm
Big SummerSlam this Sunday gonna be good

And NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn the night before!  I think both shows will be off the charts!

VHSCoach2

Eva Marie has been suspended for 30 days and has been removed from the Six-Woman Tag Team Match at SummerSlam.  It is now Becky Lynch, Carmella, and Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Natalya, and a partner to be determined.

BigLion10

Mystery partner hmmm... Bring back someone like Lita for one night that would be awesome

VHSCoach2

NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II results:

1. Austin Aries defeated No Way Jose

2. Ember Moon defeated Billie Kay

3. Bobby Roode defeated Andrade Almas

4. The Revival defeated Johnny Gargano and Tomasso Ciampa to retain the NXT Tag Team Championship

5. Asuka defeated Bayley to retain the NXT Women's Championship

6. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Samoa Joe to win the NXT Championship

BigLion10

What a SummerSlam WOW!! Crazy night

VHSCoach2

Match of the Night was AJ Styles vs. John Cena.  Nothing came close.

I am very disappointed that WWE had Nikki Bella get the win for her team, but considering she's Cena's girlfriend, I expected it.  Also disappointed that Sasha Banks lost the title, but she needs to take time off for injuries that she has had for a while now. However, I am glad they gave time to the women's matches. They got just at 25 minutes combined.

And I am tired of Brock Lesnar.  It won't be a day too soon when his contract expires and he decides not to re-sign.

Other notes: I'm glad the 12-Man Tag Match featuring Smackdown's tag teams got time to shine (almost 15 minutes) and I'm glad that Dean Ambrose retained his title.

BigLion10

I was glad Finn Balor won the Universal Title

BigLion10

August 22, 2016, 07:23:30 pm #97 Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 07:39:35 pm by BigLion10
Looks like Finn Balor is out 6 months with a torn Labrum and has turned in his title

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

Smackdown officially adds its titles and the build to Backlash on September 11th has begun!

Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Carmella (who turned heel tonight on Smackdown), Naomi, Natalya, and Nikki Bella will do battle in a Six-Pack Challenge for the Smackdown Women's Champion.

The Tournament Finals will take place to crown the first Smackdown Tag Team Champions.

Dean Ambrose will defend the WWE World Championship against AJ Styles.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas