• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot’s next HC?

Started by IAFLAR7, November 06, 2018, 12:09:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1thetruth

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on December 07, 2018, 09:54:17 pm
Shot...anybody can sit behind a keyboard and claim they KNOW who it is and then say "See I told you so" when it's announced.  You don't know sheet

You don't know sheet!!! Good one.....
I know the date and time Jesus will return......
I can't tell you, but I can tell you it will be soon. 

Baitshop

Well, I hope that he's coming after January 18th 'cause I have Aerosmith tickets in Vegas that night...

Oldbadger

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 15, 2018, 11:18:48 am
You don’t know sheet!!! Good one.....
I know the date and time Jesus will return......
I can’t tell you, but I can tell you it will be soon. 

One way to tell a charlatan, If they say they know this date, they are one.lol No one knows this.

7AFball

December 15, 2018, 09:06:07 pm #253 Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 09:12:54 am by 7AFball
 You all may be surprised. A 7A assistant coach (not from Cabot) told me who he suspected it was. Now, to just get the the new coach to stay for 25 years.. LOL
I know he is more of a spread offense guy and prone to pass the ball MANY times a game. Hey, it is all about wins, no matter how you get 'em. Zach Clark... NO WAY. Lot of reasons why. Jones is paid too much and will stay in Greenwood for sure. Patton has issues from the past but a decent coach. No longer is it who you were in the past per se. Are you capable of dealing with players today and their social situations compared to 15 years ago?? Lot to consider for a Board decision on whom to select for Cabot's new football HC.  :-\

GotInfo?

I'm not sure who will be hired, but the 2 names who are being said in a lot of coaching circles are Eldridge and Reed. Most of the coaches I know say that that whomever they hire, hasn't told their team or coaches yet, so it won't go down till Monday. But those same coaches told me, Cabot could be headed in a different direction all together...

mentallapse

fbhound

Well, I heard my next door neighbor telling my wife that she heard that her ADG newspaper carrier said he heard a guy at the gas station say that his wife was a realtor and showed 3 houses to an assistant coach from a LR school who said he might transfer to a town near Cabot as the assistant softball coach and knew that maybe Coach Malham would stay at Cabot if the pay was right. Gosh, you hear everything!

Truthfully

Oh, I just heard an hour ago that ..... oh well, I will just wait for channel 5, channel 7 or channel 10 to tell me who the new coach is. The ADG can be a day late in NWAR from the Central AR edition print of various news stories and obituaries, etc. And you have to pay extra to get the Central AR news if you go on-line, even if a NWAR subscriber. But, just for FF posters, I think the new coach will be from 7A or 6A and from an Arkansas school and not from out-of-state.

Personally, I know Bobby Bolding, and he would be a good choice. Anyone successful at Pine Bluff and Stuttgart prior to that has to have the ability to coach and teach discipline to his student athletes. He may have made contact with Cabot but his name is not mentioned much. We shall find out by Tuesday for sure..
Truthfully   ;)

AirWarren

Quote from: Truthfully on December 16, 2018, 02:52:44 pm
Oh, I just heard an hour ago that ..... oh well, I will just wait for channel 5, channel 7 or channel 10 to tell me who the new coach is. The ADG can be a day late in NWAR from the Central AR edition print of various news stories and obituaries, etc. And you have to pay extra to get the Central AR news if you go on-line, even if a NWAR subscriber. But, just for FF posters, I think the new coach will be from 7A or 6A and from an Arkansas school and not from out-of-state.

Personally, I know Bobby Bolding, and he would be a good choice. Anyone successful at Pine Bluff and Stuttgart prior to that has to have the ability to coach and teach discipline to his student athletes. He may have made contact with Cabot but his name is not mentioned much. We shall find out by Tuesday for sure..
Truthfully   ;)

There are no athletes in Cabot like there are in pine bluff or Stuttgart.

7AFball

Quote from: AirWarren on December 16, 2018, 03:14:22 pm
I agree with you AirWarren. But sometimes a change in scenery from one with so many mosquitoes and flat land with few trees and throwing in a decent salary might change someone's mind. Bobby had made some applications and inquiries in the past before leaving Stuttgart and also inquiries about openings since being in Pine Bluff. The talent base in Cabot might frustrate him, as you suggest. ;D

cabotpantherman

There are a couple of basketball and baseball players that are committed to play at SEC schools that could help the football team. Yes we do have athletes.

Arkansasprofit

How about his guy?

I don't know if Cabot is looking at him or not??????

El Dorado News-Times   02/17/2007

Board approves new coach

By JANICE McINTYRE    News-Times Staff   
   It took less than 10 minutes for members of the El Dorado School Board to return from their executive session and announce their decision to hire Scott Reed as the new head football coach for the El Dorado Wildcats.
   As head football coach for the Forrest City Mustangs since 2005, Reed said his team had not been in a huddle for two years and he believes in a "very fast offense."
   Reed, who met school board members, EHS officials, other Wildcat coaches, team members and interested Wildcat fans on Friday, said he is very excited about moving to El Dorado and coaching the Wildcats.
   He introduced his wife, Connie, and two sons, Taylor, an eighth-grade student, and Lucas, a sixth-grader.
   He said his Mustangs last year practiced running and passing the football and started from the shotgun formation about 60 percent of the time. Reed said one of the major advantages to the stepped up offense is being able to control the tempo of the game.
   The new Wildcat coach said he believes in everyone participating during practices. "We have no wasted time during practice. I hate to see kids standing and watching – I hate dead time. We practice fast everyday."
   "I'm excited about what I do," he said.
Reed said several Mustang teammates signed with colleges at the end of his first year of coaching at Forrest City.
   Reed grew up in Jacksonville, where he played football for his father, Bill Reed. He earned three letters in football, two in basketball and two in golf. He played on two state championship football teams and in 1978, was All-Conference and All-State Quarterback. In 1979, he was named Most Valuable Player, Arkansas High School All-Star Game.
   After graduation from high school, he attended the University of Arkansas where he played quarterback for Lou Holtz for four years and participated in three bowl games.
   Reed was an assistant coach under Razorback Coach Ken Hatfield from 1984 until 1987, and said during his first year, he coached Steve Atwater, who was drafted from the Razorbacks by the Denver Broncos, where he was picked in the first round of the NFL draft in 1989. Atwater played free safety for the Broncos for several years and signed with the New York Jets in 1999 before retiring from the game.
   From 1991-1994, Reed was assistant coach at Houston High School in Texas and from 1994-2002, he was football coach and math teacher at Bartlett High School in Tennessee. In 2001, in Region 7-5A, the team was tri-champion and Reed was named coach of the year in 2000. The team advanced to the semifinals for the first time in 1999.
   From 2002-2005, Reed served as an assistant football coach at Stephen F. Austin University in Nacogdoches, Texas, and coached quarterbacks, place kickers and punters.
   At Forrest City, the Mustangs experienced their first winning season in 10 years in 2005, and tied for second in their conference. Reed was in the top three finalists for Hooten's Arkansas 5A Coach of the Year.
   Reed thanked members of a football search committee, EHS Principal Larry Walters and Bob Watson, superintendent, and other board members for selecting him as head Wildcat football coach.
   Reed said before he accepted the position, he asked the superintendent at Forrest City for his opinion. He said the superintendent said he could only think of "50 million reasons for you to go."
   Last Saturday, the Reed family came to El Dorado to look around the town and visit areas of special interest. "We were impressed from top to bottom," he said. "We are thoroughly impressed and excited to be here."

7AFball

Quote from: cabotpantherman on December 16, 2018, 08:58:04 pm
There are a couple of basketball and baseball players that are committed to play at SEC schools that could help the football team. Yes we do have athletes.
You are right but football does require 55-65 players of which 20-24 need to be real good athletes to compete in 7A football. And basketball coaches HATE for their good players being in football and getting injured, not practicing shooting baskets, etc. and destroying their BB season. So, BB and baseball can get by with a lot less players than in football. NLR has 90-100 to pick from in football.  Having said this, I think a good FB coach, seeing Cabot as a nice, well situated city in northeast/central AR and with good players, might think he can run a different offense than "hand off straight ahead" football, and he might install at least a run-pass offense to keep defenses off balance.

I think MANY coaches would love Cabot's fans and administration and stadium setting, from what I have heard over the years. The next couple of days will tell us who might have done an in-depth evaluation of the potential that exists in Cabot. My daughter lives in Cabot and works in NLR and the daily drive is "worth it"... LOL    Good luck in getting a qualified coach to keep Cabot in the mix every year for a playoff spot in 7A.  ;)

Wolfpride

Rumor is that Reed said no.

Wolfpride

Cabotpantherman, who are the basketball players that have signed with SEC?  Jerrod was a basketball player and signed a football scholly........

CabotAlum

Wolfpride....... We have baseball players that have signed to play at SEC schools.  I don't think Cabotpantherman was implying to basketball too.

As for the new coach....... I personally don't think Reed or Jones is the answer.  We need someone who has proven he can take a program from scratch and rebuild. Our offense and defensive philosophies need to be changed and we need someone who can get the kids to buy into that and we as fans will have to be a little patient. You cant change a 30 year old culture overnight.

I guess we'll find out in a few hours.......... the recommendation for the new coach will be given to the school board tonight per a school release!

#1thetruth

Look like our coach is headed to Cabot..... Arky will find another good one soon!!!! Go Badgers

Walter

Did J. R. Eldridge announce to his team that he is leaving?

Rayburn

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 17, 2018, 03:10:21 pm
Look like our coach is headed to Cabot..... Arky will find another good one soon!!!! Go Badgers
You're OK. It ain't Eldridge.

cabotpantherman

I didn't make myself clear. We have 2 current Juniors that have committed to play baseball at the SEC level. One to the Hogs and the other to Kentucky. They both committed after there freshman year when both started as freshmen when Cabot won state. The two for basketball are both big and fast. They all can help next year either at wideout and running back.

#1thetruth

Quote from: Rayburn on December 17, 2018, 04:59:30 pm
You're OK. It ain't Eldridge.

Will see in a couple of hour. , Cabot board will meet to approve his package tonight.

cabotpantherman

I am hearing it is a coach from the southern part of the state.

R. A.™

Should be Reed from El Dorado

#1thetruth

It is Reed..... why did so many coaches turn this job down?

R. A.™

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 17, 2018, 07:23:16 pm
It is Reed..... why did so many coaches turn this job down?

How do we know someone turned it down?

AirWarren

December 17, 2018, 07:35:59 pm #275 Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 07:39:19 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: R. A.™ on December 17, 2018, 07:31:51 pm
How do we know someone turned it down?

This guy said it was JR and he is wrong at this point. I wouldn't pay much attention to him.

nudae58

Brian G

razorhogs

Jimbo Morphis

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: nudae58 on December 17, 2018, 07:43:58 pm
Not a big splash...
Many would consider him one of top 5 high school head coaches in the state.

cabotpantherman

Is he bringing his defense coordinator?

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: nudae58 on December 17, 2018, 07:43:58 pm
Not a big splash...

Splash don't win games.  Scott Reed does.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Well I hope you have some kids playing QB in Jr High that can throw the ball.  Reed will show you why the football has a pointy end. It's not for the FB to hang on to either.  ;D

bleudog

cabotpantherman

Great hire! This hire is coming full circle. Coach Malham worked for Scott's dad in Jacksonville and now Scott is taking over the helm from Malham. Read somewhere where Coach Reed wife is from Cabot. They have a son coaching at UCA which is only a 30 minute drive from Northern part of Cabot IE Greystone. I am sure that factored in the decision to leave El Dorado. I wander how more years Scott is planning on coaching?   

zebrafan

Rida4Life

Fantastic hire for the Panthers. 
Any clue how many assistants he will be able to bring with him?

Cabotfan

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 17, 2018, 03:10:21 pm

A swing and a miss!

AirWarren

Quote from: Cabotfan on December 18, 2018, 08:01:57 am
A swing and a miss!

This guy also said a couple months ago that he locked down treylon burks in 2017...then the next day...he was 45 and retired.

Rabhog

Quote from: AirWarren on December 16, 2018, 03:14:22 pm
Well the 7 and 8 grades have 2 teams each with 34/35 players on each that's about 140 players each year there should be some athletes up there

game on

Very good hire for Cabot.  In many ways Reed has a old school soul with a much more modern scheme approach.  He is going to have to develop some players to expand the offense but it will happen fairly quickly I think.

zebradynasty

rammer

I attended high school with him. He lived and breathed football, probably because he was the coaches (Bill Reed) son. I think this is a great hire by Cabot.

#1thetruth

Brian G

bleudog

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 17, 2018, 05:47:08 pm
Will see in a couple of hour. , Cabot board will meet to approve his package tonight.

TWSS

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

Quote from: B.G. on December 18, 2018, 04:38:17 pm
I hope you make it there.

Truth ages fast. 17 one year. Locking down Burks. 45 and retired the next year.

Maynard G Krebs

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas