• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haskell Harmony Grove 2-0

Started by Mulerider4Life, September 10, 2018, 07:41:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider4Life

Haskell Harmony Grove is proving people wrong. Yes they played some mediocre 3A teams, but they are showing some solid play. Looks like they had Gurdon's number. I think they go in and beat Bald Knob as well this weekend. May even get a win or two in conference. It is going to be tough though.

moneyminers

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on September 10, 2018, 07:41:45 am
Haskell Harmony Grove is proving people wrong. Yes they played some mediocre 3A teams, but they are showing some solid play. Looks like they had Gurdon's number. I think they go in and beat Bald Knob as well this weekend. May even get a win or two in the conference. It is going to be tough though.
Last year, they were shut out by one of the lower ranked 7-4A teams in ftn. lake and only one by 7 against another low ranked bauxite. IMO, it will be very rough for them in this conference though I do think they'll compete hard and might be able to pull off one against Malvern.

SR30

New coach, new system, and a team of players who beleive in their coaching staff. They are going to prove people wrong this year. Guthrie has weeded out the weak who didnt want to put in the work.

nomorewhining

I have a question. When Bauxite beats a couple of pretty good 2A teams, and a good 3A team, they are laughable. They are horrible and will get destroyed in 4A. But when HHG beats a couple of lower tier 3A teams, they are proving people wrong and will go far. I'm confused as to where the difference is. Are we actually making predictions, or are we just spewing hate?

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: nomorewhining on September 10, 2018, 10:33:32 am
I have a question. When Bauxite beats a couple of pretty good 2A teams, and a good 3A team, they are laughable. They are horrible and will get destroyed in 4A. But when HHG beats a couple of lower tier 3A teams, they are proving people wrong and will go far. I'm confused as to where the difference is. Are we actually making predictions, or are we just spewing hate?

Because Bauxite is suppose to be good. Harmony Grove has been picked all over the board to be bad, not just bad, but very bad. Bauxite has had so much talent come there way and hype that they really should be scheduling upper tier 3A Teams (Glen Rose is a good start). Why not schedule a team like LR Christian? Sheridan? Pulaski Academy? If Bauxite is the real deal, the coaches need to schedule bigger and badder teams. Harmony Grove is in a rebuilding year. Bauxite should be Harmony Grove by about 10 or 14 if everyone plays hard.   

SR30

Both teams HHG have played this year were in the same conference as them last year so the teams are not strangers. HHG also has dropped down to about 33 players on the team. I know Bauxite has several more. Calley dropped GR from the schedule this year before he jumped ship so this even gave HHG a less chance of being successful. Bauxite is expected to be good this year.

Coltfan2005

x14113

Fair reminder that last year's cellar team in the 4A-7 started 3-0...

Digger#23

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: x14113 on September 11, 2018, 09:42:51 pm
Fair reminder that last year's cellar team in the 4A-7 started 3-0...

I know HHG is going to drop some games, but this team may be one of the hardest working teams in the program's history. Not saying this will equal wins, but I am proud of this team over the past couple of Calley's teams.

WorkOrder

Moneymike

You can't compare Calleys teams with this HG team tho.. Calley like to air it out and Guthrie seems like a ground and pound guy! Both are top tier coaches IMO.. Guthrie and his staff got these dudes tough and will punch you in the mouth on a Friday night! Calley and Patton have Bauxite rolling as well and Bauxite might be one of the physically biggest team I've seen at the high school level in some years! Week 6 ought to be fun to watch.. get there early tho.. if they both pound it on the ground.. that game could last only an hour

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Moneymike on September 13, 2018, 10:11:58 pm
You can't compare Calleys teams with this HG team tho.. Calley like to air it out and Guthrie seems like a ground and pound guy! Both are top tier coaches IMO.. Guthrie and his staff got these dudes tough and will punch you in the mouth on a Friday night! Calley and Patton have Bauxite rolling as well and Bauxite might be one of the physically biggest team I've seen at the high school level in some years! Week 6 ought to be fun to watch.. get there early tho.. if they both pound it on the ground.. that game could last only an hour

Calley also alot of flash and hype. As soon as Calley left many players quit because they felt like they were not going to win. Those players are not needed in our program. The guys on the team now are workers. True players.

Moneymike

Football_Fan25

Quote from: Moneymike on September 13, 2018, 10:11:58 pm

Both are top tier coaches?  that's a far cry from the truth...What in the world has Guthrie accomplished?  nothing......

SR30

Probably accomplished more than you have..

Football_Fan25

Quote from: SR30 on September 14, 2018, 02:28:58 pm
Probably accomplished more than you have..
[/quote

Well.  Your right.   He accomplished blowing a lead and getting beat.  The boys looked flat and not ready for the game last night.  Thought Bald knob beat us on the line all night.

FoxandHound34

SR30

At least he accomplished becoming a head coach. Not a fan in the stand wanna be

Coltfan2005

As some coaches in Arkansas have proved, being a head coach can be as easy is getting a degree and being patient while kissing the right butt. Fortunately most are pretty good.

SR30

I promise you Guthrie is a class act. He wasnt even looking for the spot. Calley did them wrong the way he left. He wanted to make sure those kids on the field were taken care of and not dropped like a bad habit.

Football_Fan25

Quote from: SR30 on September 15, 2018, 07:51:24 pm
I promise you Guthrie is a class act. He wasnt even looking for the spot. Calley did them wrong the way he left. He wanted to make sure those kids on the field were taken care of and not dropped like a bad habit.

I see your on his band wagon...  good job.   Wave your foam #1 finger but it won't get you wins.

SR30

My son doesnt even play for him but I know him and what kind of man he is. Nice to see you have no faith and our not a proud supporter of Harmony Grove sportdls

VanillaThunder

i believe harmony grove may have won their last 2 games for a long time. 7-4a is a tough one.

DeeGee

Quote from: nomorewhining on September 10, 2018, 10:33:32 am

Well said! I totally agree qith you. Bauxite is a stronger team than HHG, I watched them both. Too many using their personal opinions and not doing basic math. But thats my opinion. HHG has not had a team for a long time. When the did get a team and started in the 3A, the were terrible but got better over time. Bauxiye has been around a long time and their newer coach has done a lot with rhem. Remember he was Fayettevilles old coach so if people think he can't build a winning team they are wrong.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 20, 2018, 03:00:34 pm
Remember he was Fayettevilles old coach so if people think he can't build a winning team they are wrong.

You've mentioned this twice now. Yes, we all know he used to coach Fayetteville and we also now why he's no longer there.

DeeGee

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 20, 2018, 03:58:59 pm
You've mentioned this twice now. Yes, we all know he used to coach Fayetteville and we also now why he's no longer there.

Yay for you????
Maybe that part had to be added for my reasoning. Did you think about that?  Go on somewhere with that. Read all the comments and tell me how many time people repeat themselves on different threads. Next......

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 20, 2018, 04:07:44 pm
Yay for you????
Maybe that part had to be added for my reasoning. Did you think about that?  Go on somewhere with that. Read all the comments and tell me how many time people repeat themselves on different threads. Next......

Next what? I'm not going anywhere, I've been on this site for 17 years. But hey, I'm glad you guys got a coach that used be in Fayetteville.

Good luck in your conference...

DeeGee

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 20, 2018, 04:16:52 pm
Next what? I'm not going anywhere, I've been on this site for 17 years. But hey, I'm glad you guys got a coach that used be in Fayetteville.
17 years and don't  know who I am. Smh.
First of all I don't live in Bauxite. I use to live in GR and my son played for them, he is now in college. My daughter choses to do school choice and is on cheer at Bauxite. I go to their games for my daughter. HHG was in my sons conference when they finally got a football team there. The next is for you tell me something new about myself because apparently these days on FF it seems everyone has went soft. People get their feelings hurt and whine. Back in the day FF was all about trash talk and  and still be friends. Bring those days back. When everyone hated on GR and Charleston posters thought Ty was a God, Prescott was proving a point. Now you all talk like you're watching golf instead of football.

Good luck in your conference...

RabAlumni

Coach Guthrie is an outstanding Coach. He 100% cares about his players. He will certainly weed out the weak minded and the people that aren't going to be all in for the team. His workouts are top notch and you will be a conditioned physical player. Most players, especially these days, do not want to go through the regiment that he requires. He is extremely defensive minded while be he has been a DC most of his coaching career. HHG got a bad luck of the draw being in the 7-4A, but you will be surprised at the physicality and discipline of his teams. If this team was in the 3A, there is not doubt in my mind he would have them playing for a state championship!

Football_Fan25

Welcome to 4A tonight, Ashdown is going to be tough.....Toss up with Malvern....then beating by bauxite, then Arkadelphia, then Nashville, then Fountain Lake and to finish out the season Robinson.  And this is for the next few years.  Very tough road for sure. 

mossyoakmilitary

Yep, welcome to 4A. Ashdown got all they wanted and more. We may not win another game but we weren't supposed to win any game this year.

SR30

Ummm what was that about the cardinals not being able to compete??? Where are you crow eaters now?

Moose

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

SR30

moneyminers

TALK ABOUT AN UPSET..... Is HHG a team to look out for in 7-4A??

RabAlumni

I don't believe this was an upset at all actually. HHG is going to surprise a lot of people just bc they know nothing about them. In all honesty, if you have young men that believe in Guthrie and his product you will win and be in more games just by sheer will!!!

RyanLR

Congrats to Haskell Harmony Grove! They could be a sleeper in 7-4A.

mossyoakmilitary

Quote from: Football_Fan25 on September 15, 2018, 08:19:45 pm
I see your on his band wagon...  good job.   Wave your foam #1 finger but it won't get you wins.

But it did!

mossyoakmilitary

I will say one thing about the game. The ball bounced just right for them last night. AD couldn't hold on to the ball. IMHO, Ashdown coaches seemed confused all night. They didn't make any adjustments to counter HG's offense. They played hard but just didn't have an answer for the run game and the new passing scheme that came into existence last night. Not sure about their coaches fighting, didn't see anything like that.

moneyminers

at the same time, popular opinion on other threads are having Ashdown on sort of a decline. so was this game just a regulated win and people actually finding out the truth of Ashdown and maybe getting too worked up over HHG or are HHG the real deal?

Football_Fan25

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas