• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-3A Predictions--Week 4

Started by CoolBreeze, September 17, 2018, 05:06:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolBreeze

What do you think? Who will win this week?

Last week I picked 7 of 8 correctly despite agreeing with Chad Hooten on all of my picks. This week it gets tougher as the real season starts with conference play.

Yellville-Summit at Melbourne: Y-S began the season with a one-score win over 4A Green Forest. The come into this game reeling from a blowout loss to Berryville. On the other side of the ball, after a first-week loss to perennial powerhouse Charleston, the Bearkatz pummeled perennial weak sisters Midland and Cave City the last two weeks. Nevertheless, they should have little difficulty handling the visiting Panthers.

Rose Bud at Marshall: Thanks to Rosebud's announced decision to forfeit their conference games, the Bobcats get a W.
Mountain View at Cedar Ridge: This is a tough one. The winless Yellowjackets visit the Timberwolves, whose one win came by a touchdown over 2A Midland, which has 3 victories since the start of the 2014 season. Nevertheless, this game will be played at Newark where strange things happen with calls and with the clock and always seem to favor the home team. So, I give CR the nod.

Clinton at Harding Academy: A huge game to begin the conference season, since the winner likely runs the table in the conference. Clinton began the season with a two-point win over Heber Springs followed by solid wins over Conway Christian and CAC. HA defeated 4A Highland by three touchdowns in an error-plagued opening contest. A two-point loss to Bald Knob followed. The Wildcats come into this week on a high note after a hard-fought two-point win over Heber Springs last Friday. All that tells me that these two teams should be fairly evenly matched, especially on the Wildcats home field. However, Clinton's Yellowjackets should prevail in a close game.

Do you agree or disagree?

young_gun

Rose Bud dropped conference games before season started so no one gets a forfeit win per AAA. Teams could play them in JV on Tuesday or pick up another opponent. Marshall is hosting Mountainburg this week.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: young_gun on September 17, 2018, 08:47:51 pm
Rose Bud dropped conference games before season started so no one gets a forfeit win per AAA. Teams could play them in JV on Tuesday or pick up another opponent. Marshall is hosting Mountainburg this week.
Thanks for the update. FF doesn't have that game on its schedule.

CoolBreeze

Addendum

Mountainburg
at Marshall: The visiting Dragons should keep the Bobcats winless.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas