• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivalry renewals

Started by #1 Hog fan, July 01, 2018, 02:13:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 Hog fan

Could we see any this season??

RamFan06

Lakeside vs. Lake Hamilton. Opening the season at Lakeside.

x14113

Clarksville @ Booneville

These two haven't faced each other on the big stage in at least six years.

Also, Clarksville @ Paris

They haven't played since the Panthers had to forfeit all their wins back in '01.

Overdahill

Quote from: RamFan06 on July 02, 2018, 03:55:11 pm

Has Lakeside ever won?

purpleswag

LS80

Yes, Lakeside dominated in the 70s and early 80s. LH is slightly ahead in the win column.  LH fixing to find out that is not the same ole Lakeside the use to play!!Go Rams Go!

friscokid

Atkins plays Hector in Week 1. More a rivalry that should have started many years ago but never did. That should be pretty tasty.

LS80

FYI Lakeside and Lake Hamilton started playing football in 1968 till 1999.  They did DNP in 75/76.  Lake Hamilton has 18 wins and Lakeside has 12 wins.  This is a great game for our community!!  Go Big "L" Go Rams Go! This  game is going to be to close to call.. What are your thoughts Lanny?  For we are L and LH 1980 grads.. Give heck Big "L"

LS80

As all can see I am not on the boards very much.  Pardon the mistakes!!! :(

purpleswag

TBH this may be a decent game. Hard to tell because LH has been down and while LS has had some success it is in a weak conference. Toss up

HorseFeathers

Quote from: friscokid on July 03, 2018, 01:02:28 am
Atkins plays Hector in Week 1. More a rivalry that should have started many years ago but never did. That should be pretty tasty.

1-1 all time. Hector won 25-12(I think) in 06, and Atkins beat the heck out of Hector in 07(everyone did that year)

#1 Hog fan

I noticed CF and Greenwood both have an opening for week 1 I think a lot of people would love to see this rivalry renewed and made to where they can play eachother every year it's always a great game to watch.

AHS06

Quote from: #1 Hog fan on July 03, 2018, 09:06:02 pm
I noticed CF and Greenwood both have an opening for week 1 I think a lot of people would love to see this rivalry renewed and made to where they can play eachother every year it's always a great game to watch.
This wouldn't be much of a game anymore.  CF is no match for GW.

Hogman2018

Neither of these teams have an open date!! They are just not playing Zero week

zebrafan

Quote from: AHS06 on July 05, 2018, 08:41:44 am
This wouldn't be much of a game anymore.  CF is no match for GW.
Agreed.

tmycjy

Here is my rival list for class 5A Football

East play

Wynne vs Batesville
Batesville vs Searcy
Paragould vs G.C.T
Forrest city vs West Memphis
Nettleton vs Valley view
Blytheville vs Osceola

West play
Alma vs Greenwood
Harrison vs Mountain Home
Morrition vs Russeville
Vilonia vs Greenbrier
Clarksville vs Lamar
Farmington vs prairie Grove
Huntsville ( don't know who there rival is

South play
Texarkana,AR vs Texarkana, Texas
Dequeen vs I would say ashdown or mena I don't know on this one
Hot Springs vs HS Lakeside
LR McClellan vs LR Mills
Camden vs Eldorado.
Hope vs Nashville
Magnolia vs I'm not sure on this one I say hope

Central play

White Hall vs Watson Chapel
Maumelle vs Pulaski Robinson
Pulaski Academy vs Little Rock Christian
LR Parkview vs don't know there Rival
LR Fair vs LR Hall
Beebe vs Lonoke

This would my pick for every team this is just my oppenion if I'm wrong I would like to know what your rival game is I know some school don't have a official rival game wynne is a prime example of that what we think is a rival game other don't think that way

Lanny

Quote from: LS80 on July 03, 2018, 10:41:34 am
FYI Lakeside and Lake Hamilton started playing football in 1968 till 1999.  They did DNP in 75/76.  Lake Hamilton has 18 wins and Lakeside has 12 wins.  This is a great game for our community!!  Go Big "L" Go Rams Go! This  game is going to be to close to call.. What are your thoughts Lanny?  For we are L and LH 1980 grads.. Give heck Big "L"
Lake Hamilton will win

BruinBacker

Quote from: tmycjy on July 06, 2018, 09:17:19 pm

The old Oak Grove vs Joe T game!  Nice.  That was a street fight back in the day.

Hoghead2

Here is my rival list for class 5A Football

East play

Wynne vs Batesville
Batesville vs Searcy
Paragould vs G.C.T
Forrest city vs West Memphis
Nettleton vs Valley view
Blytheville vs Osceola

West play
Alma vs Greenwood
Harrison vs Mountain Home
Morrition vs Russeville
Vilonia vs Greenbrier
Clarksville vs Lamar
Farmington vs prairie Grove

South play
Texarkana,AR vs Texarkana, Texas
Dequeen vs I would say ashdown or mena I don't know on this one
Hot Springs vs HS Lakeside
LR McClellan vs LR Mills
Camden vs Eldorado.
Hope vs Nashville
Magnolia vs I'm not sure on this one I say hope

Central play

White Hall vs Watson Chapel
Pulaski Academy vs Little Rock Christian
LR Parkview vs don't know there Rival
LR Fair vs LR Hall
Beebe vs Lonoke

This would my pick for every team this is just my oppenion if I'm wrong I would like to know what your rival game is I know some school don't have a official rival game wynne is a prime example of that what we think is a rival game other don't think that way

Hope vs Nashville rivalry is 96 years old. Hope vs Prescott is uglier than the Nashville  game because both Nashville and Hope hate Prescott.  Magnolia is a 5A South rivalry that over 60 years old. Arkadelphia and Hope was a no love loss match also.

TROJANS18

Quote from: RamFan06 on July 02, 2018, 03:55:11 pm
19 years in the making.........but a rivarly I do want back but idk if they'll play us again but Malvern y'all need to schedule hot springs down the road soon

The_Pioneer

Newport will never play us again.  So that rivalry is dead.  Part of me would love to stomp a mudhole in SS but that game will never happen either.

RamFan06

Quote from: Lanny on July 07, 2018, 06:46:47 am
Lake Hamilton will win

I didn't expect a different answer from you on this one Lanny. Not sure why he asked.

LS80

RamFan 06 he knows why I asked.  We go way back and have seen many of a game.  I must say Lakeside won our senior year. It was at LH old field on the right side of the highway. We are both L and LH grads 1980. It was a very intensive series back in the 70's and early 80's.  I think it means more to the older generation than the younger folks.  When we talk about the "game" and about L and LH you get a bunch of eye rolls and smirks. We still talk about the "game" at reunions and get togethers. It is a good game for the community. Go Rams!! Go Wolves!!  This is not going to be like when LH dominated us in the 90's nor will it be like when Lakeside dominated in the 70's. It will be a good fought game on both sides.

Bondfan4ever

On September 14, the battle of highway 64 will resume after a 2 year hiatus when the Beebe Badgers travel to Vilonia to take on the Eagles.

Overdahill

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on July 16, 2018, 07:28:31 pm
On September 14, the battle of highway 64 will resume after a 2 year hiatus when the Beebe Badgers travel to Vilonia to take on the Eagles.

what happens when you cross a Badger with an Eagle? U got it,  a Beagle!  :D

#1 Hog fan

July 17, 2018, 12:23:11 am #25 Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 12:32:10 am by #1 Hog fan
How can yall call Greenwood vs Alma a rivalry but not Greenwood vs CF three of the four times they played eachother it was a dog fight. ??? Just curious

JessieP

Quote from: The_Pioneer on July 16, 2018, 01:40:46 pm
Newport will never play us again.  So that rivalry is dead.  Part of me would love to stomp a mudhole in SS but that game will never happen either.

+100, great post. The White River Rivalry, Batesville/Newport was over 100 years old. The last 10 of it became a mercy ruled thrashing. Newport told Batesville they were getting beat up on the scoreboard and the field, they didn't have the bodies to continue. I don't blame Newport, dwindling enrollment has them down to 3A, they used to be a powerhouse. It was a shame, it was a fun game, but you are correct in saying that one is never coming back. SS will not play Batesville, they have been offered but refused. Their content to speculate about how they are equal on message boards. They want no part of that. I guess they are happy beating monsters like Cave City and thumping their chests.

x14113

Clarksville vs Lamar

This rivalry means much more to the Warriors than to the Panthers.

The fact that Buckner ditched them (and Dardy) in favor of Booneville and Paris (who were two of the bigger rivals during the HC's playing days) should be indicative of that.

Their rivalry with Ozark, however, is considered the biggest of all.

Going by their scheduling, the Eagles' three biggest rivals are Farmington, Berryville, and Elkins. All three have bigger rivalries of their own, however.

The Future

Quote from: #1 Hog fan on July 17, 2018, 12:23:11 am
How can yall call Greenwood vs Alma a rivalry but not Greenwood vs CF three of the four times they played eachother it was a dog fight. ??? Just curious

The answer is in your post. "3 of the 4 times they played...". While it's true they have had some great games, 4 games does not make a rivalry. Had they been in the same conference or scheduled each other as noncon when Greenwood moved up, then maybe a rivalry could grow. But also a rivalry needs some wins on both sides. Camden's best shot at beating Greenwood was in 2010 and didn't finish. Since then, do you think Camden has had a shot at beating Greenwood?

Greenwood has dominated Alma as of late. This is true. But it all goes in cycles. Alma dominated arguablely the 80s and 90s. In 10 years time, Alma could be the power and Hold a streak over Greenwood.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: JessieP on July 17, 2018, 12:56:05 am
SS will not play Batesville, they have been offered but refused. Their content to speculate about how they are equal on message boards. They want no part of that. I guess they are happy beating monsters like Cave City and thumping their chests.

Add to that, word in coaching circles is that SS's coach is moving on in a year or two.  They won't have the level of talent that's currently there very often so if its not happening now, it never will.  Now, a former Pioneer is on the staff at SS now so it COULD happen.  I'm not overly enthusiastic about playing the little brothers, but pounding them down and shutting up their delusional fanbase would be fun.

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: The Future on July 17, 2018, 09:17:24 am
The answer is in your post. "3 of the 4 times they played...". While it's true they have had some great games, 4 games does not make a rivalry. Had they been in the same conference or scheduled each other as noncon when Greenwood moved up, then maybe a rivalry could grow. But also a rivalry needs some wins on both sides. Camden's best shot at beating Greenwood was in 2010 and didn't finish. Since then, do you think Camden has had a shot at beating Greenwood?

Greenwood has dominated Alma as of late. This is true. But it all goes in cycles. Alma dominated arguablely the 80s and 90s. In 10 years time, Alma could be the power and Hold a streak over Greenwood.
oh ok we're saying by schedule and how many times they played eachother etc that makes sense. Cf should've won in 2011 they very well could've won in 2012, and possibly 2013, but I understand how y'all are looking at it. It would've been a smart idea to play eachother as a non conference everyone loves watching them play against eachother when they play it's a different energy and the fan bases are wild!

RamFan06

Quote from: LS80 on July 16, 2018, 02:57:05 pm
RamFan 06 he knows why I asked.  We go way back and have seen many of a game.  I must say Lakeside won our senior year. It was at LH old field on the right side of the highway. We are both L and LH grads 1980. It was a very intensive series back in the 70's and early 80's.  I think it means more to the older generation than the younger folks.  When we talk about the "game" and about L and LH you get a bunch of eye rolls and smirks. We still talk about the "game" at reunions and get togethers. It is a good game for the community. Go Rams!! Go Wolves!!  This is not going to be like when LH dominated us in the 90's nor will it be like when Lakeside dominated in the 70's. It will be a good fought game on both sides.

I was not around back in those days so I missed all of that. I am looking forward to this though. It is a game that has been talked about since I moved to Hot Springs 16 years ago. I haven't had a chance to catch any practices or 7on7 yet, but it does sound like, at least in the passing game, things are starting to come together for the Rams. Should be a fun game and a great crowd.

#1 Hog fan

This is what head coach Scott Reed of Eldorado said after CF won their 7on7 a couple of days ago "I think they're very good. They're much better," Reed said of the Cardinals. "I think Magnolia is good, too. I think the football down here is going to be better overall. It's going to be a heck of a ball game when we play Camden this year. They're going to be a tough opponent."

JessieP

Quote from: The_Pioneer on July 17, 2018, 01:24:15 pm
Add to that, word in coaching circles is that SS's coach is moving on in a year or two.  They won't have the level of talent that's currently there very often so if its not happening now, it never will.  Now, a former Pioneer is on the staff at SS now so it COULD happen.  I'm not overly enthusiastic about playing the little brothers, but pounding them down and shutting up their delusional fanbase would be fun.

+1. SS has made the playoffs 2 years in a row and their fans start chanting "We want IMG, We want IMG". The most delusional fans in the state. Don't forget that every year they have a couple Pioneer players who transferred because those dastardly Batesville coaches made them run in the heat. The coach that left is at his 4th school in 3 years, don't get too attached.

Go Postal

Huntsville and Harrison has had a pretty good rivalry over the years.  They are only 35 miles apart.  Though, myself being from Mtn Home originally, I agree the Bombers and Goblins have been rivals since before 1929.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: JessieP on July 17, 2018, 12:56:05 am
+100, great post. The White River Rivalry, Batesville/Newport was over 100 years old. The last 10 of it became a mercy ruled thrashing. Newport told Batesville they were getting beat up on the scoreboard and the field, they didn't have the bodies to continue. I don't blame Newport, dwindling enrollment has them down to 3A, they used to be a powerhouse.

What's funny, Newport is playing GCT this year.  A school a bit bigger than Batesville.....

bigchief72455

Bigger but their football program is lacking compared to Batesville.

The_Pioneer

Clearly.  Just pointing out, once again, Newport has shown itself to be full of crap.  They played Nettleton a few years ago too after stopping our series for the above reasons.

JessieP

Quote from: The_Pioneer on July 26, 2018, 04:14:27 am
Clearly.  Just pointing out, once again, Newport has shown itself to be full of crap.  They played Nettleton a few years ago too after stopping our series for the above reasons.

I did not know that. They are full of crap, they'll player bigger schools it they think they can win. Pretty cowardly Newport.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on July 26, 2018, 12:09:28 am
Bigger but their football program is lacking compared to Batesville.
clearly liking

Mybrainhurts

Not sure where your info came from about buckner ditching lamer. Fake news!!
Coach jones is a poor sport with a foul mouth!
Quote from: x14113 on July 17, 2018, 01:11:50 am
This rivalry means much more to the Warriors than to the Panthers.

The fact that Buckner ditched them (and Dardy) in favor of Booneville and Paris (who were two of the bigger rivals during the HC's playing days) should be indicative of that.

Their rivalry with Ozark, however, is considered the biggest of all.

Going by their scheduling, the Eagles' three biggest rivals are Farmington, Berryville, and Elkins. All three have bigger rivalries of their own, however.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on July 16, 2018, 07:28:31 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was scrolling through this thread wondering about posting this game.

Glad to see Admin renew this series. Always great games between 2 towns seperated by 15 miles.

See you at the game Sept 14 Bond! Go Eagles!!

kingoftherapids

The Lakeside/ Lake Hamilton rivalry! man, what a rivalry that was in its last days of the late 90s. i was in middle school at LS and was on trash pickup duty during the last game of the rivalry that was held at lakeside. more trash than the entire season combined. i remember the run out lines were 70 yards long for each time and i remember seeing toy dogs and toy sheep with a noose around their necks on top of sticks. goats being killed and hung off the carpenter road bridge. spray paint on every sign, neighborhood sign, and even on the brand new ram complex. what a wild time. also remember being in front of the school the morning of the game and having our bus egged.

Nonsense

Quote from: kingoftherapids on August 01, 2018, 10:46:32 am
The Lakeside/ Lake Hamilton rivalry! man, what a rivalry that was in its last days of the late 90s. i was in middle school at LS and was on trash pickup duty during the last game of the rivalry that was held at lakeside. more trash than the entire season combined. i remember the run out lines were 70 yards long for each time and i remember seeing toy dogs and toy sheep with a noose around their necks on top of sticks. goats being killed and hung off the carpenter road bridge. spray paint on every sign, neighborhood sign, and even on the brand new ram complex. what a wild time. also remember being in front of the school the morning of the game and having our bus egged.

It was the goat being hung from the carpenter darn bridge and the retaliatory maroon spray painted dead dog on LH's field that killed the fun out of that rivalry. I grew up in the 90's with that rivalry as well, a lot of fun.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas