• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Outlook: The Frest Start......again.

Started by AirWarren, December 06, 2017, 01:49:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gameoflife

gameoflife

sportsguy80

Why are we running Ty and we're that close to scoring?? Just isn't smart at all

HorseFeathers

If he doesn't fumble you don't question it at all.... But Boyd should be carrying it that close...

bdubyab60

He's got to hold on to the ball. And Bama is just freaking good

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Refs have already messed up at least 3 calls... But there are some questionable decisions on offense that aren't helping either

sportsguy80

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on October 06, 2018, 12:09:22 pm
Refs have already messed up at least 3 calls... But there are some questionable decisions on offense that aren't helping either
Exactly but that last play call was right on time. Nice pass from Cole.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Jump pass with limited jumping because he's 6'7... CJ is balling out today

WPWells

So we're improved and have had more success than anyone against Bama, but gameoflife is still finding a reason to gripe. It's sad how badly you want Arkansas to fail.

bdubyab60

We are moving the ball finally. Against the best team in the country. No one and I mean no one is stopping this bama offense.

2 turnovers have really cost us. One for sure cost us points.

gameoflife

LOL, I guess you haven't noticed the halftime score or the stats for Bama vs their seasonal averages.  No we haven't done better than anybody.  Yes, we had some good drives ended by bad plays, good teams don't destroy themselves.  And I gave credit when we did good.  I'm looking at big picture and its real blurry for the future.  You just want to find a reason to think we are better than we are.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Even Trey Biddy commented on how bad the officiating is. And I like how no commentator ever mentioned the hold on Again while continuously praising the play

HorseFeathers

Noones saying we are better than we are....we were 35 point underdogs for a reason..

On Wp's point--
Alabama scored 9 points less in a half than their season average...

If you thought this game was gonna go any other way, go get help cause you arent living in reality...Vegas was delusional too with only a 35 point line 🤷

WPWells

Bama had given up 20 first half points this season. We just scored 14. I'm not trying to make us better than we are. I'm just saying it's obvious we're improving every week and you're still on here trying to crucify Morris because for some reason you have in your head that he was a bad hire.

gameoflife

I agree with that statement, you got me pegged.  I do think he was the wrong hire.  IMO!  However I'm not just riding him because I didn't like the hire, I don't like the result.

WPWells

What coach would be having better results this season?

gameoflife

They have 461 yds of offense and 41 pts.  Yeah, we are doing a better job against them.

bdubyab60

Yeah because everyone is stopping bama

That 4th down call is a head scratcher

gameoflife

Well that's just subjective and nobody can be sure.  I'm looking at what we are doing, losing, and playing badly.  Morris has little HC at college level experience, his years as OC are good but he was at programs already good before he got there, meaning he didn't rebuild those programs.  SMU was a loosing record for 3 years.  So I'm thinking a proven coach with head coach experience rebuilding a program.  My guy would have been Leach of the ones we supposedly looked at. But of course everyone has an opinion.

Valleysports

Arkansas certainly exceeded expectations against Bama and A&M and Auburn.  Looking forward to seeing what a Morris recruited team can do.

HorseFeathers

Morris took a program with high academic requirements(higher than Vanderbilt I believe) that went 5-7 & 1-11 the two years before he got there, and had them at 7-5 in year 3... And they've collapsed without him this year... Now he's got a bigger challenge with Arkansas who's never sustained the success the fans say they are entitled to in the SEC...

bdubyab60

I didn't expect us to stop bama. No one is really gonna.

Offense surprised me. Again seeing some improvement. Gives a little hope that we can be in some games

gameoflife

Program had been on rebuild since its resurection after the death penalty.  June Jones arrived in 2008 to rebuild.
2008-1-11
2009-8-5
2010-7-7
2011-8-5
2012-7-6
2013-5-7
2014 -02  Jones resigned saying personal issues, they finished 1-11
during that time he won the conference 2, and won 3/4 bowl games.  the first bowl games in 20 years

Morris took over two years later, and went
2-10
5-7
7-6 losing a bowl game
SMU is currently 2-3 I guess he didn't recruit very well leaving the cupboard bare.

gameoflife

I'll give you that the offense showed a little more but our defense also gave up the most points Bama has scored.  We will see how it goes.

AirWarren

Va tech. They know how to open a game. That place was rocking.

Arkansas needs to take notes.

RZback

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 06, 2018, 03:15:36 pm
Morris took a program with high academic requirements(higher than Vanderbilt I believe) that went 5-7 & 1-11 the two years before he got there, and had them at 7-5 in year 3... And they've collapsed without him this year... Now he's got a bigger challenge with Arkansas who's never sustained the success the fans say they are entitled to in the SEC...

Admission to Vandy, 3.8 gpa and a 1530 SAT.

HorseFeathers

That's what I get for not doing my own research

RZback

Don't know if Morris is the right or wrong guy but whatever improvement we may be making is slight and until it gets us to the win column it really doesn't mean much. We may have scored more points than other games but we certainly gave up a bunch and to be honest how hard did Bama play us all game long.  They are just good, I can see them winning it all barring something coming up. 
I watched the game and maybe its me but Morris just looks shell shocked as things are going wrong.  I don't know him so maybe that's just his look.

beach bum

The major question is can we beat Ole Miss?

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on October 06, 2018, 08:14:07 pm
The major question is can we beat Ole Miss?

Hard to say, Ole Miss has a couple of 70 pt games and has put up good numbers against weaker teams, we would fall into the weaker team category I think.  But we did show better against Bama than Ole Miss.  Defense will be huge.

beach bum

Quote from: RZback on October 06, 2018, 08:19:30 pm
Hard to say, Ole Miss has a couple of 70 pt games and has put up good numbers against weaker teams, we would fall into the weaker team category I think.  But we did show better against Bama than Ole Miss.  Defense will be huge.

I think you are right on.... I think if we can hold them to 35-38 points we are giving ourselves at least a chance in a shootout. Ole Miss is particularly awful at stopping the run although their pass defense is not much better.

RZback

We can't afford another bad start to the game like we tend to do. 

Valleysports

Well Morris is the coach!  It's kinda like getting a president, every 4 yrs, once election night is over we might as well stop flapping our gums.   Investigating his record, back to high school, isn't going to lead to impeachment.  Truth is Arkansas doesn't stack up athletically, however it does appear that for the first time in a while thanks to the new coach, SEC talent could be coming.  Right tools for the right job.     

gameoflife

For sure Morris is the coach so I reckon he'll get the credit or the blame.  This coming week against Ole Miss really needs to be a win if we want to get to 3-4 wins.

AirWarren

Added another 4* DE today.

Dante Walker out of GA.

WPWells

The new recruit vaulted us up to #13 nationally and #4 in the SEC West.

AirWarren

Quote from: WPWells on October 08, 2018, 07:15:23 am
The new recruit vaulted us up to #13 nationally and #4 in the SEC West.

The man has been on the job since January. Keep pushing coach Morris!

Great job!

bdubyab60

A couple OL would be nice. With the way the TE spot has been used here lately it should look appealing to Henry as well.

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 08, 2018, 02:26:26 pm
A couple OL would be nice. With the way the TE spot has been used here lately it should look appealing to Henry as well.

We have 3 or 4 committed. Along with some redshirt freshmen that were rated well. Just not ready for the SEC. We will be fine.

WPWells

I saw something this morning that projects us to finish with the #9 class. Our first top 10 class ever. Makes you wonder what Chad will be able to do in a season where we win 7-9 games instead of 1-3.

RZback

Quote from: WPWells on October 08, 2018, 02:54:09 pm
I saw something this morning that projects us to finish with the #9 class. Our first top 10 class ever. Makes you wonder what Chad will be able to do in a season where we win 7-9 games instead of 1-3.

Makes not a lick of sense.

gameoflife

Quote from: WPWells on October 08, 2018, 02:54:09 pm

Are you trying to say he will win 7-9 games with the #9 recruiting class instead of winning 1-3 like we are headed towards with this group?  Is that #9 in the nation or SEC?  I suspect you mean nation. 

WPWells

Quote from: gameoflife on October 08, 2018, 08:28:12 pm
Are you trying to say he will win 7-9 games with the #9 recruiting class instead of winning 1-3 like we are headed towards with this group?  Is that #9 in the nation or SEC?  I suspect you mean nation.

Correct, and that we might end up pushing for top 5 classes once we start getting more wins. If he can pull in the #9 class nationally after a season where we win 1-3 games, imagine what sort of class he can pull in after a season where we win 7-9 games.

Sorry, I just reread my post and it was definitely confusing.

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on October 08, 2018, 02:50:17 pm
We have 3 or 4 committed. Along with some redshirt freshmen that were rated well. Just not ready for the SEC. We will be fine.
Still technically thin at that position. But Henry and Catalon would be nice additions.

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 08, 2018, 08:59:54 pm
Still technically thin at that position. But Henry and Catalon would be nice additions.

Thin yes. But you have to start somewhere.

nuttinbuthogs

So our committments are looking up, we just have to get that name on the dotted line as they say.   I do want to note that we still have a ways to go with getting into a competitive position and even with some good recruits, remember playing with a lot of freshman takes a while to get there. Likely to be 3 years away yet.

AirWarren

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 09, 2018, 10:44:13 am
So our committments are looking up, we just have to get that name on the dotted line as they say.   I do want to note that we still have a ways to go with getting into a competitive position and even with some good recruits, remember playing with a lot of freshman takes a while to get there. Likely to be 3 years away yet.

Look what Stoops has done at Kentucky. I think it can be done. Takes some time.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Hudson Henry's commitment date is this Thursday... Coincidence that it's the same week of the WMS game or a week after his Stanford OV? Hope he comes here especially with what Morris is showing with O'Grady, which is probably for him...

Valleysports

Quote from: AirWarren on October 09, 2018, 12:10:05 pm
Look what Stoops has done at Kentucky. I think it can be done. Takes some time.
Kentucky just got beat by a team in total rebuild, first year coach and staff. 

AirWarren

October 10, 2018, 08:02:48 am #649 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 08:07:53 am by AirWarren
Quote from: Valleysports on October 10, 2018, 05:50:13 am
Kentucky just got beat by a team in total rebuild, first year coach and staff. 

It's the SEC. It happens.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas