• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 11 HOOTENS vs MAX PREPS

Started by Redzone, October 23, 2018, 06:34:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redzone

Who do you think has the more accurate rankings?

HOOTENS

1. Foreman (7-1)

2. Mount Ida (7-1)

3. Hazen (8-0)

4. Junction City (5-2)

5. Conway Christian (6-2)

6. Earle (6-2)

7. Hampton (4-2)

8. Fordyce (5-3)

9. Gurdon (6-1)

10. Salem (6-1) 

11. Mineral Springs (6-2)

MAX PREPS

1. Hazen (8-0)
2. Conway Christian (6-2)
3. Hampton (4-2)
4. Mount Ida (7-1)
5. Junction City (5-2)
6. Foreman (7-1)
7. Mineral Springs (6-2)
8. Salem (6-1)
9. Fordyce (5-3)
10. Gurdon (7-1)
11. Earle (6-2)

godgiven999

Hootens between these, but IMO 42 Sports is more accurate

baseball13

neither. they are both terrible. no way Foreman or Mt. Ida should still be 1 and 2. and there is no way that Hampton should be 3. the better one of the 2 is the hootens. on the hootens move Foreman to 4 and MT. Ida to 5 and move Hazen, JC, and Conway Christian all up.

GatorBall

I think Hooten's is more accurate but honestly, even though I am from Foreman, I would say that you probably would have to put Hazen in front of Foreman and Mt Ida just because they are undefeated. Although I do still think Foreman and Ida are still some of the top two teams. Gurdon should probably get some more love too!

Old Scrapper

Hootens - Hazen beat Earle by 22 points and moved up one spot and Earle didn't drop any. not sure I understand the thinking on that.

BearCats9

I agree with the Max Preps but only if they were to switch foreman and Hampton. I do not believe that foreman should drop from first to sixth just because they lose a game in the rain with their best player injured. I believe that Hazen deserves the number one and CC is a real threat as well.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

hootens is REDICULOUS! that makes ZERO sense.

godgiven999

October 23, 2018, 11:07:35 am #7 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:17:43 pm by godgiven999
 :)Well thankyou. Its nice to see Gurdon finally get some love
"Gurdon should probably get some love too
Quote from: GatorBall on October 23, 2018, 07:12:00 am
I think Hooten's is more accurate but honestly, even though I am from Foreman, I would say that you probably would have to put Hazen in front of Foreman and Mt Ida just because they are undefeated. Although I do still think Foreman and Ida are still some of the top two teams. Gurdon should probably get some more love too!

stuck in between

In all honesty these polls are really good for nothing more than to create conversation between a bunch of old has beens and never was.  Looking back at Hootens rankings at week 9 last year you will see where they have teams ranked at this point in the season means very little.  As long as your team is in the top 10 they have a legitimate shot.

Last year's rankings:
1. Mount Ida - eventual runner up
2. CHG - lost in semi's to Mount Ida
3. Rison - lost in 2nd round to Danville
4. McCrory - lost in 1st round to Bearden
5. Hampton - lost in 1st round to Mineral Springs
6. Earle - forfeited season
7. Conway Christian - lost in 3rd round to Mount Ida
8. Foreman - champion
9. Haven - lost in 3rd round to CHG
10. Danville - lost in 3rd round to Foreman

dragonator

Jc still has the best resume and strength of schedule than anyone. They have victories over two top ten ranked schools (in both polls) in 2a and a win over a highly ranked 3a school. Plus Jc has played Smackover as well as Haynesville who is ranked 1 or2 in La in their class. They lost both those games but were still in those ball games well into the third and forth quarters.

MT Legend

Hootens by far takes this one. Lol, was maxpreps drunk when they made this?

Wantobe

Quote from: stuck in between on October 23, 2018, 12:27:31 pm
In all honesty these polls are really good for nothing more than to create conversation between a bunch of old has beens and never was.  Looking back at Hootens rankings at week 9 last year you will see where they have teams ranked at this point in the season means very little.  As long as your team is in the top 10 they have a legitimate shot.

Last year's rankings:
1. Mount Ida - eventual runner up
2. CHG - lost in semi's to Mount Ida
3. Rison - lost in 2nd round to Danville
4. McCrory - lost in 1st round to Bearden
5. Hampton - lost in 1st round to Mineral Springs
6. Earle - forfeited season
7. Conway Christian - lost in 3rd round to Mount Ida
8. Foreman - champion
9. Haven - lost in 3rd round to CHG
10. Danville - lost in 3rd round to Foreman

Why do you always cloud the issue with facts?  Are you trying to render this discussion pointless?

IdaLions

Quote from: Wantobe on October 23, 2018, 05:43:51 pm
Why do you always cloud the issue with facts?  Are you trying to render this discussion pointless?

I love how he uses facts. It's how you drive your point across. Nobody is gonna take you seriously when you have no evidence to back it up. It's very mature and really makes his stuff more credible than 3/4 of the people on here.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: GatorBall on October 23, 2018, 07:12:00 am
I agree

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Old Scrapper on October 23, 2018, 09:06:32 am
Hootens - Hazen beat Earle by 22 points and moved up one spot and Earle didn't drop any. not sure I understand the thinking on that.
Big brains on Hootens think tank probably their secret algorithm

Wantobe

Quote from: IdaLions on October 23, 2018, 07:51:04 pm
I love how he uses facts. It's how you drive your point across. Nobody is gonna take you seriously when you have no evidence to back it up. It's very mature and really makes his stuff more credible than 3/4 of the people on here.

My statement was purely sarcastic. I agree 100% with your response above.

bleudog

October 23, 2018, 09:12:29 pm #16 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:15:12 pm by bleudog
Max Preps uses Calpreps for their calculations.   Here's the space between their eleven.

1   Hazen     9.00
  2   Conway Christian     9.00
  3   Hampton     8.20
  4   Mount Ida     5.60
  5   Junction City     5.50
  6   Foreman    4.30
  7   Mineral Springs     3.10
  8   Salem     2.50   
  9   Fordyce     0.50
10   Gurdon     (0.30)
11   Earle    (3.70)

http://calpreps.com/2018/ratings/Arkansas_division.htm#2A

IdaLions

Quote from: Wantobe on October 23, 2018, 08:16:19 pm
My statement was purely sarcastic. I agree 100% with your response above.

Sorry, sarcasm can be hard to read on here😂 in the back of my head I thought it was lol

Hasbeen92

Quote from: IdaLions on October 23, 2018, 10:52:05 pm
Sorry, sarcasm can be hard to read on here😂 in the back of my head I thought it was lol
Sarcasm should always be hard to read if done properly

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas