• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A 2017

Started by whippersnapper, July 05, 2017, 11:27:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

October 24, 2017, 01:41:32 pm #50 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:40:18 pm by whippersnapper
Check that. Misread the question the 7th grade hasnt won a game. Lost couple close ones to PR and berryville. From the talk I hear the fans would get excited in PeeWee when they got a 1st down much less a TD. Also about half the 7th graders havr never played. A rough season but they have gotten better.

nuttinbuthogs

I think that is an exaggeration.  A few years back the pee wee did pretty good, then they fell off in the last few.  Nobody in Lincoln is going to be happy with loosing all the time.  Most keep hoping for a return to the 2011 - 2013 years.  Maybe we will get there again.

RZback

nbh I think whippersnapper is closer to right on time line anyway.  It was back around 2011when the last peewee team did very well.  It's the 2013 group that was always so good.  You are correct that people are tired of not winning consistantly, I hear them talking and asking the same old question.  When is Lincoln going to challenge for the top spots inthe conference.   If the freshmean group doesn't do it, it will be a while coming.

nuttinbuthogs

WSnapper, is the 7 grade and junior high still coached by Bounds and that young fellow.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: RZback on October 24, 2017, 03:19:24 pm
nbh I think whippersnapper is closer to right on time line anyway.  It was back around 2011when the last peewee team did very well.  It's the 2013 group that was always so good.  You are correct that people are tired of not winning consistantly, I hear them talking and asking the same old question.  When is Lincoln going to challenge for the top spots inthe conference.   If the freshmean group doesn't do it, it will be a while coming.

Now who is exaggerating?  4-6 or 5-5 would be greatly received.

whippersnapper

What did I exaggerate on?

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 24, 2017, 01:41:32 pm
From the talk I hear the fans would get excited in PeeWee when they got a 1st down much less a TD.

I think you exaggerated here.  Seen a few pee wee games and their wasn't much excitement about much of anything. Fans haven't forgotten what winning looks like or that we still deep down expect to see it.

whippersnapper

Gentry 22 Lincoln 15 Final

whippersnapper

Gravette 28 Shiloh 22 final.

prHOG13

Pea Ridge 14
Huntsville 7

Final

RZback

Whats the breakdown on the jr conference after last night.

whippersnapper

1. PG 6-0
2. Gravette 5-1
T3. Shiloh 4-2
T3. Gentry 4-2
4. Lincoln 3-3
5. PR 2-4
T8. Huntsville 0-6
T8. Berryville 0-6.
Big games next week with Gentry vs Gravette and PG vs Lincoln. If Lincoln and Gravette both win then PG and Grav share the conf championship. If Gentry wins they can at least share the runner up with gravette

RZback

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 27, 2017, 11:23:28 am

Big games next week with Gentry vs Gravette and PG vs Lincoln. If Lincoln and Gravette both win then PG and Grav share the conf championship. If Gentry wins they can at least share the runner up with gravette

Thats a big IF!  I don't think I'd bet on either one but that's why you play the game as they say.

RZback

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 24, 2017, 11:31:20 am
How does everyone think this season will go? My money is on Lincoln.    They return 10 offensive and 7 defensive starters off a team that went 5-5 (3 of those losses were by 10 points or less). Starting QB is standing at almost 6'2 with 3 of his 4 WRs are over 6'0 ft as well. Shifty little tailback with ok size on the line.     
I believe Harrison staying put in Lincoln will be a big reason why he has success there. Had Harris stayed there would be a totally different light on Lincoln then currently. Given time Lincoln will be in the playoffs nearly every year under Harrison. Shoot they missed it last year by 2 points. Have a chance with a win Friday to get back in it. No matter what their JH record is I believe the freshmen class will have a chance to be in the playoffs all 3 years in SR high. Not saying they will. But have a shot.
Quote from: whippersnapper on July 05, 2017, 11:27:51 am

Facing  Prairie Grove this week at 3-3.  Has your assessment of Lincoln changed any since the start of the season?  Do you still think this jr crew is going to be in the playoffs every year. 

Wpsnpr:  Has your assessment chnged any since the start of the season.

whippersnapper

Well I was wrong about them winning conference obviously. Not the first I have been. With this group the little things have beaten them in their 3 conf losses. Something else they may have factored into the season is a JH HC change. The former coach left to become a sr high HC at westville. Coach Mendoza is the coach now and is in his first year here at Lincoln. This has been a season of learning the kids and kids learning the coaches. He has been exactly what that group needed which was a no nonsense toe the line type. The former coach was more of a buddy buddy type. This team is literally 3 plays away from being 6-0 in conference and 8-1 on the season. I have lost no belief in this group. They strive to get better each day and each loss has been a painful one. Go Wolves!

RZback

WS, I'll give you one thing you follow the company line on supporting the home team.  You guys are probably looking at a 3-4 conference unless you pull off the PG upset.  I don't see that big a turn in the next few years but also your 7th grade is struggling and you may need those guys in a couple years to aid with that freshman group.  Anyway, someone ought to hire you to be the PR guy for their school teams.
On more thing, I know Lincoln is in the same spot for sr high tonight, really need a win.  What's the odds on that game?

Tigerdad2

A program that does not have tradition this shows that 7th grade success doesn't turn into JR High or SR High . I don't think it's the current HC's fault just a really tough place to win

RZback

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on October 28, 2017, 10:06:00 pm
A program that does not have tradition this shows that 7th grade success doesn't turn into JR High or SR High . I don't think it's the current HC's fault just a really tough place to win

Isn't that what a HC is hired to fix?  Just speaking of that group, current coach had them in 7th, 8th and now 9th grade. Results have worsened.

nuttinbuthogs

I don't believe Harrison coaches all those groups now.  Not the seventh grade and I'm not sure how much with junior high.  One thing for sure we need to improve.

RZback

Maybe he should start! Or someone should ask why not?

RZback

October 29, 2017, 08:53:31 pm #70 Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 08:51:29 pm by RZback
3 wins, against 3 teams that are combined 3-27.  7th grade with no wins, junior high looks to have 5 wins?  Step it up folks.  Demand more.

nuttinbuthogs

The biggest hope is that we can hold on until a bunch of the current conference teams move up and we get some other teams we can compete with.

RZback

October 30, 2017, 10:59:12 am #72 Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 08:52:18 pm by RZback
Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 29, 2017, 09:07:50 pm
The biggest hope is that we can hold on until a bunch of the current conference teams move up and we get some other teams we can compete with.

The evidence points to more of the same.

Quote from: RZback on October 29, 2017, 08:53:31 pm
3 wins, against 3 teams that are combined 3-27.  7th grade with no wins, junior high looks to have 5 wins?  Step it up folks.  Demand more.

There is nothing that shows Lincoln is going to do better than they presently are.  In fact with a winless 7th grade it looks to drop off even more.  The question that should be asked is why or why not? 

nuttinbuthogs

There is one junior game left and maybe we can win that one.  I know it will be hard but we still have the game.

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 30, 2017, 11:49:25 am
There is one junior game left and maybe we can win that one.  I know it will be hard but we still have the game.

If you guys win the PG game I'll eat my hat.  That's a huge pipe dream I'm afraid.  Both in the junior high game and the senior game.  Although I would think you have a better chance at junior game.

nuttinbuthogs

If the junior high kids play up to their ability, they have a great chance to win.  Prairie Grove better be ready to get dissappointed. 
The senior high team has hung close in a few games that mistakes cost them the game.  If they don't make mistakes they can win it.

gameoflife

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 31, 2017, 09:55:30 am
If the junior high kids play up to their ability, they have a great chance to win.  Prairie Grove better be ready to get dissappointed. 
The senior high team has hung close in a few games that mistakes cost them the game.  If they don't make mistakes they can win it.

Boy! That's some ambitious claims there. 

gameoflife

You must know something the rest of the people don't about Lincoln football.

nuttinbuthogs

The kids try hard and they believe they can win.  There can be improvement in the program but the kids try to do their part.  If they want it bad enough they can win this week.

gameoflife

Ok, we will see at the end of the week.

whippersnapper

PG 14 Lincoln 13 final.

RZback

prHOG13

Shiloh 6
Pea Ridge 14

Glad this team finally started playing near its potential toward the end of the year after a really rough start.

whippersnapper

That's a huge win by PR.

whippersnapper

Overall thoughts on the JH season, it was a tough one but fun one. I have never been one to try to be real critical of referees for costing a team a game. That's not the case last night with the Lincoln PG game. With about 4 mins left PG had 4th &2, as PG is scrambling to decide to go for it or not they rush the punt team out to the field. This all being with 15 or less seconds left on the playclock, PG "lines up" to punt. The punter steps forward to talk to his protector as he does this he has a slot guy in motion never being set. The deep snapper then snaps the ball without the punter being ready. Punter jumps up and grabs ball from the air and runs for a first down. Not every offensive player was set for a full count of 1 second. The slot guy was in motion and the punter was walked up talking to his protector. Not a single ref threw a flag or gave our coach an explanation. Now could PGs defense had made a stop the next drive and Lincoln lose? Yes but the fact they had their chance to win stolen from them is horrible. Lincoln had a critical redzone fumble and a few big drops in the pass as well. At the end of the day the little things beat the wolves too often this season. They now have to use it as fuel in the offseason to not let those type of losses become habit.

nuttinbuthogs

Views on the season.  Last night was a tough fought loss.  Boys played hard and put up a great fight.  The devil is in the details they say.  You said the little things cost them several games this year.  Those little things need to get corrected.  It seems the little things have been a problem for several years.  If Lincoln is ever going to make it to the top part of the conference they have to fix those.

RZback

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 03, 2017, 09:02:37 am
Overall thoughts on the JH season, it was a tough one but fun one. I have never been one to try to be real critical of referees for costing a team a game. That's not the case last night with the Lincoln PG game. With about 4 mins left PG had 4th &2, as PG is scrambling to decide to go for it or not they rush the punt team out to the field. This all being with 15 or less seconds left on the playclock, PG "lines up" to punt. The punter steps forward to talk to his protector as he does this he has a slot guy in motion never being set. The deep snapper then snaps the ball without the punter being ready. Punter jumps up and grabs ball from the air and runs for a first down. Not every offensive player was set for a full count of 1 second. The slot guy was in motion and the punter was walked up talking to his protector. Not a single ref threw a flag or gave our coach an explanation. Now could PGs defense had made a stop the next drive and Lincoln lose? Yes but the fact they had their chance to win stolen from them is horrible. Lincoln had a critical redzone fumble and a few big drops in the pass as well. At the end of the day the little things beat the wolves too often this season. They now have to use it as fuel in the offseason to not let those type of losses become habit.
Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on November 03, 2017, 10:11:16 am
Views on the season.  Last night was a tough fought loss.  Boys played hard and put up a great fight.  The devil is in the details they say.  You said the little things cost them several games this year.  Those little things need to get corrected.  It seems the little things have been a problem for several years.  If Lincoln is ever going to make it to the top part of the conference they have to fix those.

You guys must know that a pair of 5-5 seasons for junior high and a winless 7th grade don't signal a big boost next year. Those little things are huge and overcoming them means discipline in fundamentals. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas