• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10-2A Basketball scores for the season

Started by mtindian42, November 14, 2016, 06:43:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

NeaBaller21

What the heck was the deal with that one?

leedog95

bdubyab60

None of the regular starters started for EPC. Only one on the floor at most in the first quarter and that wasn't until about 5 minutes left.

bdubyab60

mtindian42

bdubyab60

mtindian42

leedog95

MT is an average team without Q playing. This conference will belong to EPC and Earle this year......

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 21, 2016, 09:59:35 pm
yeah you can watch it on 42 sports on Facebook.
I watched some of the live stuff but it kept cutting in and out

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 21, 2016, 10:30:43 pm
I watched some of the live stuff but it kept cutting in and out
yeah I noticed that to. It will get better tho as time goes along.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

BIC beat Manila not sure what the score was

Donnie Jamon

If Vornes is playing for Osceola they will have to forfeit every game.  You just cant quit a school and go play somewhere else the next week. 

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 23, 2016, 09:44:02 am
If Vornes is playing for Osceola they will have to forfeit every game.  You just cant quit a school and go play somewhere else the next week. 
i believe she can if they legitimately moved into Osceola district before she played a game at EPC and the school admin at EPC signed the csap form(i'm not even sure if they need the form if she actually moved)  stating it wasn't for athletic purposes. But even if she is legal we shouldn't be letting players bounce around from school to school just because they aren't happy one week.

redrider30

Hey Donnie you need to tell Earle University that. There is a reason they won't turn in rosters and just pay their fines every year. AAA should ban schools from the post season for not turning in photos and rosters instead of fining them $100. Fan is right about Vornes though.

chickasaw fan

i totally disagree with basketballfan. Coaches bounce around anytime some other school throws them a few more $$$$ or perks. I know coaches have to make money and provide for there families. But players and there families have to do what is best for them as well. At the end of the day a high school coach should think about the players/kids future. Not rather or not they will have to face a move- in, in the state tournament. If a coach has something to offer a moving player, the coach or school will get there breaks with kids moving in.

Basketballfan13

November 23, 2016, 01:41:24 pm #66 Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 01:48:18 pm by Basketballfan13
If a player chooses to switch schools and plays at 3 schools in 3 years that's usually a sign that the player or the players parents can't be team players and make things work. I know of a case or two locally where I think the player made a good choice by moving but In this case I would like to know the big benefit that Vornes gained from leaving Rivercrest to EPC, and would be even more curious the benefits of her moving from EPC to Osceola? I could be wrong but I don't think Osceola will be making a state run with her on the roster(she is a great player, just don't think it's enought to make them anywhere close to a contender) so I doubt there's a lot of coaches panicking over meeting them in the state tournament.

bdubyab60

I don't think you should be making any moves after the season has started. Unless there are circumstances that warrant it. In this case I believe they are living in Osceola already and were driving to Lepanto. So Im not sure how this one even works. Technically not a move by what Im told. I would think at the least she is eligible at semester.

I just dont think you should be able to leave two days before the start of the season and be eligible immediately.

Missco

If she lives in Osceola then it is what it is. Every situation is different. Kids have done this for years. I agree with Chickasaw fan. Some school's don't care enough so why should the kids be punished. When Vornes went to EPC they had a different coach.

bdubyab60

Yeah we had a different coach. But she and her family have known that since last year when he said he wasn't coming back. That was even before the season was over. I fail to see how anyone was getting punished. Having to run a little more, the offense not being all about them.

There was plenty of time to transfer/ move than to wait a few days before the season starts and run out on your teammates. Now if there was something more to this than I know then that could be a different story.

If a kid wants to transfer that's fine, do it the right way. We have had our share of transfers and had our share go out as well. It shouldn't be a free for all on transferring from one school to the next.

BoxNOne

Bdub, the AAA will have the answers lol! They are the reason players jump around yearly.

chickasaw fan

Well i wish Vornes and the Noles the best of luck. If they have any guard play at all they will make a run with her on the floor. Weak conference!!!!!

NEark tigers

Quote from: redrider30 on November 23, 2016, 10:50:17 am
Hey Donnie you need to tell Earle University that. There is a reason they won't turn in rosters and just pay their fines every year. AAA should ban schools from the post season for not turning in photos and rosters instead of fining them $100. Fan is right about Vornes though.
So what that got to do with us?.....9X WORLD CHAMPIONS

Dogg

Quote from: redrider30 on November 23, 2016, 10:50:17 am
😪😪😡

Donnie Jamon

I just thought that you had to be in school so many days to be eligible..  Or registered in so many days..  I don't know...  Regardless wish her/them success.. 

baseball man

Not 10-2a. But Parkers Chapel 29 to 17 4-Dice at half.

baseball man

bdubyab60

birddawg1986

RedWolf275

Boys
Earle over Marked tree in ot per Jonesboro Sun

bdubyab60

EPC 101-94 over Bay. Think we play Earle Friday in Lepanto. Should be another good one.

NeaBaller21

Quote from: chickasaw fan on November 23, 2016, 08:46:19 pm
Well i wish Vornes and the Noles the best of luck. If they have any guard play at all they will make a run with her on the floor. Weak conference!!!!!
With the exception of Riverside girls I would say weak conference. But I think as of now Riverside is the favorite in girls

RedWolf275

Riverside is definetely the favorite. However, they do some strange things at times.

Rebelfan77

Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 30, 2016, 08:34:45 pm
Riverside is definetely the favorite. However, they do some strange things at times.
Riverside is no longer in the 2A conference.

NeaBaller21

Quote from: Rebelfan77 on December 01, 2016, 09:04:55 am
Riverside is no longer in the 2A conference.
Their conference was brought into discussion here and this conference was labeled as "weak" outside of Osceola. Just stating who the favorite actually is.

RedWolf275

December 01, 2016, 09:21:03 am #85 Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:27:06 am by RedWolf275
+1

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 30, 2016, 11:10:36 am
EPC 101-94 over Bay. Think we play Earle Friday in Lepanto. Should be another good one.

Did either team play any defense?

bdubyab60

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on December 01, 2016, 10:48:16 am
Did either team play any defense?
Actually both teams got a lot of points off turnovers. It was almost 4 minutes gone in the game before Bay got their first bucket. But when the teams scored they were getting up and down the court pretty darn quick, neither team was wasting time taking a shot.

MikelB

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on November 23, 2016, 01:41:24 pm
If a player chooses to switch schools and plays at 3 schools in 3 years that's usually a sign that the player or the players parents can't be team players and make things work. I know of a case or two locally where I think the player made a good choice by moving but In this case I would like to know the big benefit that Vornes gained from leaving Rivercrest to EPC, and would be even more curious the benefits of her moving from EPC to Osceola? I could be wrong but I don't think Osceola will be making a state run with her on the roster(she is a great player, just don't think it's enought to make them anywhere close to a contender) so I doubt there's a lot of coaches panicking over meeting them in the state tournament.

It wasn't her choice to make the move.  Her brother was getting in trouble at EPC and her dad did not like how he was being disciplined, so after a "screaming match" with the principal the dad made them turn in their things and moved them to Osceola.  They were living in Lepanto but apparently really moved (idk where) because someone else was living in that house as of this past weekend.  The AAA rule on switching teams during season is really vague to me, I thought a player had to be enrolled in the school within the first 11 days of the start of the semester to be eligible but who really knows.  I guess if a team they play (like Westside) challenges her eligibility then AAA will clarify this for us. lol

BoxNOne

Saturday at Blue Devil Classic

Nettleton 46 Earle 33

RedWolf275

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 04, 2016, 09:27:23 am
Saturday at Blue Devil Classic

Nettleton 46 Earle 33

Nettleton is not a really good 5a squad. Surprising margin.

bdubyab60

Well just from the talk on here it doesn't seem everyone is on the same page right now as far as the Earle girls go.

RedWolf275

December 04, 2016, 05:01:40 pm #92 Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 05:44:31 pm by RedWolf275
That Nettleton-Earle score was boys

bdubyab60

Well a day after playing tough EPC team on the road could explain that.

Mustangfans

Mustangfans

bdubyab60

Mustangfans

bdubyab60

Senior boys. Riverside 87 EPC 64 final. Stone from Riverside had 46

leedog95

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas