• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lavaca tourney

Started by lostintheweeds, September 12, 2016, 09:40:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lostintheweeds

Has anyone heard what teams are signed up for Lavaca's tournament this year?

MICHAELSPAPPY

I heard the Ft Smith Patriots home school team is supposed to play in it.

lostintheweeds

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on September 15, 2016, 01:11:28 pm
I heard the Ft Smith Patriots home school team is supposed to play in it.

That's a good team. They will be competitive.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: lostintheweeds on September 17, 2016, 12:15:30 am
That's a good team. They will be competitive.

They have a couple of post players who can get it done.

MICHAELSPAPPY

What all teams are in the tournament?

TRgators11

October 18, 2016, 08:21:44 am #5 Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:24:43 am by TRgators11
Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 12, 2016, 02:11:19 pm
What all teams are in the tournament?
Lavaca

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: TRgators11 on October 18, 2016, 08:21:44 am
I may go see that fortsmith team just for the fun

Last year they would have been competitive with most of the 3A teams in western Arkansas. They did have a game with Arkoma and beat them by 50. They lost their point guard to Charleston, but still have a pretty solid line-up, including a couple of big men who can really play. The thing you have to remember about the home school ranks is that basketball is the only sport, so any kids who want to be in athletics play basketball.

TRgators11

October 19, 2016, 11:18:20 am #7 Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:24:02 am by TRgators11
Wish we were in it

fbisgreat

County Line is playing in this Tournament.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: fbisgreat on October 19, 2016, 04:24:38 pm
County Line is playing in this Tournament.

Hoping to scout the Indians tomorrow night.

ZestyJester

How good is Lavaca supposed to be this year?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Is the schedule for the tournament available yet?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Get ready. Last night against the Fayetteville home school team, the Patriots' Jacob Green got a breakaway at the end of the first quarter and threw down a two-handed tomahawk.

MICHAELSPAPPY

ZestyJester

Ft smith patriots, county line, and Paris are the 3 best teams in this tourny imo. I think magazine will give Paris some problems buy if eagles win we will see a rematch between them and county line. I know these cl boys are itching for abother shot after last night.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I am looking forward to this one. Should be interesting.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Patriots lose to County Line by six. It was close right up to the end. Patriots' big center went down with injured ankle early in game.

ZestyJester

County line gonna win theyre rematch with Paris and win this tourny. You heard it here first

adaptedtigerfan

dentist15

Quote from: ZestyJester on November 29, 2016, 10:32:12 pm
County line gonna win theyre rematch with Paris and win this tourny. You heard it here first

Actually, we already heard you say that over in the 3A forum a few days ago. But I like the enthusiasm.

TRgators11

December 01, 2016, 08:47:33 pm #20 Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 01:59:11 am by TRgators11
 ::)

TRgators11

Quote from: dentist15 on November 30, 2016, 08:03:31 am
Actually, we already heard you say that over in the 3A forum a few days ago. But I like the enthusiasm.
did county line win against paris

adaptedtigerfan

RTF

Wasn't County Line suppose to beat Paris by 15? Had to be the Refs again right Zesty?

ZestyJester

Well, I think we just had a cold night. We got a lot of open looks but just couldnt get one to fall. Also they hammerred us under the basket all game and the refs wouldn't call nothing. So yeah kinda but more was just poor shooting. So we get shiloh Christian in the 3rd place game. Paris and Lavaca in the finals. Probly gonna be the arrows. Thosee boys went off on SC and I don't think Paris can stop them. If wed been hitting our game might have been diffetemt and lavaca is plsying at home. Looking forward to a good game. Going 2-1 in this tourny wouldn't be bad. Girls game should be interesting too with paris and cac. Astate commit and a uconn recruit going at it there. Peevy is good and all but uconn is a whole nother level. I expect a bad night for paris overall on Saturday.

TRgators11

Quote from: ZestyJester on December 02, 2016, 10:50:12 am
Well, I think we just had a cold night. We got a lot of open looks but just couldnt get one to fall. Also they hammerred us under the basket all game and the refs wouldn't call nothing. So yeah kinda but more was just poor shooting. So we get shiloh Christian in the 3rd place game. Paris and Lavaca in the finals. Probly gonna be the arrows. Thosee boys went off on SC and I don't think Paris can stop them. If wed been hitting our game might have been diffetemt and lavaca is plsying at home. Looking forward to a good game. Going 2-1 in this tourny wouldn't be bad. Girls game should be interesting too with paris and cac. Astate commit and a uconn recruit going at it there. Peevy is good and all but uconn is a whole nother level. I expect a bad night for paris overall on Saturday.
what r game stats in boys finals

RTF

I dunno anything about either Championship game but Paris beat Lavaca in the boys and CAC beat Paris in the girls.

dentist15

Girls game was over in the 1Q. 65-36 CAC.

Boys, Paris 63-57. Lavaca got off to a hot start, and was up 5 at half. Paris picked it up on the defensive end in the second half though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas