• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 in 2015-16

Started by ASURedWolf6, October 12, 2015, 04:39:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

playmaker04

Coach said just a rumor

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Congrats to Travon Cobb of BIC on signing with WBC yesterday!!

RedWolf275

I heard from someone who should know that the EPC girls coach is out.

bdubyab60

Been hearing it since before the season ended

Silky Johnson

Deangelo Griffin also signed with WBC.

bdubyab60

Montrell James and Keyon Dorcey from EPC are signing with Crowleys Ridge, I think thats who it is. Signing is today.

birddawg1986

Glad to see these kids are getting a chance to get an education/+ play basketball. Congrats to all players who signed this week.

playmaker04

Phelans resigns from CC to take assistant job at Blytheville. Lost our top 2scorers. Coaches son and Josh Richardson. Phelans is his legal guardian

birddawg1986

Quote from: playmaker04 on May 10, 2016, 12:44:42 pm
Phelans resigns from CC to take assistant job at Blytheville. Lost our top 2scorers. Coaches son and Josh Richardson. Phelans is his legal guardian
Yeah I heard the same thing. Cross Co would have been pretty good again if they all would of stayed. I wonder how many of EPC kids McKenzie is trying to get to follow him. Might make for a pretty good season up in the Bville.

bdubyab60

Ive heard of at least two.

Silky Johnson

It is 5A but aside from Maumelle and Hot Springs there could be some teams that sneak up on people. Wish Bay could've gotten Phelan and Richardson but we'll be okay and I wish them luck in Bville. Who did Pierce get to come? It's all how people mesh though because you can look in the NBA and see stars not make the playoffs. With Phelan, Richardson, X. Reed, J'sebian Brown or Dez Barnes, and the Bville center and guard could be a good team with 2 quality mentors and coaches. Think Reed and Brown are from Nettleton but that might leave EPC bare. They'll have a couple good players but I know most of their role players graduated.

bdubyab60

I've heard Brown and Reed may go with him. But only rumors at this point, may depend on the hire we make.

Bay would have had a better shot if they had football. I don't think Phelan played but Richardson is a beast and I'd think he would want to keep playing football

ASURedWolf6

Quote from: Silky Johnson on May 10, 2016, 02:53:29 pm
It is 5A but aside from Maumelle and Hot Springs there could be some teams that sneak up on people. Wish Bay could've gotten Phelan and Richardson but we'll be okay and I wish them luck in Bville. Who did Pierce get to come? It's all how people mesh though because you can look in the NBA and see stars not make the playoffs. With Phelan, Richardson, X. Reed, J'sebian Brown or Dez Barnes, and the Bville center and guard could be a good team with 2 quality mentors and coaches. Think Reed and Brown are from Nettleton but that might leave EPC bare. They'll have a couple good players but I know most of their role players graduated.

Lol, yeah the team that'll sneak up on people in 5A is LR Parkview. They'll win the next two 5A state titles. I know this is a 2A-3 thread but still.

2aball

Quote from: Silky Johnson on May 10, 2016, 02:53:29 pm

I think there's a chance Reed will end up in Blytheville, I don't think Brown will though. From what I hear his dad doesn't want him to go there and I can't say that I blame him. Both Reed and Brown are waiting to see who EPC hires first. If they go anywhere, I'm thinking it will be back to Nettleton.

RedWolf275

After watching the news and reading the paper, Blytheville would be high on my list of places not to move to.

OB11

Quote from: RedWolf275 on May 18, 2016, 07:02:19 pm
After watching the news and reading the paper, Blytheville would be high on my list of places not to move to.

Contending for the top spot on that list with the way things have been going the past week or so.

BigLion10

Might drop your hot pocket at Blytheville right now according to the news 😂😂

Missco

May 18, 2016, 10:18:04 pm #967 Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:04:15 am by Missco
 ;D

bdubyab60

Yeah Blytheville isnt a very good place right now.

bdubyab60

I would think Reed and Brown probably go back to Nettleton before Blytheville. The reason they werent happy was probably Pierce in the first place. He had some decent talent on the junior squad and those boys quit on him toward the end of the year.

Yeah the seniors made the state title game but he had some help with practices toward the end of the year. i was told he was still conditioning 75% of the practice time 3/4 through the season.

Oldref

Coach pierce is young but he made too many excuses when they lost. Heard him say after they lost to Bay in NEA finals by about 30 he said they lost because they had beat rival marked tree in semifinals and that played into them losing to Bay in finals. Not sure what excuse he used when Bay beat them at EPC by 10 late in season. I seriously doubt anyone following him to Blytheville. Blytheville has talent and so did EPC. Guess we will see how he does at his new place. He would be smart to listen to Coach Bill Tyrer (spelling?) every chance he gets.

bdubyab60

It was a good ballgame in lepanto. Neither team had anything to be ashamed of in that one. Prichett hit a couple dagger shots in that one.

Oldref

Quote from: bdubyab60 on May 19, 2016, 10:56:51 am
It was a good ballgame in lepanto. Neither team had anything to be ashamed of in that one. Prichett hit a couple dagger shots in that one.

Best I remember Pritchett, Layne and Utley went something like 10-12 from the line last quarter also. Was a lot better game than in NEA. EPC had payback on their mind but Bay closed it out in the fourth quarter . EPC played good last month of season.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: bdubyab60 on May 19, 2016, 09:17:05 am
I would think Reed and Brown probably go back to Nettleton before Blytheville. The reason they werent happy was probably Pierce in the first place. He had some decent talent on the junior squad and those boys quit on him toward the end of the year.

Yeah the seniors made the state title game but he had some help with practices toward the end of the year. i was told he was still conditioning 75% of the practice time 3/4 through the season.

I hear Billy T is staying at BIC.. We might have a place for them so they don't have to go all the way back to Nettleton.    :D

2aball

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on May 20, 2016, 10:58:00 am
I hear Billy T is staying at BIC.. We might have a place for them so they don't have to go all the way back to Nettleton.    :D

Heard today that they were planning on having a meeting Monday night to discuss the hire. Sounds like they have their man in mind. If it's the one I hear, nobody will be leaving. This would be his first actual coaching job, but he's got tons of coaching experience through AAU and such. Full of basketball knowledge and I think he'd be a great hire.

birddawg1986

Yeah my source says Bill is baaaack!!!

2aball

Quote from: birddawg1986 on May 20, 2016, 10:23:51 pm
Yeah my source says Bill is baaaack!!!

I guess they printed up all of those "End of an Era" shirts for nothing didn't they?

BoxNOne

I am glad BT is back at BIC. He is good for message board conversation at least. He is also a better coach than BIC was going to hire otherwise. Be interesting to see who he can get on the roster by August. He needs some help to contend for state.

Head Lion

Heard it here first! Good luck to my friend, but not to much.😂😂

MikelB

Quote from: RedWolf275 on April 25, 2016, 03:02:38 pm
I heard from someone who should know that the EPC girls coach is out.

True, they hired Trumanns Coach Justin Williams to replace him

MikelB

Quote from: 2aball on May 18, 2016, 05:49:57 pm
I think there's a chance Reed will end up in Blytheville, I don't think Brown will though. From what I hear his dad doesn't want him to go there and I can't say that I blame him. Both Reed and Brown are waiting to see who EPC hires first. If they go anywhere, I'm thinking it will be back to Nettleton.

From what I hear (just rumor) is that Browns dad will be the new EPC boys coach.

bdubyab60

Quote from: MikelB on May 23, 2016, 09:21:56 am
From what I hear (just rumor) is that Browns dad will be the new EPC boys coach.
If thats true Reed and Brown arent going anywhere.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: MikelB on May 23, 2016, 09:21:56 am
What, if any certifications does he have?

2aball

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on May 23, 2016, 11:07:02 am
What, if any certifications does he have?

He is going to go through the non-traditional teachers licensing program. He has a few different degrees, just none in education. He will be able to complete his certifications while he is issued a temporary license to begin working immediately. He will have to get certified to coach through the NFHSA website, but that's simple too.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: 2aball on May 23, 2016, 05:22:26 pm
He is going to go through the non-traditional teachers licensing program. He has a few different degrees, just none in education. He will be able to complete his certifications while he is issued a temporary license to begin working immediately. He will have to get certified to coach through the NFHSA website, but that's simple too.
Could be mistaken, but I thought you couldn't coach Football, Basketball, or track with just that?

Head Lion

You can, but are limited to 2 years to obtain the credintials.

2aball

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on May 23, 2016, 06:38:57 pm
Could be mistaken, but I thought you couldn't coach Football, Basketball, or track with just that?

You have to do a little more, but you can get certified in any sport.

OB11

Quote from: 2aball on May 24, 2016, 07:16:35 pm
You have to do a little more, but you can get certified in any sport.

I don't think you could be a head coach in those 3 sports if you went the volunteer route.  In order to be a head coach in those sports you need to be hired by the school and have a coaching endorsement on your license.  IIRC.  If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on May 25, 2016, 11:54:35 am
I don't think you could be a head coach in those 3 sports if you went the volunteer route.  In order to be a head coach in those sports you need to be hired by the school and have a coaching endorsement on your license.  IIRC.  If I'm wrong someone please correct me.
I looked it up, as long as you have a teaching license(including a 1 year provisional license for those who are going the non-traditional route) there are a few classes that you can take over the internet and some cpr training and you are pretty much good to go. This includes the 3 traditional sports basketball, football, and track.

RedWolf275

What kind of coaching experience, if any, does this gentleman have?

2aball

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on May 25, 2016, 11:54:35 am

Correct, you can't be a volunteer. He's not going to be a volunteer though. He's going to be a certified teacher. He's just going through a non-traditional teachers licensing program. He will work for EPC and have 2 years to complete his certification. Until then, he will be issued a temporary certification by the state. Once he completes his certifications in 2 years he will be issued a standard license.

So if he was using the NFHSA site to get certified as a volunteer, he couldn't be a head in those 3 sports. Since he will be a certified teacher, he can.

2aball

Quote from: RedWolf275 on May 25, 2016, 05:49:46 pm
What kind of coaching experience, if any, does this gentleman have?

A lot of AAU is it I think. He knows his stuff though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas