• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City

Started by Beardad, December 15, 2015, 09:25:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgeye

Quote from: Oldman on January 08, 2016, 10:27:34 am
Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on January 08, 2016, 10:25:54 am
I stand corrected...JC will come in and push everyone around in the 3A. Their opponents should just go ahead and forfeit now. Smackover doesn't stand a chance!!! (Sarcasm warning: for those of you who are too passionate to pick up on it)
not hard to be in the top 5 in any conference and make the playoffs.

That league should be interesting for the next couple of years. I would imagine the next cycle, JC may move back down to 2A.

Smackover, McGehee, Fordyce, Junction City, and Fouke will certainly make a very formidable group of 5 from that league.

I haven't looked, but what does Fouke and McGehee return for this next season? Should they be better or worse?

Will someone else besides Smackover win that league this year? They lost Jones, but sometimes losing a player you try very hard to get the ball to "X" amount of times per game, helps the team in the long run.

JC will certainly contend. I think the main difference is just pure numbers in the move from 2A to 3A. Will be interesting.

THA TRUTH

Smackover lost a few pretty good players including purifoy who really was their best player so they should see some slight down years coming

Black and Gold

Agree about Purifoy. They do have Edwards coming back and he's a pretty good back from what I've seen

ISU7

January 09, 2016, 12:44:37 pm #103 Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 04:10:35 pm by ISU7
Harding Academy will be loaded again, they lose their qb but three of their top receivers and their runningback will be back. RiverCrest will lose about 5 seniors one being Langston, but the Colts backfield will still be very good next season. Returning will be  three experience runningbacks and the starting qb who will be pushed by former all everything at RC in his time at Crest, Demoine Brown lil brother who was a three year starter for the Colts jr high team.The O and D- line will be huge again losing only one senior and gaining four more big guys two from jr. high that played in the post season and two more that missed last season. They will also have two of their Linebackers back who missed most of last season beginning from game 5 and 6.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hawgeye on January 09, 2016, 09:41:07 am
Quote from: Oldman on January 08, 2016, 10:27:34 am
I stand corrected...JC will come in and push everyone around in the 3A. Their opponents should just go ahead and forfeit now. Smackover doesn't stand a chance!!! (Sarcasm warning: for those of you who are too passionate to pick up on it)
not hard to be in the top 5 in any conference and make the playoffs.

That league should be interesting for the next couple of years. I would imagine the next cycle, JC may move back down to 2A.

Smackover, McGehee, Fordyce, Junction City, and Fouke will certainly make a very formidable group of 5 from that league.

I haven't looked, but what does Fouke and McGehee return for this next season? Should they be better or worse?

Will someone else besides Smackover win that league this year? They lost Jones, but sometimes losing a player you try very hard to get the ball to "X" amount of times per game, helps the team in the long run.

JC will certainly contend. I think the main difference is just pure numbers in the move from 2A to 3A. Will be interesting.

Smackover could move to 4a and j.c should fall back to 2a in 2018...

JC Guy

Where did that come from?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on January 09, 2016, 09:19:25 pm

They don't like serious two sided conversations on the 3a boards...

JC Guy

Quote from: HF on January 09, 2016, 10:27:03 pm

So they are no different than the 2A?😉

thabeast428

Jc will be there next yr and will surprise a bunch of people, just watch and see 😉

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on January 09, 2016, 11:07:45 pm
Quote from: HF on January 09, 2016, 10:27:03 pm

So they are no different than the 2A?😉

Possibly worse lol

WCD

JC will be competitive but to come on the 3A board and say they will win is like putting too much powder in the cannon. It's going to blow up on you sometime. Can the win their conference? Perhaps! Can the win the 3A State Title? Doubtful!

I guess we can all sit back and watch the Dragons as they have their first season in the 3A division. Time will tell!

Oh, by the way, I wish JC well! Welcome to the club.

WCD ;D

THA TRUTH

Quote from: WCD on January 19, 2016, 02:18:32 pm
JC will be competitive but to come on the 3A board and say they will win is like putting too much powder in the cannon. It's going to blow up on you sometime. Can the win their conference? Perhaps! Can the win the 3A State Title? Doubtful!

I guess we can all sit back and watch the Dragons as they have their first season in the 3A division. Time will tell!

Oh, by the way, I wish JC well! Welcome to the club.

WCD ;D

Jc has just as good of a chance as anyone after what I saw from the semi final teams

AlumniLights

FBfan79

JC will jump right in the mix of the top 3A teams.

AlumniLights

amehr36

Semis at least this year.

bleudog

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2016-2017/2016%20Football%20Schedule.pdf

ISU7

Quote from: HF on January 07, 2016, 02:44:33 pm
Wha? Rivercrest ran it down everyone's throats and made it to the finals this year...Charleston ran the same offense as last two-three years and got mercy rules at smackover...who liked to run the ball down teams throats, despite having a D1 kid at WR...
Exactly...+1

ISU7

Quote from: THA TRUTH on January 20, 2016, 12:01:53 pm

Jc has just as good of a chance as anyone after what I saw from the semi final teams
Really!!! well why didn't the mighty Dragons make it too the 2A finals. oops!!!! ::)

THA TRUTH

Got out played but that don't change that Jc beat a semifinal team in 3a that had no business losing there game

JC Guy

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 22, 2016, 09:03:17 pm
Got out played but that don't change that Jc beat a semifinal team in 3a that had no business losing there game
Had a bunch of baby dragons on both sides of the ball and they have a year in the big leagues under that belt now. Time will tell.

THA TRUTH

I feel they should hold their own and would win 2a if they were still down there but it all depends of Davis getting back and carpenter not holding the kids back like he did some last year

Proud Buckaroo

I heard Davis won't miss a single snap of football.

THA TRUTH

I wouldn't rush it anyway especially not with non conference games

Proud Buckaroo

I also heard he is already lifting weights.

THA TRUTH

bdubyab60

Why couldnt they win it. They should be better next year. Should be a very tough team to beat. You guys act like 3A is so much tougher when 2A schools beat 3A schools all the time.

I mean the 3A state runner up and another semi final team lost to 2A schools.

THA TRUTH

I'm saying this cause of Harding... If Conway Christian did that to Jc well

BigBrother

Ya ll kill me. How do you know what Davis is doing?

BigBrother

How did coach hold people back and who?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BigBrother on March 25, 2016, 09:06:50 am

Because I work with a guy whose son is on the team. Who is also friends with Davis. Since you asked. That's how I know.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: BigBrother on March 25, 2016, 09:06:50 am

Pretty close to the Davis family and as far as holding back it was Davis who he held back along with a few other sophomores

BigBrother

I bet. What other sophomores. You tell the net your smarter than Hutchinson and now your smarter than carpenter. All from a person who never ever ever played a mea nigful minute of high school athletics. Leave the men's business to the men and you go play with the kiddies

THA TRUTH

Hahaha the classic comeback when nothing meaningful can be stated

Alvin

Quote from: BigBrother on March 26, 2016, 07:27:48 am
I bet. What other sophomores. You tell the net your smarter than Hutchinson and now your smarter than carpenter. All from a person who never ever ever played a mea nigful minute of high school athletics. Leave the men's business to the men and you go play with the kiddies

Easy to hide behind a computer playing tough guy when no-one knows who you are isn't it?....but I'm just a chipmunk what do i know?

BigBrother

Ha ha nothing else needed.

ISU7

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 22, 2016, 09:03:17 pm
That game was played early in September.

ISU7

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 25, 2016, 01:15:56 am
Why couldnt they win it. They should be better next year. Should be a very tough team to beat. You guys act like 3A is so much tougher when 2A schools beat 3A schools all the time.

I mean the 3A state runner up and another semi final team lost to 2A schools.
Rivercrest lost too Earle by 7 points at Earle without the state single season rushing record holder Langston. That doesn't matter the Colts still managed too make it too the state Finals, something a lot of 2A teams has yet too experience . I for once think JC has as good of chance than any 3A team they will face. That's why you play the game. Good Luck to the Dragons and welcome too 3A.

NorthArkFball

Does JC have any big time players this year. I mean they always have talent but any college talents

THA TRUTH

Quote from: ISU7 on March 28, 2016, 04:12:47 pm
That game was played early in September.

But lack of coaching in smackover didn't change

BigBrother

Even I agree with the truff on that one

JC Guy

Quote from: NorthArkFball on March 28, 2016, 05:53:10 pm
Does JC have any big time players this year. I mean they always have talent but any college talents
We have a few that have drawn interest (as sophomores).

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: JC Guy on March 30, 2016, 08:16:52 am
We have a few that have drawn interest (as sophomores).
interest from colleges or the schools they came from in la.?

THA TRUTH

Let's just say Farmerville and summerfield are upset

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 30, 2016, 09:21:58 am
Let's just say Farmerville and summerfield are upset
lol just trying to keep you from  missing the 2a board.

BigBrother

Ask the truth or proud medicrioty. They are the resident young kid jock sniffers

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BigBrother on March 30, 2016, 09:48:53 pm
Ask the truth or proud medicrioty. They are the resident young kid jock sniffers

It seems we have ourselves a case of the butthurts..... I'm sorry. Does it offend you for me to post things that are fact? For me to inform people of a kids improvement from his injury? I was unaware I didn't have the freedom to do so. What a joke. lol.

Black and Gold

Quote from: BigBrother on March 30, 2016, 09:48:53 pm
What is medicrioty?

Proud Buckaroo

THA TRUTH

I believe he is implying the Bucks are mediocre but I'm just guessing and as for the question some of the juniors this year and maybe a few sophomores when they get up the talent in the seniors leans more towards baseball

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas