• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuttgart vs Arkedelphia in Kickoff Classic

Started by cuckoobird, August 27, 2014, 08:05:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

August 27, 2014, 08:05:08 am Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:09:36 am by cuckoobird
With this game less than a week away, I figured it's time to get this started. Last time we played the first game of the year we also played in the last game of the year.

mossflyer

History doesn't always repeat itself. 

Lots of unknowns going into this game.  How will Arkadelphia cope with replacing their QB/RB, and how will Stuttgart cope with their new coaching staff and style of play?  Should be interesting. 

purpleswag

LJ06

cuckoobird

Quote from: mossflyer on August 27, 2014, 08:46:48 am
History doesn't always repeat itself. 

Lots of unknowns going into this game.  How will Arkadelphia cope with replacing their QB/RB, and how will Stuttgart cope with their new coaching staff and style of play?  Should be interesting.
I know one of those questions have been answered already

mossflyer

Superjack45

cuckoobird

hawgfan15

The Badgers biggest question mark is the offensive line IMO. The defense should be just about as good as the last two years.

Arkadelphia 35

Stuttgart 14

phdefense

Badgers! Badgers? We don't need no stinking Badgers!

cuckoobird

Did warren run off all the arkie fans last year. Come on badgers its time to come out and play.

hogfan10

August 29, 2014, 11:30:32 am #11 Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:34:45 am by hogfan10
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 29, 2014, 11:19:05 am
Did warren run off all the arkie fans last year. Come on badgers its time to come out and play.

No, my guess is that we're in a wait and see mode right now. According to scrimmage reports, we looked pretty good against Valley View (I think), but I have no idea as to whether VV is any good this year or not. It appears we should be pretty strong defensively, and that we might have some question marks on the offensive side of the ball. Badgers won scrimmage against VV 41-7, defense allowed 3 first downs, VV's points were scored late on subs (probably by VV's subs also). I don't remember many offensive stats, but they were significant. The one offensive stat I do remember was that the Badger's up tempo offense ran 85+ plays, which would have most likely resulted in 100+ plays if not for a continuous clock throughout the second half of scrimmage.

By the way, you spelled ArkAdelphia wrong in your thread title. After Monday, I'm sure you'll remember the proper spelling.

LJ06

Quote from: hogfan10 on August 29, 2014, 11:30:32 am

No, my guess is that we're in a wait and see mode right now. According to scrimmage reports, we looked pretty good against Valley View (I think), but I have no idea as to whether VV is any good this year or not. It appears we should be pretty strong defensively, and that we might have some question marks on the offensive side of the ball. Badgers won scrimmage against VV 41-7, defense allowed 3 first downs, VV's points were scored late on subs (probably by VV's subs also). I don't remember many offensive stats, but they were significant. The one offensive stat I do remember was that the Badger's up tempo offense ran 85+ plays, which would have most likely resulted in 100+ plays if not for a continuous clock throughout the second half of scrimmage.

By the way, you spelled ArkAdelphia wrong in your thread title. After Monday, I'm sure you'll remember the proper spelling.

Well if nothing else your defense should be as good if not better than last year

cuckoobird

Misspelling noted. This game will have plenty of action with both teams running a fast pace. During our scrimmage the defense did pretty good against the spread so it will be interesting to see. I hope anyway.

hogfan10

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 29, 2014, 11:46:01 am
Misspelling noted. This game will have plenty of action with both teams running a fast pace. During our scrimmage the defense did pretty good against the spread so it will be interesting to see. I hope anyway.

I haven't seen us practice, play, or scrimmage; but I don't think we really run a spread. I think our goal is up tempo, run as many plays as possible. I would say our offensive scheme (at least the last few years, with our current coach) most resembles Auburn's. I'm not saying it's a good offense (nor am I saying it's a bad one), I'm just saying it is based on the run game, and that we want to wear you down with the pace we run it.

cuckoobird

Yeah i know what you mean. Its the spread though. Dont always assume that means passing

hogfan10

Quote from: LJ06 on August 29, 2014, 11:39:55 am
Quote from: hogfan10 on August 29, 2014, 11:30:32 am

Well if nothing else your defense should be as good if not better than last year

Maybe, maybe not. DL should be stout, have some new faces at LB and in the secondary. Two of this years offensive starters (QB, TB) were defensive starters last year (FS, CB), so it could possibly be worse.

cuckoobird

hogfan10

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 29, 2014, 12:10:50 pm
Yeah i know what you mean. Its the spread though. Dont always assume that means passing

Agree, but I think of the spread as not just passing, but also in gimmickry and misdirection. I don't think we do a lot of that. Now, we don't play with a traditional fullback, but instead we use our FB as a HB/slot. So technically I guess we spread the field more than a traditional I-formation team would.

hogfan10

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 29, 2014, 12:15:09 pm
How many going both ways?

As far as I know, 0. Of course as the season goes on, and depending on needs that could change.

cuckoobird

hogfan10

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 29, 2014, 12:19:49 pm
About 4 for us

I should say I'm not aware of anyone starting on both sides of the ball, but there are a few who might log some time on both sides of the ball depending on game situations.

cuckoobird

Quote from: hogfan10 on August 29, 2014, 12:22:07 pm
About 4 for us

I should say I'm not aware of anyone starting on both sides of the ball, but there are a few who might log some time on both sides of the ball depending on game situations.
Well that's true for us too in certain cituations

phdefense

Hopefully the defense will contain the badgers.

Big Fan

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 29, 2014, 02:45:47 pm
About 4 for us

What is a cituation? 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Big Fan on August 29, 2014, 07:33:07 pm
About 4 for us

What is a cituation?
One of those dudes on The Jersey Shore.

Big Fan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 29, 2014, 08:12:36 pm
About 4 for us

What is a cituation?
What's The Jersey Shore? 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Big Fan on August 29, 2014, 09:31:43 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 29, 2014, 08:12:36 pm
About 4 for us

What is a cituation?
What's The Jersey Shore?
Google...

cuckoobird

OLDSCHOOL82

Where's the voice of arkie?  03badger i think was his handle.

bullseye

SUGARTOWN

It's Gameday....let's hope we have an injury free game!

cuckoobird

Getting ready to leave after the senior breakfast. Should be a rowdy crowd with a full day of tailgating.

Superjack45

Oldbadger

Is the Arkadelphia game going to be streamed live somewhere?

cuckoobird

TIGER101

Quote from: phdefense on August 29, 2014, 04:55:53 pm
Hopefully the defense will contain the badgers.

Nice one!!!!  What is a badger pelt worth these days?

cuckoobird

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 01, 2014, 10:44:53 am
Is the Arkadelphia game going to be streamed live somewhere?
You can download the Country 97.3 app and listen on your smart phone. :)

TIGER101

cuckoobird

TIGER101

TIGER101

phdefense

cuckoobird

The schedule from the school says 6. I dont have a clue how accurate it is

phdefense

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 01, 2014, 12:12:47 pm
The schedule from the school says 6. I dont have a clue how accurate it is
I was going by the thinking that Buzz and Hootens both start at 5:30 so they can both claim to be hosting the "first" game.

cuckoobird

Well I'll be there around 130 so i wont miss kickoff

SUGARTOWN

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas