• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A Benefit Games

Started by apache_alum_90, August 26, 2014, 09:46:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

apache_alum_90

Who played who and how'd each team do?
Pottsville hosted Lavaca and I saw on a 4-3A thread that Lavaca might be a 5 seed at best. If that is true this is how I see 4-4A playing out
1. Dardanelle
2. Clinton/Pulaski Robinson
3. Clinton/Pulaski Robinson
4. Ozark/Pottsville
5. Ozark/Pottsville
Our defense looked good they could stop Lavaca and was pushing them back. But our offense looked spotty they could move the ball but took too long to find end zone. We play 12 plays each, 10 plays, then 5. Scored once on an interception and once on a run from about 30 out. Then 2nd half played two 12 minute quarters an couldn't score till 4 minutes into 4 qt. We got a lot of work to do before Gravette next Friday, the the pain begins, Morrilton, Russellville then Dardanelle. I see Pottsville going 4-3 or it could be 3-4 in conference! I hope the boys prove me wrong though!

hillbilly

Morrilton 14
Ozark 13

Ozark missed a PAT and a field goal as time expired.

The Coach

Dardanelle's starters played a qtr vs Paris and was up 22-0 and the final was 22-7 for a half.

Gray lizard

apache_alum_90
Don't worry to much about Pottsville being slow to move the ball.  Clock control is one of coach Rust game plans.  Remember if they have the ball the other team is not scoring. The few games I watched last year they might use almost a full 1/4 on a drive.  It is not as fun to watch but very effective.

How did they look on linemen size?

I have to come out!  I am now a Gray Apache.  Wife is employed by the district and my youngest is in the 5th grade.  I also coach the peewee team.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Gray lizard on August 27, 2014, 08:05:06 am
apache_alum_90
Don't worry to much about Pottsville being slow to move the ball.  Clock control is one of coach Rust game plans.   Remember if they have the ball the other team is not scoring. The few games I watched last year they might use almost a full 1/4 on a drive.  It is not as fun to watch but very effective.

I have to come out!  I am now a Gray Apache.  Wife is employed by the district and my youngest is in the 5th grade.  I also coach the peewee team.

Gotta remember Rust is a Booneville boy. 

Basketball13

Subiaco played a little against Charleston. Don't know the score but I believe Charleston won by a TD. Can't really explain because I was not there.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Basketball13 on August 27, 2014, 11:06:16 am
Subiaco played a little against Charleston. Don't know the score but I believe Charleston won by a TD. Can't really explain because I was not there.

Bball 13... whats your prediction on your ole trojans this year?

apache_alum_90

Quote from: Gray lizard on August 27, 2014, 08:05:06 am
apache_alum_90
Don't worry to much about Pottsville being slow to move the ball.  Clock control is one of coach Rust game plans.  Remember if they have the ball the other team is not scoring. The few games I watched last year they might use almost a full 1/4 on a drive.  It is not as fun to watch but very effective.

The lineman size looked good. But moving the ball wasn't the issue it was ball control and turnovers. Against a better team it might get ugly fast! They were stopping Lavaca on defense but on offense they would drive the whole field and then turn it over or fumble on a long run.

ATU

Subi played Charleston for a half and lost 13 to 7.But subi looked good there QB was good.He is more of a running back but Chs had a hard time stopping him.

SUGARTOWN

Robinson scrimmaged Sylvan Hills and Greenbrier. The offense put several td's on the board but the defense gave up just as many. Could be a lot of shootouts this year for them.

cuckoobird

What about clinton? Who did they play and how did it go?

Big Fan

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 27, 2014, 06:43:55 pm
Are you concerned? 

centralarfan

Quote from: ATU on August 27, 2014, 04:40:21 pm
Subi played Charleston for a half and lost 13 to 7.But subi looked good there QB was good.He is more of a running back but Chs had a hard time stopping him.
This is true. Coach pulled Subi starters in the red zone. It was a closer game than what the score indicated.

OLDSCHOOL82

You don't get much closer than one score.

Clintonjacket44

I could honestly see Subiaco shocking a few 4-4A teams. Won't be easy week with the Trojans anymore. First week of season should really show a lot about how this conference will turn out.

Jacketman65

Quote from: Big Fan on August 27, 2014, 07:03:38 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 27, 2014, 06:43:55 pm
Are you concerned?
He is just afraid that Stuttgart will run into them in the playoffs, of course Clinton will be the higher seed!

cuckoobird

Well everyone else has posted how they did but clinton fans havnt. Not concerned, curious.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 28, 2014, 07:11:09 am
Well everyone else has posted how they did but clinton fans havnt. Not concerned, curious.
I don't think they could find anybody to scrimmage them. Everybody was scared...

cuckoobird

whippersnapper

Well 44 is a "fan" but is being smart about his posts like he should.

armchajrhog5

Dover scrimmaged Fountain Lake
Ist part was a set number of plays for both teams offense-
2nd half was 2- 12 minute quarters that   finished   21 -21
My take
Offense looked good -line pushed FH around and the running backs will hit the hole. Price is going to have a lot of yards this year. The soph.fullback-Dale will run over you
Davis at QB is solid -however he  did not show any thing in the passing game[only threw once and it was dropped.]
Defense -Shades of last year-Fountain Lake offense was good and that may be some of the reason but....
.-Interior line is very good-The Foundren[apologies if miss spelled] kid is a beast
-The d backs are better but still a work in progress
-got 2 very good linebackers  and 2 that need a lot of improvement
-d-ends could not contain-
Could be some high scoring games this year.

mastiff

Is Dover looking to be better this year? I know one game that you guys will walk through is week 1. Atkins did not look good at their benefit game vs Danville/Hector and lost their starting running back to a broken collarbone as well. I hope that kid gets better but maybe that will help the Boneyard get their first win of the season. Just saying.

GO WILDCATS!!!!!!

Jacketman65

Everyone?

DogsWin7

Quote from: Jacketman65 on August 28, 2014, 04:25:29 pm
Everyone?
He lives in his own little world here on FF.....;) lol! :)

cuckoobird

Everyone but AB and clinton. I heard the AB coach on the radio yesterday though so ive heard about everyone but clinton.

Jacketman65

Oh, we will be OK!  We do have a pretty good QB!  Just don't understand why you are so interested in Clinton all of the sudden.  Can you not get us out of your mind?

Big Fan

Quote from: Jacketman65 on August 28, 2014, 09:07:24 pm
Oh, we will be OK!  We do have a pretty good QB!  Just don't understand why you are so interested in Clinton all of the sudden.  Can you not get us out of your mind?
He is infatuated.

cuckoobird

August 28, 2014, 09:17:29 pm #27 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:20:53 pm by cuckoobird
This is the conference you play in correct? I should have taken sugars advice and not tried to have a football conversation with you. Youre incapable

Big Fan

Jacketman65

Quote from: Big Fan on August 28, 2014, 09:24:14 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 28, 2014, 09:17:29 pm
Youre incapable
How does it feel to meet the kettle?
Ziiinnnnggggg!  You asked, I answered!  Now what is the problem?

cuckoobird

August 28, 2014, 09:58:43 pm #30 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:01:27 pm by cuckoobird
Ok aw

Jacketman65

armchajrhog5

Quote from: mastiff on August 28, 2014, 11:43:15 am
Is Dover looking to be better this year? I know one game that you guys will walk through is week 1. Atkins did not look good at their benefit game vs Danville/Hector and lost their starting running back to a broken collarbone as well. I hope that kid gets better but maybe that will help the Boneyard get their first win of the season. Just saying.

GO WILDCATS!!!!!!
They will be  better especially on offense. A couple of kids step up on defense they will be a lot better.
Week 1 at Atkins is like a curse to Dover.Atkins has a great bunch of hard working  kids and they have a very good coaching staff,
and most important they seem to find a way to win against Dover -even when the Pirates have the better team.

mastiff

Don't worry. Their defense is not good. I wonder who the D-coordinator is?

Billy the Kid

Now don't go making excuses for the Pirates. When they're starting QB and Middle Linebacker tore his ACL the 5 play in the game it was not an excuse. The Pirates would prefer you not to worry actually.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas