• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville vs El Dorado

Started by ~WPS~, August 25, 2014, 06:20:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

August 25, 2014, 06:20:43 pm Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:22:49 pm by Ballplayer1
Thursday, 6:30 at SAU. Should be a good game as usual. Last year they played 1 quarter against each other in a jamboree style scrimmage and it ended tied at 14. This year is a true head to head game. I expect the starters will play the first half and it'll finally be a chance to see Nashville play another team, a good one at that.

hawgfan15

A good test to help prepare us for Hope

LJ06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 25, 2014, 07:18:52 pm

I really wish I could see that one. Should be one of the best games in the state. Good luck and represent the 4A well!

hawgfan15

Quote from: LJ06 on August 25, 2014, 07:38:47 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 25, 2014, 07:18:52 pm

I really wish I could see that one. Should be one of the best games in the state. Good luck and represent the 4A well!

No doubt. There are a bunch of Hope posters these days so game week should be fun too.

Bigredhog1971

What makes Nashville better then they were last year?

~WPS~

August 25, 2014, 09:02:11 pm #5 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:05:37 pm by Ballplayer1
I don't know for a fact that they will be better. I'm assuming they will be due to the progression of a very talented group of juniors, plus the addition of a soph RB, and a duel threat QB. As well as a new approach on both sides of the ball. An approach that better fits the players on the field. After next week we will all know if they're better, at least at an early point in the year.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 25, 2014, 09:02:11 pm
I don't know for a fact that they will be better. I'm assuming they will be due to the progression of a very talented group of juniors, plus the addition of a soph RB, and a duel threat QB. As well as a new approach on both sides of the ball. An approach that better fits the players on the field. After next week we will all know if they're better, at least at an early point in the year.

You do a great job of being modest lol

There is no doubt that Nashville will be better. The question is just how much better will they be. They return all of their key playmakers and replace a below average senior class with a solid sophomore class. The junior class is loaded, 9 of them started as sophomores last year. The senior class is very solid as well. Bringing up junior high is frowned upon but all 3 classes have gone undefeated their 9th grade years beating El Dorado, Hope, Arkansas High, Hot Springs, Malvern, etc. This is the first time in 5+ years we have had 3 good classes at once.

The biggest improvement and the reason I think this team will be really good is because of the personnel changes they have made. Moving JR Leonard Snell to QB allows that dual threat option that we have seen Dawson have a lot of success with. The previous QB SR Lucas Liggin has moved to ILB and Hback. He has bought in and excelled at those positions. Great leader. This summer they had two kids move back to Nashville who will play huge roles on this team. One is a SR who started as a SOPH at LB and then went to a Math/Science school his junior year. The other is a junior who is a big play waiting to happen at WR and the best DB on the team. The best change was bringing in Brad Chesshir as the DC. He has brought life back to the defense. He was a LB on two of the state championships teams.

I'm not sure yet if this team will win a conference championship, play in December, or win a state championship. But they won't lose 6 ball games or lose in the first round. Which should answer your question.

~WPS~

I just try to let everyone stay in the dark and be in for a surprise. Lol

hawgfan15

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 25, 2014, 09:50:54 pm
I just try to let everyone stay in the dark and be in for a surprise. Lol

Lol I hear you!

Bigredhog1971

I was just curious I didn't have the pleasure of watching Nashville last year and the only team I saw that played Nashville was Lincoln and I wasn't inpressed by them at all.

polksalet

The rb has a little speed....

~WPS~

If I heard right, the scrimmage will be starters in the 1st half and everyone else in the 2nd half.

cuckoobird

Everyone take a seat because i dont want any injuries when you read this. I hope nashville tears a new one in eldo even though its a scrimmage. Win one for the lil guys

hawgfan15

I hope we do, should be an entertaining scrimmage

LCC

Nashville is whipping El Dorado in the first half. El Dorado is down 13-3 and can't run the ball at all.

hawgfan15

Good showing tonight by Nashville. Darius Hopkins had somewhere around 150 yds and 2 TD's. One TD was a 70 yd run. The defense looked solid, extremely good against the run. The varsity teams scrimmaged the 1st half. JV about to start

Nashville 13

El Dorado 3

cuckoobird

Way to go scrappers. Now that the varsity is finished, im no longer a scrapper fan.

~WPS~

Dominating performance by the Scrappers tonight! Clean up the mistakes and this would've been much much worse. El Do never moved the ball with any success.

02 bobcats

How did Snell and the soph rb play 2nite?

wildboy44

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 28, 2014, 07:53:08 pm
Good showing tonight by Nashville. Darius Hopkins had somewhere around 150 yds and 2 TD's. One TD was a 70 yd run. The defense looked solid, extremely good against the run. The varsity teams scrimmaged the 1st half. JV about to start

Nashville 13

El Dorado 3
how did El darado look tonight

~WPS~

The RB Hopkins had a good night. He's got an ability to find a hole like no other. And he's got that breakaway speed. Like Hawgfan said he had around 150 yards and 2 TDs. Snell looked pretty good. He threw some good balls tonight, no picks. Without a few drops he would've had a TD or two. El Dorado didn't live up to my expectation of a defending state champ. No ability to run the ball, both QBs threw the ball poorly. The defense was gashed on the ground numerous times. But they will get better, just look at last year and compare their early year performance to the late year performance. They'll be fine.

02 bobcats

Should be a great game next Friday night here in Hempstead county!

~WPS~

02 bobcats

Have they got any weapons 2 help pettway n the young Rb n QB out this year?

paraloma

Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 29, 2014, 01:33:48 pm
Have they got any weapons 2 help pettway n the young Rb n QB out this year?

Snell and Grundy.

02 bobcats

I saw the Snell kid at the 7 on 7 in hope and team camp in Nashville. He looks pretty good

hawgfan15

Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 29, 2014, 02:17:43 pm
I saw the Snell kid at the 7 on 7 in hope and team camp in Nashville. He looks pretty good

There is a JR WR #14 Trey Hughes who is pretty good. 6'2 or 6'3. JR WR #10 Deajeon Armstrong is a big play threat in the slot. Nashville has plenty of weapons. More weapons than we had on the 3peat teams. Honest statement

LJ06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 29, 2014, 03:21:24 pm

There is a JR WR #14 Trey Hughes who is pretty good. 6'2 or 6'3. JR WR #10 Deajeon Armstrong is a big play threat in the slot. Nashville has plenty of weapons. More weapons than we had on the 3peat teams. Honest statement

lol that's a big statement

02 bobcats

Wow they should be pretty hard 2 beat with that much talent. Should be a great game. They are young and talented and we are young and talented. They saw a lot of each other this summer so it should be a exciting game

~WPS~

Quote from: LJ06 on August 29, 2014, 03:58:29 pm

Crazy to say but it's true.

hawgfan15

Quote from: LJ06 on August 29, 2014, 03:58:29 pm

Yep it is and I was hesitant to say it but it's true. Scoggins and Serrano were two of the best to ever play for Nashville but they were relied on heavily to make all of the plays. There were others who were solid football players but this years team has a lot more depth and big play guys. Whitmore would have put up even bigger stats if he had this group to throw to.

Of course we all know the line play is what made those teams great. The verdict is still out if we will be back at that level on the line. We are much improved there though

Hoghead

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 28, 2014, 07:53:08 pm

Nashville 13

El Dorado 3

Hope 14
Texarkana 3

Next Friday in Hope should be  a doozy between the Bobcats and Scrappers. I think its year 92 of the Rivalry ?

polksalet

I'm lookin forward to this more than any hope game ever. It's gonna be a war. Hog head, I'll be the fat hillbilly in the Johnny Football hat. If you see me say hello.

02 bobcats

So am I. This is a real measuring stick for both teams. Get their early if u don't wanna walk a mile 2 get to the stadium. Hammonds stadium gone be rocking early Sept 5

Hoghead

Quote from: polksalet on August 30, 2014, 01:09:12 pm
I'm lookin forward to this more than any hope game ever. It's gonna be a war. Hog head, I'll be the fat hillbilly in the Johnny Football hat. If you see me say hello.
I will be in the South End Zone in Red Ike Turner gear !!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas