• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport 2014

Started by PWDad, August 22, 2014, 03:31:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PWDad

How good are they gonna be this year? Where is their strength and weaknesses?

whippersnapper

They have a chance to be real good. Their strength is their senior class. Weakness is overall lack of size and depth

biker_harley87

Watched the Hounds play the Eagles and what I saw was Newport is very small and I see 7/3 season. Hope for more. The QB for the Eagles looked good.

whippersnapper

The 1st string looked good tonight I thought. Some early season jitters it looked like but they will be fine. GO HOUNDS

The Ref

Who did Newport scrimmage? "Eagles"

whippersnapper

PWDad

I watched their scrimmage last night with Vilonia. They have some very good athletes on the team. Honestly, they are just short on kids. They look to be coached well and would put a lick on ya. Vilonia looked pretty good too. I think both teams will have decent seasons.

PWDad

And by the way, that lineman from Newport, 62 I believe, is the real deal. The kid is a hoss!

CatchTheGreyhound!

Newport in my opinion is in the top 5. Reason being, they are very discipline and the qb is a great decision maker.

arklasports57

Quote from: whippersnapper on August 22, 2014, 07:51:28 pm
They have a chance to be real good. Their strength is their senior class. Weakness is overall lack of size and depth

Sounds a little like Arkadelphia last year.  We'll see how it shakes out.

CatchTheGreyhound!

September 18, 2014, 08:03:35 pm #10 Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:00:02 pm by CatchTheGreyhound!
Quote from: arklasports57 on September 18, 2014, 04:40:31 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on August 22, 2014, 07:51:28 pm

Sounds a little like Arkadelphia last year.  We'll see how it shakes out.
Any given friday...anything is possible!  Turner is one one of the best backs in the state...really brings life to our offense

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas