• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A 2014

Started by Gray lizard, August 20, 2014, 11:25:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

AR Baptist
Clinton
Dardanelle
Dover
Ozark
Pottsville
Robinson
Subiaco

Any one out there care to talk about this conf.?  I know it is a little week but surely someone supports some of these teams.  I would love to see some post other than the same three teams over and over.  No heated fans.  May have to get something started.  Just to get things started( not my true feelings ) here goes.

I think Dardanelle will start off the year with a bang and put up lots of points on Danville.
I also think they will put it to Clarksville.
Here is the surprize I see an upset of Booneville.

I also think they will cake walk through the 4-4A and go into the playoffs a perpect 10-0.

Now surely someone has something to say about that.

cuckoobird

I agree. If clinton is the second best team in the conference expect 0-5 first round of playoffs unless the 1 seed gets a buy

OLDSCHOOL82

Dardanelle has the talent but they usually find a way to waste it.  Pottsville has a good program and is very disciplined but they have to replace Perry.  Their line was young last year.  Dover will be talented but all sophmores.  Clinton? Ozark may be worse than last year.  Robinson? Subi is subi. Ar Baptist?

I think Pottsville will ultimately win the conference on a gut feeling.  Followed by Dardanelle, Clinton, and then the rest.

SUGARTOWN

Robinson will put some points on the board, if their defense has improved they'll be a big threat in this conference. I'll be at their first game against Bauxite so I'll get a look for myself.

Gray lizard

You have to admit Ozark has a challanging non-conf.  Booneville, Charleston, and Clarksville.  Two State Champs.
Pottsville is Pretty tough as well with Morrilton and Russellville.

Jacketman65

Quote from: Gray lizard on August 20, 2014, 11:25:49 am
AR Baptist
Clinton
Dardanelle
Dover
Ozark
Pottsville
Robinson
Subiaco

Any one out there care to talk about this conf.?  I know it is a little week but surely someone supports some of these teams.  I would love to see some post other than the same three teams over and over.  No heated fans.  May have to get something started.  Just to get things started( not my true feelings ) here goes.

I think Dardanelle will start off the year with a bang and put up lots of points on Danville.

I also think they will cake walk through the 4-4A and go into the playoffs a perpect 10-0.

Glad you started this thread lizard, you beat me to it.  First off we are looking forward to the challenge of a new conference with you guys in the 4-4A.  I think that you guys will win the conf. with either Clinton or Pottsville being # 2 and 3.  For me the question will be Robinson.  Upsetting Boonville will be a tall order,  however I hope you can do it.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Jacketman65 on August 20, 2014, 01:43:35 pm
AR Baptist
Clinton
Dardanelle
Dover
Ozark
Pottsville
Robinson
Subiaco

Glad you started this thread lizard, you beat me to it.  First off we are looking forward to the challenge of a new conference with you guys in the 4-4A.  I think that you guys will win the conf. with either Clinton or Pottsville being # 2 and 3.  For me the question will be Robinson.  Upsetting Boonville will be a tall order,  however I hope you can do it.
What school are you from again?   

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 20, 2014, 02:04:58 pm
AR Baptist
Clinton
Dardanelle
Dover
Ozark
Pottsville
Robinson
Subiaco

I belive he is from clinton.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 20, 2014, 12:54:38 pm
Dardanelle has the talent but they usually find a way to waste it.  Pottsville has a good program and is very disciplined but they have to replace Perry.  Their line was young last year.  Dover will be talented but all sophmores.  Clinton? Ozark may be worse than last year.  Robinson? Subi is subi. Ar Baptist?

I think Pottsville will ultimately win the conference on a gut feeling.  Followed by Dardanelle, Clinton, and then the rest.

I have to disagree with you on 2 points. Dardanelle hasn't had been overly blessed with talent since the 2006 team. I also think Dover's JR class is a lot better group than the Sophomore class.

Gray lizard

I am not sure what they are feeding the boys from Dardanelle or there work out,but these are not boys but men.  When I played back in the early 80"s we were in shape. These young boys are built like bricks now.  They must spend a lot of time in the weight room. Is this normal I have not noticed this in the past.
I know they have good spead and it appears they will be very strong as well.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Gray lizard on August 20, 2014, 02:35:43 pm
I am not sure what they are feeding the boys from Dardanelle or there work out,but these are not boys but men.  When I played back in the early 80"s we were in shape. These young boys are built like bricks now.  They must spend a lot of time in the weight room. Is this normal I have not noticed this in the past.
I know they have good spead and it appears they will be very strong as well.

Its all because of whats in the Tyson Chicken!!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on August 20, 2014, 02:29:11 pm

I have to disagree with you on 2 points. Dardanelle hasn't had been overly blessed with talent since the 2006 team. I also think Dover's JR class is a lot better group than the Sophomore class.

I normally dont do this but i will also disagree.  Dover does have a decent jr class but over all i think the 9th grade class, at this moment or during last year, has/had more overall talent.  That doesnt mean it will continue to mature and mean great things at the Sr High level. I am going back on Dardanelle for many years before 06.   They have a pretty decent sophmore class this year to go with the rest.

Jacketman65

AR Baptist
Clinton
Dardanelle
Dover
Ozark
Pottsville
Robinson
Subiaco

Struttgart!

cuckoobird

Quote from: Jacketman65 on August 20, 2014, 03:07:55 pm
AR Baptist
Clinton
Dardanelle
Dover
Ozark
Pottsville
Robinson
Subiaco

Struttgart!
wow, he really cant help himself

apache_alum_90

August 20, 2014, 06:31:00 pm #14 Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:11:21 pm by apache_alum_90
Pottsville has looked pretty good through spring and summer practice. Dugger will do good at QB.  We've got some speed at RB and a powerful FB. Got quite a few good Recievers and Dugger can throw pretty good. Dardanelle will be a fight as well as Clinton and Pulaski Robinson. I wouldn't throw the towel in on Ozark yet I heard they might surprise a few! And gray lizard you might want to turn on spell check,
spead - speed
Perfect - perfect!

Jacketman65

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 20, 2014, 03:31:25 pm
Quote from: Jacketman65 on August 20, 2014, 03:07:55 pm
AR Baptist
Clinton
Dardanelle
Dover
Ozark
Pottsville
Robinson
Subiaco

Struttgart!
wow, he really cant help himself
Look Cook, I've left you girls so go and troll back to your own thread! No need for you to stalk over here like you do everywhere else!  It is obvious you don't understand! :)

Jacketman65

Cuck, if you need help finding your way one of your threads has my name on it and the other is the 3 stooges thread!

taclark1996

1.clinton
2. Dardanelle
3. P.R.
4. Pottsville
5.Dover
6. Ozark
7. Arkansas baptist
8. Subi

I believe it will be a great game for 1st place, I believe Clinton will have the most improvement from last year in the 4a, but returning 10 players on offense for Dardanelle will provide some great improvement as well (I see the game being very close) P.R. Has an amazing QB and a very good offense but with a defense that gives up a lot of points will not help, but they will still be a very good team, Pottsville will also be a good team but filling Perry's shoes will be hard. Dover is a slowly rising team with a talented soph. class, Ozark will be fighting for a 5th seed with Dover, Arkansas Baptist could make noise with a good passing game but they need to improve there defense, and Subi..... Enough said there Subi.

CounterPunch

August 20, 2014, 09:33:30 pm #18 Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:12:54 am by CounterPunch
AR Baptist
Clinton
Dardanelle
Dover
Ozark
Pottsville
Robinson
Subiaco

and then get beat 1st round.

TSW

Quote from: Jacketman65 on August 20, 2014, 07:16:32 pm
Cuck, if you need help finding your way one of your threads has my name on it and the other is the 3 stooges thread!

If you are calling me a stooge , I have not said anything about you or Clinton. I have not commented on any of y'all's childish behavior b/w you and whom ever you decide to put down.  Leave me out of your childish remarks please .

Gray lizard

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on August 20, 2014, 06:31:00 pm
Pottsville has looked pretty good through spring and summer practice, Dugger will do good at QB, and we've got some speed at RB and a powerful FB. Got quite a few good Recievers and Dugger can throw. Dardanelle will be a fight, but so will Clinton, Pulaski Robinson and I wouldn't throw the towel in on Ozark yet I heard they might surprise a few! And gray lizard you might want to turn on spell check,
spead- speed
Perfect- perfect!
Sorry we did not have spell check in the 80's when I went to school.  We only had one computer in the school.  I will try to do better.  Fat fingers and time are the rootof my spelling problem.  You really should not be hard on spelling untill you get your punctuation down. This is just a message board after all.

Gray lizard

Besides youn just hve to b a C average to play foatball.

Lets just talk football.

Jacketman65

TSW, I was not the one that posted your name nor did I use your name in any post.  Perhaps you should go have a talk with some of your buddies.  What I said was not intended to upset you so I guess that I should say that I'm sorry.   :'(  Funny though wherever some of us go on FF, some of your guys always show up!

cuckoobird

August 21, 2014, 08:47:49 am #23 Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:52:01 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Jacketman65 on August 21, 2014, 08:20:28 am
TSW, I was not the one that posted your name nor did I use your name in any post.  Perhaps you should go have a talk with some of your buddies.  What I said was not intended to upset you so I guess that I should say that I'm sorry.   :'(  Funny though wherever some of us go on FF, some of your guys always show up!
FYI I posted on this thread before you and so did sugar. hard to follow you when we were here first

SUGARTOWN

Now Cuckoo don't start using logic you'll just mess up his already fragile mind even more.

LXXIII

Quote from: Gray lizard on August 21, 2014, 08:14:59 am
Pottsville has looked pretty good through spring and summer practice, Dugger will do good at QB, and we've got some speed at RB and a powerful FB. Got quite a few good Recievers and Dugger can throw. Dardanelle will be a fight, but so will Clinton, Pulaski Robinson and I wouldn't throw the towel in on Ozark yet I heard they might surprise a few! And gray lizard you might want to turn on spell check,
spead- speed
Perfect- perfect!
Sorry we did not have spell check in the 80's when I went to school.  We only had one computer in the school.  I will try to do better.  Fat fingers and time are the rootof my spelling problem.  You really should not be hard on spelling untill you get your punctuation down. This is just a message board after all.

Yeah, Gray lizard there are a quite a few run-on sentences that are capped off by comma splices.  apache_alum_90 (notice a lack of capitalization because his handle isn't capitalized) you should know better than that because you were taught by one of the best English teachers in the state, Mrs. Pyatt (that is if you graduated before 2005 as you handle suggests).  Also Gray lizard, it does no good if you defend yourself only to make the same mistakes again in your response.  Either way, this is a football forum not a grammar forum.  So, as long as it is readable, you guys should learn to let it go.

Grammar-Nazi out!

apache_alum_90

Pottsville has looked pretty good through spring and summer practice. Dugger will do good at QB.  We've got some speed at RB and a powerful FB. Got quite a few good Recievers and Dugger can throw pretty good. Dardanelle will be a fight as well as Clinton and Pulaski Robinson. I wouldn't throw the towel in on Ozark yet I heard they might surprise a few! And gray lizard you might want to turn on spell check,
spead - speed
Perfect - perfect!
Hello Guys,
I fixed my previous grammar mistakes. If I'm right they give redos in school now. Please grade to your satisfaction.
             Thank you,
              apache_alum_90
ROFLMBO!

Jacketman65

Any Ozark faithful out there?  How are they looking this year?

x14113

Well, after watching them tonight, it's safe to say that the Hillbillies look...

...like the Keystone Kops. ;D

This has been typical for a few years now, though. Tuesday will tell a better tale.

x14113

There just might be something to Ozark's chances this year.

The Hillbillies held their own in a scrimmage against Morrilton tonight, with the Dogs holding a slight edge due to a missed PAT and FG.

The backups, OTOH, seemed rather porous on defense. It'll be same song, second verse if the injury bug hits again.

How's everyone else fared so far?

3 Dollar

1...Dardanelle
2...Clinton
3...Pottsville
4...Pulaski Robinson
5...Arkansas Baptist
6...Ozark
7...Dover
8...Subiaco

8)

SandRattler

1...Dardanelle
2...Clinton
3...Pulaski Robinson
4...Dover
5...Pottsville
6...Arkansas Baptist
7...Ozark
8...Subiaco

Didn't realize how much Pottsville had lost until I watch them scrimmage Lavaca!

APACHE

Quote from: SandRattler on August 28, 2014, 11:42:13 am
1...Dardanelle
2...Clinton
3...Pulaski Robinson
4...Dover
5...Pottsville
6...Arkansas Baptist
7...Ozark
8...Subiaco

Didn't realize how much Pottsville had lost until I watch them scrimmage Lavaca!

Would you care to elaborate. Give us that sit on the other side a visitor view point. Thanks

SandRattler

Now Apache just an observation watching Pottsville playing a mediocre 3A team and seemed to struggle in moving ball. Stopped them ok I guess but their center was probably more help to Pottsville than he was to them. Perry has not been replaced yet but I am sure things will get better as the season rolls on.

Lacerta agilis

After week 1 I bet a lot of people will shuffle their predictions on how the conference standings will shake out. I know I have.

x14113

Initial glances after one week:

1) Despite the final score, Ozark looks better than expected...and is poised to get even better as the season progresses.

2) Clinton looks worse than expected...a 1-6 start to the season suddenly looks plausible.

3) Subi, Dover, Robinson, and Baptist are inconclusive, if only because we don't quite know how good (or bad) their opponents really are. On another note, if Cedric Cobbs is keeping an eye on his War Eagles, he must be feeling sick to his stomach.

4) Dardy and Pottsville look about as good as expected, but next week will tell the real story.

skydog

Ozark will be fine. They played many 10th graders against a very good booneville team and surprised many from both sides. What was surprising was how the young guys were not intimidated by a team that was supposed to beat them as bad as everyone predicted. Most every tackle there was a helmet on the ground from both sides. Pads were popping all night. That's the way football is supposed to be played.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: x14113 on September 06, 2014, 12:34:52 pm
Initial glances after one week:

1) Despite the final score, Ozark looks better than expected...and is poised to get even better as the season progresses.

2) Clinton looks worse than expected...a 1-6 start to the season suddenly looks plausible.

3) Subi, Dover, Robinson, and Baptist are inconclusive, if only because we don't quite know how good (or bad) their opponents really are. On another note, if Cedric Cobbs is keeping an eye on his War Eagles, he must be feeling sick to his stomach.

4) Dardy and Pottsville look about as good as expected, but next week will tell the real story.

Can't disagree with anything in this post. Should be an interesting season in the 4A.

Footballfanatic14

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 20, 2014, 02:58:49 pm
Quote from: Lacerta agilis on August 20, 2014, 02:29:11 pm

I normally dont do this but i will also disagree.  Dover does have a decent jr class but over all i think the 9th grade class, at this moment or during last year, has/had more overall talent.  That doesnt mean it will continue to mature and mean great things at the Sr High level. I am going back on Dardanelle for many years before 06.   They have a pretty decent sophmore class this year to go with the rest.

Junior class of Dover is alot better than sophomore class. Fondren,Price, and #3. The only Sophomore i can think of as being pretty darn good in highschool is the kid who played QB for them in Jr High.

x14113

September 07, 2014, 11:34:46 pm #39 Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:52:33 pm by x14113
Quote from: skydog on September 06, 2014, 02:44:00 pm
Ozark will be fine. They played many 10th graders against a very good booneville team and surprised many from both sides. What was surprising was how the young guys were not intimidated by a team that was supposed to beat them as bad as everyone predicted.

If only that attitude was present last year...

One Hillbilly Soph to watch is runner Corey Helmert. He's gonna be something the next three seasons.

Jacketman65

I'm puzzled!  Subi scores all of the points, Ozark plays a whole lot better than expected, PR whow - lot better than I thought and then Clinton - guess its another oh well.  We do know what we have with the lizards though and Potts - we will still have to see.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas