• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shiloh/Charleston @ FS Northside

Started by adaptedtigerfan, August 06, 2014, 07:49:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDSCHOOL82

Well, the rowdy kids showed up.  This thread is done!

cuckoobird

August 25, 2014, 12:17:33 pm #51 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:27:05 pm by cuckoobird
Who needs friends...

It is funny how you knew who dorkfish was though

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 25, 2014, 12:17:33 pm
Who needs friends...

heard an old man say on the golf course once "if you want a friend get a dog."

Jimbo Morphis

Who needs friends...

isn't that name calling? last year that got me banned.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on August 25, 2014, 01:03:07 pm
Who needs friends...

older than you!!!! That's unbelievable and he is correct.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on August 25, 2014, 01:05:19 pm
Who needs friends...

isn't that name calling? last year that got me banned.
Now I think you're just messing with him so he can see it. Good one!!! +1

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 25, 2014, 01:16:01 pm
Quote from: Oldman on August 25, 2014, 01:03:07 pm
Who needs friends...

older than you!!!! That's unbelievable and he is correct.
i'm only 49. thats young

Lions84

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 07, 2014, 08:46:14 am
Seems like the Shiloh posters pretty much left after that epic curb stomping on national TV a few years back. Or at least the ones that stayed throughout that season lost a little bit of their cockiness.

Yep Euless Trinity ripped them up real good.

Saint Fan1952

Not sure why we feel compelled to bring up a game from several years ago in terms of Trinity.

In terms of Shiloh.   I have posted very little since my kids all graduated, last one in 2010.  I did follow the team until they moved out of the 4A group.   With the move it destroyed all the teams we had watched them play for years and I lost interest.   With the departure of Josh Floyd this summer and the election of his Father as Southern Baptist President, I think you will see football move down a couple of notches.   The new coach is a great guy but had limited success at Greene County Tech, think he had a couple of good years and several bad ones although according to what I have heard they never have been very good over there.

The 365 transfer rule hit Shiloh right between the eyes.  Not for what many people think, the out of state players or the move ins are not influenced by that much.  The big loss is that in the past, Shiloh would get 5 to 7 players a year who found out they couldn't make the team at the nearby 7A schools or that they wouldn't get to start and usually for their Junior and Senior year they would enroll at Shiloh.   Never the best players in the state but for a very small 3A or 4A school having 5 to 7 additional players mean a lot.   With the transfer rule, if a Junior wanted to come to Shiloh he would have to sit out his Junior year and depending on when he transferred, maybe even part of his senior year.

I think that the Saints will be 3 to 4 team in the league and probably an early out in the playoffs this year and next year.   After that it will depend on the coach and whether the desire to keep the team on top is still there.    Josh Floyd was involved as a player and a coach for many years, his brother Nick also played at Shiloh.  With both of them out of the program as players and coaches you might see less involvement of the church and their resources.

At some point I would expect Under Armour to pull their deal with Shiloh.   I'm shocked it is still going on to be honest.   That will deal a major blow to the extra money that the team has to use today.    Despite popular opinion, the Saints don't have unlimited budget dollars to spend and having a huge expense paid has been a real advantage over the last 5 or 6 years.

Anyway since everyone asked about the Saint fans, I thought I'd post.   I don't sit in the blue seats anymore and rarely go to the games.  I pay a little attention to the program now and I'll post what I know or what I hear just to give the rest of you someone to jab at.   

The game last night was not a shock to me.   I thought Charleston would be a tough game and with a new coach in place, it's always hard to win a tough opener.  I still see Shiloh as probably top 3 in the 1 - 4A and probably a first round road loss in the playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas