• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is Prairie Grove thinking?

Started by pgfan2016, August 04, 2014, 04:04:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Fan

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 06, 2014, 03:37:17 pm
Quote from: TIGER101 on August 06, 2014, 08:01:11 am
One more thing Tigerdad, are they going to have chair back seats now?  If not how will they have it marked, because If my butts to big will I have to buy 2 seats.  :'( :'(
Your butt isn't that big unless you've swollen over the past year
Wow! 

Tigerdad

One more thing Tigerdad, are they going to have chair back seats now?  If not how will they have it marked, because If my butts to big will I have to buy 2 seats.  :'( :'(

No chair back seats this year. Center section will be roped off and numbered as will parking spots. As of tonight's booster club meeting all seats except for bottom 3 1/2 rows of center section have been sold. 

Nip/Tusk

Booster club.

I called that play brotha.
There is some big time $ in pg.

whippersnapper

Just saw on the Newport Football page that even with a brand new stadium, turf and scoreboard. They are only charging $32 for the whole season for your stadium seat. $8 a game. Granted only 4 guaranteed home games. But much more reasonable.

TIGER101

Seriously???  Swollen butt???  Do I need extra security if by chance PG plays Stutt this year..  STALKER!! :-\

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: TIGER101 on August 07, 2014, 09:32:09 am

Seriously???  Swollen butt???  Do I need extra security if by chance PG plays Stutt this year..  STALKER!! :-\
sounds like it.

Legend

They have something similar to that at Ozark. Pay to be in this club and get a meal before the home game and they did have a parking spot for you but im pretty sure they did away with the front row parking. I thought only night clubs had VIP. Now they have them at high school football games. Hey im rich look at me look at me.

pgfan2016

That's all it is!  STAY OUT.  This section is for privileged people only. 

Legend

Just another way to segregate the wealthy from the regular folks.

whippersnapper

I think when I go to a PG game this year I'm gonna sit there and see what they say to me. A normal paying high school football fan just like everyone else there.

Tigerdad

You know how it goes, try to make a change for the better and some just won't get on board.

Big Fan

Quote from: Legend on August 31, 2014, 02:42:33 pm
Sometimes you just want a break from the trailer trash. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Big Fan on August 31, 2014, 06:27:21 pm
Quote from: Legend on August 31, 2014, 02:42:33 pm
Sometimes you just want a break from the trailer trash.
Hard to tell a difference at most places though...

Legend

True but its a high school football game. Not a country club.

pgfan2016

Quote from: Legend on August 31, 2014, 07:49:42 pm
True but its a high school football game. Not a country club.

Thank you.  That's the best analogy I have read so far.

SUGARTOWN

August 31, 2014, 08:04:47 pm #65 Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:48:06 pm by SUGARTOWN
I have no problem charging a little extra for reserved seats, but charging as much as some do seems excessive. Going in and "saving" your seat a day early with a blanket seems ridiculous to me as well.

WPWells

I don't have a dog in the fight, but for someone as OCD as me I'd be willing to pay to get "my spot" each week

Tigerdad

August 31, 2014, 08:42:29 pm #67 Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 04:13:08 pm by Tigerdad
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 31, 2014, 08:13:07 pm
I don't have a dog in the fight, but for someone as OCD as me I'd be willing to pay to get "my spot" each week

12th Man-- That's what I'm talking about. Most of the guys complaining are used to sitting there by going in 2 days before the game and taping their blanket down or writing their name on papers duct taped to stands. It's looked real classy in the past.

Legend

This isnt Forrest Gumps bus... "Cant sit here". Do away with letting people come in early and tape their blanket or name to a seat but charging people so they can have reserved seating is dumb. Like I said its all social and another way to get more money out of people.

7PG7

We built a fancy, new, expensive addition to our stadium. If you really care about pg you'll pay up. Everybody wants new stuff, but nobody wants to pay.

beach bum

Welcome to fearless 7pg7... Prairie Grove is gaining a big following on here.... Btw I agree with you. If Abshier didnt treat the grass like gold PG was becoming a bad place for a 4A stadium. Abshier has a 2nd career after retiring if he wants. Best natural surface in 4A.

Tigerdad

Quote from: Legend on August 31, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
This isnt Forrest Gumps bus... "Cant sit here". Do away with letting people come in early and tape their blanket or name to a seat but charging people so they can have reserved seating is dumb. Like I said its all social and another way to get more money out of people.

I understand your opinion it's just different than mine. "Like I said its all social and another way to get more money out of people."
This is 100% correct. In my case, I've paid 66% more for all home senior high games than I would have at the gate but I'd much rather do that than buy coffee mugs, plastic cups, and tee shirts or to try to sell them to work colleagues to raise money.

Think about Razorback Stadium or any stadium but on a much smaller scale. Why do they have suite and club level seating? Why do they charge higher ticket amounts for better seating? It's all about raising money.

I don't know if they will offer it again next year at PG but I think it has been very successful for this year, as a fund raiser.

TIGER101

I have said since this first came out that this would be my biggest concern.  I cringe when reading things like this because it reflects on PG.  I'm all about making some extra money for the program, but was just afraid of this very thing happening.  I'm not saying that I am totally against it, but you could see this coming like a train wreck.  When you start separating in small schools this is what can happen.  Division, jealousy, resentment, all can be a killer to a program.  I have heard good things about the section sale and obviously there are others who I have heard don't agree with it.     

Cajun Hog

Quote from: TIGER101 on September 01, 2014, 11:08:24 am
I have said since this first came out that this would be my biggest concern.  I cringe when reading things like this because it reflects on PG.  I'm all about making some extra money for the program, but was just afraid of this very thing happening.  I'm not saying that I am totally against it, but you could see this coming like a train wreck.  When you start separating in small schools this is what can happen.  Division, jealousy, resentment, all can be a killer to a program.  I have heard good things about the section sale and obviously there are others who I have heard don't agree with it.   

Did you buy reserved seats?
It's hard raising money in this economy.  If it work good for PG that's good, if not they tried. 

doober3

Quote from: beach bum on September 01, 2014, 07:04:35 am
Welcome to fearless 7pg7... Prairie Grove is gaining a big following on here.... Btw I agree with you. If Abshier didnt treat the grass like gold PG was becoming a bad place for a 4A stadium. Abshier has a 2nd career after retiring if he wants. Best natural surface in 4A.
Uh no it's not.  Fields are certainly a matter of opinion and mine is, just off the top of my head...Gravette's is better, Lincoln's new field is better, Waldron's is better.  He does a great job with what he has to work with though.  BTW, did they ever get their goal posts aligned correctly?

TIGER101

September 02, 2014, 04:41:55 pm #75 Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:44:48 pm by TIGER101
Cajun, no I did not.  Mine was a senior last year and I would have considered buying one for my wife because of that.  I personally didn't need one.

Cajun knows this but, the 2 towns of PG and Farmington are not exactly in the beggarly or poverty-stricken category, but are also not in the multi-affluent either.  Fiscal distress should never be an issue when it comes to these two.  They both have solid leaders on the boards of the school and town.  So to raise a few thousand dollars and have this commotion seams like wasted energy.  IMO

Tried watching the Highland web cast last night after watching the Lincoln debacle but it was a terrible feed, so I looked up Midland Christian since they were playing Highland.  They offer webcast but its on Pay Preview.  With that being said. :-\ 
Don't want that to be next!!!!!

TIGER101

Quote from: doober3 on September 02, 2014, 04:30:37 pm
Quote from: beach bum on September 01, 2014, 07:04:35 am
Uh no it's not.  Fields are certainly a matter of opinion and mine is, just off the top of my head...Gravette's is better, Lincoln's new field is better, Waldron's is better.  He does a great job with what he has to work with though.  BTW, did they ever get their goal posts aligned correctly?

Lincolns older field is better than their newer field.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: TIGER101 on September 02, 2014, 04:41:55 pm
Cajun, no I did not.  Mine was a senior last year and I would have considered buying one for my wife because of that.  I personally didn't need one.

Cajun knows this but, the 2 towns of PG and Farmington are not exactly in the beggarly or poverty-stricken category, but are also not in the multi-affluent either.  Fiscal distress should never be an issue when it comes to these two.  They both have solid leaders on the boards of the school and town.  So to raise a few thousand dollars and have this commotion seams like wasted energy.  IMO

Tried watching the Highland web cast last night after watching the Lincoln debacle but it was a terrible feed, so I looked up Midland Christian since they were playing Highland.  They offer webcast but its on Pay Preview.  With that being said. :-\ 
Don't want that to be next!!!!!

Oh, lord I'm done if PPV happens at HS level.  I can see both sides and it touchs a nerve on a lot of people. Raising money is a lot hard then it was in the past, as ever business is getting up all the time.

We found out that the cost at 5A is $5 for everyone to get in. That's steep for kids.

zarns

PPV is here and it's going to be more widespread in the coming years. The days of streaming your local team on a Friday night will be coming to an end in the not too distant future or at the very least modified.

Very quietly the AAA signed a deal this spring with a National Company that streams games on a PPV basis. You can read all about it here http://www.ahsaa.org/news/976

It's a shame too... I can understand pushing out third parties who are looking to make a buck but when a school can't broadcast its own games there is a problem.

TIGER101

What a disappointment.  Lets just destroy the purity of the high school game we all have come to love.  Now we see why the kids act and do the things they do.  What an example us adults are showing................  The PG webcast is a school class project that uses it like a lesson.  It is set up by the kids and everything is done by the kids except for the commentary for obvious reasons, and they do a great job..,.

The Arkansas AAA does nothing but sit back and title individuals, then collect money for doing nothing.  Only trying to force people to go to games..  This is not College football.....   Anything to make a buck.  What an example. 

cuckoobird

Pg does have one of the best webcasts ive seen

Tigerdad

As you can see from my profile I read more than I post and this will be my last post on this topic. I can see and understand the debate from both sides, on the seat sales, webcasts, and other items for sale at the games. Some of these we have an opportunity to vote on or be part of the decision making process by being closer to the organization and others like the AAA Zarns spoke of earlier, slips by and we just have to accept it.

In the end everyone of us that is registered on FF has a reason for being here. Love of the game, support and child involvement, being a troll, or maybe an excuse to get away from the better half. Whatever the reason we have to support the program and be involved.

Season opener Friday night, at home, on what may or may not be the best natural field in 4a, webcast available for those that can't make it out, playing the Cardinals.......gotta love football season!

doober3

Quote from: TIGER101 on September 02, 2014, 04:46:53 pm

Uh, that really sounds like some Lincoln hate there.  Their old field wasn't terrible but it is nowhere near the new one.  I have been on every field in NWA over the last 10 years and some in other parts of the state, PG has a nice field but it's nowhere near the top of 4A.  I do like coach Abshier a lot though and I also love his pregame snacks!

I noticed the last time I went by their field that the concession's were torn down, what have they done over there?

TIGER101

September 03, 2014, 07:01:37 pm #83 Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 07:03:34 pm by TIGER101
Quote from: doober3 on September 03, 2014, 04:37:12 pm
Quote from: TIGER101 on September 02, 2014, 04:46:53 pm

Uh, that really sounds like some Lincoln hate there.  Their old field wasn't terrible but it is nowhere near the new one.  I have been on every field in NWA over the last 10 years and some in other parts of the state, PG has a nice field but it's nowhere near the top of 4A.  I do like coach Abshier a lot though and I also love his pregame snacks!

I noticed the last time I went by their field that the concession's were torn down, what have they done over there?

What are you talking about?  Where do you come up with "Lincoln hate" because I thought the grass on the old field in Lincoln was in good shape. ??? ??? ??? ??? 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas