• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is Prairie Grove thinking?

Started by pgfan2016, August 04, 2014, 04:04:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pgfan2016

As I sat this afternoon at the airport in San Antonio I get a call from home and my wife tells me that to sit in the section I have sat in for 9 years it's going to cost me $100.00 per seat.  WHAT?  That's all I could say.  I have 4 in my family so $400.00 plus the price at the gate?  SHAME ON YOU PG administration.   I have spoken to several people today that are not very happy about it, including a few who work for the school.  Why don't we just put a sign up and say the people who can't afford these seats are not allowed to cross this line of the stadium.  I'm embarrassed that the leaders of this school could allow something like this. 

Cajun Hog

LJ06

Quote from: pgfan2016 on August 04, 2014, 04:04:06 pm
As I sat this afternoon at the airport in San Antonio I get a call from home and my wife tells me that to sit in the section I have sat in for 9 years it's going to cost me $100.00 per seat.  WHAT?  That's all I could say.  I have 4 in my family so $400.00 plus the price at the gate?  SHAME ON YOU PG administration.   I have spoken to several people today that are not very happy about it, including a few who work for the school.  Why don't we just put a sign up and say the people who can't afford these seats are not allowed to cross this line of the stadium.  I'm embarrassed that the leaders of this school could allow something like this. 

Warren did this several years ago in the middle section of our home stands. Put in 240 stadium seats and charged $50 per seat I believe, but comes with season tickets. Still it's an empty section every week in the middle.

whippersnapper

I could understand more if you had stadium seating and was paying for the year for that one spot. But that's ridiculous. Even Newport isn't charging that much for their seats. PG admin better get their act together or they'll before they know it. Parents should go to the board and voice their opinion.

LJ06

Yeah that's pretty crazy especially for a high school football game. I don't even pay those prices to watch the razorbacks lol. They better change those prices and soon. Most people won't put that kinda money out for a high school game. Sounds like PG is about as bad as the AAA on jacking up prices.

TIGER101

August 04, 2014, 05:48:04 pm #5 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:56:48 am by TIGER101
I don't think I agree with it.  Its still high school athletics.  I haven't been told any details on why they are doing it, but will tell you that this really surprises me knowing who the PG administration is.   I want to do some checking before really saying to much. 
This is the season price not individual game price.  I just think it could cause separation in your program.  I would be hacked if someone told me I couldn't sit in a certain section without throwing that kind of money at them.  Especially when my tax money helps pay for the bleachers.

LJ06

Quote from: TIGER101 on August 04, 2014, 05:48:04 pm
I do not agree with it at all.  Its still high school athletics.  I haven't been told any details on why they are doing it, but will tell you that this really surprises me knowing who the PG administration are.   I want to do some checking before really saying to much.  This is the season price not individual game price.  I just think it could cause separation in your program.  I would be hacked if someone told me I couldn't sit in a certain section with throwing that kind of money at them.  Especially when my tax money helps pay for the bleachers.

Man if that was a single game price nobody would be at the games lol

Big Fan

At $400 you got off cheap...$500 at Monticello.  The years we play in Hootens Classic (which I hate to) as the home team makes it worse as that SAME cost is now spread out over 4 home games.........plus jr high of course...oh, and 7th grade games. 

LJ06

Quote from: Big Fan on August 04, 2014, 07:25:04 pm
At $400 you got off cheap...$500 at Monticello.  The years we play in Hootens Classic (which I hate to) as the home team makes it worse as that SAME cost is now spread out over 4 home games.........plus jr high of course...oh, and 7th grade games. 

Good lord man that's ridiculous. I don't like the Hootens deal either. Takes a precious home game away and at that price you want every one you can get.

~WPS~

That's just crazy. At Nashville it's $50 for 5 games in a stadium chair and no charge at the gate.

SUGARTOWN

As far as I know it's $5 extra for a reserved seat at Stuttgart.

You PG fans should just pay the gate admission and sit on the visitor side. Maybe after a couple of games with small crowd on the home side the admin would get the message.

LJ06

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 04, 2014, 07:52:06 pm
That's just crazy. At Nashville it's $50 for 5 games in a stadium chair and no charge at the gate.

Same here

AirWarren

Gotta keep up with the NWA and apparently monticello Jones'.

Razorback Red

None of us have to like it, but this is becoming the norm in HS.  Kids want new jerseys, dance uni's and band instruments and it takes a lot of money to buy them.  My guess is many will pay the price to support their kids; the old peer pressure will kick in.  I'm assuming this price also includes a parking pass, hats, shirts, etc.  The good part about it is if you choose to buy in, you can get to the game just before kickoff and not have to stand in line or get there an hour early to grab good seats.

You can also always choose to pay the $5 ticket price and sit in another section and still have good seats. 

TIGER101

I would think 50.00 for 5 or 6 games would be a fair price.  I look at families who might not be able to afford 100.00 for multiple seats.  Had a person PM me and had a good suggestion.  For schools who do this why not offer it to the Sr player, cheerleader, and even band families.  That is something that I could go along with.

Razorback Red

Quote from: AirWarren on August 04, 2014, 08:23:56 pm

Gotta keep up with the NWA and apparently monticello Jones'.

Prob more truth to that than what most of us want to admit.  The smaller schools in NWA (PG, Farm, Shiloh, Gravette, Gentry, Pea Ridge) are all surrounded by the bulk of the largest schools in the state that have new everything and have implemented these types of programs.  They've seen it work and now want to try it.  If it improves cash flow, it's a great move for the school. 

Big Fan

Quote from: Razorback Red on August 04, 2014, 08:27:35 pm
I'm assuming this price also includes a parking pass, hats, shirts, etc. 
You would be wrong.  Parking will set you back another $50 per year.  However, you do get the right to purchase hats, shirts, etc. at the same price as everyone else. 

LJ06

Quote from: Big Fan on August 04, 2014, 08:42:32 pm
You would be wrong.  Parking will set you back another $50 per year.  However, you do get the right to purchase hats, shirts, etc. at the same price as everyone else. 

Ouch

Razorback Red

That does sound a bit steep.  Wonder is this is something Farmington has already been doing?  If it makes you feel better, it's still about half the price of what the 7A schools charge. 

SUGARTOWN

Y'all charge for parking too? Lol...how much is popcorn, $10 a box?

Nip/Tusk

August 04, 2014, 09:28:06 pm #20 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:31:11 pm by Josh Louin
My sources tell me this is a booster club thing, not an administration thing.

Having said that, I would think admin and school board would have to be aware of this and perhaps sign off on it. But from what I gather its a booster club deal driving it.

*Disclaimer - I reserve the right to be 100% wrong though.

Have also been told there's several people that sneak into these events, costing everyone money except for themselves of course. Lol

I would also be surprised if its the cost + admission but again I could be wrong.

Big Fan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2014, 09:25:36 pm

Don't know, I bring my own. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Big Fan on August 04, 2014, 09:51:34 pm

Dang, you have to smuggle in popcorn. How sad.

You know, if schools really wanted to make $$$ they would charge to use the restroom. $2 to stand, $5 to sit. (Sorry ladies)

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2014, 09:58:49 pm

You know, if schools really wanted to make $$$ they would charge to use the restroom. $2 to stand, $5 to sit. (Sorry ladies)

Then you would just start seeing random streams pouring from the stands periodically throughout the games.

Big Fan

Quote from: LJ06 on August 04, 2014, 10:05:23 pm

Then you would just start seeing random streams pouring from the stands periodically throughout the games.
Too much info.........move along.

LJ06

Quote from: Big Fan on August 04, 2014, 10:06:34 pm

Sorry times are tough enough to have smuggle popcorn  ::)

Lionheart88

Yikes.  When White Hall put in chairback seats a few years ago, it was at $100 a seat, but that's a season pass, no additional per-game cost, and it gets you into HS and JH home games.  And we don't charge for parking.

Jacketman65

Quote from: LJ06 on August 04, 2014, 10:07:36 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on August 04, 2014, 10:06:34 pm

Sorry times are tough enough to have smuggle popcorn  ::)
To heck with the popcorn, I usually smuggle BEER!

x14113

PG needs to find a way to, oh, double its seating capacity before it even considers pulling a stunt like that.

Never mind all the planning that should commence before offering any sort of premium seating.

Jimbo Morphis

500? thats like 100.00 per touchdown at monticello.

TIGER101

Big Fan

Quote from: Oldman on August 05, 2014, 08:19:31 am
500? thats like 100.00 per touchdown at monticello.
I like to think of it as $14/point. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2014, 07:56:51 pm
As far as I know it's $5 extra for a reserved seat at Stuttgart.

You PG fans should just pay the gate admission and sit on the visitor side. Maybe after a couple of games with small crowd on the home side the admin would get the message.
I believe you are correct but with teacher discounts added into mine I can't say for sure.

hawgfan15

What position is the Soehner kid playing this year? I have seen several people projecting him to OL at the next level.

rskyb33

Needs to come with  pregame meals, booze, and a recliner ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tigerdad

I love it. Most of the Tiger fans posting on here don't have a clue as to what is actually going on. Maybe you're not involved in the 'ol local program like you thought or want to post about.

I would rather see them get some money out of the locals as to walk into the home seating section on game night  and see blankets and names taped to over half of the seats. If you want reserved seating come on out and get you some.

Nip/Tusk

Tigerdad, don't lump all the pg posters in that group!  Lol

I would be annoyed if I went to a game and saw people thinking they could save seats like that.

LJ06

Yeah that's pretty sad if people actually try to reserve a seat by simply putting their name on tape and putting it in "their" spot.

Tigerdad

You're right Josh, apologies to the other PG guys that my rant didn't apply to. It really is frustrating to see all the saved seats when you walk in there. I personally didn't go to buy the reserved seating but doesn't sound like a terrible deal. Season ticket to all home games with parking spot, if you've ever been to Tiger Stadium you will know that parking is tight.

Nip/Tusk

No problem man. I admitted I didn't know the whole story and still don't to be honest. I was just going off what I had heard.

Yeah, entitlement people are the worst. And I think unfortunately they're becoming more prevalent not just in our hometowns but all over the country. Guess pg will find out now if these folks are willing to put their $ where there butts are. Lol

beach bum

August 05, 2014, 10:02:52 pm #40 Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:06:59 pm by beach bum
I have been in PG visiting with family.... I am just glad to see that the bathrooms and concessions stands are being improved when I went jogging by there. Those things were terrible  ;D..... Who likes being watched like a Friday night at the movies of a big new release when you want to use the bathroom..... People who are from PG know what I am talking about

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Tigerdad on August 05, 2014, 08:27:41 pm

I would rather see them get some money out of the locals as to walk into the home seating section on game night  and see blankets and names taped to over half of the seats. If you want reserved seating come on out and get you some.

That's been going on sense the 70's at PG, when the home side was where the visitor section is now.

Nip/Tusk

Pg is making some much needed changes to their facilities. A new gym is also being built, not sure if they've started that.

Heck, maybe that's why they needed to start charging for season tickets. Lol.

I might have to make a few trips to pg this year just to see some potential fireworks in the stands. Lol

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LJ06 on August 05, 2014, 09:00:47 pm
Yeah that's pretty sad if people actually try to reserve a seat by simply putting their name on tape and putting it in "their" spot.
I agree. If you're not paying for it, don't try to "save" it by putting your name on it. That's just lame. If you want that spot just get there when gates open and plant your butt in the seat and wait for the game...

TIGER101

August 06, 2014, 07:38:10 am #44 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:16:19 pm by TIGER101
Quote from: Tigerdad on August 05, 2014, 09:05:02 pm
You're right Josh, apologies to the other PG guys that my rant didn't apply to. It really is frustrating to see all the saved seats when you walk in there. I personally didn't go to buy the reserved seating but doesn't sound like a terrible deal. Season ticket to all home games with parking spot, if you've ever been to Tiger Stadium you will know that parking is tight.

I agree with that.  It is ridiculous going by and taping you name to a seat.  Get there early and sit your butt down.  I wasn't there but was told they auctioned off the top row, then sold the remainder?  I like the idea on the auction of the top row. 

Tigerdad, how did it all go and how many were sold?  It sounds like a lot of bad blood between people for a few thousand dollars.  That was always my biggest concern, but done right it could be a good thing.   I see schools throw that amount around like its monopoly money sometimes

TIGER101

August 06, 2014, 08:01:11 am #45 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:03:38 am by TIGER101
One more thing Tigerdad, are they going to have chair back seats now?  If not how will they have it marked, because If my butts to big will I have to buy 2 seats.  :'( :'( 

Cajun Hog

Quote from: TIGER101 on August 06, 2014, 08:01:11 am
One more thing Tigerdad, are they going to have chair back seats now?  If not how will they have it marked, because If my butts to big will I have to buy 2 seats.  :'( :'(

That's funny!!!

cuckoobird

Your butt isn't that big unless you've swollen over the past year

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 06, 2014, 03:37:17 pm
Your butt isn't that big unless you've swollen over the past year
really?

Hootie

The man sprints indefinitely with scissors. What do you expect?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas