• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover vs Crossett for scrimmage.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, July 26, 2014, 07:45:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on July 29, 2014, 09:59:38 am
Quote from: LJ06 on July 29, 2014, 09:58:24 am
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 29, 2014, 09:41:04 am
Quote from: LJ06 on July 29, 2014, 08:49:55 am
Can we switch the topic name to Crossett's road to success? ;D
I might do that. While I am at it, I may have to go ahead and change the title of the 4A board to the Warren/Stuttgart Peeing Contest Board since every thread on the board gets turned into one.

We fixed that problem Eddie. Now we have a glorious thread with constant peeing matches from all fanbases lol.

Find some Hermitage people. Make it really fun. Or the old posters from Marion.

If I really wanted to tick them off then just go down there and talk about any team taking Monta away from them. Works wonders since they are a one man band ya know.

AirWarren

I can see the headlines in the papers. "MT has over 500 yards in offense as the Hermits go down in defeat 76-0 at the hands of Woodlawn."

Big Fan

Quote from: LJ06 on July 29, 2014, 10:00:48 am
I might do that. While I am at it, I may have to go ahead and change the title of the 4A board to the Warren/Stuttgart Peeing Contest Board since every thread on the board gets turned into one.

We fixed that problem Eddie. Now we have a glorious thread with constant peeing matches from all fanbases lol.

If I really wanted to tick them off then just go down there and talk about any team taking Monta away from them. Works wonders since they are a one man band ya know.
Another derail....you two really can't help yourself, can you?

AirWarren

This is a Trash thread at this point.

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on July 29, 2014, 10:10:02 am

I am intrigued at your interest in becoming this newly renown "FF Rule Toadie".

LJ06

Okay I'll stick to the other thread you specialized mod you. Back to the original topic.................................................................

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on July 29, 2014, 10:18:25 am

Okay I'll stick to the other thread you specialized mod you. Back to the original topic.................................................................

So....Smackover has nearly 50 kids on the roster.

Proud Buckaroo

AirWarren

So...Crossett has over 55 on the roster...per EG....

AirWarren

Proud Buckaroo

I wonder what he will say if this new and improved team goes "3-7" again.

AirWarren

LJ06

Crossett will be better than last year but the problem is they will be playing in a loaded 8-4A where there is nobody to just gang up on since LV left. Smackover will be one of the better teams in 3A bringing back an experienced squad. Still won't see much in this game because let's not forget it's a scrimmage.

Proud Buckaroo

I'm very aware of this scrimmage. I'm speaking on terms of Crossett's regular season.

LJ06

July 29, 2014, 11:02:04 am #114 Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:06:53 am by LJ06
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 29, 2014, 11:01:04 am
I'm very aware of this scrimmage. I'm speaking on terms of Crossett's regular season.

Wasn't referencing you and as far as regular season goes it will be tough for them. They could beat Magnolia in the first game, but after get Fordyce, McGehee, and Warren in consecutive weeks. That's a tough three game stretch in which they'll likely lose all 3. Question is can they stay healthy through that. They have two winnable games after that with Dumas and DeWitt. I'd probably put Crossett at 3-7 at best and that is not a knock on Crossett. Just gonna be tough for them to win more than 2 or 3 games in 8-4A if that.

Eddie Goodson

I zero clue as to how many games they will win. I just know that they are making great strides to be competetive again. That is step one. If they can get to the point they are still in games in the 4th quarter wins will come.

phdefense

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 29, 2014, 11:03:39 am
I zero clue as to how many games they will win. I just know that they are making great strides to be competetive again. That is step one. If they can get to the point they are still in games in the 4th quarter wins will come.
So the immediate goal is to not get blown out? "Okay everyone on three...1...2...3..."don't get blown out!"

LJ06

Wins will come sooner or later it just may be next season before you see more wins on the record. Probably will be more competitive this year.

green-eagle

Quote from: LJ06 on July 29, 2014, 11:02:04 am

Wasn't referencing you and as far as regular season goes it will be tough for them. They could beat Magnolia in the first game, but after get Fordyce, McGehee, and Warren in consecutive weeks. That's a tough three game stretch in which they'll likely lose all 3. Question is can they stay healthy through that. They have two winnable games after that with Dumas and DeWitt. I'd probably put Crossett at 3-7 at best and that is not a knock on Crossett. Just gonna be tough for them to win more than 2 or 3 games in 8-4A if that.

I'm seeing a possible 5-5 out of the crossett eagles this year....this is all pending the game against Magonlia since this game has always determined our season for some reason. Beating Monitcello and or Hamburg back to back will be tough.

LJ06

Quote from: green-eagle on July 29, 2014, 04:17:03 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on July 29, 2014, 11:02:04 am

I'm seeing a possible 5-5 out of the crossett eagles this year....this is all pending the game against Magonlia since this game has always determined our season for some reason. Beating Monitcello and or Hamburg back to back will be tough.

I'll give you the Magnolia win so that means you'd have to go 4-3 in conference play to make 5-5. Gonna be tough.

tmycjy

My computer say smackover 28 crossett 17 good luck to both school on your season

CounterPunch

Quote from: AirWarren on July 29, 2014, 10:19:24 am

dang. Does every kid in the school play?

AirWarren

Quote from: CounterPunch on July 29, 2014, 06:45:34 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on July 29, 2014, 10:19:24 am

dang. Does every kid in the school play?

Please be informed. Norphlet and Smackover merged. They got some 15 players from Norphlet.

Proud Buckaroo

We had 30 kids already on the team. Moved up a few when they moved to 10th grade. 5-7 kids that didn't play last year. Now play. And 14 kids from Norphlet are playing on the team now.

Big Fan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 29, 2014, 07:46:53 pm
Quote from: phdefense on July 29, 2014, 11:06:33 am
So the immediate goal is to not get blown out? "Okay everyone on three...1...2...3..."don't get blown out!"
They're just looking for moral victories at this point.
Gotta start somewhere.  The scary thing for the 8-4A is if Crossett ever does get its act together. 

LJ06

Quote from: Big Fan on July 29, 2014, 07:52:13 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 29, 2014, 07:46:53 pm
Quote from: phdefense on July 29, 2014, 11:06:33 am
They're just looking for moral victories at this point.
Gotta start somewhere.  The scary thing for the 8-4A is if Crossett ever does get its act together. 

If Crossett gets back to being the program it once was it will be a bad thing for teams in 8-4A. If Monticello gets back up and Dumas gets back to their 2000s personality then we have an 8-4A tough from top to bottom. Can't count out DeWitt either since they are improving. Be interesting to see how Crossett does fare this season seeing how they beat Dumas last year and where in several games.

Hootie

Quote from: LJ06 on July 30, 2014, 03:34:02 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on July 30, 2014, 03:25:12 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 30, 2014, 03:18:21 pm
Where's Gillett??    Is that near the Mississippi or the Bayou??
It's near the Mississippi, Arkansas, and White rivers and near Lagrue, Big and Little bayou Meto on the south end of Arkansas county. God's country

Only good thing about Gillett is it's close to a good fishing hole, well was before it got messed up. And I guess the coon supper...if your into that sort of thing.

** you're....

Don't let SJ catch you.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: phdefense on July 27, 2014, 11:44:24 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on July 27, 2014, 10:20:04 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 27, 2014, 08:50:30 pm
My mistake read it wrong. Anyways. Still though. It takes more than two years to re-build a program that hasn't been very good in years. I believe 2003 was your best season?

We are talking about Crossett competing with/beating Smackover in a scrimmage. Not them winning 4A. The eagles will be an improved football team.
And it's not like Smackover is some kind of 3A juggernaut here. Looking at their recent history they always have a down year after a good year so if the patten holds they should be pretty down this year.

I would not bet on that in the near future....................history at Smackover is just that, history.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 04, 2014, 09:33:35 pm
Quote from: phdefense on July 27, 2014, 11:44:24 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on July 27, 2014, 10:20:04 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 27, 2014, 08:50:30 pm
My mistake read it wrong. Anyways. Still though. It takes more than two years to re-build a program that hasn't been very good in years. I believe 2003 was your best season?

We are talking about Crossett competing with/beating Smackover in a scrimmage. Not them winning 4A. The eagles will be an improved football team.
And it's not like Smackover is some kind of 3A juggernaut here. Looking at their recent history they always have a down year after a good year so if the patten holds they should be pretty down this year.

I would not bet on that in the near future....................history at Smackover is just that, history.

Smackover's talent hasn't been on this level in a while. Most of Smackover's spurts of history have been majority of when the senior class gets to their last season. This record has only begun. Majority of the players who got this 12-2 record were sophmores. We only graduated three seniors total. Three very good players, but were easily replaced.

Proud Buckaroo

9 more days and I finally get to see my Buckaroos in action!

Proud Buckaroo

27-16 is the final on this scrimmage.

Big Fan

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 29, 2014, 10:21:42 pm
27-16 is the final on this scrimmage.
Sounds like Smackover put up a decent fight. 

Eddie Goodson

I 'll say they did. They had the 27. Didn't go and have not talked to anyone who did. Looks as though the goat ropers are as good as advertised.

AirWarren

Proud Buckaroo

Crossett looked pretty decent. Struggled at times. One kid is pretty fast on the returning team. I see them going 3-7 again this year. Thing is though. Smackover had their reserves in the second and third quarter. The last Smackover touchdown was made by a 10th grader. Crossett didn't score until the last 2 minutes of the second half and last few minutes of the third.

BUCK FEVER

The Bucks have a way to go yet, starters were up 27-0 when they were pulled...that sounds and looks good, but it was sloppy and way to many mistakes......they will get there.

BUCK FEVER

Crossett looks like a team with potential, big line, couple good recievers, some decent speed.......a win or 2 with added confidence could be all they need.

AirWarren

Eaglemaniac

Crossett was inside the 10 twice and failed to score.  Smackover has great speed. QB very accurate when throwing the ball,

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas