• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite HC Resigns-- Who will step in?

Started by minerjack, July 16, 2014, 09:19:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

minerjack

July 16, 2014, 09:19:43 pm Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:24:13 pm by minerjack2212
Bauxite's Shane Clancy announced his resignation and the Saline Courier announced it 8 hours ago through a tweet.  Who could step in to take his place? 

AirWarren

whippersnapper

What about the Ole ball Coach Watson. Splitback veer...

minerjack

Some of the admins might have some pull to lean that way.

minerjack

Don't know.  Last time I talked to him he was kind of itching to get back into the game.  Not at Bauxite, though, I don't think.  But, he might not have seen this one coming.  He claimed he would like to start back at a junior high program.  Just to give him something to do. 

Coach Clancy was a good one, though.  His record doesn't reflect what kind of coach or man he is.

tmycjy

Hey u looking for a guy you should see if mike Guthrie will that the job he is already on your coaching staff coach he use to be head coach at Lincoln and ceaderville

Jacketman65

Is there a problem at Bauxite?  Why would a coach resign this time of year?  I could see Bret Watson taking that job if they would hire him.  Been trying to get a head job for quite some time from what I understand.

DogsWin7

Harv Welch.   I had to do it for UI.  :)

whippersnapper

Coach Guthrie would be an excellent choice. Took Cedarville to the quarters in 2009. Their best season ever. He runs the legendary Diamond T offense Coach Campbell style.

DogsWin7

I haven't seen Coach Campbell on here in awhile...I.Hope he is doing well.  :)

Do they have an Assist they are possibly considering moving up???

quicksand

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 16, 2014, 11:25:10 pm
that's the problem.  the school didn't search for a new coach when Watson quit they just promoted someone already on staff.  look where that got them.  bauxite needs to actually search for a coach.

cuckoobird

Quote from: quicksand on July 17, 2014, 08:31:30 am
that's the problem.  the school didn't search for a new coach when Watson quit they just promoted someone already on staff.  look where that got them.  bauxite needs to actually search for a coach.
It's going to be extremely difficult to find a coach just two weeks prior to two-a-days. If Jon is willing I think that would be their best bet.

AirWarren

It's more than just coaching that is the problem at bauxite. You can see it when other teams in the 7-4a step on the field beside them.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: AirWarren on July 17, 2014, 09:16:30 am
It's more than just coaching that is the problem at bauxite. You can see it when other teams in the 7-4a step on the field beside them.
Interesting tidbit about Bauxite ....
The Miners are 79-64-1 since the 2001 season, but since their move to Class 4A, their record has been 5-35. Ugh!

DogsWin7

Not a kind conference, looks like.

Any ideas when the next board meeting is? 

I assume the assists are continuing with camps, drills and etc. 

AirWarren

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on July 17, 2014, 10:19:01 am
The Miners are 79-64-1 since the 2001 season, but since their move to Class 4A, their record has been 5-35. Ugh!

Ouch.

Big Fan

since their move to Class 4A, their record has been 5-35. Ugh!
Coincidence that the winning stopped when Watson left. 

hogdiggity

Bauxite has some kids with a lot of heart and a couple of really good players.  The problem there is they just don't have enough to play 4 quarters against the competition in the 7-4a. 

I was told the dc is the front runner for the hc job. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on July 17, 2014, 07:39:17 pm

Other factors.

1. Went from playing against 2a competition to 4A competition almost over night. 2A to 3A to 4A all in the matter of about 12 years. The schools growth has been it's biggest enemy.

2. The football squad is small in comparison to their conference opponents (see Nashville, Arkadelphia, Malvern).

3. Aren't consistently playing the cedervilles, Jessevilles, cutter morning stars, and other non Junction city/Beardens of the 2A world.

tmycjy

The last time I seem him he was doing fine

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on July 17, 2014, 08:38:10 pm

Other factors.

1. Went from playing against 2a competition to 4A competition almost over night. 2A to 3A to 4A all in the matter of about 12 years. The schools growth has been it's biggest enemy.

2. The football squad is small in comparison to their conference opponents (see Nashville, Arkadelphia, Malvern).

3. Aren't consistently playing the cedervilles, Jessevilles, cutter morning stars, and other non Junction city/Beardens of the 2A world.
Watson would have won a heck of a lot more than 5 games in 5 years though......

btw....does size really matter?   :)

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on July 17, 2014, 09:12:34 pm

Other factors.

Maybe he would. Will never know.

As far as size, you would just have to see the bauxite squad to understand haha.

HorseFeathers

Other factors.

1. The jump from 2A to 3A didn't stop their winning, the jump from 3A to 4A seen their win total drop from 11 to 1 in a single year...What year did Watson leave?

2. I don't seem to recall any team moving into the 4A-7 recently(Maybe CAC?), and actually finding success?

3...ah well yeah it's hard to compare any conference in 3A or 2A to the 4A-7...Nashville, Ashdown, Malvern, Arkadelphia(off and on)

SUGARTOWN

They're 5-35 since moving up to 4A? Looks they may be turning into another Waldron.

cuckoobird

Well they play waldron this year and since its a conference game, somebody has to win

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 18, 2014, 08:42:17 am
Well they play waldron this year and since its a conference game, somebody has to win

That game should definitely be on the pick em that week!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Big Fan on July 17, 2014, 09:12:34 pm

Other factors.

Yes.....yes it does.  :)

DogsWin7

Quote from: tmycjy on July 17, 2014, 09:10:19 pm

The last time I seem him he was doing fine
thank you!  :)

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 18, 2014, 08:46:21 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on July 18, 2014, 08:42:17 am

That game should definitely be on the pick em that week!

Done!

whippersnapper

Via Twitter: Bauxite has promoted DC Mike Guthrie to head coach.

nomorewhining

The defense only gave up 50.1 points per game last year.....good choice

whippersnapper

Mike Guthrie is qualified to be a hc. He took Cedarville to their best season ever in 2008. I hope he runs the ball like he did before.

hawgfan15

Quote from: nomorewhining on July 28, 2014, 03:15:17 pm
The defense only gave up 50.1 points per game last year.....good choice

Coaching only goes so far...

minerjack

Quote from: whippersnapper on July 28, 2014, 03:32:05 pm
Mike Guthrie is qualified to be a hc. He took Cedarville to their best season ever in 2008. I hope he runs the ball like he did before.
They averaged about 32 points a game last season.  I think since Guthrie is just the interim HC, he will continue to let the OC do his job.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: minerjack2212 on July 28, 2014, 08:20:12 pm
They averaged about 32 points a game last season.  I think since Guthrie is just the interim HC, he will continue to let the OC do his job.

wait...they only hired an interim? Why not give a guy the reigns and let him do his thing, or promote from within?

whippersnapper

Not sure, just what I saw. I am pretty sure Guthrie's wife is in administration work so that could have to do with it. Guthrie also stepped down from Cedarville to be an assistant, some coaches prefer coaching rather then being a hc.

quicksand

Quote from: HF on July 28, 2014, 11:09:15 pm
or promote from within?
they did promote from within once before...they went 5-35

DogsWin7

wait...they only hired an interim? Why not give a guy the reigns and let him do his thing, or promote from within?
Sometimes they do that to see how they handle the season, or it could have been at the Coaches request.   At the end of the year he could still end up with the position.   Maybe the board wanted more time.....many possibilities.  Who knows??    Wish them well.

tmycjy

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 30, 2014, 09:03:25 am

So who did get the job
Sometimes they do that to see how they handle the season, or it could have been at the Coaches request.   At the end of the year he could still end up with the position.   Maybe the board wanted more time.....many possibilities.  Who knows??    Wish them well.

Lions84

The Miners have had a tough row to hoe since 2001. Best of luck to their New Coach.

TBone70

I love old school running games. They have gone to the way side.

tmycjy

Hey a question answer did mike Guthrie get the coaching job at bauxite if he didn't tell me who did and also want to know what offense that coach is going to run

whippersnapper

Yes he did. And I hope runs 27/43 trap!

tmycjy

whippersnapper

Not sure but I'll see if I can find out

Lionheart88

Quote from: HF on July 17, 2014, 10:08:55 pm

Other factors.

1. The jump from 2A to 3A didn't stop their winning, the jump from 3A to 4A seen their win total drop from 11 to 1 in a single year...What year did Watson leave?

2. I don't seem to recall any team moving into the 4A-7 recently(Maybe CAC?), and actually finding success?

3...ah well yeah it's hard to compare any conference in 3A or 2A to the 4A-7...Nashville, Ashdown, Malvern, Arkadelphia(off and on)
Arkadelphia moved into the conference in 2011-2012 and won it last year, didn't they?

phdefense

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 11, 2014, 08:26:14 pm
Quote from: HF on July 17, 2014, 10:08:55 pm

Other factors.

Arkadelphia moved into the conference in 2011-2012 and won it last year, didn't they?

Not really the same.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/school/Arkadelphia.html

Conference   Joined   Left
AAAA Southwest   2001   2005
5A Southwest   2006   2007
4A-7   2008   2009
5A Southwest   2010   2011
4A-7   2012   2013

Lionheart88

Okay, they joined, left, rejoined, then went 13-1 in their most recent two years in the conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas